PDA

View Full Version : How Far Will I Go Not to Die

swede
08-17-2012, 07:16 PM
Six feet 244 pounds at my Blood Health Screening. Cholesterol 235.

I walked out and consulted the interweb. Plan of Action:

No bread.

No sweets.

No fast food.

Obviously no soda.

Five meals a day averaging 350 calories.

100 oz of water a day.

Walk the dogs every day.

Three workouts of thirty minutes every week keeping my heart rate over 120 as I mix up free weights and core work--whatever--just lift, plank, and step like a maniac.

When I get down to 215 I'll start to run again with a goal of finishing a 5K this summer.

Goal is 205 by next August 14th.

I'm not afraid of death. I am afraid of the firefighters calling me a fat fuck after they have to haul a gurney with my fat myocardially infarctioned ass down the front steps.

MJZiggy
08-17-2012, 08:13 PM

No bread.

No sweets.

No fast food.

Obviously no soda.

100 oz of water a day.

Walk the dogs every day.

Three workouts of thirty minutes every week keeping my heart rate over 120 as I mix up free weights and core work--whatever--just lift, plank, and step like a maniac.

When I get down to 215 I'll start to run again with a goal of finishing a 5K this summer.

I'm not afraid of death. I am afraid of the firefighters calling me a fat fuck after they have to haul a gurney with my fat myocardially infarctioned ass down the front steps.

http://toughmudder.com/

One of the guys at work dropped 41 lbs. just getting ready for that event. I'll be there on Sept. 8 to take pictures. I'm not a mudder, but I am looking for less tough ways to get myself moving.

swede
08-17-2012, 08:45 PM
Wow. That looks tough. And dirty. And scary.

I might have given you the wrong idea with all my talk about free weights.

Free weights:

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z236/dsteenswede44/ist2_4901242-two-pink-barbell.jpg

HowardRoark
08-17-2012, 08:47 PM
You should consult Partial. I always pictured you skinnier; good luck though, those kids need a dad.

swede
08-17-2012, 08:53 PM
You should consult Partial. I always pictured you skinnier; good luck though, those kids need a dad.

I'm pretty skinny from behind. From the side view it becomes obvious that I would suffer delays with the security guys at the Watermelon Depot.

It feels good to be at war with something besides crabgrass.

Freak Out
08-17-2012, 09:20 PM
Fruits and veggies all day baby. Lean meat every once in awhile. Vegan Boca burgers you bitch!

Deputy Nutz
08-17-2012, 10:37 PM
Well last December I tipped the scales at a robust 268 pounds, apparently the sky was the limit. I went to the doctor and their scale said 273 pounds, but I had my keys in my pocket and my shoes on. I thought, "Holy shit I am now the people I make fun of."

Well I joined a gym(see the thread I just created about getting arrested), I gave up fast food completely. I was slowly burning off the fat, but not as fast as I used to. Then I went wheat free at the beginning of July and now I lose about a half pound to a pound a day. It isn't easy, wheat is in a lot of shit. Think Gluten free and go one step beyond, and then avoid rice and potatoes as well. Starch free is livin. Truthfully my body has never felt better, all my stomach problems and aches and pains have gone away.

I work out between 4-6 times a week for 40 minutes of high intensity circuit training, boxing, kickboxing type stuff. It is really good for my torn up shoulders and it isn't boring.

I am currently down to 235 pounds, which may seem like a lot and it is, my goal is 220 and we will then see if 200 is in the cards, but I haven't weighed 200 pounds since my sophomore year of high school.

Good luck Swede, it is a bitch at first, but it gets better once the habits are broken.

SkinBasket
08-18-2012, 06:25 AM
I gave up drinking 3-4 nights a week. When I drink, I eat. So on those nights I don't drink I eat about 1500 fewer calories. Combine that with modest workouts 2-5 times a week and passively avoiding obviously fat food, and I've dropped from 220 to 205 in the past 4 or 5 months. I also eat whey protein/banana/honey/ground red pepper shakes for breakfast, but I don't know if that helps or hurts.

Deputy Nutz
08-18-2012, 09:15 AM
Skinbasket thinks he is a lightweight. When we went to BBJ he kept saying I was too much man for him, but then he told me what he weighed and I was like "Dude your a heavyweight!"

I think that made him sad.

SkinBasket
08-18-2012, 11:18 AM
Sometimes I feel trapped in this body.

hoosier
08-18-2012, 03:54 PM
Losing weight is (relatively) easy. The hard part is keeping it from creeping back. Good luck--not for your battle with the bulge but for what happens afterward when you start feeling good about your body again.

MJZiggy
08-18-2012, 11:19 PM
I have the solution. Just date a hottie. I've never wanted to work out at midnight before in my life!!

easy cheesy
08-19-2012, 12:24 AM
I have the solution. Just date a hottie. I've never wanted to work out at midnight before in my life!!

Depends on what the "work out" entails... ***wink wink***

swede
08-19-2012, 09:09 AM
Please, ladies, I'm a married man.

The only gymnastics I do in bed involve grabbing my big toe to settle down a leg cramp.

SkinBasket
08-19-2012, 09:38 AM

The only gymnastics I do in bed involve grabbing my big toe to settle down a leg cramp.

I was just talking to nutz about this topic yesterday. I get ass cramps during sex. I think it makes me a better lover.

MJZiggy
08-19-2012, 10:28 AM

Suffer through taking your wife to see Hope Springs. Otherwise send her and her girlfriends to see Magic Mike. Or just leave a copy of 50 Shades laying around. Apparently there's a mini baby boom expected because of that book. Or do all three and just space them out a little...

Easy, the workout I was thinking of involved free weights and a good abs workout, but your idea sounds like one worth exploring...

George Cumby
08-19-2012, 10:54 PM

No bread.

No sweets.

No fast food.

Obviously no soda.

100 oz of water a day.

Walk the dogs every day.

http://www.crossfit.com/

I coach this stuff.

It works when applied intelligently.

Took a kid from 265 to a ripped 215 in about 6 months.

PM me if you like.

Iron Mike
08-20-2012, 06:57 AM

That's not the firefighters that do that. It'd be the ME/Coroner and/or Funeral Director. And it's not a gurney, it's a mortuary cot. And if you grab the feet end, it's surprisingly light.

mraynrand
08-20-2012, 02:27 PM

No bread.

No sweets.

No fast food.

Obviously no soda.

100 oz of water a day.

Walk the dogs every day.

You can do it!!!!

http://blog.wsd.net/mireynolds/files/2010/07/waterboy7.jpg

Freak Out
08-20-2012, 02:29 PM
I'm glad to see you left beer off the list. :)

Iron Mike
08-20-2012, 02:29 PM
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSA_r6iuKgShWC3U5ueq_Wtm-x9bYilADNnAit9UxdEX_rDLQTmmv4vODoLnA

I SAID JOE MONTEGNA!!!!!!!

George Cumby
08-20-2012, 04:56 PM
I'm glad to see you left beer off the list. :)

Wouldn't a life without beer be like a waking, walking death?

mraynrand
08-20-2012, 07:01 PM
Wouldn't a life without beer be like a waking, walking death?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkt9TIdpvrY

Deputy Nutz
08-22-2012, 08:05 PM
So I am wheat free, I wonder if it is better to drink a low calorie, low carb wheat beer like Millier 64, or a gluten free beer like Redbridge.

Joemailman
08-22-2012, 09:04 PM
Miller 64? No need to punish yourself.

Iron Mike
08-23-2012, 07:24 AM
So I am wheat free, I wonder if it is better to drink a low calorie, low carb wheat beer like Millier 64, or a gluten free beer like Redbridge.

There's no wheat in these drinks.....

http://www.foundationbar.com/Aloha.html

Freak Out
08-23-2012, 11:41 AM

Wheat free or gluten free? Is there a difference? Most beer is made from barley...but it's all grass in the end. Wheat, barley, rye, etc..

MJZiggy
08-23-2012, 06:24 PM
Wheat free or gluten free? Is there a difference? Most beer is made from barley...but it's all grass in the end. Wheat, barley, rye, etc..

This is why I drink wine. Or Jack.

George Cumby
08-23-2012, 07:19 PM
This is why I drink wine. Or Jack.

Isn't whiskey also wheat derived?

I do like my Bombay Sapphire and my Stolichnaya.

Gonna' do a mojito here after one Sierra Nevada Torpedo IPA.

MadtownPacker
08-23-2012, 07:35 PM

No bread.

No sweets.

No fast food.

Obviously no soda.

100 oz of water a day.

Walk the dogs every day.

I'm not afraid of death. I am afraid of the firefighters calling me a fat fuck after they have to haul a gurney with my fat myocardially infarctioned ass down the front steps.We are similar H&W but my cholesterol is low. I cant remember exactly but it is always like the low 100s and the MD was very surprised when my lab work came back. I eat crappy sometimes like donuts and chocolate milk in the AM but mostly eat chicken or shrimp for dinner. I drink way more than the recommend 8 cups of water or whatever amount a day. I drink but not much beer, mostly rums and vodkas. I get a decent amount of exercise/activity but not a gym person. So really I dont do anything to have low cholesterol. I also rarely get sick, even when coworkers are wheezing and sniffling around me all winter long.

Now let me tell you my belief why. Chiles, and not bell peppers or hot sauce Im talking about fresh, hot peppers. Specifically habaneros and serranos. I truly believe they are why the cholesterol is low. I think the capsaicin shit burn out the bad stuff. I have a high tolerance for their burn and actually enjoy it. Like a rush. I make alot of salsa and put that shit on everything. I actually grow them in the backyard and those bitches come out flaming. Made two coworkers cry last Friday when I offered a Starbucks card to whoever held the tears back longer. It didnt take long :lol:. But give it a try. Hit me up if you want a easy salsa recipe you can make in the blender.

Freak Out
08-23-2012, 07:37 PM
Let the recipe loose bitch....we all love a good hot salsa.

George Cumby
08-23-2012, 10:11 PM
Let the recipe loose bitch....we all love a good hot salsa.

+1

MadtownPacker
08-23-2012, 10:41 PM
Im got some of it typed up MFers. I'll finish it up tomorrow.

swede
08-24-2012, 08:48 AM
Eleven days in and I hit my first plateau at nine pounds down, even with drinking six pounds of water a day. I was hoping to lose twenty pounds before I had to amp up the physical activity. To be honest, I've been faithful to the three-mile daily dog walk but slacking on the intense shit. As long as I was losing weight I thought I could coast on that for a few more weeks. The diet itself has been easy to stay on since I'm eating every couple of hours, but I'm eating yogurt, apples, veggies, salad, tomatoes, chicken, tuna, oatmeal, Cheerios, milk, and pomegranate juice at the rate of 1600-1800 calories a day.

Mad, the pepper theory is interesting. It has a wonderful homeopathic machismo about it, as if the peppers swagger through your digestive system raping the cholesterol globules and shooting at the feet of the arterial plaque. "Lipitor? We don't need no steenking Lipitor!"

Nevertheless I look forward to the recipe, as it is sure to contain anti-oxidants, vitamin C, and hallucinogens.

ThunderDan
08-24-2012, 10:42 AM

Wheat, barley, oats and rye all contain gluten. You can have beer that is wheat-free but not gluten-free if it still contains barley.

My father had celiak disease so we grew up gluten-free. When my dad had a business trip or was out of town it was pizza and pasta time.

George Cumby
08-24-2012, 11:12 AM
Eleven days in and I hit my first plateau at nine pounds down, even with drinking six pounds of water a day. I was hoping to lose twenty pounds before I had to amp up the physical activity. To be honest, I've been faithful to the three-mile daily dog walk but slacking on the intense shit. As long as I was losing weight I thought I could coast on that for a few more weeks. The diet itself has been easy to stay on since I'm eating every couple of hours, but I'm eating yogurt, apples, veggies, salad, tomatoes, chicken, tuna, oatmeal, Cheerios, milk, and pomegranate juice at the rate of 1600-1800 calories a day.

Mad, the pepper theory is interesting. It has a wonderful homeopathic machismo about it, as if the peppers swagger through your digestive system raping the cholesterol globules and shooting at the feet of the arterial plaque. "Lipitor? We don't need no steenking Lipitor!"

Nevertheless I look forward to the recipe, as it is sure to contain anti-oxidants, vitamin C, and hallucinogens.

This, my friend.

Mechanics-->Consistency-->Intensity

You don't need to be intense until you've been consistent for 6 weeks to three months.

Even then, if you are seeing results, you may not need to go for the intensity.

Fitness goals are VERY personal.

I think Mad is onto something with his pepper stuff. Good micronutrients.

Good job on the 9#!

SkinBasket
08-24-2012, 11:31 AM
Intensity is for homos. And pudgy guys who hurt themselves.

MadScientist
08-24-2012, 01:28 PM
We are similar H&W but my cholesterol is low. I cant remember exactly but it is always like the low 100s and the MD was very surprised when my lab work came back. I eat crappy sometimes like donuts and chocolate milk in the AM but mostly eat chicken or shrimp for dinner. I drink way more than the recommend 8 cups of water or whatever amount a day. I drink but not much beer, mostly rums and vodkas. I get a decent amount of exercise/activity but not a gym person. So really I dont do anything to have low cholesterol. I also rarely get sick, even when coworkers are wheezing and sniffling around me all winter long.

Now let me tell you my belief why. Chiles, and not bell peppers or hot sauce Im talking about fresh, hot peppers. Specifically habaneros and serranos. I truly believe they are why the cholesterol is low. I think the capsaicin shit burn out the bad stuff. I have a high tolerance for their burn and actually enjoy it. Like a rush. I make alot of salsa and put that shit on everything. I actually grow them in the backyard and those bitches come out flaming. Made two coworkers cry last Friday when I offered a Starbucks card to whoever held the tears back longer. It didnt take long :lol:. But give it a try. Hit me up if you want a easy salsa recipe you can make in the blender.

It's not the peppers, it's the genes. I've always had low cholesterol, regardless of my diet (my weight is not an issue), and I won't touch anything with hot peppers, or any other kind of pepper.. My dad also never had trouble despite a poor diet, no exercise and being way overweight. Diet can make a difference, but the genes are huge.

mraynrand
08-24-2012, 01:43 PM
Intensity is for homos. And pudgy guys who hurt themselves.

I thought you mean Insanity:

http://honestworkoutreviews.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Insanity-transformation-300x300.jpg

"Insanity: The solution when 'Hip Hop Abs' fails"

mraynrand
08-24-2012, 01:45 PM
It's not the peppers, it's the genes. I've always had low cholesterol, regardless of my diet (my weight is not an issue), and I won't touch anything with hot peppers, or any other kind of pepper.. My dad also never had trouble despite a poor diet, no exercise and being way overweight. Diet can make a difference, but the genes are huge.

Don't discount Maternal Effect (and chew your metformin!):

http://www.nhs.uk/news/2012/04april/Pages/metformin-pregnant-diabetes-obesity.aspx

MJZiggy
08-24-2012, 07:12 PM
Isn't whiskey also wheat derived?

Yes, but I don't care so I can drink what I want.

MJZiggy
08-24-2012, 07:16 PM
We are similar H&W but my cholesterol is low. I cant remember exactly but it is always like the low 100s and the MD was very surprised when my lab work came back. I eat crappy sometimes like donuts and chocolate milk in the AM but mostly eat chicken or shrimp for dinner. I drink way more than the recommend 8 cups of water or whatever amount a day. I drink but not much beer, mostly rums and vodkas. I get a decent amount of exercise/activity but not a gym person. So really I dont do anything to have low cholesterol. I also rarely get sick, even when coworkers are wheezing and sniffling around me all winter long.

I grew baby bell peppers this year. Sweet little one-serving size peppers. I pulled the first one off the plant and bit into it and burned my lip. What the HELL did that thing cross breed with? It only has banana and jalapeno peppers around it.

MadtownPacker
08-24-2012, 08:23 PM

That's such a neat, interesting, FUCKING WHITE WAY TO PUT IT YOUR MFER!!

I will get on it man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0APBemFGUdU

MadtownPacker
08-24-2012, 08:25 PM
I think Mad is onto something with his pepper stuff. Good micronutrients.Appreciate you considering it.

MadtownPacker
08-24-2012, 08:29 PM
It's not the peppers, it's the genes. I've always had low cholesterol, regardless of my diet (my weight is not an issue), and I won't touch anything with hot peppers, or any other kind of pepper.. My dad also never had trouble despite a poor diet, no exercise and being way overweight. Diet can make a difference, but the genes are huge.Ahh I knew I would get a doubter. Not surprised it is a man of Science. :lol:

You just said it. Your Dad never had trouble. My family, not so lucky. So now what? If you cant test it from a tube doesn't mean its not real.

MadtownPacker
08-24-2012, 08:30 PM
I thought you mean Insanity:

http://honestworkoutreviews.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Insanity-transformation-300x300.jpg

"Insanity: The solution when 'Hip Hop Abs' fails"
Are you bitter about not earning your tshirt?

swede
11-25-2012, 12:27 AM
In August I couldn't run 200 yards.

But Thursday I finished the local Turkey Trot two-mile in an unremarkable 20 minutes. My four kids finished in 18, 18, 16, and 13 minutes.

But I finished! And I didn't wheeze hard enough to alarm the other runners.

Damn weight has been stuck at 220 for four weeks now, even with running 2+ miles five times a week. I think I have to add another layer of physical activity like weight training and core work in the afternoons. Carrying around the equivalent of four full milk jugs around my waist makes running more of a drag than it should be. Stubborn-ass belly fat!:mad:

George Cumby
11-25-2012, 01:30 PM
In August I couldn't run 200 yards.

But Thursday I finished the local Turkey Trot two-mile in an unremarkable 20 minutes. My four kids finished in 18, 18, 16, and 13 minutes.

But I finished! And I didn't wheeze hard enough to alarm the other runners.

Damn weight has been stuck at 220 for four weeks now, even with running 2+ miles five times a week. I think I have to add another layer of physical activity like weight training and core work in the afternoons. Carrying around the equivalent of four full milk jugs around my waist makes running more of a drag than it should be. Stubborn-ass belly fat!:mad:

Congrats! I love to hear stuff like this.

Have you changed your diet? What's your carb intake like? Those are the bastards that go to one's gut and stick.

Increase training volume, decrease calories. Do you eat carbs for breakfast? If so, think about going to fat and protein, instead.

FWIW.

But congrats

swede
11-25-2012, 03:03 PM
Congrats! I love to hear stuff like this.

Have you changed your diet? What's your carb intake like? Those are the bastards that go to one's gut and stick.

Increase training volume, decrease calories. Do you eat carbs for breakfast? If so, think about going to fat and protein, instead.

FWIW.

But congrats

Thanks for the feedback.

So bacon instead of brown rice and milk for breakfast? I'm down with that.

More fruit and veggies, I know I know.

The biggest problem for me eating-wise is conquering the psychological/physiological problem of finishing the day with good eating discipline from 4:00 on.

In the first part of the day, after running, I eat fruit, veggies, yogurt, rice, fish, chicken, cheese, almonds, and peanut butter and rice cakes throughout the am with calories usually totaling around 1,300 by the end of lunch. Starting at 4:00 pm it seems that no amount of food satisfies and the carbs start calling. A huge bowl of Cheerios starts things off usually.

Even on a bad day, though, I'm under 3,000 calories and on good days I'm around 2,300. Do I really need to drop calories under 2,000 after running a couple of miles in the a.m.? Dammit.

That is why I am starting to think that a second level of physical activity is needed...hit the high school fitness center for that round of free weights and core work. I'd rather work harder than eat less if I am going to try to establish a long-term lifestyle change.

George Cumby
11-25-2012, 06:47 PM
There is nothing like that big bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios, I know.

I would say, if you can accomodate the increased training volume, do so.

Kettlebell swings are a great option, two or three days a week of 100-300 KBS and your core and anaerobic capacity will really improve. Again, FWIW.

Freak Out
11-27-2012, 12:23 AM
Are kettlebells those thing you hang off your junk or a vessel you drink beer from...or both?

GrnBay007
11-28-2012, 01:26 AM
I saw something really SAD today.
I'm having some serious car issues right now :( and had to run an errand today while at work. A co-worker offered me her car for this short errand. Very nice of her. She is very overweight....I would guess somewhere in the range of 400-450 lbs. When I got in her car, there sitting on the front seat, was one of those plastic handicap things you hang from your rear view mirror. She and her husband are the only two that drive that vehicle and neither of them are handicap by any means....and young, like 33-34 yrs. old. So lets make your condition worse by parking as close as you can get to a store!! Sad!

Freak Out
11-28-2012, 02:35 AM
What kind of a vehicle does someone at 450 drive? A Unimog?

wootah
11-28-2012, 06:43 AM
I remember being baffled when I visited the US for the first time seeing those motorized shopping carts at Walmart. That is just crazy.

swede
11-28-2012, 07:24 AM
I remember being baffled when I visited the US for the first time seeing those motorized shopping carts at Walmart. That is just crazy.

...especially when paired with the bizarre public service messages on TV and radio portraying hunger as a mysterious affliction that affects random people from all walks of life. Yeah. Our problem is that Americans aren't getting enough to eat. 47 million on food stamps and Americans aren't getting enough to eat.

A public service campaign telling Americans that they are fat and stupid would be more honest.

mmmdk
11-28-2012, 11:50 AM
Losing weight is (relatively) easy. The hard part is keeping it from creeping back. Good luck--not for your battle with the bulge but for what happens afterward when you start feeling good about your body again.

So true! :tup:

George Cumby
11-28-2012, 09:49 PM
I'm having some serious car issues right now :( and had to run an errand today while at work. A co-worker offered me her car for this short errand. Very nice of her. She is very overweight....I would guess somewhere in the range of 400-450 lbs. When I got in her car, there sitting on the front seat, was one of those plastic handicap things you hang from your rear view mirror. She and her husband are the only two that drive that vehicle and neither of them are handicap by any means....and young, like 33-34 yrs. old. So lets make your condition worse by parking as close as you can get to a store!! Sad!

Sad and infuriating at the same time.

I pity these folks for so lacking self-esteem that they allow themselves to get to that state but I am angered by their lack of self-respect and self-regard. Two sides of the same coin, I guess......

MJZiggy
11-29-2012, 10:44 PM
Sad and infuriating at the same time.

I pity these folks for so lacking self-esteem that they allow themselves to get to that state but I am angered by their lack of self-respect and self-regard. Two sides of the same coin, I guess......

Actually, I'm angered for their lack of respect for people who really need those spots.

mraynrand
11-29-2012, 11:41 PM
...especially when paired with the bizarre public service messages on TV and radio portraying hunger as a mysterious affliction that affects random people from all walks of life. Yeah. Our problem is that Americans aren't getting enough to eat. 47 million on food stamps and Americans aren't getting enough to eat.

A public service campaign telling Americans that they are fat and stupid would be more honest.

Didn't you get the memo? And you a school teacher? The party line is that the poor are obese because they can't afford healthy food. Try to keep up.

mraynrand
11-29-2012, 11:43 PM

Talk to people in the medical profession - the obesity and the number of obese - and totally healthy people for that matter - who are claiming disability has skyrocketed. People want to be disabled, if you can imagine that. That's where we are today.

SkinBasket
12-05-2012, 11:47 AM

My wife works with a woman who's kid is severely handicapped, like can't even sit upright by himself. So she takes a handicap spot at Walmart and proceeds to place the kid in a cart, gets her purse, and when she turns around there's this fat fucking sow standing there. The fat one gets in her face and starts yelling, "You don't look handicapped. You shouldn't be in that spot, bitch!" Mind you, the kid, who can't talk or move on his own is sitting right there. So this woman replies, "My son is severely handicapped." The fat one (who's only handicap is being fat), says, "Well, I'm sorry your kid is retarded!" So the normal woman, who is pretty even tempered replies, "I'm sorry you're so fucking fat!" So the fat one spits in her face. So the normal one punches her in hers, and of course the fat ass sack falls down screaming bloody murder. The cops arrive because someone called when the yelling broke out. The fat one plays the victim until the other people give witness and the cops ask the normal one if she wants to press charges since spitting on someone is far worse than punching them. Being a civilized human being, she declined, content with having punched her stupid fat face.

Moral being: fat people are assholes.

HowardRoark
12-05-2012, 03:11 PM
Times are changing, now the poor get fat
But the fevers gonna catch you when the bitch gets back

Iron Mike
12-05-2012, 06:58 PM
http://lolpranks.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/funny-drive-thru-joke-granny-scooter-lol-wendys.jpg

Iron Mike
12-05-2012, 07:01 PM
http://www.bannedinhollywood.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/146406.bmp

George Cumby
12-05-2012, 08:00 PM
This is the shit that just pisses me off and totally annhiliates any iota of compassion which I might be capable of feeling.

GrnBay007
12-06-2012, 02:24 AM
In my example of "saw something SAD today" with the 450 lb co-worker, I have to say I have very mixed feelings on the subject. Not about the handicap sticker....that angers me. My mixed feelings are because I know a huge part of her weight problem is because she is pretty f'd up. Total dysfunction in her life. Her husband is a loser and off and on again meth/cocaine user and unemployed. She knows right from wrong and doesn't participate in his drug using lifestyle, but none the less staying with him is condoning it. I'm sure she stays with him out of fear of being alone and doesn't think anyone else will have her. I try to be supportive but at the same time call her out on stuff. It's actually funny she is in the line of work she is. She's done well hiding her home life and all the dysfunction.

GrnBay007
12-06-2012, 02:27 AM
My wife works with a woman who's kid is severely handicapped, like can't even sit upright by himself. So she takes a handicap spot at Walmart and proceeds to place the kid in a cart, gets her purse, and when she turns around there's this fat fucking sow standing there. The fat one gets in her face and starts yelling, "You don't look handicapped. You shouldn't be in that spot, bitch!" Mind you, the kid, who can't talk or move on his own is sitting right there. So this woman replies, "My son is severely handicapped." The fat one (who's only handicap is being fat), says, "Well, I'm sorry your kid is retarded!" So the normal woman, who is pretty even tempered replies, "I'm sorry you're so fucking fat!" So the fat one spits in her face. So the normal one punches her in hers, and of course the fat ass sack falls down screaming bloody murder. The cops arrive because someone called when the yelling broke out. The fat one plays the victim until the other people give witness and the cops ask the normal one if she wants to press charges since spitting on someone is far worse than punching them. Being a civilized human being, she declined, content with having punched her stupid fat face.

Moral being: fat people are assholes.

That's really SAD! Glad your friend didn't get charged and it's really too bad her child had to go through that experience. As soon as I read she spit on her I thought oh boy, there's a charge!

woodbuck27
12-06-2012, 11:32 AM
" I have the solution. Just date a hottie. I've never wanted to work out at midnight before in my life !! "

Does that fall under the category of:

a) Useless information (unless your eligible to date)?

b) Too much information"

or

c) Irrelevant information?

RE: a gluten free diet.

It's not recommended that you go there unless that's absolutely going to help. ie You have celiac disease.

Iron Mike
01-19-2013, 02:35 PM

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/s480x480/397662_10151338328863718_375812213_n.jpg

MadtownPacker
01-20-2013, 10:26 AM
since spitting on someone is far worse than punching themYup, cuz some nasty shit like herpes or something else can be passed. I would say this one had a happy ending with a lesson, PUNCH EM IN THE FACE INSTEAD!!

MadtownPacker
01-20-2013, 10:28 AM
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/s480x480/397662_10151338328863718_375812213_n.jpg
So is that a real study or should I question the "underground" part of the URL?

Deputy Nutz
01-20-2013, 01:49 PM
In my example of "saw something SAD today" with the 450 lb co-worker, I have to say I have very mixed feelings on the subject. Not about the handicap sticker....that angers me. My mixed feelings are because I know a huge part of her weight problem is because she is pretty f'd up. Total dysfunction in her life. Her husband is a loser and off and on again meth/cocaine user and unemployed. She knows right from wrong and doesn't participate in his drug using lifestyle, but none the less staying with him is condoning it. I'm sure she stays with him out of fear of being alone and doesn't think anyone else will have her. I try to be supportive but at the same time call her out on stuff. It's actually funny she is in the line of work she is. She's done well hiding her home life and all the dysfunction.

Maybe she needs to be hitt'n that pipe, I heard meth is great for weight loss.

MJZiggy
01-20-2013, 03:46 PM

It seems I will die young.