PDA

View Full Version : Mice And Men

LegandofthePack15
09-10-2012, 06:57 AM
Here's my take.

Mice (Duds):

Rodgers - Showed terrible awareness throughout the game...played like a rookie.

OL - Especially the run game...this OL wouldn't be able to open up a hole for Adrian Peterson, whom I regretfully did not start in my FF leagues (thanks to the fucking Vikings and their misinformation; Peterson would only be making a token appearance, they say).

Bush - If LeRoy Butler was around, he would tell Bush to get the fuck off the field...I know this b/c I saw Butler said it to Roosevelt Blackman in that NFL documentary about Blackman and Peyton Manning...Bush can't hold Blackman's jockstrap.

Defense as a whole - Same old, same old...can't get off the fucking field...teams continue to milk the clock against this defense at will...might be time to fire Capers.

McCarthy - was out-coached by Jim "Don't Know the Fucking Rules" Harbaugh...nuff said.

Refs - At least they atoned for their injustices against the Packers with Cobb's "illegal" Punt-6.

Men (Studs):

Matthews: I guess even a bad defense has a silver lining.

Woodson: Can't seem cover anymore but the guy can still blitz.

Cobb: Time to pick up Cobb up for the FF team. Pray nobody with a better wavier priority gets him first!

mraynrand
09-10-2012, 09:23 AM
Here's my take.

Mice (Duds):

Rodgers - Showed terrible awareness throughout the game...played like a rookie.

And there goes your credibility - right out the window

http://brightcove01.brightcove.com/22/275353188001/275353188001_1634370980001_051112-browns-weeden.jpg?pubId=275353188001

:oops:

LEWCWA
09-10-2012, 09:54 AM
so you think rodgers played a good game?

Harlan Huckleby
09-10-2012, 10:03 AM
I think Rodgers played fine. He had no running game, little seperation downfield. Steady pressure.

I'll be interested in McGinn's evaluation. I wonder if Saturday is a dud.

I agree inside linebackers are guys.

Zool
09-10-2012, 10:05 AM
I think Rodgers played fine. He had no running game, little seperation downfield. Steady pressure.

Interior lineman are not on the same page. A couple times, Saturday and the guard both passed on a guy.

pbmax
09-10-2012, 10:17 AM

Not one of his better ones. But he did not play like a rookie. Just watch the first half highlights of the Seahawks game or much of the Colts-Bears game to see what that looks like.

LEWCWA
09-10-2012, 10:17 AM
Rodgers didn't play fine. He missed Jordy (who was open) on the 3rd and 1, plus got the ball with a chance to tie the game 2x late and did nothing......yeah great he led them to a td with the nners up 2 scores and only rushing 3.....how about nutting up and making plays when they are coming after you.....

rbaloha1
09-10-2012, 10:23 AM

A-rod has set a high standard due to having the highest qb in the history of the NFL last season.

Given that standard A-rod was average and played with a seldom panicked demeanor.

denverYooper
09-10-2012, 10:25 AM
Rodgers did play "fine", like an average if unspectacular QB. That was the problem.

Fun fact. The Superbowl winning QBs of the last 5 years all lost yesterday and none of them played particularly well.

mraynrand
09-10-2012, 10:27 AM

It was fair by his standards. Do you think he 'played like a rookie?'

LegandofthePack15
09-10-2012, 10:36 AM

Rodgers did play like a rookie. His awareness was so bad, he made Weeden look like Tom Brady. I mean, just fucking slide and force the 49ers to use their last timeout! (Harbaugh probably would've let the clock run down, given his ultra conservative nature with Alex Smith.) The pick was inexcusable. Rodgers had the best passer rating against the blitz last season; Sunday, he had that deer in the headlights look - just like a rookie.

ThunderDan
09-10-2012, 10:48 AM
30-44 for 303 2 TDs 1 INT, 93.3 QB Rating

That looks like a rookie to me. Other tha RG III look at the rooks on Sunday.

Luck 23-45 309 1TD 3 INT 52.9
Wilson 18-34 153 1TD 1INT 62.5
Weeden 12-35 118 0TD 4INT 5.1
Tannehill 20-36 219 0TD 3INT 39.0

ThunderDan
09-10-2012, 10:49 AM
Rodgers did play like a rookie. His awareness was so bad, he made Weeden look like Tom Brady. I mean, just fucking slide and force the 49ers to use their last timeout! (Harbaugh probably would've let the clock run down, given his ultra conservative nature with Alex Smith.) The pick was inexcusable. Rodgers had the best passer rating against the blitz last season; Sunday, he had that deer in the headlights look - just like a rookie.

Way to double down on stupid. Look at Weeden's stats above.

Is Paco back?

ThunderDan
09-10-2012, 10:52 AM
Guess I'll have to do my Studs and Duds again this year after this start.

Did you see that Hawk leads the league in tackles after 14 games?

mraynrand
09-10-2012, 10:55 AM
Rodgers did play like a rookie. His awareness was so bad, he made Weeden look like Tom Brady

I stopped reading after this. You're just being inane. Watch some tape:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/philadelphia-eagles

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000060113/Wk-1-Brandon-Weeden-highlights

Vick and Weeden played like rookies.

Your analysis is totally off. Alex Smith is only a part of his offense. How many rushing yards did SF have versus GB. The entire offense runs through Rodgers. And you realize SF has a better defense than GB, right? That's all my time you get.

sharpe1027
09-10-2012, 10:56 AM

I guess you could say he played like a rookie, if you are comparing him to RGIII this year or Cam Newton last year. IMO, you are overstating how "bad" his play was by a wide margin, but hey, you're getting a good reaction from people if that was your expectation/goal.

Freak Out
09-10-2012, 10:58 AM
Don't feed the trolls! LOL.

LegandofthePack15
09-10-2012, 11:02 AM
Way to double down on stupid. Look at Weeden's stats above.

Is Paco back?

It's figure of speech.

For the reigning NFL MVP, Rodgers sure look like a rookie. He didn't do much all day. His stats were inflated by the 49ers playing prevent defense in the 4th qtr. He made a boneheaded decision before halftime. He made a boneheaded decision in the 4th quarter. He sure as fuck didn't play like the MVP of yesteryear.

Btw, who the fuck is Paco?

ThunderDan
09-10-2012, 11:06 AM
Btw, who the fuck is Paco?

A poster from years prior that was banned that your post resembles very closely!

Freak Out
09-10-2012, 11:12 AM
No...Paco was a troll extreme...and if I remember correctly a Favre pot stirrer extraordinaire. The Niner Defense played a pretty dominating game yesterday, the DBs were all over the receivers and Rodgers wasn't perfect by any stretch. He cannot carry this team EVERY GAME and the D has to step up on occasion....it's doubtful this defense ever will.

LegandofthePack15
09-10-2012, 11:13 AM
I stopped reading after this. You're just being inane. Watch some tape:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/philadelphia-eagles

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000060113/Wk-1-Brandon-Weeden-highlights

Vick and Weeden played like rookies.

Your analysis is totally off. Alex Smith is only a part of his offense. How many rushing yards did SF have versus GB. The entire offense runs through Rodgers. And you realize SF has a better defense than GB, right? That's all my time you get.

I guess its only fair that since Favre could do no wrong, Rodgers, too, can do no wrong. :grin:

Bossman641
09-10-2012, 12:48 PM
Rodgers as a dud? I'd put the WR's as duds before I would put Rodgers as a dud. It was startling how, with the exception of Jones' long catch and run, the WR were able to get almost nothing after the catch.

And Jordy was open on the 3rd and 1? Ha, he was double covered. I'd give Rodgers a negative on that play for the decision, not the throw.

LEWCWA
09-10-2012, 01:02 PM
It was fair by his standards. Do you think he 'played like a rookie?'

no not like a rookie, but not good.....and not good means just that. He wasn't good yesterday. Not by his standerds? Not by any standards in my book.......They want to run Romo outta Dallas for games like that.....

LEWCWA
09-10-2012, 01:07 PM
Rodgers as a dud? I'd put the WR's as duds before I would put Rodgers as a dud. It was startling how, with the exception of Jones' long catch and run, the WR were able to get almost nothing after the catch.

And Jordy was open on the 3rd and 1? Ha, he was double covered. I'd give Rodgers a negative on that play for the decision, not the throw.

yeah he was open, just because 2 guys were trailing him doesn't mean shit. He had both guys beat.

Brandon494
09-10-2012, 03:38 PM

http://brightcove01.brightcove.com/22/275353188001/275353188001_1634370980001_051112-browns-weeden.jpg?pubId=275353188001

:oops:

LMAO I stop reading after that as well

pittstang5
09-10-2012, 04:15 PM
Just had to step in here about the 3rd and 1 play in the first series of the 3rd quarter.

Jordy Nelson was open - the CB and Safety were trailing behind. He had a step on both of them. However, given the circumstances of the game, IMO, you don't throw that ball on 3rd and 1. The Packers offense had done nothing since the TD drive...Nothing. The Packer Defense was regressing back to their old self after the first defensive series. Too many things were going wrong. At that point in time, the PAckers needed to sustain a drive and keep the 49ers Offense off the field. If they could have walked away with some points - great, but at least get it past their own 40 just so the 49ers don't have good field position.

I get why Rogers threw it - he wanted to make a play and get this game closer. But you have to realize that in situations like the one they were in yesterday, the odds are not in your favor. Tuck the ball and get the 1st down or hit Kuhn for a small gain. Move the chains.

red
09-10-2012, 05:22 PM
to me cobb and mathews are the only two that really looked like they showed up to play yesterday

Pugger
09-10-2012, 06:16 PM
I understand everyone's angst about that long throw to Jordy on 3rd and short. However, if it is successful everyone is thrilled. We are looking at it with 20/20 hindsight.

Freak Out
09-10-2012, 06:30 PM
Yep....they've done it before. That is what this Packer team is....throw it long on 3rd and short.

What I don't get are the 1st down runs to Benson.

SavedByGrace
09-10-2012, 07:02 PM
Ok, I have to wonder...why in the heck did we draft Nick Perry? Is Dom trying to turn him into a CB because Perry spent a TON of time in coverage. Alex flippin' Smith had time to sit there and pick us apart. We had no pressure on the guy...except when Clay managed to bust through.

Deputy Nutz
09-10-2012, 09:04 PM

The Packers have no running game because the don't commit to running the football. Bottom line. Benson is a down hill runner and not once did the line up in a formation that utilizes bensons ability to make one cut and bang his way through tacklers for 5 or 6 yards.

Deputy Nutz
09-10-2012, 09:06 PM
Ok, I have to wonder...why in the heck did we draft Nick Perry? Is Dom trying to turn him into a CB because Perry spent a TON of time in coverage. Alex flippin' Smith had time to sit there and pick us apart. We had no pressure on the guy...except when Clay managed to bust through.

Credit San Fran for continuing to run trips to Perry's side forcing him into coverage.

Deputy Nutz
09-10-2012, 09:08 PM
I understand everyone's angst about that long throw to Jordy on 3rd and short. However, if it is successful everyone is thrilled. We are looking at it with 20/20 hindsight.

The guy was double covered it wouldn't have been a good decision If Jordy had caught it. Bad play call, San Fran was waiting for it, they kept a safety deep

pbmax
09-10-2012, 10:10 PM
Credit San Fran for continuing to run trips to Perry's side forcing him into coverage.

That only works in base. In the 2-4, he isn't in coverage.

LegandofthePack15
09-11-2012, 12:14 AM
The guy was double covered it wouldn't have been a good decision If Jordy had caught it. Bad play call, San Fran was waiting for it, they kept a safety deep

Yep. Everybody in the house saw it coming.

One other thing, the Packers were unprepared for the 49ers' blitz. I guess the coaches were expecting the 49ers sit back with 2 safeties deep all day. That explains the empty backfield (no rb to pick blitzes) and lack of rb/wr screens (effective against blitzes).

Suffice it to say, McCarthy was out coached by Harbaugh.

LegandofthePack15
09-11-2012, 12:55 AM
I'll be interested in McGinn's evaluation.

Here's McGinn's take:

SS Donte Whitner was inches away from a 23-yard pick-6 when Rodgers made another misread and threw off his back foot. Not only was his patience off, so was his accuracy. He missed Jennings on the sideline and threw behind Finley twice. Early in the third quarter, Rodgers decided to launch a 68-yard bomb to Nelson even though Goldson didn't bite on the bootleg action. It was third and 1. There had to be another option rather than airing it out into double coverage and punting. The 49ers hid their intentions until very late in the play clock and confused Rodgers just enough. That's almost impossible to do.

In other words, played like a rookie. :sad:

BobDobbs
09-11-2012, 04:36 AM
Rodgers was the best quarterback on the field.

I pretty much figured looking at the schedule that we'd have a tough three weeks on offense against San Fran, Chicago, then Seattle at home. Alot of freaking out about how the league had figured us out, and then we light up New Orleans and Indy. We've got a tough stretch. It doesn't mean Rodgers has regressed. I have to watch the all 22 but it looked like the coverage was superb and the pressure was good enough.

pbmax
09-11-2012, 09:34 AM
Here's McGinn's take:

SS Donte Whitner was inches away from a 23-yard pick-6 when Rodgers made another misread and threw off his back foot. Not only was his patience off, so was his accuracy. He missed Jennings on the sideline and threw behind Finley twice. Early in the third quarter, Rodgers decided to launch a 68-yard bomb to Nelson even though Goldson didn't bite on the bootleg action. It was third and 1. There had to be another option rather than airing it out into double coverage and punting. The 49ers hid their intentions until very late in the play clock and confused Rodgers just enough. That's almost impossible to do.

In other words, played like a rookie. :sad:

Do you remember Rodgers preseason in 2005? Or his debut in 2008?

How about Favre in 2002?

Unless you are intent on trolling, please continue to make the smart point (Rodgers had trouble with the 49ers D) rather than continuing to argue that what you saw was like a rookie.

LegandofthePack15
09-11-2012, 10:31 AM
Do you remember Rodgers preseason in 2005? Or his debut in 2008?

How about Favre in 2002?

Unless you are intent on trolling, please continue to make the smart point (Rodgers had trouble with the 49ers D) rather than continuing to argue that what you saw was like a rookie.

Expectations are high for Mr. Reigning MVP. Rodgers made a lot of "rookie" mistakes in the 49er game. The dump off prior to halftime, the pick, inaccuracy, bad decisions, lack of awareness against blitzes despite having the best passer rating against blitzes last season are a few examples.

If Rodgers is not playing like an MVP, he's playing like a rookie. But that's just my opinion. Feel free to disagree. :-)

sharpe1027
09-11-2012, 03:08 PM
Just had to step in here about the 3rd and 1 play in the first series of the 3rd quarter.

Jordy Nelson was open - the CB and Safety were trailing behind. He had a step on both of them. However, given the circumstances of the game, IMO, you don't throw that ball on 3rd and 1. The Packers offense had done nothing since the TD drive...Nothing. The Packer Defense was regressing back to their old self after the first defensive series. Too many things were going wrong. At that point in time, the PAckers needed to sustain a drive and keep the 49ers Offense off the field. If they could have walked away with some points - great, but at least get it past their own 40 just so the 49ers don't have good field position.

I get why Rogers threw it - he wanted to make a play and get this game closer. But you have to realize that in situations like the one they were in yesterday, the odds are not in your favor. Tuck the ball and get the 1st down or hit Kuhn for a small gain. Move the chains.

He could have hit Finley for a 10 year gain as well.

mraynrand
09-11-2012, 03:26 PM
I have to watch the all 22 but it looked like the coverage was superb and the pressure was good enough.

This is the correct call

Tony Oday
09-11-2012, 03:39 PM
Expectations are high for Mr. Reigning MVP. Rodgers made a lot of "rookie" mistakes in the 49er game. The dump off prior to halftime, the pick, inaccuracy, bad decisions, lack of awareness against blitzes despite having the best passer rating against blitzes last season are a few examples.

If Rodgers is not playing like an MVP, he's playing like a rookie. But that's just my opinion. Feel free to disagree. :-)

There is huge difference between rookie and MVP.