PDA

View Full Version : Looking for improvement and getting better

Packgator
08-19-2006, 01:31 PM
Taking everything into account..........new coaching staff, youth, system, injuries, talent, ect.........the game last week was in all likelihood an accurate gauge of where the Packers stood at the time of practice game # 1. It was what it was. The state of the Packers on August 12th. What I'll be looking for in practice game # 2 is improvement. No matter how small........there has to be a weeks worth of improvement in all areas.

Then get better for practice game 3 and still better for practice game 4. Hopefully the weekly improvements will create a team that is ready to compete on a weekly basis at the start of the season. A team that can lineup every Sunday with a chance of winning the game.

This preseason is different than the past 10-12 years. All of those teams were already pretty good at the start of training camp. Even the teams with new coaching staffs reported to training camp as a in place "decent" team. Even last years team reported "thinking" playoffs before it all went downhill.

This year is different from what we have grown used to. The team isn't starting at the levels we have seen for a dozen years. Can they be pretty good this year? I don't know. I hope so. Are they pretty good now? No. One thing is certain........they have to show improvement moving forward from the starting point (which was last week). Show improvement in the second practice game and move on and up. Do the same in the 3rd practice game and then the 4th.

Which units will be better tonight? Which players will be better tonight? What components will be better tonight? Regardless of the score.......what I am most anxious to see is IMPROVEMENT. Starting tonight!

woodbuck27
08-19-2006, 01:42 PM
Nice post.

Realistic and "of course" very sensable. One game at a time - we must grow into a TEAM.

I can't wait till the first cuts and we concentrate more on the BEST. .
I TRUST. ."THE BEST" 53 man roster we can possibly get to.

It's all about readying OUR team for game one of 2006 and . . .

"the BEARS". :mrgreen:

GO PACKERS ! HOLD FAITH PACKER FANS !!

Packgator
08-19-2006, 04:53 PM
It's all about getting ready for opening day. This is definately a year I'm glad there are four preseason/practice games. We need to see improvement each week leading to the Bear game. Starting tonight!

4and12to12and4
08-19-2006, 05:16 PM
Good post but a bit redundant (see Bretskys 10 things you want to see)