PDA

View Full Version : TJack to the Pack?

sheepshead
08-19-2012, 08:17 AM
After sitting out his second straight pre-season game, Tavaris Jackson finds himself the subject of increasing trade talks between the Seattle Seahawks and the Green Bay Packers. GB is going to want more from Seattle for taking on such a large contract.:?:

http://www.sbnation.com/2012/8/19/3252993/tarvaris-jackson-trade-talks-seattle-seahawks-green-bay-packers

Joemailman
08-19-2012, 08:24 AM
More likely Packers would wait until Seattle releases him, and them sign him to a lower contract. No way you pay him 4 million. Seattle is probably sitting him because if he gets hurt, they would have to keep him or offer him an injury settlement.

pbmax
08-19-2012, 09:01 AM
That's a contributor writing, not an actual reporter and she fails to mention La Canfora said the Packers are one possible destination and then detailed info that Jackson might be willing to redo his salary if it helps a trade. So he was posting conjecture to Twitter, not a ramp up of talks. Neither has any idea whether the Packers are interested or not.

Jason La CanforaVerified ‏@JasonLaCanfora

Seahawks will intensify talks on Tarvaris Jackson trade this week. Green Bay a possibility. Won't be seeking big compensation and ...

pbmax
08-19-2012, 09:10 AM
That's a contributor writing, not an actual reporter and she fails to mention La Canfora said the Packers are one possible destination and then detailed info that Jackson might be willing to redo his salary if it helps a trade. So he was posting conjecture to Twitter, not a ramp up of talks. Neither has any idea whether the Packers are interested or not.

Jason La CanforaVerified ‏@JasonLaCanfora

Seahawks will intensify talks on Tarvaris Jackson trade this week. Green Bay a possibility. Won't be seeking big compensation and ...

The item got a better write up from LaCanfora's CBS co-worker: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/19826262/seahawks-attempts-to-trade-tarvaris-jackson-to-intensify-this-week

sheepshead
08-19-2012, 09:19 AM
I'm nervous about our back up quarterback situation. Not because Rodgers will blow a knee or something but because he has a concussion history and the league is uber sensitive to anyone getting their bell rung. I am actually excited and anxious to get someone in here that can move the chains should ARod miss a couple of games.

denverYooper
08-19-2012, 10:39 AM
Super backup Flynn failed to win 2 games in 2010 when Rodgers went down with a concussion. That season didn't turn out too badly. If Graham has to fill in a couple of games, he probably won't do much worse.

Unless M3 really thinks Harrell (or Coleman) are hopeless, the Packers won't budge.

KYPack
08-19-2012, 11:00 AM
The Pack acquiring Ced Benson AND TJack in the same pre-season would be some wierd sign of the apocalypse.

Freak Out
08-19-2012, 11:18 AM
No thanks.....wait for a QB to be cut or steal one from a practice squad.

Tony Oday
08-19-2012, 11:45 AM
Tjack or Jumppass as I like to call him is a terrible QB. A Hell to the no on picking him up for anything.

Brando19
08-19-2012, 12:20 PM
I read that the Bills are going to cut Tyler Thigpen. There's your backup...mark it down.

red
08-19-2012, 12:41 PM
why the hell would we want him?

we all know his name because he sucked so bad for the vikings. we had threads on here making fun of his lack of talent. many of them.

then we all laughed harder when he went to seattle, mostly because they thought he could be a real QB

now you want us to sign him as our main backup and the guy who will keep us afloat in case disaster strikes (a-rod goes down)????????
LOLOLOLOL

we do need a decent backup to help us win a game or two if rodgers goes down, but in all honesty, if rodgers goes down for any amount of time or during the playoffs, then we're done anyway. our defense is nowhere near good enough to win with just an above average offense IMO

HarveyWallbangers
08-19-2012, 12:43 PM
Tjack or Jumppass as I like to call him is a terrible QB. A Hell to the no on picking him up for anything.

He's terrible and his inaccuracy is a terrible fit for our scheme.

Tony Oday
08-19-2012, 01:42 PM
Now correct me if I am wrong but until last year wasnt Flynn terrible in the preseason?

rbaloha1
08-19-2012, 01:49 PM
TT continually acts with urgency. An admirable trait.

T Jack should only be pursued if he agrees to slightly over the NFL minimum. The dude is well versed in the west coast and with the Packer weapons should be able to deliver the ball.

Matt Moore is a better option.

rbaloha1
08-19-2012, 01:50 PM
Now correct me if I am wrong but until last year wasnt Flynn terrible in the preseason?

No. It was always evident Flynn was the next Hasselbeck.

BobDobbs
08-19-2012, 01:56 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/harrell-produces-backup-failure-0u6hlpv-166618446.html
No. It was always evident Flynn was the next Hasselbeck.

"In order, Matt Flynn's ratings were 100.2, 97.4, 77.7 and 86.6. Rodgers had a rough ride as a rookie, but his ratings in his second and third preseasons were 101.1 and 98.3.

Matt Hasselbeck's ratings were 127.7 and 114 in years two and three. "

He was no Matt Hasselbeck. Those are Hall of Fame preseason numbers.:grin:

rbaloha1
08-19-2012, 03:20 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/harrell-produces-backup-failure-0u6hlpv-166618446.html

"In order, Matt Flynn's ratings were 100.2, 97.4, 77.7 and 86.6. Rodgers had a rough ride as a rookie, but his ratings in his second and third preseasons were 101.1 and 98.3.

Matt Hasselbeck's ratings were 127.7 and 114 in years two and three. "

He was no Matt Hasselbeck. Those are Hall of Fame preseason numbers.:grin:

IMO using a qb rating with a small sample size and backup players is useless for preseason games. Flynn showed moxie, poise and a command of the offense from day one. Whether MF has a career like MH is still to be determined.

GH has regressed which is why the search for a backup qb is an immediate concern. Do not recall the same concern when Flynn was the backup qb.

Lurker64
08-19-2012, 04:35 PM
In a word: no.

LegandofthePack15
08-19-2012, 04:36 PM
He's terrible and his inaccuracy is a terrible fit for our scheme.

Even more inaccurate than Harrell?

Jackson is no Mike Vick but he's a serviceable back up.

easy cheesy
08-19-2012, 04:59 PM
why the hell would we want him?

we all know his name because he sucked so bad for the vikings. we had threads on here making fun of his lack of talent. many of them.

then we all laughed harder when he went to seattle, mostly because they thought he could be a real QB

now you want us to sign him as our main backup and the guy who will keep us afloat in case disaster strikes (a-rod goes down)????????
LOLOLOLOL

we do need a decent backup to help us win a game or two if rodgers goes down, but in all honesty, if rodgers goes down for any amount of time or during the playoffs, then we're done anyway. our defense is nowhere near good enough to win with just an above average offense IMO

EXACTLY! Tarvaris Jackson sucks ass. Classic comment to follow:

MIN had this problem for far too long, and I hope SEA figures it out quicker. You're waiting for him to emerge; I promise you it will not happen. But for those who "know" better than the rest, go ahead and run these tires down to the rims and continue insisting...your franchise will suffer while you do. I'll eat a rotting dead animal raw when TJ wins a SB

... Thank you Classic Commenter...

rbaloha1
08-19-2012, 05:49 PM
Even more inaccurate than Harrell?

Jackson is no Mike Vick but he's a serviceable back up.

Precisely. Although prefer Matt Moore or Colt McCoy in that order.

easy cheesy
08-19-2012, 06:07 PM
Precisely.

HAH!...Take him... please... no... really... here ya' go...have fun!

Lurker64
08-19-2012, 06:20 PM
I would play Randall Cobb at quarterback before I would play TJack. I am deadly serious.

easy cheesy
08-19-2012, 06:32 PM
I would play Randall Cobb at quarterback before I would play TJack. I am deadly serious.

Roger that!

Tony Oday
08-19-2012, 07:30 PM
Driver can play QB to correct? :)

Tony Oday
08-19-2012, 07:31 PM
Or hey nobody said Favre was done ;)

pbmax
08-19-2012, 08:12 PM
New Backup QB?

One compound word answer: Frankenbacker

SkinBasket
08-19-2012, 08:17 PM
Or hey nobody said Favre was done ;)

That would have gotten you banned a couple years ago.

easy cheesy
08-19-2012, 08:18 PM
New Backup QB?

Can I get mustard and onions with that?

http://instantrimshot.com/

easy cheesy
08-19-2012, 08:36 PM
That would have gotten you banned a couple years ago.

http://instantrimshot.com/index.php?sound=downer

George Cumby
08-19-2012, 10:33 PM
New Backup QB?

Is he still with Detroit?

Upnorth
08-19-2012, 10:49 PM

Yes Flynn's first preseason sucked, but it was better than Arod's. My only fear is that Harrel will only suck. On the other hand they got rid of Brohm quickly so they must see something in Harrel

Pugger
08-20-2012, 08:38 AM

Wasn't Borel a QB in college too?

Packers4Glory
08-20-2012, 08:51 AM
no thanks. I'd take Moore in a heartbeat if he becomes available.

I'd even take Colt McCoy. Dude has had nobody to throw to on that team and I believe the Browns should have drafted some skill help instead of a QB in the 1st.

pbmax
08-20-2012, 09:06 AM
Is he still with Detroit?

I think they let him go, he came back to camp or practice in Green Bay at one time but did not stick. As far as I know, he is out of football, but I could have missed something.

Packers4Glory
08-20-2012, 09:15 AM
I think they let him go, he came back to camp or practice in Green Bay at one time but did not stick. As far as I know, he is out of football, but I could have missed something.

didn't he get a DUI or something after he came back to GB?

mmmdk
08-20-2012, 09:25 AM
How 'bout Vinny Testaverde...?

Tony Oday
08-20-2012, 11:35 AM
I bet Jeff George is ready to play!

red
08-20-2012, 11:56 AM
locker just became the starter for the titans. that means hasselback moves to the bench.

he's the type of accurate savvy vet that could maybe keep the ship afloat if rodgers goes down for a few games

Smidgeon
08-20-2012, 01:45 PM
locker just became the starter for the titans. that means hasselback moves to the bench.

he's the type of accurate savvy vet that could maybe keep the ship afloat if rodgers goes down for a few games

He would be. But he'll be doing that in Tennessee. They won't let him go.

Iron Mike
08-20-2012, 02:27 PM
Roger that!

Here's looking at you, kid.....

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/376630_410753062316056_418436227_n.jpg

pbmax
08-21-2012, 09:33 AM
Jason Cole now repeating TJack is interesting to the Pack. Usually, he* is very good, so I hope he is just regurgitating other published nonsense.

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde

#Packers MT @JasonColeYahoo: If Flynn/Wilson healthy, expect Tarvaris Jackson to be traded Sat. Many teams interested: Miami, GB, Minn, SD.

*Cole, not Jackson, just so we are clear.

Zool
08-21-2012, 09:39 AM
Sitting in an office full of Viking fans who are laughing at us right now. Mimicing his jump pass move.

Please dear God no on TJax

rbaloha1
08-21-2012, 10:21 AM
Sitting in an office full of Viking fans who are laughing at us right now. Mimicing his jump pass move.

Please dear God no on TJax

Remind them who is going to the playoffs. Its unfortunate the Vikings snagged 3 good Packer players (Longwell, Sharper and Favre).

TJax will not have to carry the load and is surrounded by much better talent as opposed to Viking and Seahawk teams.

Zool
08-21-2012, 10:26 AM
Remind them who is going to the playoffs. Its unfortunate the Vikings snagged 3 good Packer players (Longwell, Sharper and Favre).

TJax will not have to carry the load and is surrounded by much better talent as opposed to Viking and Seahawk teams.

He still sucks. Still jump passes and still skips balls to receivers like he's angry at their feet.

Packers4Glory
08-21-2012, 01:04 PM
slightly off topic but poor Flynn. this rookie destroys some 2nd and 3rd string defenses and he finds himself still in a battle for the starting job. Pete Carroll simply can't help himself. he's a terrible pro coach and jerking around Flynn and the rest of the team pissing around w/ the 3 QB's can't be helpful. Sorry but the 49's could be great, or they could have a big fall back to the land of no playoffs. that division is winnable if you let your FA signed QB get the majority of the reps in a new offense.

cheesner
08-21-2012, 02:19 PM

We got Gilbert Brown from the Vikes. I think we should just stop there.

Fritz
08-21-2012, 04:33 PM
PeteCarroll is a jackass. Oh, and a lousy NFL coach, too.

MadScientist
08-21-2012, 05:13 PM
We got Gilbert Brown from the Vikes. I think we should just stop there.
The Packers would do better with the QB Gilbert is coaching than with TCrap.

OS PA
08-21-2012, 05:29 PM
We should trade for MJD.

dahammer001
08-25-2012, 12:57 PM
I'm nervous about our back up quarterback situation. Not because Rodgers will blow a knee or something but because he has a concussion history and the league is uber sensitive to anyone getting their bell rung. I am actually excited and anxious to get someone in here that can move the chains should ARod miss a couple of games.

I think the packers should give Dennis Dixon a call, athletic qb with a big arm.

rbaloha1
08-25-2012, 01:01 PM
I think the packers should give Dennis Dixon a call, athletic qb with a big arm.

Interesting. How does look running a pro style offense?

GH make me nervous. Coaching staff has much invested in GH but his level of play must improve.

Brandon494
08-25-2012, 01:52 PM
I have no idea if we will even go after a QB but I do know one thing, and that is Graham Harrell does not deserve a spot on this 53 man roster. I'd honestly rather have Randall Cobb back there then Harrell. :-P

King Friday
08-26-2012, 02:31 AM
I'd honestly rather have Randall Cobb back there then Harrell. :-P

Yes, unfortunately I think I'm with you there.

denverYooper
08-26-2012, 04:49 PM
Ian Rapoport has TJack being traded to the Bills:

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/239841148330459136