PDA

View Full Version : Ouch!

b bulldog
08-19-2006, 05:30 PM
On TMJ's pregame show, Cliff Cristl was being interviewed and said that Greg Jennings looks to be the best player in a Packer uniform and commented that if Green plays well, he sees 7-9 as a celing for this team but more than likely sees the Packers winning 4 or 5 games. His view on Jennings being the best player in camp was seconded this week by the guy who has a show on 1530am out of Appleton at 3pm. He has visited camp and said the same thing. This sounds pretty bad for the season to come so hopefully some players start to stand up and play their asses off.

Packnut
08-19-2006, 05:34 PM
On paper, only a lunatic would believe we have a chance at being .500, however the great thing about this game is ya gotta play em and who knows? We get a bounce our way here or there and ya just never know.

b bulldog
08-19-2006, 05:35 PM
I think we will be much better come week 17 than we will be week one.

Packnut
08-19-2006, 05:36 PM
I think we will be much better come week 17 than we will be week one.

Yeah I agree, but I sure would like to be good enough week 1 to whupp the Bears!

Joemailman
08-19-2006, 05:38 PM
I just don't understand why some people think this team will be no better than last year. Do they think we'll lose all of our running backs to injuries again? Do they think whoever is our RG will be as bad as Whitticker? Do they not think that Charles Woodson is an upgrade over Carroll? Do they not think that Hawk will be an upgrade over Robert Thomas? Worse case scenario, I see the Packers winning 6 games. Best case scenario would be 9.

b bulldog
08-19-2006, 05:40 PM
I think 6 wins is realistic although with all the youth, who knows!

red
08-19-2006, 05:41 PM
this is really a glass half full or half empty type of thing

if you think the glass is half full you say. we were a team devestated by injuries last year, those guys are back and should be healthy. we got rid of some problem players and replaced them with some pretty good players. we also have a nice influx of talented rookies that should be able to help us win.

or

half empty

we got rid of some of the guys that helped us win 4 games last year and replaced them with a bunch of question marks. also we are in such bad shape that we have to start a handfull of rookies

the half full crowd says it can only get better from last year, this team will turn heads and maybe make a playoff run

the half empty crowd says this team hasn't done much to fix the problems from last year by bringing in high profile free agents, and favre is too old. this team will win less then they did last year because green and woodson are just going to get hit like usual and favre will throw between 25 and 30 ints. plus with all the rookies and second year guys, we're just screwed

Packnut
08-19-2006, 05:48 PM
this is really a glass half full or half empty type of thing

if you think the glass is half full you say. we were a team devestated by injuries last year, those guys are back and should be healthy. we got rid of some problem players and replaced them with some pretty good players. we also have a nice influx of talented rookies that should be able to help us win.

or

half empty

we got rid of some of the guys that helped us win 4 games last year and replaced them with a bunch of question marks. also we are in such bad shape that we have to start a handfull of rookies

the half full crowd says it can only get better from last year, this team will turn heads and maybe make a playoff run

the half empty crowd says this team hasn't done much to fix the problems from last year by bringing in high profile free agents, and favre is too old. this team will win less then they did last year because green and woodson are just going to get hit like usual and favre will throw between 25 and 30 ints. plus with all the rookies and second year guys, we're just screwed

I think a good showing tonight would go a long way in bringing the half empty crowd to the half full crowd. :smile:

packrulz
08-19-2006, 05:59 PM
My glass always starts out full, then it's half empty, then it's empty and I have to get another one. :smile: The schedule is easier this year, especially in the first half, so if they get off to a good start I think they'll win a least 8 games. It's funny, the Vikings got rid of Culpecker, Moss, most of their RB's, & lost Koren Robinson, yet the writers think they'll be pretty good.

Rastak
08-19-2006, 06:07 PM
My glass always starts out full, then it's half empty, then it's empty and I have to get another one. :smile: The schedule is easier this year, especially in the first half, so if they get off to a good start I think they'll win a least 8 games. It's funny, the Vikings got rid of Culpecker, Moss, most of their RB's, & lost Koren Robinson, yet the writers think they'll be pretty good.

They should have a solid O-line and D-line which goes a long way toward winning games. Also, Moss and Culpepper were good but flawed players. Moss plays when he feels like it...the melt down on Monday night sure looked familiar. Culpepper was very inconsistent. What running backs did they lose? Bennett? Nice guy, very limited runnign back. Moe Williams? 100 years old. They aquired a guy who played very well last year in Chester Taylor and they still have their young backs in Moore and Fason. Not wure where you are coming from on that comment....anyway, enjoy the game tonight.

edit: Koren Robinson loss does stink a lot on kick returns.

packrulz
08-19-2006, 06:31 PM
No offense Rastak, I was just trying to point out that every team changes players. I think both teams are similar because they both have new coaches, are installing a new offense, have new players, & etc. But, the Vikings have looked better so far. That's why I feel sort of uneasy about this game today. I hope they can run the ball today.

Rastak
08-19-2006, 06:37 PM
No offense Rastak, I was just trying to point out that every team changes players. I think both teams are similar because they both have new coaches, are installing a new offense, have new players, & etc. But, the Vikings have looked better so far. That's why I feel sort of uneasy about this game today. I hope they can run the ball today.

Hey no problem packrulz, just pointing out a few things....I'll be honest, I don't have a good feel yet for either team right now....todays games will give us a slightly clearer picture.

packrulz
08-19-2006, 06:39 PM
I see the Bears pounded on San Diego, that's not very comforting either. Who do the Vikings play?

Rastak
08-19-2006, 06:40 PM
World Champion Steelers on the road..... :smile:

Debut of the purple pants.....70's pimp stuff should be very cool...I love funk.

MadtownPacker
08-19-2006, 07:00 PM
Rastak, you never said that about moss and pepper before!!!

They can go 3-2 in the first five games and who knows how the second half finishes out. The division aint looking so dominating.

esoxx
08-19-2006, 08:26 PM

They should have a solid O-line and D-line which goes a long way toward winning games. Also, Moss and Culpepper were good but flawed players. Moss plays when he feels like it...the melt down on Monday night sure looked familiar. Culpepper was very inconsistent. What running backs did they lose? Bennett? Nice guy, very limited runnign back. Moe Williams? 100 years old. They aquired a guy who played very well last year in Chester Taylor and they still have their young backs in Moore and Fason. Not wure where you are coming from on that comment....anyway, enjoy the game tonight.

edit: Koren Robinson loss does stink a lot on kick returns.

Ras, how's Faison looking this year? He got a chance to start? I think the guy holds some promise if he gets some PT.

FavreChild
08-19-2006, 10:10 PM
Rastak, I do not like the purple monochrome pants. Are those supposed to be little white horns instead of stripes on the side??

But then again, that doesn't have much to do with anything, huh?

Jimx29
08-19-2006, 10:13 PM
As long as they kick everyone else's asses in the north, i'll be content, and i don't see any reason why they can't win all of them

fvck Cristl......he only writes shit like that to get a rise out of the fanbase. Me thinks he's logged in here right now reading this thread/forum........*nodsnods*