View Full Version : DEAR TED !!...THX FOR SIGNING CEDRIC THE ENTERTAINER

Bretsky
08-24-2012, 10:22 PM
Benson.....who is better than RG

Nice Article

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/167248385.html

Brando19
08-24-2012, 11:08 PM
I'm very excited about Benson signing with the Pack. We can run the ball in January now.

George Cumby
08-24-2012, 11:12 PM
Three yards when we need two!

MadtownPacker
08-24-2012, 11:52 PM
I wonder if he will last the season. Best go pass happy while the weather is nice to save some wear and tear.

Pugger
08-25-2012, 07:32 AM
Why did Cincy let him go anyway?

King Friday
08-25-2012, 09:10 AM
Age and they signed Green-Ellis.

RashanGary
08-25-2012, 09:18 AM
Man, we're used to garbage RBs. To see Benson run, you would have thought we were watching Walter Payton. Gotta say, I'm very excited about this signing too. He looked unlike anything I'm used to seeing in GB.

I'm with Mad. . . . Pass first, mix in some Green here and there. . . . Keep the guy fresh and ride him a little in the playoffs if we can keep him healthy. Shit, if we locked up the playoffs early, I wouldn't midn playing him half the game for the last 3 games. HE's that much better than anything else we have, and that important to our cold weather game IMO.

RashanGary
08-25-2012, 09:19 AM
Age and they signed Green-Ellis.

They're fucking retarded.

KYPack
08-25-2012, 09:31 AM
Why did Cincy let him go anyway?

Also fumbling (12 in 2 seasons) and a bad attitude. Cincy changed OC's. Bob Bratkowski (Zeke's son) believed in pounding the rock to set up the pass offense. New OC Jay Gruden (Chucky's bro) believes in pummling the opponent with passes and quick strikes, using the run as a weapon. Ced didn't like the lesser carries and sulked when he wasn't the feature guy.

Gruden and Lewis didn't like that shit and agreed Ced should walk, no new contract.

rbaloha1
08-25-2012, 10:18 AM
Thank you TT.

After flirting with Moss and Gonzalez you closed the deal with Benson.

All is forgiven.

RashanGary
08-25-2012, 10:37 AM
Also fumbling (12 in 2 seasons) and a bad attitude. Cincy changed OC's. Bob Bratkowski (Zeke's son) believed in pounding the rock to set up the pass offense. New OC Jay Gruden (Chucky's bro) believes in pummling the opponent with passes and quick strikes, using the run as a weapon. Ced didn't like the lesser carries and sulked when he wasn't the feature guy.

Gruden and Lewis didn't like that shit and agreed Ced should walk, no new contract.

Thank You!

Well, MM has a history of managing different personality types masterfully. Benson wouldn't have come here if he wasn't OK with the pass first offense. And as great as our pass offense is, Benson could average 4.5-4.6 yards per carry easy. And if he's healthy in the playoffs he's going to make it hard for personnel guys not to remember his play. I could see him getting a 2M per year for 2 years after this year. He's in a good spot.

Freak Out
08-25-2012, 11:21 AM
Benson said he wants a ring....and he knows the end is near career wise so him coming here is almost a no brainer. He can save some wear and tear playing in this offense and maybe stick for a couple of years. I don't blame Cincy for the direction they went...plus it helps the Pack. :)

mmmdk
08-25-2012, 11:32 AM
I'm very excited about Benson signing with the Pack. We can run the ball in January now.

I'm excited too! :smile: Oh it's nice to have a real RB again...it's been a while.

King Friday
08-25-2012, 12:15 PM
Benson said he wants a ring....and he knows the end is near career wise so him coming here is almost a no brainer. He can save some wear and tear playing in this offense and maybe stick for a couple of years. I don't blame Cincy for the direction they went...plus it helps the Pack. :)

I agree. Benson is generally a grumpy guy. Playing for inept offensive systems like Chicago and Cincinnati probably didn't help matters. He'll be far more happy with a franchise like Green Bay, where offensive talent is cultivated and put in a position to succeed. Green Bay is built to win now...the Bengals probably still are 1-2 years away from being a legit playoff contender (they need Baltimore and Pittsburgh to keep getting old, which is happening pretty quickly as far as I can tell) so hanging onto Benson made little sense for them. He has 2 good years left in him tops, which is fine for Green Bay since we are used to plugging the holes at RB with short term solutions. At least this time, the solution actually is a proven commodity in the NFL.

Brandon494
08-25-2012, 02:12 PM
I do think he is better than Ryan Grant but I'm not that hype after one preseason game. He still needs to show me that he can hold onto the ball having fumbled more than any RB the past 2 seasons. I'm hoping playing behind a passing attack like ours will help his yards per carry as well. I didn't realize this but hes only averaged over 4 yards a carry once in the past 5 seasons. One thing for sure is that hes going to help us close out games when we need to run some clock.

pbmax
08-25-2012, 02:53 PM
They're fucking retarded.

They do have their lucid moments though. There is some talent on that team now. Its probably not going to last, but it will be nicer for the fans for a couple of years.

Packers4Glory
08-25-2012, 03:05 PM
bad attitude? or is that some old rap from chicago and the Jones fall out.

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-25-2012, 03:28 PM
I do think he is better than Ryan Grant but I'm not that hype after one preseason game. He still needs to show me that he can hold onto the ball having fumbled more than any RB the past 2 seasons. I'm hoping playing behind a passing attack like ours will help his yards per carry as well. I didn't realize this but hes only averaged over 4 yards a carry once in the past 5 seasons. One thing for sure is that hes going to help us close out games when we need to run some clock.

This

Tony Oday
08-25-2012, 05:04 PM
Benson will be a stud this year! How many times does a guy with his talent get to go one on one with MLBs? I mean think about this. 4 WR Set with a nice draw or just a straight dive right or left! :) It makes me happy for sure.

mission
08-25-2012, 07:49 PM
Thank you TT.

All is forgiven.

It took signing Benson for you to "forgive" TT? Speaks volumes.

I'm 100% on the Benson train and pretty much have been since he got in town. Thursday night just got us all really excited. I see him being a completely different back in this offense. Have $20 on a paypal bet for anyone that thinks he will average <4.0 YPC this year.

rbaloha1
08-25-2012, 07:54 PM

I'm 100% on the Benson train and pretty much have been since he got in town. Thursday night just got us all really excited. I see him being a completely different back in this offense. Have $20 on a paypal bet for anyone that thinks he will average <4.0 YPC this year.

The forgiven is for not signing those particular players. Other than that no forgiving is required.

mission
08-25-2012, 08:09 PM
^^ Gotcha, my bad..

RashanGary
08-25-2012, 08:57 PM
^^ Gotcha, my bad..
I'll bet 50 against anyone who thinks he'll get less than 4.2 per carry.

mission
08-25-2012, 09:24 PM
I'll bet 50 against anyone who thinks he'll get less than 4.2 per carry.

hopefully we can find some takers :)

Pugger
08-26-2012, 12:17 AM
Thank you TT.

All is forgiven.

Of course the Gonzales deal went south because of KC's GM not TT...

I never wanted Moss. SF can have him as he takes plays off.

Brandon494
08-26-2012, 12:34 AM
Actually I just thought of something, Benson had to face the Steelers and Ravens defense 4 out of 16 games each season. I'm sure that had something to do with his yards per carry as well.

KYPack
08-26-2012, 09:40 AM
Actually I just thought of something, Benson had to face the Steelers and Ravens defense 4 out of 16 games each season. I'm sure that had something to do with his yards per carry as well.

Yer right, Brandon.

Those 4 games will shrink any power back's stats.

The thing I'm looking forward to is Ced starting 2 games against the Bears.

He hates Chicago with all the proper fire.

He ran for 189 against 'em in '09

Iron Mike
08-26-2012, 10:02 AM
The thing I'm looking forward to is Ced starting 2 games against the Bears. He hates Chicago with all the proper fire. He ran for 189 against 'em in '09

The first time I see him plow right over Girlacher, something around here's getting smashed with glee....

Iron Mike
08-26-2012, 10:05 AM
The first time I see him plow right over Girlacher, something around here's getting smashed with glee....

Probably me.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQOYtvr_ph8jedzpIJlQfueS_QFgHomv s8ZNLhIna1WGzhzCuxx7R1an4-p6w

Fritz
08-26-2012, 10:31 AM

Wow. Were our other backs that bad that a grumpin' fumblin' rb is viewed like he's Walter Peyton/Jesus/Abe Lincoln? Is he that good or were Grant and Starks that bad? Or are we all just weird?

mraynrand
08-26-2012, 10:36 AM
Wow. Were our other backs that bad that a grumpin' fumblin' rb is viewed like he's Walter Peyton/Jesus/Abe Lincoln? Is he that good or were Grant and Starks that bad? Or are we all just weird?

All of the above. It's a funny thing when you see a RB with natural talent after watching a long string of serviceable backs. I think it's the contrast that makes Ced look much better than he probably is. But the guy has talent, it's obvious. The other guys weren't Travis Jervy bad, just more like Raymont Harris bleah.

Joemailman
08-26-2012, 10:44 AM

Yer right, Brandon.

Those 4 games will shrink any power back's stats.

The thing I'm looking forward to is Ced starting 2 games against the Bears.

He hates Chicago with all the proper fire.

He ran for 189 against 'em in '09

Affected the stats a little bit. Ran 56 times for 201 yards against Pit/Bal for a 3.6 avg. Ran 216 times for 866 yards against everyone else for a 4.0 average. Didn't run the ball quite as much against those guys. Averaged 14 carries against Pit/Bal abd 18 against everyone else.

pbmax
08-26-2012, 11:51 AM
It's a funny thing when you see a RB with natural talent after watching a long string of serviceable backs.

Preach it Brother Rand. That should be on a stone tablet.

Or a fortune cookie.

Pugger
08-26-2012, 12:01 PM
Probably me.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQOYtvr_ph8jedzpIJlQfueS_QFgHomv s8ZNLhIna1WGzhzCuxx7R1an4-p6w

Is this a picture of you?

mraynrand
08-26-2012, 12:35 PM
Preach it Brother Rand. That should be on a stone tablet.

Or a fortune cookie.

Beware of Japanese Waitress bearing fortune cookies....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKHLqQ_Hi5Q

"You have devastated my Sukiyaki in there!"

rbaloha1
08-26-2012, 12:37 PM
Of course the Gonzales deal went south because of KC's GM not TT...

I never wanted Moss. SF can have him as he takes plays off.

Why is the KC gm to blame and not TT.

Moss would have been with Favre. Both are good friends. BF wanted another super bowl -- never would have allowed Moss to take off plays. Favre was unafraid to get in receiver's faces (ie Sharpe, Schroder, Walker,etc.)

This stuff has no bearing on the current but maybe TT learned from these two minute fiascos.

Iron Mike
08-26-2012, 02:31 PM
Is this a picture of you?

No, that's a result of a Google image search for "Drunken Packer Fan."

pbmax
08-26-2012, 04:02 PM

Moss would have been with Favre. Both are good friends. BF wanted another super bowl -- never would have allowed Moss to take off plays. Favre was unafraid to get in receiver's faces (ie Sharpe, Schroder, Walker,etc.)

This stuff has no bearing on the current but maybe TT learned from these two minute fiascos.

I love when a poster makes the counter argument in their own post. Favre had words with Walker and Sharpe over contracts and neither changed their ways (Walker reported after hiring Rosenhaus). Not sure what you recall about Schroeder, but he never seemed to change much, even with Holmgren grabbing his face mask. And Ferguson never caught on either, despite being called out by the QB.

Hard to promote discipline from Hattiesburg during OTAs and partial vacation from minicamp. Nothing screams organization control and discipline than the QB calling the FA shots. McCarthy might have made it work, but you never know. Woodson bought into it, though he gets a lot of considerations.

Pugger
08-26-2012, 08:08 PM
No, that's a result of a Google image search for "Drunken Packer Fan."

Good. ;-)

mission
08-26-2012, 08:47 PM

Well, I think we're all just weird for starters. Also feel Grant and Starks are decent backs, but this offense always makes them the secondary focus for defenses. The fumble numbers are also a little skewed... someone posted on twitter the fumble per carries numbers of Benson vs Grant and they really weren't much different. Benson has been a workhouse for the last three years. Grant not so much from a volume of carries perspective.

I think a fresh Benson -- IN THIS OFFENSE -- will look like a total stud without the big play potential. I'd say most like Abe Lincoln. Will force honesty. (eh eh?)

Smidgeon
08-27-2012, 11:37 AM

KC's GM and TT agreed on a 3rd rounder for Gonzalez. At the last minute, KC's GM upped the asking price to a second. Having already agreed on a third, TT wasn't budging. Thus, the KC GM bungled that one by being greedy.

rbaloha1
08-27-2012, 12:17 PM
KC's GM and TT agreed on a 3rd rounder for Gonzalez. At the last minute, KC's GM upped the asking price to a second. Having already agreed on a third, TT wasn't budging. Thus, the KC GM bungled that one by being greedy.

Greedy in your opinion. Unsure if an added second round pick would have been wise. This was prior to Finley.

Smidgeon
08-27-2012, 02:55 PM
Greedy in your opinion. Unsure if an added second round pick would have been wise. This was prior to Finley.

I meant greedy in terms of changing the requirements for a trade at the last minute after a deal had already been agreed upon.

pbmax
08-27-2012, 04:40 PM
I meant greedy in terms of changing the requirements for a trade at the last minute after a deal had already been agreed upon.

There was also a public relations aspect to that. No one wants to be labeled as rebuilding and fans and media would pounce on less than equal value in a trade. They eventually got a second round pick but Pioli secured it, not Peterson.

Joemailman
08-27-2012, 05:01 PM

Prior to Finley's emergence as a top TE, but Finley was heading into his 2nd year at the time.