PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys -v- Giants

RashanGary
09-05-2012, 08:42 PM
I'm shocked at how well the Cowboys are playing. For all the penalties Dallas has with that new center in there, they're hanging in.

Defenses have had most of the big plays. Fun game to watch though.

Whoa, nice catch by Dez Bryant.

RashanGary
09-05-2012, 08:43 PM
It's hard to watch Witten out there. He was 'this close' to getting a lickin on his spleen. Ick. Must admit, I love the Dallas draw game.

pbmax
09-05-2012, 08:45 PM
I can't believe they let him play.

Romo isn't finding many receivers open. The Giants secondary doesn't get as much credit as they deserve. Not otherworldly, but good when healthy.

RashanGary
09-05-2012, 08:48 PM
Wow, that throw by Romo was amazing. He's really improved since the last time I watched him. He even looks calmer out there, 'cept that interception with Pierre Paul coming right up the middle. Just a dumb throw. Should have laid down there.

pbmax
09-05-2012, 08:49 PM
That was a play right out of Rodgers/McCarthy and Bryant ran a nice route.

RashanGary
09-05-2012, 08:49 PM
Maybe he's popping Xanax before the games now.

RashanGary
09-05-2012, 08:50 PM

Yep. Romos good plays look exactly like AR, that throw, that route, in particular. He just has way more bad throws.

Wow, Romo is the best player on the field tonight. . . Shocked. Aboslutely shocked. Maybe Dallas has finally got it together. Either that or the Giants are just playing bad football. Probably the biggest shock is that the Cowboys OL is holding up pretty well, not consistenly, but well enough for Romo to make quite a few plays.

pbmax
09-05-2012, 08:51 PM
Was Romo across the LOS?

Brandon494
09-05-2012, 08:53 PM

Was thinking the samething, 3rd and 1 lets just throw it 30 yards down the field.

pbmax
09-05-2012, 08:54 PM
Was thinking the samething, 3rd and 1 lets just throw it 30 yards down the field.

I think it was against a 2 deep safety too, because that 2nd defender was close.

RashanGary
09-05-2012, 08:54 PM

Like Irvin said, Romo is a black guy with white skin. You gotta be a fan, right?

Brandon494
09-05-2012, 08:58 PM
Romo reminds me more of Favre then he does Rodgers and Irvin is a crackhead. I do like Romo though .

pbmax
09-05-2012, 08:59 PM
He was past the LOS. But the Bryant play was versus single safety.

RashanGary
09-05-2012, 09:11 PM
Oh, I got this second job, delivering for Menards. But anyway, I went into this house. . . Was an older mom with her adult daughter. Daughter and I hit it off pretty well. I think she wanted a shot at the title, and I was going to give it to her, but my partner was there. Neither of us were OK with going dual light sabre on her, so we went on our way. . . .

But the mom asked us what we thought of Brett Favre. . . . Immediately, we could hear the "you better not say anything bad about Favre." tone in her voice. We both said, we were OK with him, that it's a tough business. . . . She calmed down. Then she said she lost friends over the issue, and the look in her eye as she surveyed our responses was a little creepy. Daughter had to cool her down. We ended up with a 40 dollar tip and a Favre book. I brought it to my son. He's a Favre guy.

This guy I work with, he worked for CBS interactive. He was the guy who did the play by play thing online, when they show a little field and update each play as the game goes. He said he got a completely different perspective on the league. I asked him if they did any betting. He laughed, "yeah, a lot" one of the guys he worked with made more money betting on the games than he did at his job. Obscure bets, on strange college teams. . . . . Was kind of cool to hear his perspective.

RashanGary
09-05-2012, 09:12 PM
He was past the LOS. But the Bryant play was versus single safety.

Doesn't his whole body have to be past?

RashanGary
09-05-2012, 09:16 PM
I'll say right now, Romo is good. Best I've seen him. And then he gets a little antsy and guns a 4 yard pass through Witten's hands.

pbmax
09-05-2012, 09:23 PM
Doesn't his whole body have to be past?

I think its the ball. But I have been wrong before.

RashanGary
09-05-2012, 09:28 PM
I think its the ball. But I have been wrong before.

Just looked it up. It's every part of the body, even the heel or toe or arm that might be being tugged behind him. Any part.

RashanGary
09-05-2012, 09:29 PM
Does anyone throw a better jump ball than Manning? It's not like he has Randy Moss. It's a different WR every time it seems.

pbmax
09-05-2012, 09:29 PM
Eli threw that up for grabs and the CB made a horribly timed jump to completely miss the ball.

pbmax
09-05-2012, 09:30 PM
Just looked it up. It's every part of the body, even the heel or toe or arm that might be being tugged behind him. Any part.

Link?

RashanGary
09-05-2012, 09:32 PM
Eli threw that up for grabs and the CB made a horribly timed jump to completely miss the ball.

The hail mary on us. David Tyree, this one, I've seen other ones. . . . Are these guys lucky, or is there some strange quality I'm missing where throwing up a fucking coin flip comes down heads every time?

I've seen Eli Manning throw more in the last 5 years than any QB combined. Of course, my son is a Giants fan so I watch 4 or 5 games a year. It just seems strange how often that works for them. Maybe I'm just watching the right games or something.

Guiness
09-05-2012, 09:33 PM
Bradshaw is a powerful runner. Nice run for the TD.

Open field tackling of him looks like a shitty job.

pbmax
09-05-2012, 09:35 PM
Link?

Yahoo! has a story about Manning from last year http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Quarterbacks-CAN-throw-from-beyond-the-line-of-s?urn=nfl,120829 where they discuss Walt Coleman making that same call. Good find Justin.

RashanGary
09-05-2012, 09:37 PM
They're getting a lot of throws over the middle there. Could see a double move of some sort coming, getting a deep slant or something.

pbmax
09-05-2012, 09:40 PM
The hail mary on us. David Tyree, this one, I've seen other ones. . . . Are these guys lucky, or is there some strange quality I'm missing where throwing up a fucking coin flip comes down heads every time?

I've seen Eli Manning throw more in the last 5 years than any QB combined. Of course, my son is a Giants fan so I watch 4 or 5 games a year. It just seems strange how often that works for them. Maybe I'm just watching the right games or something.

The advantage resides with the offense on a jump ball if you don't mind the punt INT result. DBs have to defend the ball and/or make the tackle (think Favre at Oakland). WR can just try to make the catch and they have the better hands. That ball was behind the WR, allowing the CB to catch up but he got too antsy and jumped way too early.

RashanGary
09-05-2012, 09:44 PM
The advantage resides with the offense on a jump ball if you don't mind the punt INT result. DBs have to defend the ball and/or make the tackle (think Favre at Oakland). WR can just try to make the catch and they have the better hands. That ball was behind the WR, allowing the CB to catch up but he got too antsy and jumped way too early.

Maybe that accounts for some of Eli's INT's. Maybe it's something they teach.

RashanGary
09-05-2012, 09:50 PM
Romo is spending an awful lot of his time cleaning up protections for that center they just picked up. Maybe he's better when he can't think.

pbmax
09-05-2012, 09:59 PM
Romo has to stop running the clock that far down. DeMarco Murray is no fluke.

The replacement refs aren't giving the QB the "zero" count that the regular refs do. Usually, if the QB gets the snap while the clock says 0, but before it would say -1, then don't call delay of game.

RashanGary
09-05-2012, 10:00 PM
Redskins aside (and you never know with a player like RGIII) this NFCE might be a beast.

Maybe it's just been too long without football. This is a bit of a sloppy game, but I'm loving it.

pbmax
09-05-2012, 10:01 PM
I liked not noticing the refs in the first half while they ignored obvious holding better than this half where they are calling everything.

pbmax
09-05-2012, 10:06 PM
I think Romo drew that route in the air behind the Guards butt.

Tony Oday
09-05-2012, 10:08 PM
Eli is not an Elite QB, Collinsworth needs to get off his knees when he is in front of Eli and that defense is still pretty good if you ignore their secondary...

RashanGary
09-05-2012, 10:11 PM
I think Romo drew that route in the air behind the Guards butt.

That would be a slick way to audible.

pbmax
So Romo is a better 4th quarter QB when his defense holds up and gives him the ball back. Astonishing.

Guiness
Eli is not an Elite QB, Collinsworth needs to get off his knees when he is in front of Eli and that defense is still pretty good if you ignore their secondary...

Ya, what's with getting his nose up both QB's butts. He just said Romo's having the game of his career. I used to like Collingsworth, but he's slobbering all over everybody.

RashanGary
09-05-2012, 10:12 PM
Time for some Eli magic?

RashanGary
09-05-2012, 10:16 PM
Eli is good, guys. He is. Look at some of those tough throws he makes. Real tight windows.

pbmax
09-05-2012, 10:16 PM
Rob Ryan just blundered there. Had he gotten a D call in (ANY call), they would not have had to take a TO and they would have had the Giants in 4th and 6 with a couple fewer seconds.

pbmax
09-05-2012, 10:23 PM
The Cowboys cannot get calls in on defense. Each down someone stands up and waves because they don't know the call.

pbmax
09-05-2012, 10:24 PM
No onside kick here.

RashanGary
09-05-2012, 10:24 PM
Wonder if the Giants put a lot of focus on conditioning. They are such a good 4th quarter team. It's happened so many times, it's not an accident. They have the Cowboys winded right now. They look sluggish, getting pushed around. . . .

RashanGary
09-05-2012, 10:25 PM
Wasn't paying too close attention. I'm listening to Packer interviews at the same time. Giants go no huddle?

Guiness
09-05-2012, 10:26 PM
The NFL's marketing department just jumped the shark.

Did you know that Tide is the official laundry soap of the NFL, used by all 32 teams?

sigh

pbmax
09-05-2012, 10:28 PM
Wasn't paying too close attention. I'm listening to Packer interviews at the same time. Giants go no huddle?

Yes, but not hurry up. Sort of saunter huddle.

Guiness
09-05-2012, 10:32 PM
How the hell does a holding penalty on 3rd and 2 turn into 3rd and 10? An 8 yard penalty? New on me.

Have to say the refs are doing ok though...one of them looks to be about 25yrs old!

RashanGary
09-05-2012, 10:55 PM
Well, the NFL is still the NFL. You just never know what you're going to get from year to year.

Freak Out
09-05-2012, 11:10 PM
This just in....Demarcus Ware is pretty good.

Joemailman
09-05-2012, 11:45 PM
How the hell does a holding penalty on 3rd and 2 turn into 3rd and 10? An 8 yard penalty? New on me.

Have to say the refs are doing ok though...one of them looks to be about 25yrs old!

If the penalty occurs past the LOS, I think it's marked off from the spot of the foul.

Cheesehead Craig
09-06-2012, 09:23 AM
I thought the replacement refs did a fine job this game. Dallas was just a sloppy team.

denverYooper
09-06-2012, 11:38 AM
Amazing what can happen when one team drops a bunch of passes and the other doesn't.

Pugger
09-06-2012, 12:16 PM
Amazing what can happen when one team drops a bunch of passes and the other doesn't.

No kidding. Maybe now those creeps who follow the mighty :roll: Gmen will realize that the best team doesn't always win.

Guiness
09-06-2012, 12:22 PM
According to the Giant's DL, they didn't get enough penalties!

“I haven’t been held this much since I was a baby,” Kiwanuka said
Great line!

Joes, I didn't know about holding being marked from the spot of the foul. So the Olineman was 2yds beyond the LOS? It was a run outside the LT, so I didn't think so...went and found a highlight at nfl videos
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000058937/Cowboys-vs-Giants-highlights
Check just after the 3:20 mark. Whitten with the hold, pretty sure it was at the LOS. Oh well, hardly mattered.

mraynrand
09-06-2012, 02:04 PM
No kidding. Maybe now those creeps who follow the mighty :roll: Gmen will realize that the best team doesn't always win.

If the Giants decide to play football this year, they won't start until sometime in late November or early December.

ThunderDan
09-06-2012, 02:34 PM
If the Giants decide to play football this year, they won't start until sometime in late November or early December.

Could be too late by then for the GMen. Their end of the year schedule is brutal. GMen need to start fast.

They finish:

@Dallas
PITT
@Cinn
PACKERS
@Wash
NO
@ ATL
@ BALT
PHI

5-2 is the best I can see them finishing and more likely 3-4.

They need to start 7-2 or 6-3 to get into the playoffs I believe.

Fritz
09-07-2012, 08:22 AM
This is why we love football. A classically underacheiving Cowboys team with its classically underacheiving QB comes in to Giants stadium and beats the defending world champions.

Guiness
09-07-2012, 11:56 AM
This is why we love football. A classically underacheiving Cowboys team with its classically underacheiving QB comes in to Giants stadium and beats the defending world champions.

World champs, but it felt like they caught lightening in a bottle...twice now. I don't know, maybe Coughlin is just that good at it?