PDA

View Full Version : We Will See Improvements Already

POLISHHAWK
08-19-2006, 01:16 PM
-Line is Going to Be a LITTLE more comfortable together. Remember this... It's not how talented each individual is on OL; It's how talented they are as a Group. Don't EXPECT TOO MUCH THIS EARLY. ALSO, DON'T WRITE THEM OFF THIS EARLY.
-Defense will look more impressive. Vanilla is pretty boring. Look for some caramel (AKA Hawk Blitzes) and peanuts (AKA Line Stunts) in this game.
-Running Game should be better. Look for line to have better game
-Receivers will have better timing with QB's

DON'T LET THE DOOM & GLOOM SET IN.. THERE ARE SOME VERY GOOD THINGS HAPPENING HERE. HARD WORK BY OUR BOYS WILL PAY OFF. I EXPECT THE SEASON TO GO WELL. TURNOVERS WILL BE DRAMATICALLY DECREASED. 9-7 SEASON. STRONG CHANCE AT BEATING OUT THE BEARS FOR DIVISION.

ahaha
08-19-2006, 01:22 PM
The hope for me is that the line shows improvement tonight. They don't have to be great, just have some good runs here and there, and not allow to much pressure. Then, hopefully, in the Cinncinnati game we see the real potential, when Ahman comes back.

4and12to12and4
08-19-2006, 01:37 PM
I agree with most of what you said, Polish, (that's a weird name), except the Hawk blitzing, I think we have a few guys on the defense that are better suited for that. It seems like we want to put Hawk in positions to shine so that we can say to Bears fans, HA HA - we've got a great white LB too!! Which brings up another point. We should all stop saying that he hasn't shown as much promise as Hodge because he is still behind in his "learning". I don't think that is why Hodge has "appeared" the tougher of the two. Hodge's position as MLB gives him more opportunity, and it may be possible that Hodge is simply a better LB against the run. Would that be so bad to admit? At least for now. By the way, Polish, that Hawk rant wasn't at you, as I began writing about him blitzing, I thought it a good time to add that thought, because it's been on my mind since Family Night, when I sat at Lambeau and watched Hodge blow plays up, and then after the game, Hawk was the LB that spoke to the crowd as we all (myself included) cheered our collective asses off, and on my way home I thought, "You know, Hodge is the guy who has shown all the great potential for being a run-stuffing, hard-hitting machine, and Hawk is already getting all the media spotlight, and is probably selling his jersey 10 to 1 over Hodge's. So ... I don't really know what the hell point I'm trying to make, I've just been wanting to get all that off my chest, my apologies. :mrgreen:

woodbuck27
08-19-2006, 01:45 PM
-Line is Going to Be a LITTLE more comfortable together. Remember this... It's not how talented each individual is on OL; It's how talented they are as a Group. Don't EXPECT TOO MUCH THIS EARLY. ALSO, DON'T WRITE THEM OFF THIS EARLY.
-Defense will look more impressive. Vanilla is pretty boring. Look for some caramel (AKA Hawk Blitzes) and peanuts (AKA Line Stunts) in this game.
-Running Game should be better. Look for line to have better game
-Receivers will have better timing with QB's

DON'T LET THE DOOM & GLOOM SET IN.. THERE ARE SOME VERY GOOD THINGS HAPPENING HERE. HARD WORK BY OUR BOYS WILL PAY OFF. I EXPECT THE SEASON TO GO WELL. TURNOVERS WILL BE DRAMATICALLY DECREASED. 9-7 SEASON. STRONG CHANCE AT BEATING OUT THE BEARS FOR DIVISION.

Thanks Packer fan, POLISHHAWK . :mrgreen:

GO PACKERS ! HOLD ONTO FAITH PACKER FANS !!

woodbuck27
08-19-2006, 01:49 PM
The hope for me is that the line shows improvement tonight. They don't have to be great, just have some good runs here and there, and not allow to much pressure. Then, hopefully, in the Cinncinnati game we see the real potential, when Ahman comes back.

My greatest hope.That we don't loose anyone to serious injury.

If the OL plays like it did last week (not al the young players fault), and the Offense isn't handling blocking assignments well at all. That HC Mike McCarthy spares Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers, and other real values to us on Offense - from unnecessary risk of injury.

That also goes for the Defense as well. McCarthy has to protect the players we really need to begin 2006. He can't coddle the team but to not exercise caution (ie in regard's to Favre), if he's taking punishment in that first half that were told he'll play. Is really BAD ! Yea Favre is wily but he doesn't have to prove anything tonight.

Neither does Mike McCarthy. Another game another mere assessment of where we are is all that is necessary. Next game, we see Ahman Green and we need him more than Favre to enable Favre's abilities.

We do need Favre.

GOOD LUCK TONIGHT PACKERS !!

flipnout91
08-19-2006, 02:03 PM
The line was not the only ones that caused preassure and gave up some sacks. Our backs need to pick up the blitz. A Green is good at this and so was Fisher, but with Fisher gone, the other backs need to pick up the blitz. The backs caused just as much pressure on our QB's as the line did.

woodbuck27
08-19-2006, 02:15 PM
The line was not the only ones that caused preassure and gave up some sacks. Our backs need to pick up the blitz. A Green is good at this and so was Fisher, but with Fisher gone, the other backs need to pick up the blitz. The backs caused just as much pressure on our QB's as the line did.

Certainly. The final analysis here this week, attested to just that.

The three young fellas in the middle of the OL ,can't be blamed for all the pressure on OUR QB, and the inability for us to generate a run Vs. "the Chargers".

The front line Vets. missed blocking assignments - had a poor game

It will be interesting to see how Clifton ,Tauscher and Henderson perform Vs "the Falcons". I havn't checked to see if Bubba Franks is playing tonight.

He's a solid blocker for us, or has been.

GO PACKERS ! FAITH FANS !!

Packers4Ever
08-19-2006, 02:45 PM

Certainly. The final analysis here this week, attested to just that.

The three young fellas in the middle of the OL ,can't be blamed for all the pressure on OUR QB, and the inability for us to generate a run Vs. "the Chargers".

The front line Vets. missed blocking assignments - had a poor game

It will be interesting to see how Clifton ,Tauscher and Henderson perform Vs "the Falcons". I havn't checked to see if Bubba Franks is playing tonight.

He's a solid blocker for us, or has been.

GO PACKERS ! FAITH FANS !!

Only 4 hours and 18 minutes til game time, from where I'm sitting.
Do fans of other NFL teams get as excited over a pre-season
game as Packers fans do ? GO PACK !

mmmdk
08-19-2006, 02:45 PM
I expect a really good game by the Packers; the home team in preseason has a huge advantage. Still, the Falcons defense know the zone blocking scheme and should be a test for the rusty Packer OL. I think the Packers WRs/TEs are up for a big night though, led by Favre & Rodgers - heck even Ingle Martin. Hmm...Ingle Martin, strangest name for a QB since Browning Nagle - both sound like punters. Mike Vick won't play much but #2 QB (Matt Schaub) is better than many NFL starters. Another big test for Packers D. Packers defense has to be at their best and I believe they will be. Falcons 24 - Packers 27. Yeah, 2 FGs by Rayner, one from 25 & one from 41 plus a 54 yarder wide right. Hehe, can anyone upload the game for the crazy Euro Packer fan? :mrgreen: