PDA

View Full Version : Official 2012 NFC North Passer Ratings Thread

Joemailman
09-11-2012, 05:02 PM
Week 1

Christian Ponder-Minnesota 105.5 :tup:
Jay Cutler - Chicago 98.9 :smile:
Aaron Rodgers - Green Bay 93.3 :neutral:
Matt Stafford - Detroit 69.4 http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing024.gif

Well this is different. Rodgers with some competition, at least so far.

Week 2 Matchups:

Christian Ponder at Indianapolis
Jay Cutler at Green Bay
Aaron Rodgers vs. Chicago
Matt Stafford at San Francisco

Joemailman
09-17-2012, 10:20 AM
Week 2

Christian Ponder 110.6 :tup: (7th overall) Last week: 105.5
Aaron Rodgers 89.9 :neutral: (18th overall) Last week: 93.3
Matt Stafford 73.2 http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing014.gif (27th overall) Last week: 69.4
Jay Cutler 58.5 http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing021.gif (31st overall) Last week: 98.9

Ponder perhaps exceeding expectations so far, with the other 3 still struggling to various degrees. However, Ponder goes up against 49ers defense this week.

Week 3 matchups:

Christian Ponder vs San Francisco
Aaron Rodgers at Seattle
Matt Stafford at Tennessee
Jay Cutler vs. St. Louis

denverYooper
09-17-2012, 10:26 AM
Rodgers's performance against the 49ers is going to look pretty good by the end of the season.

Upnorth
09-18-2012, 01:30 PM
Good work Joe. Love this thread.
Where did Cali Cheez's weekly playoff breakdown go?

Guiness
09-18-2012, 01:41 PM
Week 2

Jay Cutler 58.5 http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing021.gif (31st overall) Last week: 98.9

Who was 32nd? Still Weedon?

denverYooper
09-24-2012, 04:24 PM
Rodgers hasn't gone more than 4 games in a row with a QB Rating under 100 ever in his career. His first 4 appearances and a stretch in 2010 were both 4 game spans.

If you include the Giants playoff game, he's at 3 currently. So he's due for one of his signature killer games but this Seattle secondary will make this offense work hard. They've got a good group on the back end.

I don't see him having an issue against NO next week though. Boy, do they look like a mess on D right now.

Joemailman
09-25-2012, 05:03 PM
Week 3

Christian Ponder 104.9 :tup: (5th overall) Last week: 110.6
Aaron Rodgers 87.0 :neutral: (16th overall) Last week: 89.9
Matt Stafford 83.5 :neutral: (22nd overall) Last week: 73.2
Jay Cutler 58.6 http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing021.gif (31st overall) Last week: 58.5

Ponder and Rodgers both slipped a bit. Stafford improved about 10 points. Cutler is to be lauded for his consistency.

Week 4 Matchups:

Christian Ponder at Detroit
Aaron Rodgers vs. New Orleans
Matt Stafford vs. Minnesota
Jay Cutler at Dallas

Patler
09-25-2012, 05:17 PM
So Cutler has a game of:
17/31, 183 yds, 0 tds, 1 int, 58.9 QB rating.
and actually raises his total QB rating for the season?? Hilarious!

Joemailman
10-02-2012, 04:37 PM
Week 4

Christian Ponder 97.7 :tup: (8th overall) Last week: 104.9
Aaron Rodgers 95.7 :clap: (12th overall) Last week: 87.0
Matt Stafford 81.6 :neutral: (21st overall) Last week: 83.5
Jay Cutler 75.3 :lol: (25th overall) Last week: 58.6

Ponder slipping a bit, and Rodgers has almost caught him. Stafford has been just average. Cutler had his best game of the year against the Cowboys.

Week 5 Matchups:

Christian Ponder vs. Tennessee
Aaron Rodgers at Indianapolis
Matt Stafford Bye Week
Jay Cutler at Jacksonville

mmmdk
10-02-2012, 06:48 PM
I love this thread! Thanks, Joe. :-D

pbmax
10-03-2012, 10:25 AM
I know Rodgers thinks highly of him as he assisted his brother with his recruitment to Vanderbilt, but Cutler really seems to have a Jeff George know it all streak.

Pugger
10-03-2012, 12:15 PM
The bares won on Monday night because of Tony Romo and not Cutlet. ;-)

LP
10-04-2012, 02:17 PM
I know Rodgers thinks highly of him as he assisted his brother with his recruitment to Vanderbilt, but Cutler really seems to have a Jeff George know it all streak.

Maybe there's something in the water in Indiana.

Joemailman
10-08-2012, 12:35 PM
Week 4

Aaron Rodgers 97.0 :smile: (8th overall) Last week: 95.7
Christian Ponder 95.5 :smile: (10th overall) Last week: 97.7
Matt Stafford 81.6 :neutral: (19th overall) Last week: 81.6
Jay Cutler 78.7 :neutral: (21st overall) Last week: 75.3

Rodgers continues his steady climb as he takes the lead. Ponder slipped a bit. Stafford had bye week. Cutler had his 2nd consecutive good week.

Week 6 Matchups:

Aaron Rodgers at Houston
Christian Ponder at Washington
Matt Stafford at Philadelphia
Jay Cutler bye week

Patler
10-08-2012, 12:59 PM
Week 4
Jay Cutler 78.7 :neutral: (21st overall) Last week: 75.3

... Cutler had his 2nd consecutive good week.

I enjoy this thread, thanks; but isn't it interesting how we apply different standards?

Cutler was 23/39 for 292 yards, 2 TDs and 1 interception for a passer rating of 88.8. Would we have considered that a good week for Aaron Rodgers? Probably not, nor should we.

mmmdk
10-08-2012, 01:08 PM
I've said it before...Thank you for this thread! Otherwise; ARs is taking a beating as he & probably Clay are the only SB talent we have. Seems like we're headed for a B. Favre post SB win/SB run era where Favre had to do it all to win the Lombardi Trophy. What a shame...so who's our next super superstar QB to win another ring?

Aaron Rodgers is NOT the problem!

LEWCWA
10-08-2012, 02:04 PM
This is all well and good, but does taking sacks affect your rating? Mr. Rodgers was not getting rid of the ball yesterday. He took some sacks holding the ball. He is not playing well, no matter what that rating says.....his receivers aren't helping him this year either! F it the whole team sucks right now, but mark it down Houston goes down next Sunday!

mmmdk
10-08-2012, 02:14 PM
This is all well and good, but does taking sacks affect your rating? Mr. Rodgers was not getting rid of the ball yesterday. He took some sacks holding the ball. He is not playing well, no matter what that rating says.....his receivers aren't helping him this year either! F it the whole team sucks right now, but mark it down Houston goes down next Sunday!

Green Bay, we have a problem...:lol:

denverYooper
10-08-2012, 02:23 PM
I enjoy this thread, thanks; but isn't it interesting how we apply different standards?

Cutler was 23/39 for 292 yards, 2 TDs and 1 interception for a passer rating of 88.8. Would we have considered that a good week for Aaron Rodgers? Probably not, nor should we.

If the Bears had Aaron Rodgers paired with their defense, they'd be carrying a +40 ppg differential

Smidgeon
10-08-2012, 03:09 PM
If the Bears had Aaron Rodgers paired with their defense, they'd be carrying a +40 ppg differential

Their defense has already scored 5 TDs (so I heard somewhere). I think that's the number of INTs the Pack has all year. What's happened to the GB opportunistic defense??? :|

gbgary
10-08-2012, 11:15 PM
we have two week 4s! too bad you can't edit it. the time clock has run out. :roll:

Joemailman
10-15-2012, 08:22 AM
Week 6

Aaron Rodgers 105.4 :tup: (1st overall) Last week: 97.0
Christian Ponder 92.4 :D (10th overall) Last week: 95.5
Matt Stafford 79.2 :lol: (24th overall) Last week: 81.6
Jay Cutler 78.7 :lol: (25th overall) Last week: 78.7

Rodgers blows everyone away with a memorable performance. Ponder continues to slip a bit. Stafford continues to be average at best. Cutler had a bye week.

Week 7 Matchups:

Aaron Rodgers at St. Louis
Christian Ponder vs. Arizona
Matt Stafford at Chicago
Jay Cutler vs. Detroit

Zool
10-17-2012, 12:52 PM
Missed this on first brush. Bumping.

Patler
10-17-2012, 01:54 PM
Missed this on first brush. Bumping.

This was up on Monday? How did I miss it?

Cheesehead Craig
10-17-2012, 04:29 PM
This was up on Monday? How did I miss it?

You're not on here very often so it's understandable.

Zool
10-23-2012, 11:04 AM
Joe must still be out delivering mail.

Freak Out
10-23-2012, 11:57 AM
Joe is currently suffering from rabies and is unable to post.

Joemailman
10-24-2012, 10:12 AM
Week 7

Aaron Rodgers 109.6 :five: (1st overall) Last week: 105.4
Christian Ponder 87.5 :neutral: (14th overall) Last week: 92.4
Matt Stafford 78.4 :lol: (24th overall) Last week: 79.2
Jay Cutler 78.3 :lol: (25th overall) Last week: 78.7

Well this was a contest for a while, but it looks like a rout now. Rodgers continues to light it up, while the other 3 are mired in mediocrity.

Rodgers has achieved his 109.6 against defenses that have allowed an average opponent passer rating of 82.2.

Week 8 Matchups:

Aaron Rodgers vs. Jacksonville
Christian Ponder vs. Tampa Bay
Matt Stafford vs. Seattle
Jay Cutler vs. Carolina

Upnorth
10-24-2012, 10:22 AM
It feels like the passing defences in the league are a little better this year, but I must admit I am looking at it from a packers perspective. They are still giving up lots of yards, but I believe there have been more picks and less passing tds up to this point.

Smidgeon
10-24-2012, 10:44 AM
It feels like the passing defences in the league are a little better this year, but I must admit I am looking at it from a packers perspective. They are still giving up lots of yards, but I believe there have been more picks and less passing tds up to this point.

Actually, I'd felt they were getting less picks than previous years. :\ The passing TDs and yards are significantly down, the pass rush is significantly up, but this might be the year where they don't post good INT numbers...

George Cumby
10-24-2012, 05:33 PM
Week 7

Aaron Rodgers 109.6 :five: (1st overall) Last week: 105.4
Christian Ponder 87.5 :neutral: (14th overall) Last week: 92.4
Matt Stafford 78.4 :lol: (24th overall) Last week: 79.2
Jay Cutler 78.3 :lol: (25th overall) Last week: 78.7

Well this was a contest for a while, but it looks like a rout now. Rodgers continues to light it up, while the other 3 are mired in mediocrity.

Rodgers has achieved his 109.6 against defenses that have allowed an average opponent passer rating of 82.2.

Well, if this trend continues during the latter half of the schedule and QBR differential is the key in victory or defeat, the Pack have a very good chance of winning the division.

gbgary
10-25-2012, 06:57 PM
AR with 19 tds. that's a season for a lot of guys.

denverYooper
10-25-2012, 08:52 PM
Ponder's rating might be going down after tonight. Yeesh.

Joemailman
10-28-2012, 09:20 PM
Week 8

Aaron Rodgers 107.9 :five: (1st overall) Last week: 109.6
Christian Ponder 85.8 :neutral: (15th overall) Last week: 87.5
Matt Stafford 82.1 :lol: (23rd overall) Last week: 78.4
Jay Cutler 78.9 :lol: (24th overall) Last week: 78.3

Not much changed this week, although Stafford had one of his better games and Ponder continued to slip.

Week 9 matchups:

Aaron Rodgers vs. Arizona
Christian Ponder at Seattle
Matt Stafford at Jacksonville
Jay Cutler at Tennessee

Joemailman
11-04-2012, 10:00 PM
Week 9

Aaron Rodgers 107.4 :five: (2nd overall) Last week: 107.9
Jay Cutler 85.3 :neutral: (18th overall) Last week: 78.9
Matt Stafford 83.2 :neutral: (20th overall) Last week: 82.1
Christian Ponder 82.0 :neutral: (22nd overall) Last week: 85.8

Rodgers now 2nd overall. Jay Cutler takes over 2nd place with his best performance of the season. Ponder continues to slip.

Week 10 matchups:

Aaron Rodgers : Bye week
Jay Cutler vs. Houston
Matt Stafford at Minnesota
Christian Ponder vs. Detroit

pbmax
11-04-2012, 10:05 PM
Bears versus Planet Houston. Should be a good one. Lots of three yard runs followed by 7 step drops.

denverYooper
11-05-2012, 07:06 AM
Bears versus Planet Houston. Should be a good one. Lots of three yard runs followed by 7 step drops.

I'm looking forward to that one.

Pugger
11-05-2012, 07:11 AM
I hope the Texans stomp all over the bares.

denverYooper
11-05-2012, 10:33 AM
I hope the Texans stomp all over the bares.

Yep. A little too much love for Chicago this year.

gbgary
11-07-2012, 01:19 AM
watt you say?

Fritz
11-07-2012, 06:26 AM
The question is, is it time yet for the annual Bears slide into oblivion? Or will they tease their fans even more with a win against the Texans?

denverYooper
11-07-2012, 10:55 AM
The question is, is it time yet for the annual Bears slide into oblivion? Or will they tease their fans even more with a win against the Texans?

This will be an interesting game. The Bears have gotten it done so far by feasting on the mistakes of other teams. The Texans are known for being pretty steady, at least when a certain red hot Green Bay QB doesn't come out and torch their pants off.

Both teams are 7-1. Both teams only lost to GREEN BAY! There is an upside to the Packers' proclivity for playing to their opponents' level.

Patler
11-07-2012, 11:16 AM

The Bears have a history of riding their ST and Defense to pretty good season records every 5 years or so. I expect them to hang in there this year. The Packers will not win the Division, but will be the better team at the end of the year. The Bears have already won a couple games they could/should have lost, and the Packers have lost a could they could/should have won. It makes for a deficit that is difficult to overcome in a 16 game schedule.

QBME
11-07-2012, 12:03 PM
The Bears have a history of riding their ST and Defense to pretty good season records every 5 years or so. I expect them to hang in there this year. The Packers will not win the Division, but will be the better team at the end of the year. The Bears have already won a couple games they could/should have lost, and the Packers have lost a could they could/should have won. It makes for a deficit that is difficult to overcome in a 16 game schedule.
I'm not ready to concede the division just yet. You are certainly correct about their defense and special teams playing absolutely out of their gourds, and that is a formidable combination. But the Bears have beaten only one team with a winning record so far (Indy). I understand that you can only play whomever is on your schedule, but the second half of their schedule is clearly tougher than the first. With the head case of a QB they have all sorts of interesting things can happen, especially if their defense and special teams falter even just a bit.

pbmax
11-07-2012, 12:06 PM
I know I keep harping on this but that Bear's D has got to get old at some point. :lol:

denverYooper
11-07-2012, 12:12 PM
I'm not ready to concede the division just yet. You are certainly correct about their defense and special teams playing absolutely out of their gourds, and that is a formidable combination. But the Bears have beaten only one team with a winning record so far (Indy). I understand that you can only play whomever is on your schedule, but the second half of their schedule is clearly tougher than the first. With the head case of a QB they have all sorts of interesting things can happen, especially if their defense and special teams falter even just a bit.

Good point. Texans, San Fran, Seattle, Arizona, all will be potentially rough games for Cutler.

denverYooper
11-07-2012, 12:14 PM
I know I keep harping on this but that Bear's D has got to get old at some point. :lol:

They can still run out of gas yet. Do older players generally show a trend of getting less effective near the end of seasons?

Patler
11-07-2012, 12:18 PM

I agree, I was more "matter of fact" in my statement than my sentiments really are. Cutler can sabotage a team's position in the standings with the best of them, and a key injury or two on defense could change things a lot. But, historically, in seasons when their defense and STs get on a roll, they keep it going for the season.

Big game this weekend.

Upnorth
11-07-2012, 03:06 PM

Listening to 'how good the bears d is' has gotten very old! Was it just me or did Urlacher look slow on the int return, but had amazing blocking.

denverYooper
11-07-2012, 03:21 PM
Listening to 'how good the bears d is' has gotten very old! Was it just me or did Urlacher look slow on the int return, but had amazing blocking.

Urlacher definitely looks slower this year.

I can't remember who it was but they called out Titans players for sitting around and watching Urlacher's plodding return.

Pugger
11-08-2012, 09:00 AM

The one thing the bares are really good at is creating turnovers and then scoring on these - either by getting a pick 6 or giving Cutlet a short field. I'd love it if we could hone that skill too.

mraynrand
11-08-2012, 11:18 PM
Urlacher definitely looks slower this year.

I can't remember who it was but they called out Titans players for sitting around and watching Urlacher's plodding return.

What is it with these pussy QBs that throw INTs and don't go after the guy. Hass had a clean shot on Errlacker, and got rolled over like a metrosexual in the Bronx.

BobDobbs
11-09-2012, 04:24 AM
The Bears are legit this year. This is their window and they know it. The D is aging, but not old. The obvious advantage that we have is at WR and that our QB is not one to throw three picks to the other team. We also have a comparable special teams this year. We can catch them if we beat up on the Lions and the Vikings, but like I said they are not a trifle this year.

Smeefers
11-11-2012, 08:08 AM
Huh, I think the bears are pretenders this year. Their offense is horrible and the turnovers they are getting will not continue when pushed up against a top ten QB. Before I go crowning these guys anything, I'm going to look at the teams they played:

Won......................................Lost
Colts.....................................Packers
Rams
Cowboys
Jaguars
Lions
Panthers
Titans

I remember a couple years ago the packers had a real soft schedule and rocked it like nobodies business, but the second they got to the playoffs, they got hammered by the first good team they played all year. If the bears beat the Texans, I won't discard them as I am right now, but if they loose, there's no way I can consider them a legit threat.

Joemailman
11-12-2012, 08:33 AM
Week 10

Aaron Rodgers 107.4 :five: (2nd overall) Last week: 107.4
Matt Stafford 85.4 :neutral: (18th overall) Last week: 83.2
Christian Ponder 85.2 :neutral: (20th overall) Last week: 82.0
Jay Cutler 80.4 http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing014.gif (24th overall) Last week: 85.3

Stafford and Ponder had solid weeks. Cutler with a Cutlersque 16.6 before getting his brains scrambled.

Week 11 Matchups:

Aaron Rodgers at Detroit
Matt Stafford vs. Green Bay
Christian Ponder: Bye week
Jay Cutler at San Francisco

Guiness
11-12-2012, 08:37 AM
There was a graphic up during the game last night, showing Cutler's lifetime QB rating of about 88, and the note that it was a Bears record. That's where the http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing014.gif should come in!

Because upon further review THE BEARS STILL SUCK!

Upnorth
11-12-2012, 09:18 AM
There was a graphic up during the game last night, showing Cutler's lifetime QB rating of about 88, and the note that it was a Bears record. That's where the http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing014.gif should come in!

Man we are spoiled! An 88 and we would be anguishing over what went wrong.

Patler
11-12-2012, 09:50 AM

Man we are spoiled! An 88 and we would be anguishing over what went wrong.

A QB rating of 88 is higher than Favre's lifetime mark, and higher than Favre's rating as a Packer.

Zool
11-12-2012, 09:51 AM

This got me thinking about the Bears drafts. They do not do well drafting QB's but they also don't put much effort into it either.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?teamId=0810&type=team

Joemailman
11-12-2012, 11:20 AM
A QB rating of 88 is higher than Favre's lifetime mark, and higher than Favre's rating as a Packer.

Cutler's career rating is about 84. 88 with Denver and 82 with the Bears.

Guiness
11-12-2012, 11:30 AM

True, but although it's close, I think you're looking at that different era thing. If you go back as recently as 2002 (earliest I could easily find) 86 got you in the top 10. So far this year, you'd need a 92 to do the same. QB ratings have been creeping up over the years.

Not to say Favre himself would ever have gotten much higher! But I don't think Cutler's ever been accused of being a 'gunslinger'. Not since the heady days of Rexy have we seen one of those in Chicago!

Patler
11-12-2012, 11:51 AM

Cutler's career rating is about 84. 88 with Denver and 82 with the Bears.

So Guiness lied to us ?!?!? :-x
He seemed like such an honorable 'Rat !
What is this place coming to???
:lol: :lol:

Guiness
11-12-2012, 12:15 PM
So Guiness lied to us ?!?!? :-x
He seemed like such an honorable 'Rat !
What is this place coming to???
:lol: :lol:

84 is about 88, isn't it? Ok, maybe not...but I do know for sure that it said it was a Bear record.

I did quote my source, a graphic flashed on the screen during Sunday Night Football, you can hardly expect journalistic integrity out of that!

Patler
11-12-2012, 12:32 PM
84 is about 88, isn't it? Ok, maybe not...but I do know for sure that it said it was a Bear record.

I did quote my source, a graphic flashed on the screen during Sunday Night Football, you can hardly expect journalistic integrity out of that!

We can let it slide once. By that time last night, you were probably seeing double anyway! :lol::lol:

Joemailman
11-20-2012, 08:48 PM
Week 11

Aaron Rodgers 107.3 :five: (1st overall) Last week: 107.4
Christian Ponder 85.2 :neutral: (19th overall) Last week: 85.2
Matt Stafford 82.6 : http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing014.gif (21st overall) Last week 85.4
Jay Cutler 80.4 http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing014.gif (24th overall) Last week: 80.4

Not much changed as only Rodgers and Stafford played. Ponder took over 2nd place by not playing.

Week 12 Matchups:

Aaron Rodgers at New York Giants
Christian Ponder at Chicago
Matt Stafford vs. Houston
Jay Cutler vs. Minnesota

mraynrand
11-21-2012, 08:31 AM
Ponder took over 2nd place by not playing.

That's emblematic of his career - the less he plays, the better he is.

Joemailman
11-26-2012, 06:04 PM
Week 12

Aaron Rodgers 105.6 :five: (1st overall) Last week: 107.3
Matt Stafford 82.9 http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing014.gif (22nd overall) Last week: 82.6
Christian Ponder 82.0 http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing014.gif (23rd overall) Last week: 85.2
Jay Cutler 81.1 http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing014.gif (24th overall) Last week: 80.4

Not a very good week for anyone.

Upnorth
11-28-2012, 07:36 AM
Crazy that Arod's play is noticably worse than last year but he has a 105 rating.
Sad part is with our oline right now he has to play lights out to get a below average (to us) result.

woodbuck27
11-28-2012, 09:17 PM
That's emblematic of his career - the less he plays, the better he is.

Then ... to play better. Ponder shouldn't play.

A simple adjustment.

Joemailman
12-03-2012, 06:21 PM
Week 13

Aaron Rodgers 105.0 :five: (1st overall) Last week: 105.6
Jay Cutler 84.3 http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing014.gif (21st overall) Last week: 81.1
Matt Stafford 83.1 http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing014.gif (23rd overall) Last week: 82.9
Christian Ponder 79.4 http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing014.gif (25th overall) Last week: 82.0

Cutler and Ponder switch places this week.

Week 14 Matchups:

Aaron Rodgers vs. Detroit
Jay Cutler at Minnesota
Matt Stafford at Green Bay
Christian Ponder vs. Chicago

Guiness
12-03-2012, 07:39 PM
I haven't seen Ponder play this year, and missed yesterday's game. How does he look out there? As bad as his rating? He showed promise at times last year but doesn't seem to have progressed.

pbmax
12-03-2012, 08:32 PM
I haven't seen Ponder play this year, and missed yesterday's game. How does he look out there? As bad as his rating? He showed promise at times last year but doesn't seem to have progressed.

Yes. He has physical talent but he gets out of the pocket too soon and locks onto receivers. His receiving talent isn't top notch, but he really stares them down unless forced from pocket. He was quite inaccurate, but I am not sure of its his moving that causes it or some more basic failure of mechanics.

HarveyWallbangers
12-03-2012, 11:28 PM
He doesn't have 1st round talent. The Vikings reached. He doesn't have a big arm and he's not that accurate. He has mobility. Basically, he's the white Mark Sanchez with a bit more mobility.

Guiness
12-04-2012, 07:48 AM
Thanks for the insight.

What about Stafford though??? He had supposedly proven he was as advertised, if only he could remain healthy, but that doesn't seem to be happening.

I wonder if he's dinged up and playing through injuries, or if Schwartz is not getting what he should out of his QB (and the rest of the team). This week-end in particular...Luck tried like hell to lose that game, but the Lions let them stay in it.

Patler
12-04-2012, 03:46 PM
He doesn't have 1st round talent. The Vikings reached. He doesn't have a big arm and he's not that accurate. He has mobility. Basically, he's the white Mark Sanchez with a bit more mobility.

I think they surprised a lot of people with that pick.

Pugger
12-04-2012, 03:51 PM

Big time.

Cheesehead Craig
12-04-2012, 04:07 PM

Pretty much dead on. Ponder also simply can't read the field. He misses seeing open WRs rather often. I remember when the Vikes said he was the most NFL ready QB of that draft. I giggled at their stupidity.

Patler
12-04-2012, 04:46 PM
Pretty much dead on. Ponder also simply can't read the field. He misses seeing open WRs rather often. I remember when the Vikes said he was the most NFL ready QB of that draft. I giggled at their stupidity.

Wasn't Ponder the one who was said to be a fanatic for watching film on top of just being a very intelligent guy? You would think that would lead to advanced "NFL readiness".

Zool
12-04-2012, 04:47 PM

I've always equated him to Pennington. Not a big arm, but accurate. He seems now to have the yips. Breaks for a run a little too often and doesnt read progressions well. All of those things can come with time. He's at 22 career starts and all of his numbers are up from last year. He's just getting hit more this season.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/P/PondCh00.htm