PDA

View Full Version : Friday Night Lights

GrnBay007
09-07-2012, 01:22 AM
Our boys are 2-0! Woot!

So much excitement and support for a football program that has been severely suffering for several years. ...and I do mean severely...3 wins (varsity) in 3 years! ugh! 2nd year new coach and finally a large group of very athletic boys.

Nothing like some HS football to get you primed for the NFL games! :)

Swede, wondering how your boy's team is doing? Is he having a good year so far? Hopefully no injuries!!

swede
09-07-2012, 07:24 AM
Boy healthy.

Football bad.

At least the Washington Generals were ahead once in a while.

mraynrand
09-07-2012, 11:59 AM
Boy healthy.

Football bad.

At least the Washington Generals were ahead once in a while.

Time to break out the fumblerooski!

GrnBay007
09-08-2012, 10:02 PM
3-0!! :)

To put our excitement for this team into perspective....This is the first time in 40 years this school has had a team start 3-0! LOL We are going to enjoy this while we can. Later this month up against some big, never losing record schools.

Deputy Nutz
09-08-2012, 10:07 PM
Gee, I am happy for you and your son, but why would you send him to a school with such a shitty football program? Hopefully they had a good baseball program or something.

GrnBay007
09-08-2012, 10:34 PM
Gee, I am happy for you and your son, but why would you send him to a school with such a shitty football program? Hopefully they had a good baseball program or something.

It's been up and down for baseball but they are good now. Track is very good, he and several others went to state last year. Problem he had last year was there is such an overlap with track and baseball and his track coach didn't want him to practice bb before state so he ran at state on a Thur/Fri and had his first baseball game on Mon. ...obviously not prepared.

It's not like the school never had a winning football record but it's been far and few between.
Last year the city finally did some redistricting with the school system that was longgg overdue after the city had grown and the bad end of town had really grown. They kinda spread out the bad apples and that helped the sports program, but also this class has just always been very athletic.

GrnBay007
09-15-2012, 12:22 AM
Holy Shitsky! 4-0

Next 2 weeks are playing some of the best 4A in Iowa. We shall enjoy 4-0 this week.

wootah
09-15-2012, 03:23 AM
I like this thread. Are there youtube highlights? :)

swede
09-15-2012, 04:23 PM
2-2 for my kid. He did have an 82 yard TD run to put his team ahead on the first play from scrimmage in the second half, but the opponents scored on a return of the ensuing kickoff to tie it up again. They scored twice in the last four minutes so the score looks like a blowout, but the team kept it close against a quality opponent.

I am bullying the kid to get the video onto youtube so I can post it.

Congratulations to your son and his team 007. Believing is 90% and the other half is taking care of the ball.:wink:

GrnBay007
09-18-2012, 11:51 PM
I like this thread. Are there youtube highlights? :)

My boy said he hasn't seen any on youtube. Since the only decent camera I've ever owned was stolen this past summer on our trip to D.C. I haven't been able to get any pics or videos. grr.

GrnBay007
09-19-2012, 12:00 AM
Thanks Swede. I bet you were jumping out of your seat on that 82 yard run....how frickin exciting!! :)

So my boy has only been playing punt return and limited (very limited) safety so far. He learns on Sunday he is practicing with 1st team at Corner and will be up against their 6'5" receiver. Lord, I'm hoping his speed saves him. Something seems wrong with this picture, he seems perfectly calm about this and I am SO nervous! No matter what happens up front it seems to get overlooked if the corner gets burned.

mraynrand
09-19-2012, 09:38 AM
I am bullying the kid to get the video onto youtube so I can post it.

I reported you to Child Protective Services. We have a zero tolerance bully policy, you should know that.

swede
09-19-2012, 11:45 AM
I reported you to Child Protective Services. We have a zero tolerance bully policy, you should know that.

http://img.tfd.com/WEAL/weal_08_img1581.jpg

ND72
09-22-2012, 09:19 PM
Don't know where everyone is stationed at, but Oct. 5, huge game between likely 6-0 West DePere and 6-0 Seymour.

GrnBay007
09-23-2012, 12:16 PM
Lost Friday night. :( I think the boys were a little intimidated playing #2 ranked team as they did not play the football they are capable of. Not sure their best football would have beat that team (they were very good!) but you never know that's why they play the games.

4-1

mraynrand
09-23-2012, 04:09 PM
Don't know where everyone is stationed at, but Oct. 5, huge game between likely 6-0 West DePere and 6-0 Seymour.

I will be AWOL from Wright-Patterson Air Force Base to see that one.

GrnBay007
09-29-2012, 01:48 AM
5-1! Woot! This was one everyone predicted would be a loss at the beginning of the season. First time we beat this team in 20 yrs. Crazy! D played lights out....3 picks and 2 recovered fumbles.

I ordered 400 rally towels for the game next Friday....city rivalry. With the crowds that have been showing up I think I should have doubled the order. Should be (better be..lol) delivered to my house on Tues. sure hope they look as good as the proof we designed. :)

wootah
09-29-2012, 02:55 AM
This topic needs more pictures.

swede
09-29-2012, 07:32 PM
The kid played well, hitting on a ten yard touchdown run for a TD to tie the game. Quarterback option-pitched to the kid and he went hard to the sideline, slowed and cut back against the overpursuit, banged a linebacker at the 5 and rode him to the pylon.

And then in the next series he caught a wheel route to change 2nd and ten into 3rd and 1. In doing so he got caught up in traffic. One defender had the kid's foot pinned and another knocked him back, straightlining the foot and leaving him with a high ankle sprain.

Ice today and tomorrow, X-Rays on Monday.

Team loss. No playoffs. Last chance to save a team goal is beating the cross-town rival in the last game.

digitaldean
09-29-2012, 09:07 PM

West DePere is one tough squad. They stand a good chance to go back to Madison.

GrnBay007
09-30-2012, 12:12 AM
Ice today and tomorrow, X-Rays on Monday.

Damn! That stinks. Good luck with the doc on Monday!

GrnBay007
10-03-2012, 02:07 AM
Rally Towels delivered today.....they look awesome! :) Apparently I ordered 500, not 400 lol Can't wait for Friday - City Championship on the line.

Now I just have to figure out how to get 500 towels to the stadium. lol

GrnBay007
10-03-2012, 02:09 AM
X-Rays on Monday.

So how did it go??

swede
10-03-2012, 11:55 AM
So how did it go??

Surprisingly well! He is off crutches today and busy rehabbing. He will get a good shot at playing in the last game against our north side foes.

GrnBay007
10-04-2012, 09:34 AM
Awesome!

wheww, huh? :)

GrnBay007
10-06-2012, 07:39 PM
City Champs! I have to figure out how to get a pic of the trophy on here....very nice.

6-1!

....and all but 41 of the 500 rally towels sold in 2.5 hrs. (whew) We quit selling when the varsity played so we could watch or I'm sure we would have gotten rid of the remaining 41.

I'm told if they win this coming Friday we have home field for the first playoff game. If they go 8-1 most likely home field for first two games of playoffs. Would be great not to have to travel for those games...esp. considering the first playoff game is on a Wed. night.

swede
10-06-2012, 09:50 PM
City Champs! I have to figure out how to get a pic of the trophy on here....very nice.

6-1!

....and all but 41 of the 500 rally towels sold in 2.5 hrs. (whew) We quit selling when the varsity played so we could watch or I'm sure we would have gotten rid of the remaining 41.

I'm told if they win this coming Friday we have home field for the first playoff game. If they go 8-1 most likely home field for first two games of playoffs. Would be great not to have to travel for those games...esp. considering the first playoff game is on a Wed. night.

Sincere congratulations!

You son and his team have a lot to be proud of.

GrnBay007
10-06-2012, 10:28 PM
Thanks Swede!

GrnBay007
10-15-2012, 01:22 AM
6-2. Lost homecoming game and never should have! Ugh. End of first half score was 28-7 them. Our boys must have gotten a good ass chewin at half. Second half limited them to a field goal. Final score 31-21.

They didn't have school on Friday for some inservice day or something. I hate when they don't have school on a game day. They just come out sluggish or something. Coach had them show up at 10:30 am that day to watch film just so they wouldn't be sleeping all day. Told my boy that morning he should have had them run drills or something to get the blood pumping. :) Anyway, now they have to fight for the home field for first game of the playoffs.

And OMGosh! With everything going on this weekend...homecoming and my daughter came home from college I completely spaced off ALL my pools and FF!! Thank goodness AR and Jordy had a great game LOL....saved me in FF!

GrnBay007
10-20-2012, 12:54 AM
7-2 with a 42-0 win tonight. Nice way to end regular season!

Playoffs start Wed.

This team has been so lucky with no injuries this season. Tonight 2 starters injured; 1 broken arm and 1 concussion. Oh and 1 vomiting from the flu....lets hope that doesn't go through the entire team now!

swede
10-20-2012, 09:46 PM
7-2 with a 42-0 win tonight. Nice way to end regular season!

Playoffs start Wed.

This team has been so lucky with no injuries this season. Tonight 2 starters injured; 1 broken arm and 1 concussion. Oh and 1 vomiting from the flu....lets hope that doesn't go through the entire team now!

Way to establish a new culture of winning, boys.

Now go home, hug your mom, shake hands with the old man, take out the trash, treat your girl with respect, and don't be late for practice on Monday.

GrnBay007
10-21-2012, 07:50 PM
Repeat that HUG YOUR MOM thing about 10 times!! :)

Man, when they get a girlfriend they sure forget ole mom!

MJZiggy
10-21-2012, 09:23 PM

My kid's a geek. I still get hugs and he still cares WAY more about Linux than any girl he's met. He keeps telling me that the boys who have girlfriends just have them to be able to say they have a girlfriend. It's a status thing, mom. Ok, I say. He's not gonna know what hit him...

GrnBay007
10-22-2012, 10:30 PM
What grade Zig?

GrnBay007
10-24-2012, 05:41 PM
Wednesday Night Lights tonight! Kickoff for first round playoff game (home) at 7pm. Fingers crossed and all the supersticious stuff we do! lol

GrnBay007
10-24-2012, 11:13 PM
Lost 28-30 :( Heck of a season though!

QB threw 3 picks all resulting in TD's. Don't know what was wrong with him tonight.

Freak Out
10-24-2012, 11:23 PM

LOL! It just seems like it...we never forget ole mom. :)

MJZiggy
10-27-2012, 08:59 PM
What grade Zig?
Eighth. He's so gonna get hit upside the head with it.

MJZiggy
10-27-2012, 09:00 PM
LOL! It just seems like it...we never forget ole mom. :)
That's good to hear.

wootah
11-07-2012, 04:08 PM
Next year I'd like to see something like this, guys:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Gs8X1RzQ1Gw[

She looks like a woman amongst boys out there!

swede
11-07-2012, 08:47 PM
Kids that are precociously talented at that age are not all that uncommon...my son was one of them and the skill set regresses back to the mean as time goes on. But dude, that girl KNEW how to run. She used her quickness as a weapon by slowing down and creating gaps to exploit. She knew how to bounce, give a weak shoulder, and keep her feet chugging. Plain, flat, amazing. Thanks for posting that.

Next year I'd like to see something like this, guys:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Gs8X1RzQ1Gw[

She looks like a woman amongst boys out there!

GrnBay007
11-12-2012, 11:41 PM
End of the season banquet tonight....the season is officially over. :(

...on to track.

mraynrand
11-13-2012, 09:51 AM
End of the season banquet tonight....the season is officially over.

If that had been the Packer's banquet someone would have gotten injured.

swede
11-13-2012, 12:11 PM
If that had been the Packer's banquet someone would have gotten injured.

Doc says he should be back in time for dessert.

Edit: It might be later than that.

Edit 2: Might need surgery.

Edit 3: The team voted to give him a doggie bag and a table favor as an injury settlement, but there is still hope he'll make the Christmas party.

mraynrand
11-13-2012, 03:17 PM
In high school I was on the banquet practice squad

GrnBay007
11-13-2012, 11:35 PM
Did they still feed you? :)