PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Draft

Harlan Huckleby
09-09-2012, 06:56 PM
It's over. Time to look to next season.

the Packers need secondary help. CB Jordan Poyer from Oregon State looks excellent, should be available when Packers pick, somewhere around #9 or #10. An inside linebacker wouldn't hurt either. Any suggestions?

Joemailman
09-09-2012, 07:14 PM
We'll have pick #32.

HowardRoark
09-09-2012, 07:17 PM
Ode to a Wisconsin football weekend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eePRkP1HMYQ

mission
09-09-2012, 07:17 PM
Great thread. I'll take Georgia OLB Jarvis Jones at #3 and figure out where to play him later.

Just kidding, I'm sticking to my idea that this was going to be a slow-start season that saw the team come together at the end like 2010.

RashanGary
09-09-2012, 07:25 PM
Young players get better as the season goes on. The 49ers are vets across the board, and great too. I'll be more interested in talking about the draft in 9 or 10 weeks if we don't get better. For now, I think we had a lot of positive things happen, particularly on offense. Newhouse looked like a darn good LT, and he'll only get better. That bodes well for us, especially considering how poor our LT play was last year. Cobb looks like a huge upgrade over Driver and Jones.

I think most of us knew the defense was going to need a little time to get their their stuff together. Shields did a nice job tackling this game. I think he takes that spot back and helps us out. And really, this was a tough offensive matchup for us on week 1. Shields and Williams play good man coverge, better than they do zone. We couldn't play man defense against a running team like SF. The zones will have to clean up as the season goes on, because we'll probably see this team again if we make it, and we could see other teams like them if it's not them.

We didn't play championship ball in week 1, particularly on defense. Let's see if we work our way toward that as the season goes on. Right now, I don't think I feel any differently than I did going into the game. I'll hold out long term judgement for a few weeks.

RashanGary
09-09-2012, 07:26 PM
Great thread. I'll take Georgia OLB Jarvis Jones at #3 and figure out where to play him later.

Just kidding, I'm sticking to my idea that this was going to be a slow-start season that saw the team come together at the end like 2010.

2nd.

Brandon494
09-09-2012, 07:29 PM
Its not how you start the season, we witnessed that first hand last year.

mmmdk
09-09-2012, 07:29 PM
The Packers of the eighties were cozy - I wanna feel what they felt with our 2012-13 Packers!

Teamcheez1
09-09-2012, 07:39 PM
I say we use the first 6 picks we have on defense.

Brando19
09-09-2012, 08:30 PM
Jones played well...does the Dolphins have a good Safety or LB they'll trade for him?

Joemailman
09-09-2012, 09:04 PM
Jones played well...does the Dolphins have a good Safety or LB they'll trade for him?

Why would we trade the guy who had a better game than Jennings or Jordy?

Brando19
09-09-2012, 09:14 PM
Why would we trade the guy who had a better game than Jennings or Jordy?

Because we need help on defense.

LegandofthePack15
09-10-2012, 05:40 AM
With the #1 overall pick, the Packers will select Matt Barkley, QB, Southern Cal.

The Packers need a qb who does not throw picks in the 4th quarter. They need a qb who does not throw the ball out of bounds on 3rd down with about 30 seconds left in the 1st half and the other team hanging onto a precious timeout.

I can see Rodgers losing a couple of awareness points and falling to 98 overall on Madden.

Deputy Nutz
09-10-2012, 09:00 PM
The packers are going to need help in the secondary, defensive line, running back, and a project at wr. Also getting an offensive linemen that can pass block and run block would be good