PDA

View Full Version : TJ Duckett?

]{ilr]3
08-19-2006, 09:55 AM
With the trade rumors about Duckett flying around and other teams not being named does it not make sense that the Packers could be interested as well? Reading from pre-season reports and comments from GB's RB's as hard as it is for the O-line to pick up the scheme its even harder for the RB's. Wouldnt it make sense to pick up someone who knows the scheme and how and when to make the "Cut threw the line" in this zone blocking and cut blocking offensive line system?

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-19-2006, 10:07 AM
We were talking about this a couple days ago. Please share your point of view.....

http://packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?t=2679

]{ilr]3
08-19-2006, 10:13 AM
Thanks for the link, I will be there! :D

Mods feel free to delete this thread :wink:

woodbuck27
08-20-2006, 12:37 AM
RUSHING Falcons at Packers #2 preseason game (2006)

................ ATT....YDS... TD... LG
T.J. Duckett .5...... 37..... 0.... 23

woodbuck27
08-20-2006, 02:10 AM
Duckett a bright spot in defeat
Fullback, first-team offense shine as defense flounders

By STEVE WYCHE
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Published on: 08/20/06

Green Bay, Wis. — In his rare opportunity to be the Falcons' featured tailback, T.J. Duckett ran well enough to possibly generate even more interest in his services — maybe by his own team.

However, shortcomings in areas already of concern during Saturday's 38-10 exhibition loss at Green Bay could prompt the Falcons to pull the trigger on a trade of Duckett to try to find a remedy. Coach Jim Mora wants help and wants it now, especially in reserve roles at wide receiver and safety.

"We've got 11 starters on each side and a good kicker," Mora said. "Now we've got to develop some depth. We're deficient there."

Trade interest in Duckett, the 2002 first-round pick who got the start because the Falcons wanted to rest Pro Bowl starter Warrick Dunn — and possibly showcase Duckett — has swirled recently.

At least four teams, according to two people with knowledge of the situation, have contacted the Falcons about Duckett's availability. The New York Jets are one of those teams.

Duckett gained 37 yards on five carries against Green Bay, with a 23-yard burst that proved he's more than just a short-yardage back. His second consecutive strong outing — he had 59 yards on 10 carries in a victory last week against New England — may have added to his appeal and raised the ante for compensation in a trade.

It also could have made the Falcons think harder about retaining Duckett, something Mora seemed very much in favor of after Saturday's game.

Rookie Jerious Norwood, who would move into the backup role if Duckett were traded, managed just 19 yards on eight carries and six yards on one catch.

"If you look at Norwood's performance tonight — we were all gung ho, people were gung ho about Norwood and I cautioned everybody to let's see it twice — frankly he didn't show up tonight," Mora said. "This is a kid that's got a long, long, long ways to go. One game does not make you and NFL player. It doesn't make you a pro. It doesn't mean you made the team."

Said Duckett: "I'm just playing football the same way I've been doing it my whole life. In college they never talk about trading you. In high school they don't talk about trading you. So you just go and play your game and don't worry about nothing else. You can't. You don't have control over it and do what you can do."

Veteran wide receiver Jerome Pathon, currently listed as third on the depth chart, failed to catch a late second-quarter pass from Matt Schaub and Green Bay cornerback Jason Horton returned it 44 yards for a touchdown to give the Packers a 17-10 lead. The pass was a shade behind Pathon, but it was a ball that a player fighting to establish himself could have, and maybe should have, made.

Whether that play in particular triggered doubt is unknown, but Mora said competition has been reopened for the vital No. 3 wideout job and indicated the team could go outside of the roster to fill the role.

"We don't have a number three receiver," Mora said, pointedly.

Added quarterback Michael Vick (5 of 7, 59 yards, 1 TD, 1 interception): "We will find one by the time preseason is over with."

Jets veteran wideout Justin McCareins has been mentioned in trade talks concerning Duckett. The Falcons also could tap the free-agent market, where talent isn't very deep.

Mora said he was pleased with the improved play of his starters on both sides of the ball — especially the defense against the run — but he said he saw a number of younger players freeze under the mystique of Lambeau Field and quarterback Brett Favre (16-22, 134 yards, two touchdowns).

He was particularly disgusted with the play of the backup safeties and basically said a new group of challengers could be brought in this week to replace those not up to the task.

"It was good to see those down-the-line guys get in there and react and they didn't react very well," Mora said.

"It's good to find out now. You want to find those things out. You like guys that can handle those types of elements and those are the guys you want on your team. Guys that can't, you don't want them on your team. That's the hard cold facts of NFL football."

the_idle_threat
08-20-2006, 02:41 AM
Mora said competition has been reopened for the vital No. 3 wideout job and indicated the team could go outside of the roster to fill the role.

"We don't have a number three receiver," Mora said, pointedly.

:idea: :idea: :idea: Trade Fergie for Duckett!

Jimx29
08-20-2006, 02:44 AM
Nuh-uh

Laundry pooper for Duckett

*nodsnods*

the_idle_threat
08-20-2006, 04:50 AM
Nuh-uh

Laundry pooper for Duckett

*nodsnods*

I would do that in a heartbeat, except I doubt they would want Lord Crapulous given he is simply a lesser version of Duckett. I think they might actually go for Fergie.

]{ilr]3
08-20-2006, 08:38 AM
I dont think we should trade away Fergy. Last year still lingers in my mind with all the WR injuries. He looked good last night, although it seems he always looks good in the pre-season and then struggles in the regular. I dont want to be left grasping for air like last year with an empty stable of WR's.

I doubt very much TT will trade a draft pic for him. He loves those things to much :razz:

woodbuck27
08-20-2006, 09:46 AM
Maybe trade RB Najeh Davenport and WR Boerigter for T.J. Duckett.

or

Offer one of OUR 2nd depth DT's or DE's after assessing:

DE Montez Murphy and Jason Hunter and DT Jerome Nichols. . .

and one/two of WR's - after assessing Marc Boerigter, Calvin Russel, Crris Francies and Chad Lucas.

Why just cut players, if they can be worked into a trade scenario?

T.J. Duckett just need's a new home. We are not sure of Samkon Gado at this time, and Duckett is a very decent RB. He's money when were in tight (within 5 yards of the goal line, and need a run to score.

GO PACKERS ! HOLD FAITH FOR 2006 !!

digitaldean
08-20-2006, 08:16 PM
[quote="woodbuck27"]Maybe trade RB Najeh Davenport and WR Boerigter for T.J. Duckett.

T.J. Duckett just need's a new home. We are not sure of Samkon Gado at this time, and Duckett is a very decent RB. He's money when were in tight (within 5 yards of the goal line, and need a run to score.

I would trade Davenport for Duckett, even if you have to throw in Boerigter. Neither Davenport or Boerigter have been impressive. With Hendu hurt, getting Duckett makes perfect sense.

He may not be the best answer, but he would be an improvement.

pack4to84
08-20-2006, 08:22 PM
Trade Fergie for Duckett! I think adding Davenport to this could get us Duckett and a 6th round pick if Davenport make the team.