PDA

View Full Version : Packers -v- Bears game week talk

RashanGary
09-10-2012, 09:11 PM
Marshmallow Newhouse is going to get a real test this week. Facing the 4-3 defense, he's going to be left alone on Peppers a lot more than he was alone on Smith.

We'll get a big glimpse of what kind of player he's going to be for us.

We have to see the secondary take steps forward. The further we go along, the more they stay the same, the more likely it is we don't stand much of a chance in the post season. More than any other part of this team, that's the area we could get big improvement over the course of the season. Or it might not happen. That's what makes it interesting.

Nick Perry is another guy. He carries more than enough strength and weight to play the position. As the season goes on, I don't worry about him losing strength or weight. He can afford it. But I'd like to see him get a little better each week, particularly in the pass rush. He has his go-to move, the bull rush. He can get the corner on slower tackles. Now Greene has to target an inside and outside counter move to work off of his bull rush. Each game, I'm hoping to see him develop a little more, and be peaking near the end of the season. Same goes for Worthy, he needs to evolve as a pass rusher each game.

If our secondary doesn't get better, our pass rush has a better chance. Still, defense wins championships, and we need both to improve if we're going to be a scary team. Right now we're a team that can win a lot of games, but will lose the big ones. Hopefully that changes.

Bossman641
09-10-2012, 09:33 PM
If the Bears don't get at least 2 picks on Cutler I will be disappointed. Yes, he has better WR's but he still forces the ball, especially to Marshall - 15 attempts to Marshall yesterday and many when he was well covered. Clay should be able to absolutely beast against Webb. The Bear OL was getting eaten alive early against Indy. They only got settled in once Freeney left the game.

Packers4Glory
09-10-2012, 10:17 PM
Marshall n forte. 300+ yards combined. Real possibility.

The Shadow
09-10-2012, 10:49 PM
Bush at corner is an invitation to lose.
I would MUCH rather see Hayward or Shields in there.

wist43
09-11-2012, 01:26 AM
Our defense is a complete mess... and has been for 18 games now. Our front seven is improved, but the backend is a muddled mess and Capers is clueless. He has to go.

Our offense is still very good, but teams now have a blueprint to stifle our passing attack - and of course we can't run the ball to save our lives.

Losing to the Bears at home is a real possibility. They're much more physical than we are, and they are pretty good at slowing down our passing game. It will be a close game.

Gunakor
09-11-2012, 01:42 AM
While everyone is voicing thier concern about our secondary, I was much more concerned with the 189 yard rushing that the Niners put up on our defense. Even in this pass happy league we find ourselves in today, it's gonna be tough to beat anybody when they can run at us like that.

And I wouldn't panic about our run game after yesterday. Nobody can run against that defense. We're not special in that regard.

denverYooper
09-11-2012, 05:56 AM
Bush at corner is an invitation to lose.
I would MUCH rather see Hayward or Shields in there.

I bet Shields will start. I think Bush started v. the 9ers bc of their run game.

Fritz
09-11-2012, 06:12 AM
There does seem now to be a blueprint to beat the Packer offense. It's the same one teams employed against Favre. Holmgren's response was not to run the ball more - to me, a typical line was Edgar Bennett with about fifteen carries for sixty yards (just enough to move the ball a little) - but to try to use the short pass as the running game, and get the safeties to creep up.

Let's see what MM does.

denverYooper
09-11-2012, 06:48 AM
Our defense is a complete mess... and has been for 18 games now. Our front seven is improved, but the backend is a muddled mess and Capers is clueless. He has to go.

Our offense is still very good, but teams now have a blueprint to stifle our passing attack - and of course we can't run the ball to save our lives.

Losing to the Bears at home is a real possibility. They're much more physical than we are, and they are pretty good at slowing down our passing game. It will be a close game.

You are right about the defense. They are still a mess. Fortunately the season is young and there is reason to think they might actually improve this year. Two things that stood out were that they were able to get pressure against a pretty good line and they actually made stops on 3rd downs: 2 things that were never present last year. Now, if teams figure out how to consistently produce without getting to 3rd down much, as the 9ers did, then they've just traded old problems for new ones, so we'll see.

They didn't stand pat there in the offseason or even in the 49ers game. In the offseason they piled up personnel on the DL and in the backend. In the game, they pulled Jennings for McMillan when the doc got abused. Unfortunately, they lost Bishop for the year (what is it with this D losing a marquee player every year!?), which was a blow. So there are a lot of new parts. We'll find out this year whether or not that helps and if it doesn't, my bet is that Capers will be gone.

As for the Bears being more physical: their offseason moves suggest them becoming more of a finesse team and I have my doubts that they are that much more physical than the Packers now. They're certainly much less physical than the Niners, which are more like the Bears we used to see when Urlacher and Briggs were in their primes. That's not to say losing isn't a real possibility, but I doubt it will be a difference in physicality.

denverYooper
09-11-2012, 07:06 AM
There does seem now to be a blueprint to beat the Packer offense. It's the same one teams employed against Favre. Holmgren's response was not to run the ball more - to me, a typical line was Edgar Bennett with about fifteen carries for sixty yards (just enough to move the ball a little) - but to try to use the short pass as the running game, and get the safeties to creep up.

Let's see what MM does.

The blueprint has to do with slowing down the offense, and holding it to 20 ppg, not stopping it. And a big part of the reason it has worked is because the defense has been so bad and unable to get off of the field.

Cobb could be the offense's best weapon come year's end. The offense seemed to get unstuck once they started moving him around.

Smidgeon
09-11-2012, 10:33 AM
You are right about the defense. They are still a mess. Fortunately the season is young and there is reason to think they might actually improve this year. Two things that stood out were that they were able to get pressure against a pretty good line and they actually made stops on 3rd downs: 2 things that were never present last year. Now, if teams figure out how to consistently produce without getting to 3rd down much, as the 9ers did, then they've just traded old problems for new ones, so we'll see.

They didn't stand pat there in the offseason or even in the 49ers game. In the offseason they piled up personnel on the DL and in the backend. In the game, they pulled Jennings for McMillan when the doc got abused. Unfortunately, they lost Bishop for the year (what is it with this D losing a marquee player every year!?), which was a blow. So there are a lot of new parts. We'll find out this year whether or not that helps and if it doesn't, my bet is that Capers will be gone.

As for the Bears being more physical: their offseason moves suggest them becoming more of a finesse team and I have my doubts that they are that much more physical than the Packers now. They're certainly much less physical than the Niners, which are more like the Bears we used to see when Urlacher and Briggs were in their primes. That's not to say losing isn't a real possibility, but I doubt it will be a difference in physicality.

I really don't see Capers being shown the door before M3 finishes his reign unless Capers retires. At that point, the Pack will stick with the 3-4 and only promote or hire someone who can work with the pressure defense.

They committed to this, and changing it after 4 years would be rather hasty for an organization like the Packers. This isn't the 9ers or Raiders.

denverYooper
09-11-2012, 10:57 AM
I really don't see Capers being shown the door before M3 finishes his reign unless Capers retires. At that point, the Pack will stick with the 3-4 and only promote or hire someone who can work with the pressure defense.

They committed to this, and changing it after 4 years would be rather hasty for an organization like the Packers. This isn't the 9ers or Raiders.

I'll use that comment to segue into another topic on my mind recently: the Niners have only recently found coaching stability, but haven't they built up their defensive group over several years? Singletary might have been a nut but he seems to have sown the seeds of this defense that is now in its prime.

pbmax
09-11-2012, 11:23 AM
I'll use that comment to segue into another topic on my mind recently: the Niners have only recently found coaching stability, but haven't they built up their defensive group over several years? Singletary might have been a nut but he seems to have sown the seeds of this defense that is now in its prime.

They have had competent player personnel for a while. Including a guy, Scott McLoughan? I think, who has Packers/Seahawks ties with Thompson and Schneider I think. He is no longer there after a strange sequence where he seemed squeezed out but the parties indicated there was something else happening.

wist43
09-11-2012, 01:08 PM
No team is more finesse that the Packers. TT built the offense around passing no regard whatsoever for running the ball; and defensively, the Packers have little interest in playing any.

We've had the 3-4 in place for a few years now, but prior to this years draft TT hadn't done much to build the front seven. Losing Jenkins and Collins killed what defense we had. Still, there's no excuse for the miscommunication in the back end, and the soft play up front... I assign most of the blame to Capers.

I've never trusted him... he's as likely to have a bad game plan as a good one, and he never makes adjustments. He'd rather get cute with gimmicks than pare things down and play fundamentally sound football.

I've had enough of Capers... he has to go.

Bossman641
09-11-2012, 02:14 PM
Cutler and Marshall already talking shit......

Cutler wished Green Bay's secondary "good luck" at utilizing physical tactics against Chicago's receivers, while Brandon Marshall deadpanned, "I do welcome that."

"We've got some dudes that, if you're gonna get up in their face, even our speed guys are gonna get around them, and our big guys are gonna throw and go," Cutler said. "So we invite press coverage. We invite man (coverage). If we get that type of game, our guys outside have to make some plays for us."

In the past, with Packers cornerbacks jamming Chicago's receivers at the line of scrimmage, the Bears often failed to make the plays Cutler referenced. In two losses to the Packers last season, running back Matt Forte finished as the team's leading receiver in one (7 catches, 80 yards) while recently retired receiver Roy Williams (6 catches, 81 yards) led the team in the other.

In the last eight meetings against Green Bay (counting the 2010 NFC Championship Game), Chicago has won only once with dominance by the Packers' defensive backs serving as one of the primary reasons.

The Bears' addressed their shortcomings at receiver in the offseason by signing Marshall and drafting Alshon Jeffery.

"It's all about matchups," Marshall said. "I'm 6-5 (listed at 6-foot-4), 230, and there aren't too many DBs walking around that big. "If they want to get physical, I do welcome that. But again, you look at (Tramon) Williams and (Sam) Shields over there, and even (Charles) Woodson when he's down there. They like to mix it up. They give you different looks, and that's what makes them big-play potential."

Unlike in past years, the Bears feature a receiving corps stocked with size and strength in Marshall and the 6-3, 216-pound rookie Jeffery. Marshall was targeted 15 times and caught nine passes for 115 yards and a touchdown Sunday in a 41-21 win over the Indianapolis Colts while Jeffery caught three passes for 80 yards and a TD.

The diversity of Cutler's offensive weaponry in addition to the change in scheme with new offensive coordinator Mike Tice equates to "a different energy" and "confidence" in the locker room than the quarterback has experienced throughout his four-year tenure.

"I think there's a big difference in what we're doing offensively. This is a totally different scheme and mentality and direction of where we're going offensively," Cutler said.

mraynrand
09-11-2012, 02:27 PM
Cutler and Marshall already talking shit...... Cutler wished Green Bay's secondary "good luck" at utilizing physical tactics against Chicago's receivers, while Brandon Marshall deadpanned, "I do welcome that."

I wish Cutler good luck* with his trick knee - the one that 'gives out' when he chokes

http://packerrats.com/image.php?u=130&dateline=1345143422http://packerrats.com/image.php?u=130&dateline=1345143422http://packerrats.com/image.php?u=130&dateline=1345143422http://packerrats.com/image.php?u=130&dateline=1345143422
* that's a figgure of speech. I wish him bad luck.

mraynrand
09-11-2012, 02:31 PM
an oldie but a goodie from circa 1990:

LeRoy Butler drives into a gas station to fill up his car.

Packer fan: Playing da Bers dis week, arn'tcha?
Butler: Yes we are
Packer Fan: Yoo bedder win
Butler: I'll do my best
Packer Fan: I don't want yoo ta doo yur best. I want yoo ta win.

rbaloha1
09-11-2012, 02:32 PM
The Packers are favored by six.

Scary game. IMO Bush is better than SS due to confidence. SS is playing too tentative.

Offense needs to get its mojo back.

The front seven needs to step-up and start making plays.

Bossman641
09-11-2012, 03:19 PM
The Packers are favored by six.

Scary game. IMO Bush is better than SS due to confidence. SS is playing too tentative.

Offense needs to get its mojo back.

The front seven needs to step-up and start making plays.

What!?! SS finished stronger in the preseason and he stuck his nose in to stop Gore short of a first down on Sunday. What has Bush proved? And this is coming from someone who doesn't hate Bush like 90% of Packer fans do.

denverYooper
09-11-2012, 03:35 PM
I wish Cutler good luck* with his trick knee - the one that 'gives out' when he chokes

http://packerrats.com/image.php?u=130&dateline=1345143422http://packerrats.com/image.php?u=130&dateline=1345143422http://packerrats.com/image.php?u=130&dateline=1345143422http://packerrats.com/image.php?u=130&dateline=1345143422
* that's a figgure of speech. I wish him bad luck.

He hasn't had a lot of success against the Packers as a Bear. 1-5 record, and 78.5 has been his highest rating.

MadScientist
09-11-2012, 05:08 PM
What!?! SS finished stronger in the preseason and he stuck his nose in to stop Gore short of a first down on Sunday. What has Bush proved? And this is coming from someone who doesn't hate Bush like 90% of Packer fans do.

I think that Bush has proved that he can't cover a decent NFL receiver, let alone a good one. Give Shields a shot.

Pugger
09-11-2012, 05:27 PM
Cutlet and Marshall can talk cute all day long but they better be ready for Clay and Nick abusing their O line. Chicago's O line is not any where near as good as SF's and we got 4 sacks on that group the other night.

Joemailman
09-11-2012, 05:36 PM
No team is more finesse that the Packers. TT built the offense around passing no regard whatsoever for running the ball; and defensively, the Packers have little interest in playing any.

We've had the 3-4 in place for a few years now, but prior to this years draft TT hadn't done much to build the front seven. Losing Jenkins and Collins killed what defense we had. Still, there's no excuse for the miscommunication in the back end, and the soft play up front... I assign most of the blame to Capers.

I've never trusted him... he's as likely to have a bad game plan as a good one, and he never makes adjustments. He'd rather get cute with gimmicks than pare things down and play fundamentally sound football.

I've had enough of Capers... he has to go.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/defensive-energy-boost-lo4ps3j-145254405.html

"Frankly, we were so explosive on offense, maybe we weren't ready, maybe we went to too much sub (nickel)," he said. "We played so much sub defense the last couple of years, we'd like to get back to playing more base and doing some of the things this defense was built on.

Is it possible that Capers and MM have a philosophical difference on how the 3-4 should be implemented? If things don't markedly improve this year, could MM go with someone who approaches the 3-4 more like they do in Pittsburgh?

RashanGary
09-11-2012, 05:44 PM
Running the ball. . . .

Every year the Packers talk about running the ball. This week is no different. I have no clue why, but I believe them. I do think the Packers will run the ball well Thursday.

rbaloha1
09-11-2012, 06:54 PM
I think that Bush has proved that he can't cover a decent NFL receiver, let alone a good one. Give Shields a shot.

Why is Bush starting over SS. IMO its Bush's confidence and aggressiveness.

Freak Out
09-11-2012, 07:08 PM
Lets just hope Bush doesn't beat himself again this Thursday.

Joemailman
09-11-2012, 07:14 PM
MM today sounded pretty encouraged about how House looked in practice. Wouldn't rule out him getting some reps Thursday night.

pittstang5
09-11-2012, 07:39 PM
Pressure....

beats Cutler and the Bears

RashanGary
09-11-2012, 07:47 PM
MM today sounded pretty encouraged about how House looked in practice. Wouldn't rule out him getting some reps Thursday night.

House is a young player, almost no NFL game experience. I have a feeling he's ready, physically, but I'd lean toward them wanting him to have a full week of practice before they throw him out there.

Smidgeon
09-11-2012, 07:56 PM
Cutlet and Marshall can talk cute all day long but they better be ready for Clay and Nick abusing their O line. Chicago's O line is not any where near as good as SF's and we got 4 sacks on that group the other night.

That's how it should be, but I remember way too many times when we've expected an easy-pressure game only for the opposing QB to not even have a hurry. So I'm holding my breath.

But, by Caesar, I want to see Cutler bruised.

denverYooper
09-11-2012, 08:00 PM
Running the ball. . . .

Every year the Packers talk about running the ball. This week is no different. I have no clue why, but I believe them. I do think the Packers will run the ball well Thursday.

There was that one Bears game in 2008 where Grant just ran it down their throats all day. They won 37-3 and ended up with 200 yards rushing. It was a rare bright spot that year.

rbaloha1
09-11-2012, 09:45 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/defensive-energy-boost-lo4ps3j-145254405.html

Is it possible that Capers and MM have a philosophical difference on how the 3-4 should be implemented? If things don't markedly improve this year, could MM go with someone who approaches the 3-4 more like they do in Pittsburgh?

Yes they do -- MM prefers more base, Capers prefers more nickel and dime due to personnel imo.

rbaloha1
09-11-2012, 09:48 PM
There was that one Bears game in 2008 where Grant just ran it down their throats all day. They won 37-3 and ended up with 200 yards rushing. It was a rare bright spot that year.

MM previously stated attempts were more important. Recently MM stated average was more important than attempts.

mraynrand
09-11-2012, 10:53 PM
Pressure....

beats Cutler and the Bears

Bear killer returns this week:

http://packerchatters.com/wp-content/uploads/EWalden_BW_010211.jpg

Packers4Glory
09-12-2012, 07:03 AM
idk but can we spread some guys out and run out of that formation? work the play action in from the runs. play action doesn't do much if you're not actually running the ball. Even if its only 3 yards a pop, play action will work some if they know you are committed to running the ball. Just can't run a few plays and then quit because you don't get big gains. MM seems to forget it if it doesn't pay immediate dividends.

we SHOULD be able to run the ball off our right side and do it fairly respectfully.

Iron Mike
09-12-2012, 07:32 AM
Cutler and Marshall already talking shit......

You gotta love how when Chicago beats a team that went 2-14 last year, and GB loses to a team that was in last year's NFC Championship game, the Bears are already talking smack....

RashanGary
09-12-2012, 08:01 AM
Find it at JS blog

“Today, I didn’t think about it at all. I said before that I’d have to change up my game," House said on the harness and his physical play. "The truth is that I might have to change nothing up. That’s good.”

There we go. And Hayward had a little hammy tighten up on him. I have a hunch House and Hayward are going to be our guys this year.

BobDobbs
09-12-2012, 08:08 AM
Find it at JS blog

“Today, I didn’t think about it at all. I said before that I’d have to change up my game," House said on the harness and his physical play. "The truth is that I might have to change nothing up. That’s good.”

There we go. And Hayward had a little hammy tighten up on him. I have a hunch House and Hayward are going to be our guys this year.
I feel like they are going to keep playing guys in differnet packages and matchups for awhile. I'm hoping after the bye week they can settle in a rotation.

BobDobbs
09-12-2012, 08:13 AM
I just watched the condensed Bears v Colts game. Someone mentioned earlier in the thread that they'd be dissapointed if Cutler doesn't throw two picks and I agree. The Bears skill players on offense look good, but Cutler looked over confident to me. He'll throw it to Marshall and Jeffery whether they are covered or not. He's forcing throws. Maybe he's that good, but most of our corners are way bigger than the guys Indy is running with. And we take the ball.

pbmax
09-12-2012, 08:22 AM
Yes they do -- MM prefers more base, Capers prefers more nickel and dime due to personnel imo.

There is an additional constraint on them this year. Perry is newer, and after the evidence of one reg season game, worse in coverage than perhaps all other OLBs that have manned the position. So base is tough to run if he can't get it done because teams will do what the Niners did and flood that side of the field.

If reporters were right about the rep numbers by package in camp, I think the plan was to run more base rather than go to nickel, and then switch to dime in obvious passing situations.

mraynrand
09-12-2012, 08:32 AM
There is an additional constraint on them this year. Perry is newer, and after the evidence of one reg season game, worse in coverage than perhaps all other OLBs that have manned the position.

You noticed that the niners were switching up and running WRs against the LBs, right? I don't think the crappy coverage is all that surprising, given that scheme. I'm more interested in what the adjustment was/is supposed to be. I suspect the lack of adjustment was why Doc Jennings was pulled.

RashanGary
09-12-2012, 09:10 AM
I just watched the condensed Bears v Colts game. Someone mentioned earlier in the thread that they'd be dissapointed if Cutler doesn't throw two picks and I agree. The Bears skill players on offense look good, but Cutler looked over confident to me. He'll throw it to Marshall and Jeffery whether they are covered or not. He's forcing throws. Maybe he's that good, but most of our corners are way bigger than the guys Indy is running with. And we take the ball.

Marshall caught something like 18 passes against us a few years ago. He is a beast.

denverYooper
09-12-2012, 09:12 AM

He has done that his whole career. Even when he played with a younger, better B Marsh in Denver he'd drop into stretches of forcing the ball to him.

mmmdk
09-12-2012, 09:33 AM
My goodness, Bears at Packers on thursday will be the first Packers game in some time that I can't watch LIVE. Oh, I got the whole NFLgamePass package but can't bend my week schedule around it.

Win this one for me and for Packer fans of the world! Beat da Bears!! :pack:

pbmax
09-12-2012, 11:28 AM
You noticed that the niners were switching up and running WRs against the LBs, right? I don't think the crappy coverage is all that surprising, given that scheme. I'm more interested in what the adjustment was/is supposed to be. I suspect the lack of adjustment was why Doc Jennings was pulled.

Perhaps, but Jennings wasn't making the calls. Maybe he should have. We'll see because you know they will try that this week.

mraynrand
09-12-2012, 11:49 AM
Perhaps, but Jennings wasn't making the calls. Maybe he should have. We'll see because you know they will try that this week.

I get that. But hopefully, the problem was communicating calls, and Jennings failing on the receiving end, so that we can hope it gets solved - at least improved - tomorrow.

run pMc
09-12-2012, 12:07 PM
Jennings wasn't making the calls. Maybe he should have.
IIRC Jennings owned up to the mistake on the TD to Moss. Apparently Burnett made an adjustment call and he didn't hear him...which leads me to something that I've wondered for a little while. If "communication" was an issue last year and still appears to be, is that Burnett's fault? Who is calling the adjustments in the secondary, and why are there so many "miscommunications"? Is this from losing Collins who presumably was making the calls until he got hurt? Is it just that the S spot is so young?

Sorry, I know I'm off topic, just wondering what others think...

For the record, I hope Culter and the Bears get spanked with a bounce-back defensive effort...but I'm nervous about a 0-2 start.

RashanGary
09-12-2012, 01:15 PM
Here's the gameplan

We're going to start out the game with 2TEs (DJ Williams/J Mike) with Green in the backfield.

We're going to snap the ball, the WR and fast TEs are going to run route combinations making sure to draw the middle linebacker out of the middle of the field, and teh other routes drawing the OLBs a little to the outside.

Green is going to chip Peppers or someone else, settle down in the middle (where the Urlacher void is in the cover 2) the passes will go to Green over the shallow middle, he'll make a geezer miss and pick up 9 yards. We'll do this regularly, early.

We're going to mix in runs, particularly up the middle on draws (again, the WR's pulling the LBs away from the middle of the field with thier routes. All of this is open because Shitcago is afraid of giving up the big play adn getting behind. Plus, it's the soft spot of cover 2, what they'll likely be playing to start the game.

Then we're going to do motions into the backfield w/ Williams and do some running to the outside w/ Williams as a blocker.

We're going to get ahead, Chicago will start taking chances at stopping the glaring hole in the shallow middle of their defense. Then we're going to pick up big chunks, putting Cutler in retard mode.

Defensively we're going to mix it up more. We're going to start similar to how we did with the 49ers, playing gap responsible and soft coverage. Then, we'll mix in some aggressive calls. We'll shoot gaps, getting quick pressure on Cutler (unusual for Dom) and play downhill, taking chances at the interception.We'll get to him, and he wont' have time to take advantage of the coverage risks by going down field.

30-21 Packers (FG's early, TD's later)

Game

Pugger
09-12-2012, 01:20 PM
You gotta love how when Chicago beats a team that went 2-14 last year, and GB loses to a team that was in last year's NFC Championship game, the Bears are already talking smack....

Consider the source.

I hope that chit was posted in the Packers' lockerroom..

mission
09-12-2012, 05:50 PM
Worried about this game almost as much as last week, but think we squeak out a win.
Just not sure about this team, especially defense. If covering the right guys requires 4-6 guys all to have the exact same call then maybe we just need to man the hell up since that's so difficult to do.

RashanGary
09-12-2012, 06:59 PM
Worried about this game almost as much as last week, but think we squeak out a win.
Just not sure about this team, especially defense. If covering the right guys requires 4-6 guys all to have the exact same call then maybe we just need to man the hell up since that's so difficult to do.

I don't think this is nearly as bad as SF.

Bears have a bad OL (weakens both their run game and pass game)
Bears only have one legit passing option (allowing us to match their personnel more easily)

Defensively, the Bears aren't nearly as fast or strong as SF. They're disciplined, but not nearly as physical. We should have more time to pass, and more holes to run.

ST's, they're about equal to the 49ers.

From top to bottom, I don't think this Bear team is as good as SF, and not nearly the matchup problem for us.

George Cumby
09-12-2012, 07:26 PM
A friend at work was talking some shit. I told him that at least the Packers played an NFL Team. That shut him up.

We have a six of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale riding on the game. He's a good guy, even if he is misguided.......

Pugger
09-13-2012, 07:03 AM
Lets just hope Bush doesn't beat himself again this Thursday.

:lol:

I hope Bush is only on the field in dime situations and ST.

RashanGary
09-13-2012, 07:38 AM
I thought Marshall had 18 catches on us once, but it must have been a Monday night game where he had 18 or 19 against the chargers. He also had 21 catches in a game against Miami in 09, an NFL record for catches in a game.

The guy is a beast. He's listed at 6'4", but he's 6'4 1/2" and 230. The way he moves, he plays like he's 6'1". The times I watched him a couple years ago, I thought he was the best WR in football. He's a head-case, but he's as talented as they come.

Luckily, he's their only real weapon and we should be able to bracket him.

Zool
09-13-2012, 09:22 AM

I hope Bush is only on the field in ST situations.

There we go. Good.

Bossman641
09-13-2012, 10:20 AM
I don't think this is nearly as bad as SF.

Bears have a bad OL (weakens both their run game and pass game)
Bears only have one legit passing option (allowing us to match their personnel more easily)

Defensively, the Bears aren't nearly as fast or strong as SF. They're disciplined, but not nearly as physical. We should have more time to pass, and more holes to run.

ST's, they're about equal to the 49ers.

From top to bottom, I don't think this Bear team is as good as SF, and not nearly the matchup problem for us.

You give the Bear WR a little less respect then they deserve. Marshall is a legit #1, Bennett is a good possession receiver, Jefferey but he at least gives Cutler a bail out option for when he makes bad decisions. Their TE's aren't a threat at all. Forte is very good out of the backfield. I think controlling passes to him will actually be key.

Their defense is nowhere near SF though. Urlacher is banged up and had trouble moving Sunday. I'm not a big fan of their secondary. Tillman is banged up. Conte and Wright aren't special at safety. Jennings and DJ Moore are both more quick then fast. They are little guys, but they can make plays on the ball in the air.

Packers4Glory
09-13-2012, 10:53 AM

I hope Bush is only on the field in dime situations and ST.

I hope he's only in on blitzing situation and ST

Pugger
09-13-2012, 10:58 AM
I thought Marshall had 18 catches on us once, but it must have been a Monday night game where he had 18 or 19 against the chargers. He also had 21 catches in a game against Miami in 09, an NFL record for catches in a game.

The guy is a beast. He's listed at 6'4", but he's 6'4 1/2" and 230. The way he moves, he plays like he's 6'1". The times I watched him a couple years ago, I thought he was the best WR in football. He's a head-case, but he's as talented as they come.

Luckily, he's their only real weapon and we should be able to bracket him.

Marshall had a big game against us in 2010 when he played for the Dolphins and they beat us in OT.