PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts on the first preseason game

Tony Oday
08-10-2012, 08:45 AM
Only watched the first half

Offense:

We do not have an NFL RB on the roster. We have products of a great passing game.
Newhouse better be back or AR will be killed and TT will be arrested on attempted murder by negligence.
CATCH THE DAMN BALL
Harrel is a third string QB
Fumbling is not an option in this offense

Overall bad performance by the offense.

Defense:
We have rookies in the secondary so we will see awesome plays and GOOD GAWD WHAT THE F WAS THAT plays.
House is AL Harris in disguise
Bishop going out does not hurt us that bad
Hawk made a play
I saw Muir around some plays
Nick Perry fun!

Played with a short field and that sucked but not terrible. Gates shows we have trouble with elite TEs but again Dom does not shine in the preseason.

Short takes for sure but damn was I not happy!

pbmax
08-10-2012, 09:16 AM
Did hear Hawk had fumble recovery, but who caused it?

Worried about fumbling, but if we know anything about M3, he should be able to "get that fixed"(tm).

Losing Bishop hurts, he is a physical presence on a team that is not overly physical. Why is it that the players you want to be dinged up are the ones who are iron men?

Smidgeon
08-10-2012, 11:05 AM
Did hear Hawk had fumble recovery, but who caused it?

Worried about fumbling, but if we know anything about M3, he should be able to "get that fixed"(tm).

Losing Bishop hurts, he is a physical presence on a team that is not overly physical. Why is it that the players you want to be dinged up are the ones who are iron men?

I thought that was M2. :S

KYPack
08-10-2012, 11:58 AM
I thought that was M2. :S

He's M3 (Mike H, Mike S Mike M)

He's MM2, to avoid confusion with Mike McKenzie

We can eliminate both of these nicknames due to age and just go with McStub if ya want.

smuggler
08-10-2012, 12:26 PM
I just call him Pigfucker from that interview with the reporter when he was with the 49ers where he freaked out and started screaming at the guy and called him a Pigfucker.

pbmax
08-10-2012, 01:12 PM
I just call him Pigfucker from that interview with the reporter when he was with the 49ers where he freaked out and started screaming at the guy and called him a Pigfucker.

Whoa whoa whoa. Who was this?

denverYooper
08-10-2012, 01:27 PM
Say it, say "Car Ramrod"

Freak Out
08-10-2012, 01:29 PM
Pigfucker?

Smidgeon
08-10-2012, 01:52 PM
He's M3 (Mike H, Mike S Mike M)

He's MM2, to avoid confusion with Mike McKenzie

We can eliminate both of these nicknames due to age and just go with McStub if ya want.

No. What I was saying is that I thought the toolbelt-toting "We'll get that fixed"-quoting coach was Mike Sherman.

KYPack
08-10-2012, 02:02 PM
No. What I was saying is that I thought the toolbelt-toting "We'll get that fixed"-quoting coach was Mike Sherman.

Then you are right.

Shermy was M2.

Mike "I'm an OK coach but don't let me near the front office cuz I'll fuck up the team" Holmgren was M1

hoosier
08-10-2012, 02:11 PM

That must have slipped under the Wisconsin press's radar screen. Do you have a link?

Smidgeon
08-10-2012, 03:59 PM
Then you are right.

Shermy was M2.

Mike "I'm an OK coach but don't let me near the front office cuz I'll fuck up the team" Holmgren was M1

If it wasn't for R^2, we'd have twenty years of "M"s. Looks like there's a pretty important criteria for coaching the Packers successfully: Is your first name "Mike"?

King Friday
08-10-2012, 07:15 PM
I love the start to this season. We peaked WAY too early last year...as in September. Better to start off like a Model T and finish like a Corvette.

Rutnstrut
08-10-2012, 09:14 PM
According to most of the experts here, we don't need a running game so no worries there.

RashanGary
08-10-2012, 09:33 PM
Nick Perry showed he can both get the edge, and bull rush the shit out of a guy. He may have a hole or two in his game, but he's going to get after the QB. I'd bet on it. That OT he was facing was a solid NFL OT. He's going to do that game in and game out.

Davon House looks like a hell of a cover guy. Williams, House, Shields and Hayward are a really good CB foursome.

With Worthy already showing up, Neal being talked about as having a great camp and some of the other depth we have inside. . . . we look to be much improved on the DL. Then you throw in Perry, who quite frankly, looks like he could be a beast (of course, our potential all-pro RT has kept him quite in camp.) Then throw in our new secondary depth (House/Hayward.)

Our pass defense is going to be a hell of a lot better.

Iron Mike
08-11-2012, 02:36 AM
Say it, say "Car Ramrod"

http://i38.tinypic.com/25h1f1f.jpg