PDA

View Full Version : Driver

rbaloha1
08-26-2012, 12:45 PM
Should DD be part of the opening day 2012 roster?

Joemailman
08-26-2012, 12:55 PM
Yes. Still valuable in 3 and 4 WR sets on 3rd down. Gurley and Borel haven't stepped up.

Freak Out
08-26-2012, 12:58 PM
Yes.

rbaloha1
08-26-2012, 01:04 PM
Yes. Still valuable in 3 and 4 WR sets on 3rd down. Gurley and Borel haven't stepped up.

True like dat.

RashanGary
08-26-2012, 01:13 PM
True like dat.

Borel and Gurley have really been disappointments. Boykin looks like the most talented of those three.

Opening 53, I'm guessing yes. I'm usually in favor of going with younger players than 38 year olds, but in this case, unless they really love Boykin, I imagine they'll keep him.

45 man game day roster? I could make a case for leaving him off of that a time or two.

rbaloha1
08-26-2012, 01:15 PM
Borel and Gurley have really been disappointments. Boykin looks like the most talented of those three.

Opening 53, I'm guessing yes. I'm usually in favor of going with younger players than 38 year olds, but in this case, unless they really love Boykin, I imagine they'll keep him.

45 man game day roster? I could make a case for leaving him off of that a time or two.

Based on the opponent DD could be left on some game day rosters.

Lurker64
08-26-2012, 01:53 PM
Driver is, without a question, the fifth best receiver on this team. The gap between him and #6 is vast in terms of "wide receiver play."

He contributes nothing on STs, and he probably shouldn't take snaps from Cobb and Jones, but he's worth keeping around.

George Cumby
08-26-2012, 01:57 PM
Driver is, without a question, the fifth best receiver on this team. The gap between him and #6 is vast in terms of "wide receiver play."

He contributes nothing on STs, and he probably shouldn't take snaps from Cobb and Jones, but he's worth keeping around.

This.

mraynrand
08-26-2012, 01:59 PM
Should DD be part of the opening day 2012 roster?
:lol:
:twisted:

ThunderDan
08-26-2012, 03:28 PM
TO was just released by the Seahawks. We should bring him in for a tryout and shot at WR.

Joemailman
08-26-2012, 03:32 PM
TO was just released by the Seahawks. We should bring him in for a tryout and shot at WR.

Git er done TT!!

rbaloha1
08-26-2012, 03:42 PM

No way Jose!

Old School
08-26-2012, 06:00 PM
I've been tough on Driver, but I think he makes us better than either Gurley or Borel. Seems the two of them turned out to be one training camp wonders - all promise; no performance. So we'll dance wit dem what brung us.

Patler
08-26-2012, 06:51 PM
No one has given them a reason not to keep Driver, no matter how old he is; and Driver hasn't shown a reason that he doesn't deserve to be on the roster.

Borel dropped the ball both literally and figuratively last week. May have played himself off the team, with a possible chance remaining for a second year on PS, if no one claims him. Gurley hasn't done anything that I have heard of to make TT want to keep him, so he might be in the same boat.

They will probably sign two of Borel, Gurley and Boykin to the practice squad, if they can; and they probably don't care which two it is.

Willard
08-26-2012, 07:05 PM

Actually DD has been valuable on the all-hands onside kick return unit. He had at least one recovery last season. All signs point to another season on the team, albeit in a diminishing role.

Pugger
08-26-2012, 08:07 PM

Good lord. That bozo couldn't make it in Seattle and you think he'd be a contributor in GB? :lol:

pbmax
08-26-2012, 08:09 PM
Good lord. That bozo couldn't make it in Seattle and you think he'd be a contributor in GB? :lol:

Dan was joking.

mraynrand
08-26-2012, 08:11 PM
They will probably sign two of Borel, Gurley and Boykin to the practice squad, if they can; and they probably don't care which two it is.

Do they do 'Rock, Paper, Scissors' at 1265 Lombardi?

ThunderDan
08-26-2012, 08:54 PM
Dan was joking.

What?
:huh:
Did you see TO's numbers from 06,07 & 08? At least 1,000 yards and double digit TDs. Bring him in TT you owe Packer fans a tryout for TO! I don't care if he hasn't been in the league since 2010.

ThunderDan
08-26-2012, 08:55 PM
Dan was joking.

OK, you got me. I am joking.

King Friday
08-26-2012, 09:33 PM
I think they keep Gurley and Driver. Gurley's size will be utilized in the redzone, and he's also a good player on special teams. I think they try to stash Boykin on the PS, but I'm guessing it will difficult for GB to do so because there are some real WR poor teams out there.

Driver is still a good receiver...he's our #5 but could be a #3 on quite a few other teams. I worry about his ability to stay healthy, but with reduced playing time he may be able to last the full season. He certainly will be able to toy with a few dime backs in 5 WR sets this year.

Patler
08-26-2012, 10:54 PM

Do they do 'Rock, Paper, Scissors' at 1265 Lombardi?

All I meant was they will release all three, and not worry about it if one or another is claimed on waivers. Sure, if all three clear they will have a decision to make, but I doubt they will be concerned if only one or two are still available for their practice squad.

Lurker64
08-26-2012, 11:59 PM
All I meant was they will release all three, and not worry about it if one or another is claimed on waivers. Sure, if all three clear they will have a decision to make, but I doubt they will be concerned if only one or two are still available for their practice squad.

Remember that last year, out of the gates, 3/8 of the PS spots were WRs (West, Gurley, and Borel). I could see them keeping 3 initially this year, as well, thinking that sooner or later somebody's going to claim Borel or Gurley (they were both claimed last year.)

I kind of hope they PS Dale Moss, honestly. He's green as can be (only played one year of football at SDSU) but he's one of those smooth yet sudden, explosive basketball guys with wingspan and ball skills. I'd hate to see him end up a star on somebody else's team.

LegandofthePack15
08-27-2012, 01:13 AM

Seriously, I wouldn't mind signing Ochocinco. More weapons on Madden.

rbaloha1
08-27-2012, 10:07 AM
Proof Packer beat writers read this board for ideas -- LOL:grin:

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/even-at-37-driver-seems-like-a-lock-to-make-team-jj6khf1-167507755.html

Tony Oday
08-27-2012, 11:10 AM
I think they should ask AR if he wants him. Really it seems like DD is a nice saftey WR that AR throws too if a series went badly the time before...almost to steady the ship.

Smidgeon
08-27-2012, 11:46 AM
OK, you got me. I am joking.

And a fine attempt at satire. Much appreciated. :)

Smeefers
08-27-2012, 07:56 PM
I'm with the group here saying that no one has takent he job from Driver. If Gorgy or Burgly had done anything, I could of seen us keeping 6 WR's, but those cats just did not perform. Luckily WR's are in plentiful supply in the NFL, so loosing these two projects won't hurt us much at all.

MadtownPacker
08-27-2012, 08:08 PM
Welcome to the forum. Hunger Games huh? Please let everyone know you're an adult or Harlan Huckleby might come after you. He is sorta the resident predator on this forum. I think he even stocks Mike's Hard Lemonade in his fridge.

MadtownPacker
08-27-2012, 08:11 PM
As for DD, how the FUCK are you gonna cut the Dancing King??

Hell yes ask Rodgers and he will probably say "yeah, cut the guy who was the only one catching shit in the cold weather playoff game, dumbass".

mmmdk
08-27-2012, 08:11 PM
Welcome to the forum. Hunger Games huh? Please let everyone know you're an adult or Harlan Huckleby might come after you. He is sorta the resident predator on this forum. I think he even stocks Mike's Hard Lemonade in his fridge.

:lol:

mmmdk
08-27-2012, 08:14 PM

No worries, hunger games! Welcome! :glug: (it's only root beer).

Smidgeon
08-28-2012, 12:00 PM
No worries, hunger games! Welcome! :glug: (it's only root beer).

Sounds like you have yourself a nickname, Hunger Games. Congratulations. Most of us don't get nicknames.

I vote renaming Hunger Game's rat moniker to "Hunger Games Rat". :D

Pugger
08-28-2012, 01:44 PM

That goofball would have issues learning our playbook.

Pugger
08-28-2012, 01:45 PM
I think they should ask AR if he wants him. Really it seems like DD is a nice saftey WR that AR throws too if a series went badly the time before...almost to steady the ship.

Having DD's veteran presence wouldn't hurt either.

woodbuck27
08-28-2012, 02:06 PM

WOW that one will be laughed out of this place. Sad yet it sure seems as if T.O. is done now. This is a surprize to me as he's always tried to be in great shape but that hasn't been extended to his attitude between the ears according to many.

CaptainKickass
08-28-2012, 05:26 PM
You guys are dumb to consider him NOT to be worthy of the opening day roster.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCcvKloTiik

Freak Out
08-28-2012, 05:35 PM
NO PLEASE to either TO or Ocho for fucks sake...let those losers be.

Driver over both of them any day of the week.

Freak Out
08-28-2012, 05:36 PM
You guys are dumb to consider him NOT to be worthy of the opening day roster.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCcvKloTiik

Damn Captain....I forgot how good this was.

pbmax
08-28-2012, 05:49 PM
Fine, I was wrong. He isn't getting the heave ho. Certainly not because Burley or Gorel passed him by.

But let's see what the oldster is doing in November before we crown winners in the predict Drivers future derby.

mmmdk
08-28-2012, 06:48 PM
Sounds like you have yourself a nickname, Hunger Games. Congratulations. Most of us don't get nicknames.

I vote renaming Hunger Game's rat moniker to "Hunger Games Rat". :D

Nice indeed! :tup: