pbmax
08-27-2012, 10:19 AM
Jarius Wynn is gone.

https://twitter.com/TyDunne/status/240100926168387584

KYPack
08-27-2012, 10:25 AM
Jarius Wynn is gone.

Neal and/or Wilson in the last round of cuts?

Other ex-Packs got chopped yesterday.

David Clowney by the Bills

Tyrell Sutton by Seattle.

The Bills are also making a cut today that should be of "Partial" interest to a former poster. Vince Young finally got it. " It" being his release notice from Buffalo.

pbmax
08-27-2012, 11:01 AM
Sign of sticking around for Curenski Gilleylen?

https://twitter.com/WesHod/status/240114969566400512

pbmax
08-27-2012, 11:29 AM
A possibilty:

https://twitter.com/RobDemovsky/status/240122502616080384

Rob Demovsky ‏@RobDemovsky
If the #Packers IR Bishop, PUP Zombo, Quarless, Sherrod and waive/injured Smithson,Bennett, Hoese, Cosby, Jones, Dominguez they'd be at 75.

Smidgeon
08-27-2012, 11:44 AM
Jarius Wynn is gone.

Not surprised at all. I expected him to be the first DL cut.

pbmax
08-27-2012, 12:35 PM
Is it just Green Bay or do all reporters have a fascination about when people will retire?

Thompson just gave a round of interviews over the weekend I would guess and each reporter asked about when he would retire, citing in each instance that Ron Wolf retired when he was 62.

Lurker64
08-27-2012, 01:03 PM
Is it just Green Bay or do all reporters have a fascination about when people will retire?

Can you blame them? These people covered the tail end of Brett Favre's career.

mraynrand
08-27-2012, 02:12 PM

Most O-linemen who have been in the league for more than 5 years or so retire every Monday morning. Then by Wed or Thursday they change their minds. Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

RashanGary
08-27-2012, 05:00 PM
Most O-linemen who have been in the league for more than 5 years or so retire every Monday morning. Then by Wed or Thursday they change their minds. Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

The Packers cut DONALD DRIVER!!!

It would be a total shock if it were true, but it's not.

sheepshead
08-27-2012, 05:10 PM
The Packers placed RB Du’ane Bennett, LB Desmond Bishop, TE DeMarco Cosby, G Ray Dominguez, DE Johnny Jones and WR Shaky Smithson on injured reserve. TE Andrew Quarless and LB Frank Zombo were placed on reserve/physically unable to perform.

Green Bay released FB Jon Hoese and DE Jarius Wynn.

Lurker64
08-27-2012, 05:10 PM
Here are the moves the Packers made to get to 75:

The Packers placed RB Du’ane Bennett, LB Desmond Bishop, TE DeMarco Cosby, G Ray Dominguez, DE Johnny Jones and WR Shaky Smithson on injured reserve. TE Andrew Quarless and LB Frank Zombo were placed on reserve/physically unable to perform.

Green Bay released FB Jon Hoese and DE Jarius Wynn.

What on earth does Shaky Smithson have on the people at 1265 that we've put him on IR instead of cutting him two years in a row, despite showing nothing in either practices or games?

Joemailman
08-27-2012, 05:14 PM
Here are the moves the Packers made to get to 75:

What on earth does Shaky Smithson have on the people at 1265 that we've put him on IR instead of cutting him two years in a row, despite showing nothing in either practices or games?

Don't they sometimes put guys on IR until an injury settlement can be worked out and then release them?

RashanGary
08-27-2012, 05:17 PM
Well, that was easy. Looks like they plan on Sherrod making it back sometime before week 8

Lurker64
08-27-2012, 05:49 PM
Don't they sometimes put guys on IR until an injury settlement can be worked out and then release them?

Yeah, I guess you can't cut a guy who's injured (it's against the rules) but Shaky has a talent for getting injured at cut-down time, I guess.

Patler
08-27-2012, 05:51 PM

Yup. Since the injury settlement is a negotiated amount intended to cover the weeks during which the player won't be cleared physically, it sometimes takes a couple days or more to reach agreement. Players often get their own independent medial evaluations before agreeing to anything.

Patler
08-27-2012, 05:54 PM
Well, that was easy. Looks like they plan on Sherrod making it back sometime before week 8

Or they want a few more days to decide. He could still be put on PUP in the next cutdown.

Lurker64
08-27-2012, 05:55 PM
Yup. Since the injury settlement is a negotiated amount intended to cover the weeks during which the player won't be cleared physically, it sometimes takes a couple days or more to reach agreement. Players often get their own independent medial evaluations before agreeing to anything.

A player can refuse to negotiate an injury settlement, right, in which case he remains on IR? IIRC that's what happened to Josh Bell a couple years ago, and the reason why they didn't give him a Super Bowl ring, they had wanted to part ways with him midseason but Bell's representation declined.

Patler
08-27-2012, 06:03 PM
A player can refuse to negotiate an injury settlement, right, in which case he remains on IR? IIRC that's what happened to Josh Bell a couple years ago, and the reason why they didn't give him a Super Bowl ring, they had wanted to part ways with him midseason but Bell's representation declined.

Yes, the player has that option, take his salary and sit the year. By agreeing to an injury settlement, he can try to restart is career that same year by signing with another team.

RashanGary
08-27-2012, 06:23 PM
That was so uneventful. The last preseason game will be interesting to see a few of the young guys we'll be counting on. Maybe one of the young undrafted standouts really shows up (Boykin, Van Rotten, and others.)

This Friday will be interesting. After that, it's get ready for the season mode.

Joemailman
08-27-2012, 07:14 PM
That was so uneventful. The last preseason game will be interesting to see a few of the young guys we'll be counting on. Maybe one of the young undrafted standouts really shows up (Boykin, Van Rotten, and others.)

This Friday will be interesting. After that, it's get ready for the season mode.

Dale Moss has some really nice catches in practice today. So did Boykin although he also had a bad drop.

Smeefers
08-27-2012, 07:44 PM
Well, hopefully the next round of cuts includes James Jones and DD so we can keep borlie and gurleson. Hawk should be gone too... That Moses is a beast! I hear Sam Shields is on the outs as well. We should really make some room for a decent offensive lineman too, so perhaps EDS will get cut too. Lets not forget Starks and Saine. Now that we have a 57 year old Cedric Benson, we can toss those run of the mill backs. Last but not least, Grahm Harrell. That sucker is gone. Did I miss anyone?

pbmax
08-27-2012, 08:26 PM
Derek Sherrod is my leading candidate to win the Bruce Wilkerson Memorial Thanks For Saving Our Ass Award for the 2012 season.

Right after Cedric Benson.

imscott72
08-27-2012, 08:30 PM
Well, hopefully the next round of cuts includes James Jones and DD so we can keep borlie and gurleson. Hawk should be gone too... That Moses is a beast! I hear Sam Shields is on the outs as well. We should really make some room for a decent offensive lineman too, so perhaps EDS will get cut too. Lets not forget Starks and Saine. Now that we have a 57 year old Cedric Benson, we can toss those run of the mill backs. Last but not least, Grahm Harrell. That sucker is gone. Did I miss anyone?

I assume this is sarcasm?

Bretsky
08-27-2012, 08:30 PM
Derek Sherrod is my leading candidate to win the Bruce Wilkerson Memorial Thanks For Saving Our Ass Award for the 2012 season.

That would be better and Justin Harrell the 2nd

Smeefers
08-27-2012, 08:45 PM
I assume this is sarcasm?

Well, obviously not GOOD sarcasm. Jeez. I'm rusty.

rbaloha1
08-27-2012, 11:10 PM
The recent moves show the final roster battles.

Wide receiver and secondary cuts and keeps should bring the most "oohs and aahs."

Little Whiskey
08-27-2012, 11:33 PM
looks like they found another cut.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0ap2000000055551/Rodgers-is-a-victim-of-locker-room-hijinks?module=HP11_headline_stack

what the hell, click the link and see the pie to the face WIN

Smidgeon
08-28-2012, 12:03 PM

:D

Pugger
08-28-2012, 01:40 PM

:lol:

imscott72
08-28-2012, 09:01 PM

Just making sure. I've seen some crazy shit posted from time to time.. :)