PDA

View Full Version : Packers Sign G/T Reggie Wells

Joemailman
08-09-2012, 09:56 AM
http://espnmadison.com/page.php?page_id=278

He's played mostly for the Cardinals. Started 91 games, 79 at LG, 10 at RT and 2 at LT.

Harlan Huckleby
08-09-2012, 10:10 AM
Scott's little brother? Sounds like a great move, and none too soon.

HarveyWallbangers
08-09-2012, 10:25 AM
Scott's little brother? Sounds like a great move, and none too soon.

Brother from another mother, apparently.

rbaloha1
08-09-2012, 11:34 AM
Great pick-up. Bruce Wilkerson please.

run pMc
08-09-2012, 12:15 PM
So do they plug him in at LT, or at LG and swing Lang out to LT? I don't think anyone wants to move Bulaga.

hoosier
08-09-2012, 12:36 PM
So do they plug him in at LT, or at LG and swing Lang out to LT? I don't think anyone wants to move Bulaga.

Let's hope neither. He won't play tonight, and if Taylor holds up Wells could be second team LT and play some LG if needed until Newhouse is ready to go.

Brandon494
08-09-2012, 02:27 PM
I was reading about this pickup last night, don't know much about Wells but I like the move. He has starting experience and can play multiple positions on the O-line.

Bretsky
08-09-2012, 09:46 PM
another solid move by TT

Harlan Huckleby
08-12-2012, 12:16 PM
Jason Wilde reports on Mark Chmura's radio show that Chad Clifton is getting a try-out with the Patriots.

KYPack
08-12-2012, 12:34 PM
Jason Wilde reports on Mark Chmura's radio show that Chad Clifton is getting a try-out with the Patriots.

So is Plaxico Burress.

Maybe they'll play on BB's "spy" team.

pbmax
08-12-2012, 12:52 PM
Datko started at LT, but he Taylor and Wells all got snaps in live drills at LT with the number 1s.

rbaloha1
08-12-2012, 03:15 PM
Datko is starting to step-up. Maybe another Tauscher.

Harlan Huckleby
08-12-2012, 04:51 PM
So is Plaxico Burress.

Maybe they'll play on BB's "spy" team.
I wonder if I heard Jason Wilde wrong. Wilde said something about the Boston Globe, but I don't see any mention of Clifton. Greg Bedard, ex-packer writer for journal, is the NFL beat writer for the Globe. Maybe Bedard said something to Wilde.

edit: OK, it's on the web now, where everything you read is true.
http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/blitz/index.php/2012/08/12/patriots-have-shown-interest-in-chad-clifton/

Joemailman
08-12-2012, 05:01 PM

I wonder if I heard Jason Wilde wrong. Wilde said something about the Boston Globe, but I don't see any mention of Clifton. Greg Bedard, ex-packer writer for journal, is the NFL beat writer for the Globe. Maybe Bedard said something to Wilde.

edit: OK, it's on the web now, where everything you read is true.
http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/blitz/index.php/2012/08/12/patriots-have-shown-interest-in-chad-clifton/

Actually, according to the report, there are no set plans for a workout:

The Pats have shown interest in Chad Clifton, who spent the last 12 seasons with the Packers, according to a source. There are no set plans for a workout, but something could still happen later.

Rutnstrut
08-12-2012, 10:24 PM
another solid move by TT

A little premature on the praise aren't you?

swede
08-13-2012, 12:30 AM
another solid move by TT

It's the Bran Buds.

George Cumby
08-13-2012, 02:26 AM

Not a good sign for the Pats. I like CC and all, but he looked done at the end of last season.

packrulz
08-13-2012, 04:59 AM
Meanwhile, for the first time publicly, McCarthy acknowledged that would-be No. 3 tackle Derek Sherrod may not be cleared for practice before the end of training camp. That might mean he starts the season on the physically unable to perform list.

“(Sherrod) is going to be challenged to be back before the end of training camp, but then every week you hear and see how well they’re doing and you talk to the players,” McCarthy said. “That’s why – I don’t really get the opportunity to say, ‘He can be back two to six weeks,’ but sometimes that’s the way this medical thing goes. There’s a gray area when these guys are coming back off these long-term injuries.”

Harlan Huckleby
08-13-2012, 09:45 AM
Meanwhile, for the first time publicly, McCarthy acknowledged that would-be No. 3 tackle Derek Sherrod may not be cleared for practice before the end of training camp. That might mean he starts the season on the physically unable to perform list.
Put him on IR. What position would they be able to play him at when he comes back off PUP? I'm very dissappointed that Sherrod couldn't make it back, he is a player who desperately needed a training camp to get his footing.

MadScientist
08-13-2012, 10:53 AM
Put him on IR. What position would they be able to play him at when he comes back off PUP? I'm very dissappointed that Sherrod couldn't make it back, he is a player who desperately needed a training camp to get his footing.

There's no negative in putting him on the PUP. Given how thin they are at tackle, having Sherrod come back mid-season would be a good thing, if he can play. And who knows what injuries they will have between now and then. They can always stick him on IR after 9 weeks on the PUP if they want.

Harlan Huckleby
08-13-2012, 01:57 PM
They can always stick him on IR after 9 weeks on the PUP if they want.
That's true. Guess my desire to IR him is to make a clean break, since the only position he is suited for is LT, and he will be too rusty to put in such a critical spot.
Sadly, he may yet be the best option they have. I hope not.

smuggler
08-13-2012, 02:55 PM
They *do* still practice during the season, you know. I suspect if his recover goes to far into the regular season, they'll IR him. He does have 2 weeks to practice without taking a roster spot before we have to make a decision. I suspect he'll be getting back into the swing of things around week 10.

red
08-13-2012, 06:57 PM
stood next to this guy at practise today

huge, i mean scary huge