PDA

View Full Version : Karlos Dansby

Iron Mike
08-28-2012, 08:02 PM
I was listening to WDUZ on the way home from work tonight, and a topic of discussion was the fact that Philbin in Miami doesn't have a starting-caliber receiver on the team, while we have a glut of receivers.

http://www.thefan1075.com/

They went on to talk about possible trades w/the Dolphins, and mention was made of the fact that Karlos Dansby seems to be unhappy with the situation in Miami and could possibly be traded:

http://phinphanatic.com/2012/08/27/will-dolphins-karlos-dansby-be-next-veteran-out-the-door/

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/46939/karlos-dansby-questions-dolphins-direction

What say you, Packer Rat Nation? Would a trade be doable? And who would we trade??

Bretsky
08-28-2012, 08:23 PM
I was listening to WDUZ on the way home from work tonight, and a topic of discussion was the fact that Philbin in Miami doesn't have a starting-caliber receiver on the team, while we have a glut of receivers.

http://www.thefan1075.com/

They went on to talk about possible trades w/the Dolphins, and mention was made of the fact that Karlos Dansby seems to be unhappy with the situation in Miami and could possibly be traded:

http://phinphanatic.com/2012/08/27/will-dolphins-karlos-dansby-be-next-veteran-out-the-door/

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/46939/karlos-dansby-questions-dolphins-direction

What say you, Packer Rat Nation? Would a trade be doable? And who would we trade??

Dear Ted

Trade James Jones and a draft pick for Karlos Dansby

Of course, this is where Patler probably comes in and tells me the terrible cap ramifications of doing so.

If that is the case I take it back in advance :))

Brandon494
08-28-2012, 09:09 PM
Not going to happen, they just spent a 1st rounder on Perry and they like the potential Moses is showing. TT isn't going to take snaps away from those guys.

mraynrand
08-28-2012, 09:14 PM
Isn't Dansby a 4-3 OLB anyway? We want someone inside who can replace Hawk suckitude.

rbaloha1
08-28-2012, 10:03 PM
Wonder if he could play de?

Brandon494
08-28-2012, 10:04 PM
Nah hes a 3-4 OLB, hes the LB that scored the winning TD against us for the Cardinals in the 09 wildcard game. :smack:

Brandon494
08-28-2012, 10:06 PM
Wonder if he could play de?

No chance

mraynrand
08-28-2012, 10:34 PM
Nah hes a 3-4 OLB, hes the LB that scored the winning TD against us for the Cardinals in the 09 wildcard game. :smack:

Sure, who could forget - but for some reason I though they were playing 4-3. Either way, he wouldn't solve our real problem at LB, and might add-a-tude problem.

Lurker64
08-29-2012, 12:50 AM

I was under the impression that Dansby was an ILB in a 30 front, not an OLB.

Wikipedia Concurs:

On March 5, 2010, Dansby signed with the Miami Dolphins to a five-year, $43 million contract with $22 million guaranteed, which made it the richest contract for an inside linebacker in NFL history until Patrick Willis signed a five-year, $50 million contract.

mraynrand
08-29-2012, 01:14 AM

Wikipedia Concurs:

I gotta go look at some film...

Brandon494
08-29-2012, 02:16 AM

Wikipedia Concurs:

I remember him playing OLB for the Cardinals so I just figured he played that same position for the Fins but apparently he has switched to the inside.

Found this on a Miami fan board:

Dansby played both OLB and ILB in Arizona where he displayed keen awareness, an ability to rush the passer, and great quickness in coverage. So my question is, with our deficiencies at both positions, will he be playing ILB or OLB here? I know anything at this point is simply speculation, however I'm expecting him to be an ILB although he has the ability to play any of the 4 LB spots.

I wonder if Miami would be willing to trade Hawk for Dansby straight up. :satan:

Fritz
08-29-2012, 06:08 AM
With that size contract, ain't no way Ted takes that on. He's trying to figure out how to keep Rodgers, Matthews, Raji and mebbe Jennings.

Pugger
08-29-2012, 06:17 AM
Isn't Dansby a 4-3 OLB anyway? We want someone inside who can replace Hawk suckitude.

I thought we wanted someone to replace Harrell's suckitude...

KYPack
08-29-2012, 07:39 AM
I thought Dansby was an OLB in a 30 myself.

Agree with Fritz, his pay ticket is too big for our salary structure.

He crabbed a little when when the Fins cut Chad.

That doesn't mean he is out and trade bait.

Packers4Glory
08-29-2012, 09:45 AM
I'm gonna say that he's a little too outspoken for TT or MM. fat chance of them even looking to trade for Dansby.

smuggler
08-30-2012, 10:13 PM
It makes sense for the Phins to want to be rid of him, but not for us to want him.

mission
08-30-2012, 10:18 PM
Jones and Hawk for Dansby. Does that help from a salary perspective?

smuggler
08-31-2012, 01:30 AM
No, because of the accelerated signing bonus hit to the salary cap, that would cost us more in 2012. I just don't think Dansby is worth the money when we have key guys coming up on FA in the next year or so.

Iron Mike
10-16-2012, 07:28 AM
I'm all for trading Jerdroppedpass Finley to Miami for him.....

3irty1
10-16-2012, 07:41 AM
Dansby is a middle linebacker not an OLB especially in a 3-4. A trade could make sense with the DJ Smith injury.

Joemailman
10-16-2012, 07:48 AM
I haven't followed the Dansby story. Why does Miami want to get rid of him, and why would the Packers want a guy who Miami wants to get rid of?

hoosier
10-16-2012, 07:57 AM
Jones and Hawk for Dansby. Does that help from a salary perspective?

Not doing this to pick on you, just to point out how quickly things can change in the NFL. Through the roller coaster first six weeks, nobody on the team (with the execption of their two legit superstars) has outperformed these two.

Packers4Glory
10-16-2012, 08:04 AM
I'd trade Finley at this point. too bad this isn't fantasy football. it's easier to trade.

Patler
10-16-2012, 10:12 AM
From March 2010, Miami newspaper:

The Miami Dolphins will pay free agent linebacker Karlos Dansby more than $16 million this year, according to the Website for the NFL Players Association.

That breaks down as an $11.6 million signing bonus, plus $4.8 million in base salary. The remainder of Dansby’s five-year, $43 million contract ($22 million guaranteed) breaks down as follows: $2.7 million in 2011, $8.8 million in 2012, $6.05 million in 2013 and $9.05 million in 2014.

pbmax
10-16-2012, 10:36 AM
I haven't followed the Dansby story. Why does Miami want to get rid of him, and why would the Packers want a guy who Miami wants to get rid of?

I don't think anyone was to serious about this, especially so with the bump. Mostly a joke on all the trade James Jones or Matt Flynn talk. It took off once it was clear we weren't going to get Joe Thomas.

Patler
10-16-2012, 10:41 AM
It took off once it was clear we weren't going to get Joe Thomas.

Damn Ted Thompson, just can't pull the trigger! :lol:

Guiness
10-16-2012, 03:56 PM
The accelerated signing bonus thing really puts a crimp on any top shelf players being traded. Maybe that's by design, to avoid the mercenary feel baseball, and to a lesser extent, hockey.

Is the exchange of money as part of trade forbidden? If they wanted it to be possible, a team could give money to the team giving up the player that would go into their cap, and be pro-rated against the cap of the team receiving the player? I'm guessing they don't want it, or you'd see trades like Denver sending Manning to SF at the deadline, totally screwing up the continuity of the season.

smuggler
10-16-2012, 04:18 PM
Jones is leading the league in receiving TDs, so I think we should trade someone else.

Tony Oday
10-16-2012, 07:12 PM
Perfect time to Trade Jones I think! Cmon if we can get a stud LB for a WR that is finally performing decent? I say do it!

mission
10-16-2012, 07:21 PM
Not doing this to pick on you, just to point out how quickly things can change in the NFL. Through the roller coaster first six weeks, nobody on the team (with the execption of their two legit superstars) has outperformed these two.

Ha, yeah, I was actually going to quote that post until I saw you did. Big change in no time. Both of those guys are playing like grown men.

pbmax
10-16-2012, 07:45 PM
Yep, fantasy football teaches us to trade players at their highest public regard. Jones has to go in the next two weeks.

hoosier
10-16-2012, 08:09 PM
It would be the mother of all ironies if, at the end of the year, the Packers can no longer afford to re-sign James Jones but can get Jennings to reup for a cool $5M/year because of lingering health concerns and declining productivity.

Iron Mike
01-08-2014, 05:59 PM
Check out my boy's 2013 stats:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/5558/karlos-dansby

Hindsight being 20/20, it probably would have been nice to have a LBer not name CMIII with 6.5 sacks and 4 ints.....

HarveyWallbangers
01-08-2014, 06:27 PM
He set a career high for tackles, interceptions, and pass deflections. He also had the second most sacks in his career. Dude had a career year at the ripe old age of 32. Kind of funny, but his stats before this year were almost identical to A.J. Hawk's stats this year. He'd generally be good for 110 tackles, 4 sacks, 1-2 interceptions, 7 stuffs, and 4 pass deflections--which is almost identical to Hawk's 118 tackles, 5 sacks, 1 interception, 7 stuffs, and 4 pass deflections. And they both have played mostly at LILB in a 3-4 defense.

Brandon494
01-08-2014, 11:35 PM
He set a career high for tackles, interceptions, and pass deflections. He also had the second most sacks in his career. Dude had a career year at the ripe old age of 32. Kind of funny, but his stats before this year were almost identical to A.J. Hawk's stats this year. He'd generally be good for 110 tackles, 4 sacks, 1-2 interceptions, 7 stuffs, and 4 pass deflections--which is almost identical to Hawk's 118 tackles, 5 sacks, 1 interception, 7 stuffs, and 4 pass deflections. And they both have played mostly at LILB in a 3-4 defense.

Of Dansby 122 tackles only 8 of them were assists tackles. Of AJ Hawks 118 tackles, 44 of those were assists. Can't really go by stats to compare the two but they are night and day different players. Dansby is three times the play maker Hawk is.

mraynrand
01-09-2014, 01:45 AM
Of Dansby 122 tackles only 8 of them were assists tackles. Of AJ Hawks 118 tackles, 44 of those were assists. Can't really go by stats to compare the two but they are night and day different players. Dansby is three times the play maker Hawk is.

3 x 0 = 0