pbmax
09-01-2012, 12:52 PM
So far

Greg Van Roten
Brandon Bostick
BJ Coleman

pbmax
09-01-2012, 12:56 PM
News for Nick Macdonald fans, Patriots just signed a waived Saints center Matt Tennant. The O line in Foxboro seems always in flux.

Smidgeon
09-01-2012, 01:12 PM
Surprised the Pack didn't sign Genus back. Does this mean they decided he doesn't have "it" anymore for the center position?

Smidgeon
09-01-2012, 01:13 PM
And glad the Pack got to keep Coleman.

Fritz
09-01-2012, 01:18 PM
Both Andrew Datko and Sampson Genus can blame Patler and his Atlas Herrion Curse.

pbmax
09-01-2012, 01:18 PM
Marcus Dixon anyone? DL from the Jets just released. If the Jets have anything, its DL and linebackers.

pbmax
09-01-2012, 01:20 PM
Lawrence Guy signed to Packer's PS.

pbmax
09-01-2012, 01:30 PM
Diondre Borel back on PS.

pbmax
09-01-2012, 01:34 PM
Pete Dougherty says his source indicates no Packer cuts were claimed by other teams.

packers11
09-01-2012, 01:39 PM
Pete Dougherty says his source indicates no Packer cuts were claimed by other teams.

I think people over-hyped Borel and Gurley. Miami is in desperate need of receivers, Philbin knows the packers roster better than anyone... Don't you think he would make a claim on atleast one of them if they were as good as some people made them out to be...

Harlan Huckleby
09-01-2012, 01:54 PM
BJ! BJ! BJ!

AtlPackFan
09-01-2012, 02:32 PM
Tweet from VikingsNow (retweeted by 1250 WSSP) says Tori Gurley on Vikings practice squad

Bretsky
09-01-2012, 02:41 PM
Both Andrew Datko and Sampson Genus can blame Patler and his Atlas Herrion Curse.

Nothing can overpower the curse of da Patlerizer

rbaloha1
09-01-2012, 02:46 PM
I think people over-hyped Borel and Gurley. Miami is in desperate need of receivers, Philbin knows the packers roster better than anyone... Don't you think he would make a claim on atleast one of them if they were as good as some people made them out to be...

It is sure looking that way. Gurley's big deal is size. Poor route runner.

Borel just needs to catch the easy passes.

Brandon494
09-01-2012, 03:12 PM

Yup, everyone wanted to kick old man Driver to the curb for two unproven guys who have yet to play a down in the NFL. :roll:

Tony Oday
09-01-2012, 03:16 PM
I am surprised there wasnt a bus in Green Bay to Minneapolis for the Packer cuts...

pbmax
09-01-2012, 03:23 PM
Weird, Gurley reported to be headed to Vikes but Packers still had exclusive negotiating rights. For 6 minutes. The things you learn on Twitter.

Dunne has a source that says Dale Moss may not be headed to Packers practice squad.

denverYooper
09-01-2012, 03:24 PM
Datko signed to the PS

pbmax
09-01-2012, 03:25 PM
Datko back on team on PS.

Further Dunne Tweets make it sound like his source was a Packers source, saying Dale Moss won't be back with team.

Marc Tyler on PS.

rbaloha1
09-01-2012, 03:52 PM
Datko is promsing. Very good feet.

CaliforniaCheez
09-01-2012, 04:02 PM
Whenever I here Datko, I think of the Batman Theme..... Datko......Datko.....Datko.

Fritz
09-02-2012, 06:01 AM
Glad Datko and Guy are on.

pbmax
09-02-2012, 08:18 AM
Whenever I here Datko, I think of the Batman Theme..... Datko......Datko.....Datko.

I'm thinking onomatopoeia.

POW!

BAM!

DATKO!

Patler
09-02-2012, 09:05 AM

Don't forget Levine. He received the Atlas Herrion endorsement individually last year. Datko and Genus shared the endorsement this year.

Patler
09-02-2012, 09:23 AM

I have mentioned off and on for the last couple weeks that the odds were the Packers would have an opportunity to sign anyone they wanted from their last cuts to the practice squad. In recent years it has become less and less common for a team to outright sign another teams cut to their 53 man final roster. Teams want to have a chance to work with a player before putting him on the 53 man roster. A few year ago, that wasn't the case and teams would cut below 53 and sign someone else. That is how the Packers got Bush.

If you look at the way it works now, the tendencies seem to be:

-teams would sign players from the first cutdown, because they had some training camp left to work with them. However, even that seems to have happened less this year, probably because there was very little time between the first and the final cutdown.

- teams will offer PS contracts to other teams' waived players, may practice them for a few weeks, then sign them to their 53 man roster a few weeks later.

That is why I said the Packers would have an opportunity to sign any of their cutdowns to the PS. The question would be whether or not the player would accept, or go elsewhere like McDonald did last year and Gurley apparently did this year.

Teams are now valuing players they have worked with over players they see only on tape. They use the PS as the vehicle for personal evaluation, and there seems to be more and more movement with PS players. Teams will sign someone and cut them just a week or two later when they bring someone else in.

pbmax
09-02-2012, 12:12 PM

That is why I said the Packers would have an opportunity to sign any of their cutdowns to the PS. The question would be whether or not the player would accept, or go elsewhere like McDonald did last year and Gurley apparently did this year.

Teams are now valuing players they have worked with over players they see only on tape. They use the PS as the vehicle for personal evaluation, and there seems to be more and more movement with PS players. Teams will sign someone and cut them just a week or two later when they bring someone else in.

I agree this is more and more true, but rebuilding teams are still playing scouting player roulette. The Colts, Bucs, Vikes, Jags and Jets and for some reason the Seahawks and Eagles.

Iron Mike
09-02-2012, 01:28 PM
I'm thinking onomatopoeia.

POW!

BAM!

DATKO!

http://sparkleshock.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/serie_eeeyow.jpg

Patler
09-02-2012, 05:20 PM
I agree this is more and more true, but rebuilding teams are still playing scouting player roulette. The Colts, Bucs, Vikes, Jags and Jets and for some reason the Seahawks and Eagles.

Sure, a couple teams were very active with waiver claims. But in the end, waiver claims were submitted on only about 4% or so of the final roster cuts. The chances of any Packer cut, let alone several of them being claimed was remote. It just doesn't happen much any more.

Fritz
09-03-2012, 06:45 AM
I wonder if this is in part a consequence of seeing the success of the Packers' "draft and develop" system.

Joemailman
09-03-2012, 12:13 PM
Packers add G/T Chris Scott to PS.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/168376236.html

Guiness
09-03-2012, 04:31 PM
I'm a little surprised Borel made the practice squad. He had the training from being on it all of last year, then went through TC and didn't make the team even though we kept an 'extra' WR...getting beat out by a UDFA. They aren't even keeping him around in case of an injury to a WR, as they already have a replacement on the 53! Seems to me like his chance is about used up.

I think Coleman bears watching.

smuggler
09-04-2012, 12:47 PM
I think Borel is the most gifted of the three (Gurley, Borel, Boykin) that's probably the reason he made the PS. They want to see if he can hone his skills a bit.

Guiness
09-04-2012, 12:52 PM
I think Borel is the most gifted of the three (Gurley, Borel, Boykin) that's probably the reason he made the PS. They want to see if he can hone his skills a bit.

Boykin's on the 53, isn't he?

pbmax
09-04-2012, 02:07 PM
Packers add G/T Chris Scott to PS.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/168376236.html

Someone pointed out that 6' 5", 332 Lbs. Scott was an inch shorter and 13 pounds lighter at his last stop. The weight would be easy to buy, but height?

smuggler
09-04-2012, 02:10 PM
Yeah, he is.

Patler
09-04-2012, 02:58 PM
Someone pointed out that 6' 5", 332 Lbs. Scott was an inch shorter and 13 pounds lighter at his last stop. The weight would be easy to buy, but height?

Ya, one good Wisconsin meal could account for the 13 extra pounds but not an inch increased height!

Patler
09-04-2012, 03:01 PM
Some years TT has been pretty active with practice squad changes early in the year. He will bring guys in for a week or two, release them and sign someone else. I wouldn't be surprised to see Scott released next week or the week after.

Guiness
09-04-2012, 03:41 PM

Platform shoes back in style?

Joemailman
09-04-2012, 03:43 PM
So excited to be in Green Bay he's walking on air.

Guiness
09-04-2012, 03:44 PM
So excited to be in Green Bay he's walking on air.

oh! good one! lol

Patler
09-04-2012, 04:07 PM

Tennessee had him even bigger in college, 6'5", 346 Lbs.

http://www.utsports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/scott_chris00.html

McCarthy commented on his size in a press conference.

“Just had an opportunity to watch Chris Scott play in the last game, the Pittsburgh-Carolina game, and I thought he played very well,” said McCarthy. “It was probably his best performance of the preseason, just in my opinion in viewing the tape with the personnel department Saturday. He’s definitely a young man. He spent three years in Pittsburgh and we feel it was important to bring him in and take a look at him. Physically, there’s a lot to like. I thought he played very well in that game and I’m excited he’s here.”

pbmax
09-04-2012, 04:13 PM
Tennessee had him even bigger in college, 6'5", 346 Lbs.

http://www.utsports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/scott_chris00.html

McCarthy commented on his size in a press conference.

Maybe it was LOST 13 pounds and gained an inch.

Packers4Glory
09-04-2012, 04:42 PM
i'm not sure why they wasted a PS spot w/ a TE but whatever.

I am excited Datko got a spot. I look for him to make a big jump next yr if he can get thru this one healthy. Lots of promise in my opinion.

Patler
09-04-2012, 05:42 PM
As some of you might remember from the Super Bowl discussions, I know someone very well who worked for the Steelers (until recently). Worked directly with the players. I asked about Scott, and was just told he is a very, very nice young man.

Maybe that was his problem in Pittsburgh, he is too nice. The same has been said of Marshall Newhouse.

Patler
09-04-2012, 05:43 PM

Because you never know when you might need a 6th one!

Joemailman
09-04-2012, 06:31 PM

Probably because all of their TE's have missed significant time in the preseason with injuries. Last week they had LB's taking reps at TE because they were so short on players at that position.

Fritz
09-05-2012, 05:24 AM
They've got position coaches. They've got strength coaches. Maybe they need to hire Frankie "Bag O' Donuts" as the asshole coach.

pbmax
09-05-2012, 08:46 AM
Because you never know when you might need a 6th one!

Its going to happen. The Patriots are working out Kellen Winslow.

They also dropped the center they picked up so Nick Macdonald is back to backup center, if he ever left.

RashanGary
09-05-2012, 08:58 AM

They also dropped the center they picked up so Nick Macdonald is back to backup center, if he ever left.

His official height at his proday was 6'4 and 5/8ths.

Packers4Glory
09-05-2012, 09:06 AM

pats are going to go w/ 2 and 1 WR w/ 3 TE sets apparently.

Patler
09-05-2012, 09:11 AM

I'm not sure what the Patriots are doing at center. They now have Connolly listed as the starter, after having him listed as a starting guard during the preseason. Wendell is listed as #2 at center, McDonald #3.

pbmax
09-05-2012, 04:53 PM
Pats failed Winslow on physical. Also sent Shiancoe to IR-DTR (Designated To Return as opposed to Do Not Resuscitate). They might be down to 4 TEs.

Guiness
09-05-2012, 10:03 PM
The soldier failed his physical? I didn't think that was the problem, he hasn't been injured these past few years. Guy sure was a flash in the pan for someone who was talked about as an HOFer before his first NFL snap.

Don't worry about the Patriot's TE numbers. They picked up Hoomanawanui at St-Louis released him.