PDA

View Full Version : Why is Plaxico unemployed?

Guiness
08-10-2012, 08:02 PM
Anyone got some insight why this guy is still on the streets?

TO, Moss and Chad Whathisname all signed - why not him? I know he's a step below them, but he sure looked like an NFL receiver last year. Not fast, but strong - like he'd always been. He also kept his mouth pretty shut.

imscott72
08-10-2012, 08:14 PM
He wants a king's ransom..

Bretsky
08-10-2012, 10:23 PM
My insiders tell me he'll sign with Dallas within a week...lol

It's a young man's league now. He's unsigned for the same reason C Benson was. Everybody first wants to try to find the young guy with upside over the old vet with little upside

MadtownPacker
08-11-2012, 12:46 AM
As for the Pack, M3 probably was worried Plax would hurt himself when the team went skeet shooting.

pbmax
08-11-2012, 08:09 AM
He is hoping that teams will forgive him for not taking in a full camp and that he'll get an attractive offer from someone desperate after an injury or incompetence.

King Friday
08-11-2012, 11:44 AM
Plax was really just a one-trick pony before his issues, and now he's older and has a lot of rust. He's basically a red zone threat that offers no upside, and NFL teams also are growing increasingly wary of signing an aging guy like Burress prior to the start of the year. They would rather sign them after week 1, when their paycheck is only week-to-week and they can be dumped back on the scrap heap without future monetary commitment.

Brandon494
08-11-2012, 01:18 PM
I was reading an article about him reigning with the Steelers earlier in the week, just it was just a rumor. I don't see why the Giant wouldnt want to resign him to a 1 year deal with Nick being injured to begin the season and losing Mario Manningham in free agency.

NewsBruin
08-11-2012, 10:47 PM
I add a second to the "he'll get tried out and signed after Week 1" opinion. Vested veterans come in on the Monday train.

(That doesn't explain the Benson signing, so I'll just bow out now.)