PDA

View Full Version : How bad is Hendu hurt?

mmmdk
08-20-2006, 12:56 AM
Nice preseason game by the Pack!

Anyone know the severity of Hendu's knee injury?

From nfl.com: McCarthy said fullback William Henderson and tackle Todd Williams both sustained knee injuries. Williams was carted of the field.

gbpackfan
08-20-2006, 02:08 AM
Was at the game tonight and I was sitting behind the Packers bench. At one point, Henderson stood up on the bench and was walking back and forth. He looked fine and was smiling and waiving to the fans. I have not heard an official report but I dont think guys with severe knee injuries act in such a manner. Who knows, I COULD BE COMPLETELY WRONG.

woodbuck27
08-20-2006, 02:13 AM
Thanks gbpackfan.

I'll bet you enjoyed the game.

Wondering what the crowd was like?

GO PACKERS ! HOLD FAITH FOR 2006 !!

woodbuck27
08-20-2006, 02:23 AM
Note:

We need an update tomorrow but this:

Game notes

Packer HC Mike McCarthy said fullback William Henderson and tackle Todd Williams both sustained knee injuries.

gbpackfan
08-20-2006, 03:57 PM
Woodbuck,

The crowd was great. Wasn't as good as regular season crowds but I wouldnt expect it to be so.

I have been to a lot of games, preseason and regular. And last nights game was THE BEST PRESEASON GAME I HAVE EVER BEEN TOO. In fact, expect for slow parts in the 3rd quarter, the entire game was GREAT! Loved those turn-overs we created!

chewy-bacca
08-20-2006, 08:09 PM
it was a milwaukee game?

gbpackfan
08-20-2006, 08:22 PM
Yes, it was a Milwaukee game.

And looks like I might have been wrong about Henderson! Here is the news:

Packers | Henderson could be out 3-6 weeks
Sun, 20 Aug 2006 17:00:59 -0700

Pete Dougherty, of the Green Bay Press Gazette, reports Green Bay Packers FB William Henderson (knee) might miss three to six weeks because of the knee injury he sustained in the Packers' exhibition game against Atlanta Saturday night, Aug. 19. A source familiar with the situation said Henderson was scheduled to undergo more extensive tests either later Sunday, Aug. 20, or Monday, Aug. 21, after the swelling in his knee subsides, to better determine the extent of the injury. The initial diagnosis by the Packers' medical staff is that he has cartilage and perhaps ligament damage.

chewy-bacca
08-20-2006, 08:25 PM
:sad: to bad about Will, hes a real pro though and will be back ASAP!!

Ive been to a milwaukee game, they are fun!

digitaldean
08-20-2006, 08:33 PM

Pete Dougherty, of the Green Bay Press Gazette, reports Green Bay Packers FB William Henderson (knee) might miss three to six weeks because of the knee injury he sustained in the Packers' exhibition game against Atlanta Saturday night, Aug. 19. A source familiar with the situation said Henderson was scheduled to undergo more extensive tests either later Sunday, Aug. 20, or Monday, Aug. 21, after the swelling in his knee subsides, to better determine the extent of the injury. The initial diagnosis by the Packers' medical staff is that he has cartilage and perhaps ligament damage.

ARRGGGGH!!! :evil:

I'd hope TT pushes more for a trade to get Duckett here. Leach may be a good blocker, but he doesn't have it like Hendu for pass catching skills. As a runner, I'm not sold on him.

Davenport would be good to trade now. He hasn't hit the holes well enough to show that he is back.

Kevin Barlow would've been an OK stopgap. But he just got traded to the Jets for an '07 pick.

Rastak
08-20-2006, 08:36 PM
William Henderson is my favorite Packer...(I don't have many...LOL).

That's too bad...he's a very cool guy.

]{ilr]3
08-20-2006, 10:03 PM
So what does that mean a Milwaukee game?

I know a large share of ticket holders are from Milwaukee, but is this game sold directly to Milwaukee people first or something?

chewy-bacca
08-20-2006, 11:20 PM
its the gold package. 1 preseason and 2 reg. season games I think. the games they used to play there in county stadium

My uncle has gold pack tix.

Bretsky
08-20-2006, 11:24 PM

The one thing we know about Henderson is he will work his arse off and get back as soon as he can; what a great leader and good person. Too bad this happened to him; I was hoping he'd excel this year and be back for another. Hopefully there aren't any tears in the knee because he's a gamer who will get back as soon as the docs allow him to.

]{ilr]3
08-21-2006, 12:30 PM
its the gold package. 1 preseason and 2 reg. season games I think. the games they used to play there in county stadium

My uncle has gold pack tix.

woodbuck27
08-21-2006, 12:49 PM
Woodbuck,

The crowd was great. Wasn't as good as regular season crowds but I wouldnt expect it to be so.

I have been to a lot of games, preseason and regular. And last nights game was THE BEST PRESEASON GAME I HAVE EVER BEEN TOO. In fact, expect for slow parts in the 3rd quarter, the entire game was GREAT! Loved those turn-overs we created!

I watched the 7 minute highlight video put out on Youtube and supplied by ]{ilr]3 (Thanks again) and it's a real lift to see that. Favre and Donald Driver. . Gracious, they combined well. Favre has to see other's that are open as well though but that man is certainly focused and I''ll take that any game.

The Falcons defense looked horrid, and the talk that they just layed back, and allowed us a win for first game at HOME is BS.

We can't get too pumped, but it's only Monday - so let's CELEBRATE positives and by Wednesday get dialed in to "the BENGALS".

That is a tough "D" and good against the pass. That secondary is all about the pick. Turnovers "the difference between winning and losing. I'll be looking for disciplined patience but Brett Favre. . .

Brett's . . Brett. Mr. Excitement

Never a dull moment. He needs all the GOOD karma we can muster on PACKERRATS. :mrgreen:

PACKER FANS AND GOOD KARMA = SUCCESS !!

pbmax
08-21-2006, 01:12 PM
I'd hope TT pushes more for a trade to get Duckett here. Leach may be a good blocker, but he doesn't have it like Hendu for pass catching skills. As a runner, I'm not sold on him.
Ducket is a steaming pile, Atlanta has grown disenchanted with him and the Jets wouldn't trade certain future All-Pro Justin McCareins to them for Duckett.

I cna only see this if Green is unavailable and they don't trust Gado/Beach/Herron.

woodbuck27
08-21-2006, 02:20 PM
Ducket is a steaming pile, Atlanta has grown disenchanted with him and the Jets wouldn't trade certain future All-Pro Justin McCareins to them for Duckett.

I cna only see this if Green is unavailable and they don't trust Gado/Beach/Herron.

Yes. My position now is to avoid redundancy. pbmax.

Gado concerns me. Herron and Beach are stepping up.

Davenport want to be a Packer and deliver with his heart. He adds to OUR ST's as a solid kick returner if needed.

It's really a puzzle to me at this stage. Another preseason game may tell us more?

GO PACKERS - FAITH in 2006 !!

woodbuck27
08-21-2006, 08:20 PM
MONDAY, Aug. 21, 2006, 5:36 p.m.

By Tom Silverstein

Henderson undergoes knee scope

Green Bay - Green Bay Packers fullback William Henderson will be out several weeks after undergoing arthroscopic surgery on his right knee Monday.

Packers coach Mike McCarthy said that his hope was that Henderson would be out just two to three weeks, but he was not able to put an exact time frame on his recovery.

Henderson injured his knee in the second half of the Packers' 38-10 victory over the Atlanta Falcons Saturday at Lambeau Field.

McCarthy said that Henderson went in to have his knee "cleaned out", which often refers to the removal of loose cartilage. Given the time frame McCarthy gave, it's questionable whether Henderson will be available for the season opener against Chicago.

Vonta Leach is the only other true fullback who has a shot at making the team and after dropping two passes against the Falcons his position is hardly secure.

If Leach doesn't make it, the Packers will probably be forced to use a lot of one-back sets or utilize some of their halfbacks at fullback.

digitaldean
08-21-2006, 08:29 PM

Jets are out of trading for RB help anyway. They traded a conditional '07 pick (probably a 4th) to SF for Kevin Barlow.

Duckett may be a steaming pile, but Davenport has been anything to write home about either.