PDA

View Full Version : Start Graham Harrell against Chiefs

Harlan Huckleby
08-26-2012, 10:12 AM
I made a seperate thread for this because I want it to catch Mike McCarthy's eye when he does his daily scan of packerrats.

What is the benefit of playing Aaron Rodgers for a few series? He is already sharp.

Find out whether Harrell can play, or at least get a better idea. That is much more valuable than giving Rodgers some exercise.

Joemailman
08-26-2012, 10:17 AM
You are correct sir. Actually, I don't expect Rodgers to play. The only question is whether the other offensive starters will play much to give Harrell a chance to show what he can do with the starters.

mraynrand
08-26-2012, 10:23 AM
I would suggest starting Cobb instead. We need to know if he can play, so that Harrell can be cut with confidence.

RashanGary
08-26-2012, 10:25 AM
AR and GJ seemed to be singing a different tune.

mraynrand
08-26-2012, 10:30 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5hXtGkzZ9k

ThunderDan
08-26-2012, 10:42 AM
I am guessing that ARod and the important 1s will get one series.

Joemailman
08-26-2012, 10:45 AM

Care to elaborate?

CaptainD
08-26-2012, 11:07 AM
I made a seperate thread for this because I want it to catch Mike McCarthy's eye when he does his daily scan of packerrats.

What is the benefit of playing Aaron Rodgers for a few series? He is already sharp.

Find out whether Harrell can play, or at least get a better idea. That is much more valuable than giving Rodgers some exercise.

Disagree. We sat Rodgers end of last season and came out flat and out of sync.

Jennings and Finley have had limited time to work with Rodgers this pre season. I say 2 series at least to get everyone on the same page then let's see Harrell with the first string so we can see what he really has not that half crap O-line and scab receivers.

We can not come out flat against the Niners..... put up or shut time is near.

Joemailman
08-26-2012, 11:24 AM
Rodgers played one series (9 plays) in the 4th preseason game last year. That's probably what you'll see unless they go 3 and out. If that happens they may get a second series.

pbmax
08-26-2012, 11:54 AM

Jennings and Finley have had limited time to work with Rodgers this pre season. I say 2 series at least to get everyone on the same page then let's see Harrell with the first string so we can see what he really has not that half crap O-line and scab receivers.

I do not believe the first assertion was the result of Rodgers one week off, but I definitely believe the second assertion that Jennings and Finley need some Aaron time this camp.

Pugger
08-26-2012, 11:59 AM

Check highlighted part.

rbaloha1
08-26-2012, 12:31 PM
I would sit down AR completely. AR has until 9/9 to get timing down with first teamers.

Its time for GH to step-up. After watching other backup qbs its clear GH is not playing at the correct tempo. Leadership is lacking.

Should GH have a poor performance the packers could be forced to deal player(s) or a conditional pick for a quality backup.

LegandofthePack15
08-26-2012, 05:12 PM

Sharp? The guy's completing 48% of his passes and he his qb rating is lower than...gasp...Harrell!

No need to worry but Rodgers is far from sharp. Some examples of Rodgers' "unsharpness": He overthrew a wide open Nelson in the endzone in the Cleveland game; that ugly pick where he threw the ball right at ex-Cowboys sensation, Terrence Newman; his last pass vs Cincinnati (4th and short), Nelson ran a slant and was open but Rodgers threw the ball instead to a well-covered Jennings.

I know, preseason games don't mean fuck. In 2010, Rodger was the MVP of the preseason but then proceeded to started the reg. season slow.

Play Rodgers for a couple of series, so to improve his timing with his receivers. Plus, Cedric Benson needs more live reps with the first team.

RashanGary
08-26-2012, 05:16 PM
Sharp? The guy's completing 48% of his passes and he his qb rating is lower than...gasp...Harrell!

No need to worry but Rodgers is far from sharp. Some examples of Rodgers' "unsharpness": He overthrew a wide open Nelson in the endzone in the Cleveland game; that ugly pick where he threw the ball right at ex-Cowboys sensation, Terrence Newman; his last pass vs Cincinnati (4th and short), Nelson ran a slant and was open but Rodgers threw the ball instead to a well-covered Jennings.

I know, preseason games don't mean fuck. In 2010, Rodger was the MVP of the preseason but then proceeded to started the reg. season slow.

Play Rodgers for a couple of series, so to improve his timing with his receivers. Plus, Cedric Benson needs more live reps with the first team.

This

Lurker64
08-26-2012, 05:37 PM
I'd feel a lot better about Graham Harrell if they gave him some snaps behind the #1 OL and he looks competent.