PDA

View Full Version : The Dagger Club

Deputy Nutz
09-10-2012, 08:57 PM
A radio station in Milwaukee has the done club for the Brewers. I am creating the dagger club for tha Packers. I am not saying this team is finished, but the magic carpet ride is over. This team is going to have to get tough and grind out wins and demonstrate that they can get the tough yards and put a defense out there that can stop an offense. Until then this team isn't Super Bowl Contenders

ND72
09-10-2012, 09:02 PM
Rodgers and the OL haven't handled middle pressure very well. Defense is easy to manipulate. Throw AT Bush, Perry, or whoever is at Safety (Jennings). I have no confidence on defense, I saw the same BS yesterday that we saw against NYG, and even as far back as Pittsburgh and Arizona a few years back. Very obvious Cullen Jenkins, & Nick Collins were very HUGE players for us.

pbmax
09-10-2012, 10:09 PM
Rodgers and the OL haven't handled middle pressure very well. Defense is easy to manipulate. Throw AT Bush, Perry, or whoever is at Safety (Jennings). I have no confidence on defense, I saw the same BS yesterday that we saw against NYG, and even as far back as Pittsburgh and Arizona a few years back. Very obvious Cullen Jenkins, & Nick Collins were very HUGE players for us.

Both started versus the Cardinals and Steeler games, didn't they?

ND72
09-10-2012, 10:23 PM
I get where you are going....but that brings me back more to the defensive scheme.

Smidgeon
09-10-2012, 10:50 PM
I get where you are going....but that brings me back more to the defensive scheme.

Which brings me back to a question I had in another thread (http://packerrats.com/showthread.php?24427-0-1-and-the-sky-is-falling&p=682936&viewfull=1#post682936) about why Fangio's defense is so much better than Capers' if they come from the same place. Is it scheme nuances or players or coaching?

LegandofthePack15
09-11-2012, 12:43 AM
The fact that the defense was able to sack the qb should give us a glimmer of hope. But the fucking unit has to get off the fucking field on third downs!

Gunakor
09-11-2012, 01:28 AM
The Niners were only 2 for 9 on 3rd down conversions. That's a pretty good job of our defense getting off the field on 3rd down.

The problem wasn't on 3rd down, it was on 1st and 2nd down. 22 first downs for the Niners, and our defense could only force 9 third downs in those 22 series. Very disappointing. Gotta stop your opponent on 2nd down to even have an opportunity to get off the field on 3rd down.

There were a few positives I came away with for our defense yesterday. It was nice to see them get pressure on the QB for the first time in 18 months. And they were effective when they could get to 3rd down. They gotta shore up the run defense though or simply getting to 3rd down is going to be a tall order all season long.

LegandofthePack15
09-11-2012, 05:33 AM
The Niners were only 2 for 9 on 3rd down conversions. That's a pretty good job of our defense getting off the field on 3rd down.

The problem wasn't on 3rd down, it was on 1st and 2nd down. 22 first downs for the Niners, and our defense could only force 9 third downs in those 22 series. Very disappointing. Gotta stop your opponent on 2nd down to even have an opportunity to get off the field on 3rd down.

There were a few positives I came away with for our defense yesterday. It was nice to see them get pressure on the QB for the first time in 18 months. And they were effective when they could get to 3rd down. They gotta shore up the run defense though or simply getting to 3rd down is going to be a tall order all season long.

Really? Seemed like if the Packers weren't letting the Niners covert 3rd downs (mostly 3rd and 5 or more), they were giving them new sets of downs with sometimes stupid, sometimes unfair penalties.

Fritz
09-11-2012, 05:56 AM
Let's not all shrivel up after one game.

It's a work in progress. The question is when and whether there will be progress.

Pugger
09-11-2012, 07:07 AM

We as fans have GOT to stop lamenting about Collins and Jenkins for crying out loud. This is ancient history. I see posts like this on every forum I visit. Last season you could see problems in the secondary before Collins got hurt. Our defensive issues are greater than the absence of these two gentlemen.

Pugger
09-11-2012, 07:09 AM

Yes, its a killer if your defense finds itself facing 2nd and short all the time. :-(

pbmax
09-11-2012, 09:36 AM
The fact that the defense was able to sack the qb should give us a glimmer of hope. But the fucking unit has to get off the fucking field on third downs!

They held the 9ers to 2 of 9 on 3rd down. 3rd down wasn't the problem. It was penalties (again) and 1st and 2nd down.

pbmax
09-11-2012, 09:37 AM

It's a work in progress. The question is when and whether there will be progress.

You tell 'em Fritz!

Now let's eat a God**** snack!

Deputy Nutz
10-07-2012, 08:23 PM
So do any of the loyal Packer fans out ther in Paeckerrat World want to buy a membership in the "Dagger Club"?

HarveyWallbangers
10-07-2012, 08:58 PM
I'm going to see how next week goes. If they upset Houston, they'll have three winnable games (at St. Louis, home vs. Jacksonville and Arizona) after that. All could be right in the world in 4 weeks. We'll see. I'm not overly confident right now, but the NFL is strange.

Pugger
10-07-2012, 09:23 PM
I'm not expecting a win next week. The best we can hope for is no more injuries and then see if we can right the ship against the Rams. Last year the Gmen went thru a 4 game losing streak and then got it together so the season isn't over yet.

wist43
10-07-2012, 09:32 PM

The defense isn't a work in progress - it is what it is, and it's been that way for 22 games now.

Capers thinks he can generate pressure with gimmicks, and play new techniques every snap - the defense has no identity beyond the fact that it is soft up front, and you can count on Capers to back off and play soft in critical situations. He guesses pass, and leaves the middle of the line undefended on 3rd and goal from the 2, and Luck walks in?? just as he guesses pass on third and 5 from Seattle's own 5 under 2 minutes, put 1 DL out there, and they walk it out for 7 yards?? just as he plays pass all the way on Donald Brown's 2 pt conversion and walks it right up the middle?? Reggie Wayne for 212 yards?? Niners rushing for 186 yards?? Brees passing for 450 yards?? League record for most passing yards allowed - EVER last year?? on and on...

We had another busted coverage on the miss to Avery that should have gone for an easy TD - it's the same crap every week. The last 2 weeks we've given up almost 1,000 of offense... 972 yards; minus sacks, but + penalties... which I didn't do the math on.

As I've said, I think TT improved our talent, but Capers is a lost cause - it's impossible to tell what we have on defense with that mug making the game plans and calling plays. Capers has to go... I've never trusted him, even when we won the SB, I didn't trust him.

MadtownPacker
10-07-2012, 09:38 PM
So do any of the loyal Packer fans out their in Packerrat World want to buy a membership in the "Dagger Club"?
I always fancied you more of the rope type.

http://www.visualphotos.com/photo/2x2732958/noose_hanging_from_branch_cb068397.jpg

MadtownPacker
10-07-2012, 09:40 PM
I'm not expecting a win next week. The best we can hope for is no more injuries and then see if we can right the ship against the Rams. Last year the Gmen went thru a 4 game losing streak and then got it together so the season isn't over yet.
You talking about the same Rams who nearly shutout the formerly undefeated AZ Cardinals?

mraynrand
10-07-2012, 09:44 PM
I am excited by how well this team plays without Greg Jennings at full strength. They will have no worries moving on without him next year.

Pugger
10-07-2012, 09:53 PM
I am excited by how well this team plays without Greg Jennings at full strength. They will have no worries moving on without him next year.

No shit. I hope this stops all that nonsense about trading Jennings and going with Jordy as our #1.

mraynrand
10-07-2012, 09:56 PM
No shit. I hope this stops all that nonsense about trading Jennings and going with Jordy as our #1.

You saw what a true #1 all-pro WR can do to a defense. There was a world of difference between the two 87s today.

denverYooper
10-07-2012, 10:20 PM
You saw what a true #1 all-pro WR can do to a defense. There was a world of difference between the two 87s today.

Yep. Watching Colston make plays in the clutch on the Bolts tonight too reminds me that the Packers currently have no #1. They don't have that go-to guy

mraynrand
10-07-2012, 10:29 PM
Yep. Watching Colston make plays in the clutch on the Bolts tonight too reminds me that the Packers currently have no #1. They don't have that go-to guy

You can't underestimate that confidence that comes from a long-standing relationship. All those practices, going way back to 2006 and 2007 when Favre was the starter. Rodgers just would throw stuff Jennings' way, knowing where exactly he would be, the route, the shoulder, everything. It can be the difference between a first down and a game changing INT to Jones, just to think of a random example.

Smidgeon
10-08-2012, 10:58 AM
You can't underestimate that confidence that comes from a long-standing relationship. All those practices, going way back to 2006 and 2007 when Favre was the starter. Rodgers just would throw stuff Jennings' way, knowing where exactly he would be, the route, the shoulder, everything. It can be the difference between a first down and a game changing INT to Jones, just to think of a random example.

But Jennings hasn't done much since last year either. Even when he was on the field. He's seemed off since his injury late last year.

Patler
10-08-2012, 12:00 PM

Well, with the crap season Jennings is having, the Packers might (not likely) actually be able to afford him.

mraynrand
10-08-2012, 12:23 PM
But Jennings hasn't done much since last year either. Even when he was on the field. He's seemed off since his injury late last year.

Yes, this is true. Not counting the Flynn/Detroit game of course, Rodgers is 3-5 since Jennings got hurt.

denverYooper
10-08-2012, 12:32 PM
Well, with the crap season Jennings is having, the Packers might (not likely) actually be able to afford him.

Yeah. He might be one of those guys that gets overpaid somewhere else next year, much to the dismay of Packers fans. As much as they are struggling without a true #1 in there, I'd think they'll find it hard to justify paying him too much. But then maybe he'll supplement his income enough with Old Spice commercials to where he'll be satisfied taking a pay cut to stay on a good team with an HOF level QB.

I foresee Cobb becoming more of the security blanket as the season goes on. His role is still pretty small but even in limited work there have been several instances this year already where he comes up with a needed play when they can't seem to get going. That was something they used to get from Jennings.

Joemailman
10-08-2012, 12:46 PM
I'm going to see how next week goes. If they upset Houston, they'll have three winnable games (at St. Louis, home vs. Jacksonville and Arizona) after that. All could be right in the world in 4 weeks. We'll see. I'm not overly confident right now, but the NFL is strange.

They need to win one of the next 2 weeks. If they can get to 3-4, they have a good chance of having a typical strong finish. 2-5 would be almost impossible to come back from though.

mmmdk
10-08-2012, 01:21 PM
What kind of club is this anyway? Can I get laid - and is "dagger" some kind of randy metaphor?? :wave:

LEWCWA
10-08-2012, 01:57 PM
Cripes I understand the sky is falling, but yesterdays game looked like the fix was in! GB got jobbed on 2 huge calls again, dropped about 10 int's it seemed like and totally mismanaged the clock at the end, settling for a long field goal attempt, instead of trying to pick up another 5-10 yards....It was very surreal watching that game.....

sooner6600
10-08-2012, 02:21 PM
Make mine a Seppuko dagger; please!

Yoi ichinichi o

Deputy Nutz
10-08-2012, 05:18 PM
What kind of club is this anyway? Can I get laid - and is "dagger" some kind of randy metaphor?? :wave:

YOU BET!!! Spread those legs baby!!!

wist43
10-08-2012, 05:53 PM
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/514lHS9F4wL._SL500_SS500_.jpg

Bretsky
10-08-2012, 08:31 PM
Both started versus the Cardinals and Steeler games, didn't they?

It's crystal clear to me that the Football Karma Gods have cursed the Packers and it appears the curse will continue until you come clean and admit you know the truth......that the Packers greatly greatly miss Cullen Jenkins

Bretsky
10-08-2012, 08:36 PM
They need to win one of the next 2 weeks. If they can get to 3-4, they have a good chance of having a typical strong finish. 2-5 would be almost impossible to come back from though.

They will be 5-4 in a month
If they lose this week vs. the Texans it might be time to bring back the whammy

mmmdk
10-08-2012, 08:43 PM
YOU BET!!! Spread those legs baby!!!

The world spreads its legs to me - every f@cking day!

HarveyWallbangers
10-14-2012, 10:49 PM

What he said.

pbmax
10-14-2012, 10:51 PM
It's crystal clear to me that the Football Karma Gods have cursed the Packers and it appears the curse will continue until you come clean and admit you know the truth......that the Packers greatly greatly miss Cullen Jenkins

No curse tonight!

MadtownPacker
10-14-2012, 11:06 PM
Is it too late to sign up for the club?

Deputy Nutz
10-16-2012, 10:03 PM
Packer fans have no faith when things go bad, they weather no storm. When things go well they are invincible, and then completely shocked and awed when they lose again.

Who said that Jordy wasn't a number 1? He made several unbelievable catches Sunday night, especially for a "possession" receiver.

pbmax
10-16-2012, 10:20 PM
Packer fans have no faith when things go bad, they weather no storm. When things go well they are invincible, and then completely shocked and awed when they lose again.

Who said that Jordy wasn't a number 1? He made several unbelievable catches Sunday night, especially for a "possession" receiver.

Well, he also had a completely unnecessary drop. Plus there is speculation that Joseph, the big FA acquisition for the Texans at CB has been playing poorly lately because he is hurt. In fact, I believe he recently missed game time with some kind of injury. So his game might carry a bit of an asterisk.

So, I'd like more data before anointing him #1.

HarveyWallbangers
10-16-2012, 10:58 PM

I'd like to offer this as exhibit A that I still had faith.

It seems to me that most on this thread had not jumped off the cliff--except for this guy.

I am not saying this team is finished, but the magic carpet ride is over. This team is going to have to get tough and grind out wins and demonstrate that they can get the tough yards and put a defense out there that can stop an offense. Until then this team isn't Super Bowl Contenders

So do any of the loyal Packer fans out ther in Paeckerrat World want to buy a membership in the "Dagger Club"?

Bretsky
10-16-2012, 11:05 PM
They will be 5-4 in a month
If they lose this week vs. the Texans it might be time to bring back the whammy

Ya, and this dude might stiil be right with the 5-4 althought it might be 6-3 as well
In the end it's a race to 11 wins
11 wins gets us in the playoffs
I'm not too convinced home field means anything anymore
Just get to the Big Show and try to run the table again