PDA

View Full Version : Early depth chart

Harlan Huckleby
08-07-2012, 08:07 AM
http://www.packers.com/team/depth-chart.html

Brandon Saine ahead of Alex Greene?

I wonder if Sampson Genus would play ahead of Evan Dietrich-Smith at center.

Derek Sherrod as a backup looks shakey. Although I doubt TT would get an old guy even if Sherrod goes PUP.
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/if-packers-are-buying-markets-full-of-tackles-5i6co89-165223566.html

Jerel Worthy should be a starter soon

Hard to get used to seeing Jarrett Bush penciled-in at starting CB. I kinda like the guy because he is good tackler.

Pugger
08-07-2012, 08:35 AM
Lets see this chart again after a game or two.

Brandon494
08-07-2012, 12:07 PM
Way too early to take that depth chart seriously, Bush at starting CB? :bang: Although I do believe Brandon Saine will be our 3rd down back this season. He and Kuhn are the only backs in camp so far who are not having trouble with pass blocking.

KYPack
08-07-2012, 03:37 PM
Yeah, it's way too early, but some interesting info...

Zombo has switched sides and is the 4th string LOLB? Been nice knowing ya, Frankie.

Look at the mob at TE, sheezus.

Hargrove is the 3rd string NT? yo, whatever.

EDS is the back-up LS? didn't know that.

There is some conjecture that if Newhouse physical miseries (concussion) continue they may do a whole swap. Bulaga LT, Lang RT, EDS to LG. That would have to be considered.

RashanGary
08-07-2012, 03:50 PM
To be honest, we know what we have in AR, GJ, JN, JF and Kuhn. It's not a home game. I'd just hand it off 6 times and get AR the fuck out of there. I'd keep the OL guys where they are though. I'd love to get off to a fast start with that group.

RashanGary
08-07-2012, 03:52 PM
Oh, and the first depth chart we can come even close to believing is the one that comes out for game 1 of the regular season. I don't think MM even gives a shit to update that thing.

Freak Out
08-07-2012, 04:24 PM
Who or what is Marshmallow? Did I miss something? :)

Harlan Huckleby
08-07-2012, 04:38 PM
There is some conjecture that if Newhouse physical miseries (concussion) continue they may do a whole swap. Bulaga LT, Lang RT, EDS to LG. That would have to be considered.

Well, this is the 57th time that Bulaga has been moved to LT in this forum. I suppose it is possible. I'm not sure it matters that much which sides Lang & Bulaga play on.

Joemailman
08-07-2012, 06:04 PM
http://www.packers.com/team/depth-chart.html

Hard to get used to seeing Jarrett Bush penciled-in at starting CB. I kinda like the guy because he is good tackler.

The way he covers, he needs to be.

RashanGary
08-07-2012, 06:33 PM
Who or what is Marshmallow? Did I miss something? :)

Marshmallow Newhouse. I think Bretsky came up with it.

KYPack
08-07-2012, 07:20 PM
Well, this is the 57th time that Bulaga has been moved to LT in this forum. I suppose it is possible. I'm not sure it matters that much which sides Lang & Bulaga play on.

I hear ya, HH.

This time, the conjecture is getting heavy.

Sherrod probably won't be ready. Datko will be lucky to make the PS. We'll have to dig up a pair of tackles, ya know?

Harlan Huckleby
08-07-2012, 08:39 PM
Ya, when you have depth problems at tackle for Family Night it doesn't bode well.

I'm disheartened that Sherrod is unable to practice at all. I know it's not totally unexpected, but it's a problem for his development. I'm having images of Mike Neal and Clifton, where they come off serious injuries, take up a roster spot, and never quite get up to speed. I'd rather see Sherrod go on IR than endure another merry-go-round season.

Joemailman
08-07-2012, 10:06 PM
Ya, when you have depth problems at tackle for Family Night it doesn't bode well.

I'm disheartened that Sherrod is unable to practice at all. I know it's not totally unexpected, but it's a problem for his development. I'm having images of Mike Neal and Clifton, where they come off serious injuries, take up a roster spot, and never quite get up to speed. I'd rather see Sherrod go on IR than endure another merry-go-round season.

The difference though is that if necessary Sherrod can be put on PUP for the first 6 weeks of the season instead of taking up a roster spot. I still think there's a good chance he can contribute this season.

Deputy Nutz
08-07-2012, 10:17 PM
Sherrod had a bad break in his league, someone compared it to Mike Flanagan's, and it took him a year and a half to recover from it. Sherrod will be lucky to play in 2012.

I liked Brandon Saine last year, he is big, fast, can block, and can catch a little bit. It was a good fined by Thompson. I think he has more potential than Starks. Green is still being held back by the medical staff, so it will take him a while before he can get enough reps to compete for solid playing time.

Upnorth
08-08-2012, 10:50 AM
I don't want Sherrod to be pushed. If he can't pratice I have doubt that he could have confidence in the leg until near the end of the season at best. If that is true, best to IR him. Who can step in is the real question. We would be asking a lot of Datko, and I doubt EDS has the foot work to slid to tackle. I remember Lang was a complete disaster when he took a rotation at tackle a couple years ago (and I maybe making up his even being there in my memory).