PDA

View Full Version : Deep Thoughts

Deputy Nutz
08-17-2012, 02:43 PM
Fuck you Packer Fan!!! Your team is 0-2 in the Preseason. Can it get any worse for you jerks???

Relax on all accounts I only kid. Depth is going to be this teams problem on offense. The Packers have a pretty good offense, but the backups on the offensive line should put the fear of god into all you Packer fans because I was not impressed with the 2nd string offensive line, or anything on the second string offense. True the Browns kept their starters in a bit longer.

Graham Harrell has a lot to prove in the next two games, he didn't make a great impression against the Browns, he didn't have a lot in front of him but he missed some throws and his accuracy was pretty sloppy, even on completions. He threw a couple of nice slants but that was about it. He didn't have Gurley, or Borrell this week, but he still didn't produce. He was the victim of some sloppy play by his offensive line and his receivers.

Andrew Datko, He is going to be a pretty good left tackle in years to come. His build is slight, and he needs to get stronger in the running game, but he has good feet and he looked really good pass blocking. I think he makes this team and is the backup at left tackle until Sherrod comes back.

This team is going to have to learn how to run block. Injuries are fault right now, but this team was horrible running the football from the first snap to the last.

Defensively I would be questioning the play of BJ Raji. He got driven off the ball 7 yards on a 3rd and short running play, and continues to stand straight up to get his eyes in the backfield instead of using the proper technique, holding his responsibilities and then making plays.

Also on the defensive side of the ball, I really like the combination of Smith and Hawk. Hawk missed one tackle yesterday, but he looks like a different player, not a remarkably different player but at least he is reacting a little faster and tackling better. He also looked better in coverage. The key to better inside linebacker player is better defensive line play, especially this season when the Packers are going to rely on an undersized Smith to make plays. Smith is more than capable in making big plays, he reacts extremely well, and he is very quick to the ball. Hawk can't catch herpes in a whore house.

McMillan is a beast of a hitter, and should be in line to play on short yardage as an in the box safety. Great things should be in store for this kid. Love how he hits.

I might be crazy but I think I will buy into some Bush this year. I don't like him on the outside, but I like him around the line of scrimmage, he reminds me of a poor man's Woodson.

Having a healthy Tramon Williams will help this team tremendously.

Harrell is a big question mark, again it shouldn't be that big of a deal because if Rodgers goes down the Packers wouldn't win the Super Bowl anyways. If Rodgers went down for a month, the Packers don't have the pieces in the running game to support a back up quarterback for more than a week or two anyways.

I don't know guys and girl, but this team has some issues. There still my pick for the Super Bowl coming out of the NFC, but next week I would like to see a little more consistency on offense, Newhouse did a nice job, hopefully he keeps his melon protected from here on out.

HarveyWallbangers
08-17-2012, 03:03 PM
I'm not too worried about the backup OL because most teams carry 8-9 OL and I think our backups inside (Wells, Dietrich-Smith) are fine. We can move some parts around if an OT goes down. It would help if Sherrod were healthy and showed improvement. I'm worried about Harrell though.

Cheesehead Craig
08-17-2012, 04:09 PM
Told ya we should have drafted Russell Wilson!

gbpackfan
08-17-2012, 04:16 PM
He did have Gurley. His arm is a wet noodle. Everyone needs to stop making excuses for him, including MM. He is not an NFL QB. We need to move on from him.

Zool
08-17-2012, 04:25 PM
He doesnt look good. I know this is a stretch, but Rodgers looked awful in his first 2 seasons during the pre-season. I am in no way saying Harrell will make that jump, but maybe he'll go from shitty to not shitty.

Doug Pederson cames to mind. He didnt exactly light it up when he came in, but what do you expect from your backup QB?

MadScientist
08-17-2012, 04:31 PM
but what do you expect from your backup QB?

31 of 44 passes for 480 yards and six touchdowns.

Zool
08-17-2012, 04:46 PM
31 of 44 passes for 480 yards and six touchdowns.

He did raise the bar a touch.

BobDobbs
08-17-2012, 04:52 PM
McMillan is a beast of a hitter, and should be in line to play on short yardage as an in the box safety. Great things should be in store for this kid. Love how he hits.

I might be crazy but I think I will buy into some Bush this year. I don't like him on the outside, but I like him around the line of scrimmage, he reminds me of a poor man's Woodson.

I'm liking McMillian too. He's going to be good. I also like Richardson, but not for this year unless he shows more.

Bush as the other inside in the dime works just fine. He had a couple of great tackles. But if you take away Woodson's awareness of the ball, anticipation, and ability to create turnovers I think Bush is really the homeless man's Woodson.

denverYooper
08-17-2012, 04:56 PM
He did have Gurley. His arm is a wet noodle. Everyone needs to stop making excuses for him, including MM. He is not an NFL QB. We need to move on from him.

Seemed like his biggest problem yesterday was with his feet. Multiple times he left his feet or didn't get them set. Also threw one across his body that looked horrible. He doesn't have the core that Rodgers does to still whip those awkward throws but not many do. If he goes into the season at backup and has to play at any point, I'd be more worried about his head than his arm. He just seemed a bit panicky at times and that resulted in loopy throws.

Nutz is dead on, though--if Rodgers goes out for more than 2 games you might as well kiss the Superbowl goodbye. There is no one they could realistically sign right now who could step in and take the team to the dance. Their gameplan revolves around Rodgers and his knowledge of M3's philosophy and playbook. The two go together as virtuoso to composer.

The most worrisome part about this team to me is the unknown of the defense. Can they field at least a mediocre performance this year? Can they get off the field on 3rd down?

denverYooper
08-17-2012, 05:00 PM
I'm liking McMillian too. He's going to be good. I also like Richardson, but not for this year unless he shows more.

Bush as the other inside in the dime works just fine. He had a couple of great tackles. But if you take away Woodson's awareness of the ball, anticipation, and ability to create turnovers I think Bush is really the homeless man's Woodson.

:laugh:

So he's like a handle of 5 o'clock?

Deputy Nutz
08-17-2012, 05:14 PM
I know it is preseason but if Dom Capers expects to get off the field on 3rd down this year he is going to actually have to create a pass rush and doing it with 2 or 3 rushers isn't going to work in today's game. If you can't get home in the 3-4 defense blitzing, than it is worthless defense.

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-17-2012, 05:16 PM
I completely agree about Raji. I noticed him being taken for a ride once the ball was snapped as well. Along with getting Williams healthy, Raji needs to play like he did at the end of 2010 or the D is in serious trouble. Not impressed with him at all. Otherwise, the STARTING defense hasn't played to bad thus far this preseason. Getting House back will help a lot as well.

hoosier
08-17-2012, 07:07 PM
Told ya we should have drafted Russell Wilson!

Unfortunately they would have had to take him in the late 2nd round. Can you imagine what people would be saying about TT if he had done that?!? :-)

rbaloha1
08-17-2012, 08:50 PM
Unfortunately they would have had to take him in the late 2nd round. Can you imagine what people would be saying about TT if he had done that?!? :-)

Great pick.

mission
08-17-2012, 09:33 PM
Great pick.

So who would you trade for him? Worthy or Heyward.

rbaloha1
08-17-2012, 09:56 PM
So who would you trade for him? Worthy or Heyward.

Heyward

Joemailman
08-17-2012, 10:47 PM
I'd take Worthy or Hayward over a backup QB. I'll put my money on Rodgers staying healthy. Even if the Packers lose a couple of games with Rodgers out, they can probably win enough games to make the playoffs. When they get there, they'll need a defense that can hold down the NFC's powerful offenses.

Pugger
08-18-2012, 06:58 AM
He doesnt look good. I know this is a stretch, but Rodgers looked awful in his first 2 seasons during the pre-season. I am in no way saying Harrell will make that jump, but maybe he'll go from shitty to not shitty.

Doug Pederson cames to mind. He didnt exactly light it up when he came in, but what do you expect from your backup QB?

There just aren't too many Doug Pedersons around. :-\

Pugger
08-18-2012, 06:59 AM
Seemed like his biggest problem yesterday was with his feet. Multiple times he left his feet or didn't get them set. Also threw one across his body that looked horrible. He doesn't have the core that Rodgers does to still whip those awkward throws but not many do. If he goes into the season at backup and has to play at any point, I'd be more worried about his head than his arm. He just seemed a bit panicky at times and that resulted in loopy throws.

Nutz is dead on, though--if Rodgers goes out for more than 2 games you might as well kiss the Superbowl goodbye. There is no one they could realistically sign right now who could step in and take the team to the dance. Their gameplan revolves around Rodgers and his knowledge of M3's philosophy and playbook. The two go together as virtuoso to composer.

The most worrisome part about this team to me is the unknown of the defense. Can they field at least a mediocre performance this year? Can they get off the field on 3rd down?

Of course other teams with elite QBs can kiss their SB hopes good bye if they lose their QB too.

Pugger
08-18-2012, 07:01 AM
I'd take Worthy or Hayward over a backup QB. I'll put my money on Rodgers staying healthy. Even if the Packers lose a couple of games with Rodgers out, they can probably win enough games to make the playoffs. When they get there, they'll need a defense that can hold down the NFC's powerful offenses.

This.