PDA

View Full Version : Jennings #2

Packnut
08-19-2006, 10:39 AM
We all get our wish with Jennings moved up to the 2 spot over Fergy. I think Fergy now becomes our # 3 guy which is a much better role for him. I can't wait to see how Jennings responds tonight.

Packnut
08-19-2006, 10:40 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/playerFantasyNews?statsId=7801

Fosco33
08-19-2006, 10:46 AM
Nice. Does that mean they'll try Fergy in kickoff coverage/returns? Or will he just be a part-time player?

Packnut
08-19-2006, 10:48 AM
Nice. Does that mean they'll try Fergy in kickoff coverage/returns? Or will he just be a part-time player?

I think he just becomes a part time player.

red
08-19-2006, 10:52 AM
good news

alright rookie, time to show the world what you can do

mission
08-19-2006, 10:54 AM
good news

alright rookie, time to show the world what you can do

exactly what i was going to post.

now's your time to shine buddy. let's see it!

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-19-2006, 10:57 AM
I hope Jennings can step up a play good this season and I think he will, but I don't it will matter whos number 2 or whos number 3 this season. I think its going to be like in 2003, when the WRs rotated and you counldn't tell who was starting.

Packnut
08-19-2006, 11:02 AM
I have a feeling Jennings is gonna play better than most of us expect from a rookie. Driver will get all the attention from the secondary, so Jennings will see single coverage. I sure hope he makes an impact tonight.

mission
08-19-2006, 11:04 AM
I have a feeling Jennings is gonna play better than most of us expect from a rookie. Driver will get all the attention from the secondary, so Jennings will see single coverage. I sure hope he makes an impact tonight.

The latest SI has Jennings as the most likely receiver to haul in 1000 yards this season. At least they're giving us *some* Packer love. Hell, I'd be super impressed if he managed 600-700 yards and 6+ TDs... we'll see though.

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-19-2006, 11:04 AM

I think he will, he just needs to hold on to the ball.

Packnut
08-19-2006, 11:05 AM

The latest SI has Jennings as the most likely receiver to haul in 1000 yards this season. At least they're giving us *some* Packer love. Hell, I'd be super impressed if he managed 600-700 yards and 6+ TDs... we'll see though.

That works for me!

mission
08-19-2006, 11:07 AM
err...

I should have said "most likely ROOKIE receiver" obviously :lol:

]{ilr]3
08-19-2006, 11:11 AM
Did I miss something, did Gardner get hurt? I think Gardner will be #2 over Fergy and Jennings will get the #3 spot.

Packnut
08-19-2006, 11:13 AM
{ilr]3]Did I miss something, did Gardner get hurt? I think Gardner will be #2 over Fergy and Jennings will get the #3 spot.

Right now Jennings is #2 and I can't see that changing unless he gets the drops again tonight. That does leave gardner and fergy to battle for #3 for now.

RashanGary
08-19-2006, 01:27 PM
This is a huge step forward. Fergi is one of the hardest workers in camp and while he's a complete dud on the field, it's hard to pull a guy out who has an A1 body and a great attidude. This coaching staff, maybe a little encouraged by TT just showed that they are capable of making the tough decision and take a try hard vet out of the line up..

I gaurantee you Jennings drop was a fluke. He never commented on it or anything like that but I am certain he was just trying to think too far ahead. He won't do that very often. It was his 1st or 2nd play in an NFL game. He's the #2. Next year, it wouldn't surprise me if he was more productive, explosive and effective than Driver. I watched Jennings almost exclusively for 6 or 7 OTA's/TC's and I never saw him drop a ball. He's got great hands and when the game gets comfortable for him, he'll be lights out. Don't forget the kid can separate, run routes and jump too.

BF4MVP
08-19-2006, 01:56 PM
McCarthy has said from the beginning that he wants the receivers who will start will be the two best receivers on the team. Jennings has been the second-best receiver on this team to this point, without question. This move isn't a surprise. However, it is still early, and anything can happen. There are a lot of interesting battles going on.

Scott Campbell
08-19-2006, 02:11 PM
Chad who???

red
08-19-2006, 02:37 PM
{ilr]3]Did I miss something, did Gardner get hurt? I think Gardner will be #2 over Fergy and Jennings will get the #3 spot.

gardner hasn't done squat since he's been with green bay. he absolutely hasn't shown anything that should even come close to making the coaches think he should be our #2

4and12to12and4
08-19-2006, 02:41 PM

gardner hasn't done squat since he's been with green bay. he absolutely hasn't shown anything that should even come close to making the coaches think he should be our #2

You must have missed that great diving catch at the 2 yard line against the Chargers when AR was scrambling for his life.

red
08-19-2006, 02:50 PM

You must have missed that great diving catch at the 2 yard line against the Chargers when AR was scrambling for his life.

so we're making him our #2 because of 1 play now?

ok, he's done squat + 1 nice catch in a pre season - quite a few drops= less then squat

4and12to12and4
08-19-2006, 02:58 PM
I'm just saying that it's too early to way that Gardner won't be a good #2. Driver only had a couple of catches in the SD game, should we drop him to #3? Gardner and Jennings had the two best catches in last weeks game. Third goes to Fergy. Gardner and Fergy didn't get very many opportunities. And I watched the game enough to know that there were a few there for them, the ball just always seemed to be going a different direction. I don't understand how Fergy and Gardner keep getting blamed when our QB's ignore them. By the way, don't you think that the coaching staff should be putting in specific plays to go to these two guys, so we can know what we have in them? And they aren't because I watched both Favre and Rodgers to see if they looked their way as a first option, and they weren't doing that.

red
08-19-2006, 03:07 PM
i think the problem is that when the QB does throw the ball to one of those 2 they seem to have a nack for dropping the ball, or somehow getting it into the hands of the other teams

when that happens the qb looses faith in that WR

when the qb looses faith in the wr he doesn't look to throw the ball to him

and when that happens you have a qb with one wr on the field that he trusts, so on 3rd and long the d knows exactly where the qb is going with the ball. thats why its important to find a #2 that the qb likes and trusts.

and at this point favre seems to trust jennings more then anyone but driver

mission
08-19-2006, 03:35 PM
i think the problem is that when the QB does throw the ball to one of those 2 they seem to have a nack for dropping the ball, or somehow getting it into the hands of the other teams

and when that happens you have a qb with one wr on the field that he trusts, so on 3rd and long the d knows exactly where the qb is going with the ball. thats why its important to find a #2 that the qb likes and trusts.

very good point!

in addition to that, i think it's fair to say that some receivers just have a knack for getting open. physical attributes aside, guys like jennings and driver work their ass off (in the off season too) to find open space on the field and create seperation.

i had a receiver who was #3 that i would never look to. he'd make a spectacular catch (third read, desperation) and drop an easy one. shit, sometimes i would just throw ducks up to my #1 and he'd make me look good. can't blame brett for looking the other way... who wouldnt? :)

woodbuck27
08-19-2006, 03:42 PM

Yes.

I'm still seeing Robert Ferguson at #2 WR on "the Official Packers.Com" - Depth Chart.

It reads:

#1 and #2 WR's as DD and R.F. (First Team)

$3 and #4 as Rod Gardner and Greg Jennings. (Second Team)

Cory Rodgers (4) and Marc Boerigter (4)

Ruvell Martin and Chris Francies (Third Team)

Chad Lucas (5) and Calvin Russell (5)

I missed where it's published that Greg Jennings has been promoted to #2 WR. ??

OK now I see it in your second post Packnut.

News:

Packers rookie WR Greg Jennings has apparently earned a starting job.

Impact: Jennings will start Saturday night's preseason game over a healthy Robert Ferguson.

He's probably not someone ** to draft yet, but Jennings is explosive enough to watch for the right matchup. Green Bay's protection problems could pose major obstacles for their passing game. (Sat. Aug 19, 2006)

** Fantasy Football

GO PACKERS ! HOLD FAITH FOR 2006 !!

MadtownPacker
08-19-2006, 03:49 PM
At this point who cares who the #2 is as long as he isnt playing like #2 (toilet version).

Starting a rook isnt good for now but will pay off in the long run.

Long live TT!!!! Keeper of the roster!!!

BF4MVP
08-19-2006, 03:53 PM
At this point who cares who the #2 is as long as he isnt playing like #2 (toilet version).

LMAO thanks for clarifying, Mad :lol:

Packnut
08-19-2006, 04:05 PM
Favre lost all confidence in Fergy last season. He'd rather throw into triple coverage to Driver, because at least Driver would make a play on the ball. With Fergy, if it was'nt thrown right into his hands, it was'nt gonna be caught.

It's clear by now, Fergy is nothing more than a #3. Those of you who think he's a 2 are looking at him with blinders on. I just don't see some kind of magical awakening where all of a sudden he becomes what we all thought he would be.

red
08-19-2006, 10:25 PM
what the hell happened??????????

fergy got the start

but jennings might have locked the #2 tonight. he took a massive shot right off the bat over the middle and gets right back up and keeps right on running his routes over the middle. fearless

gotta love it

Kiwon
08-20-2006, 12:03 AM
For all the talk of TT and MM wanting bigger receivers I'm glad to see 5-11, 197 pd. Jennings do well. Speed is speed. Skill is skill. You simply can't pre-packaged talent. It comes in all sizes and shapes.

Tarlam!
08-20-2006, 01:14 AM
what the hell happened??????????

fergy got the start

gotta love it

It's called man-management! M3 is showing he has knack for it.

He is starting vets, challenging rooks to take their jobs. It is how you show respect and get competition at the same time....