PDA

View Full Version : Driver puzzled by Reduced Role

Bretsky
09-12-2012, 07:14 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/driver-puzzled-by-reduced-role-m26qr1g-169412106.html

Bretsky
09-12-2012, 07:15 AM
it appears they made a story out of a couple comments ..........but as for his reduced role....hard to be surprised by this as a fan

denverYooper
09-12-2012, 07:26 AM
it appears they made a story out of a couple comments ..........but as for his reduced role....hard to be surprised by this as a fan

Pretty much how the sausage gets made. At least they used multiple comments. Sometimes they just take 1 comment and pile on the suppositional sugar. My favorite is when they use those one or two comments for multiple stories in multiple publications. Cullen was always a good source for those.

I wonder if they do it more now that they've instantiated the "x free articles" rule on a lot of online news outlets.

mmmdk
09-12-2012, 09:44 AM
Love Driver, he's a truck through driven snow but DD's wearing old snow shoes now and it's hard to look cool with so many younger Pack receivers wearing fancy moon boots.

Brandon494
09-12-2012, 10:52 AM
After watching Cobb play I don't see why he would be puzzled.

mraynrand
09-12-2012, 11:53 AM

Exactly. And he only came in for a hurt Jennings, not a healthy Cobb. Unless Jennings can't go, I don't see how Driver gets on the field, especially after how Jones looked.

mmmdk
09-12-2012, 12:54 PM

I like Cobbs moon boots too!

Pugger
09-12-2012, 01:24 PM
I suspect we'll see more of Driver with Jennings out tomorrow night.

denverYooper
09-12-2012, 01:39 PM
I suspect we'll see more of Driver with Jennings out tomorrow night.

Wouldn't that be something if they played Boykin instead??

Freak Out
09-12-2012, 01:54 PM
Father time is catching up.

Smidgeon
09-12-2012, 02:48 PM
Wouldn't that be something if they played Boykin instead??

I'd be shocked.

But if so, it's kind of a mixed message to Driver: "We think you're completely done, but we also think your locker room presence is important enough to pay you over a million to not play on our team." Don't see it happening.

mission
09-12-2012, 05:47 PM
Before most of us were happy to keep Driver around... help him out, give him another year of NFL salary, have him be a leader in the clubhouse. But after week 1 there is already some issues with his playing time then it's going to be a big deal moving forward. Seems like when you aren't winning Super Bowls, some of the guys you looked to as stand up guys (Jennings especially) maybe aren't quite as stand up, all-about-the-team as we thought.

MadtownPacker
09-12-2012, 07:10 PM
Dont be such a hater!! DD is all heart so of course he wants to play. Sounds like he will get to against the bears tomorrow. Luckily he always seems to make big plays against them. But maybe he took a closer look at Randy last Sunday to see how he didn't end up. Kicked to the curb and begging for scraps. Instead he gets to finish with style. Not sure if that is enough for him but hopefully it plays a part.

MJZiggy
09-12-2012, 09:38 PM
DD (and his mom) will always have a special place in my heart. It will be nice to see him getting a little more work because god knows they had a tough time on Sunday when they weren't targeting him. If nothing else they have to account for him which means he can let someone else run freer.

mmmdk
09-12-2012, 11:01 PM
Father time is catching up.

After what mother nature granted DD? Tough daddy love!

red
09-13-2012, 09:09 AM
well, he is clearly the #5 wr on the team right now

although, after jones showed that he still hasn't figured out how to catch more than one ball thrown to him, and can't separate from a slug. maybe driver has moved up to #4 for tonights game.

Smidgeon
09-13-2012, 10:42 AM
well, he is clearly the #5 wr on the team right now

although, after jones showed that he still hasn't figured out how to catch more than one ball thrown to him, and can't separate from a slug. maybe driver has moved up to #4 for tonights game.

You say that as if Jones didn't just lead the team in receiving yards in week one...

CaptainKickass
09-13-2012, 10:53 AM

I recall when Grand Favre was trying to get TT to sign Moss. TT made a point to let Moss know unequivocally that this was Driver's team. That he's the man around here and not even the famous fucktard named Moss will supersede that.

Y'all are some doubters, and I get that. Sure DD isn't the same guy he was 5 years ago - but...

Some of you just might need a friendly reminder:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCcvKloTiik

If he's suited up, never count him out.

rbaloha1
09-13-2012, 01:14 PM
IMO DD made the roster due to the inconsistency of the younger receivers.

DD's current value is finding holes in zone coverages.

Fosco33
09-13-2012, 02:48 PM
Can he switch and play safety? j/k

LEWCWA
09-14-2012, 02:38 AM
Driver can be a very valuable piece to this team, if he realizes he isn't an every down player. Thing is MM needs to make it a point to get DD involved in the games as well. He needs to see 5-7 snaps every game and have a play or 2 designed for him. this will keep him engaged and a value to this team.

Kiwon
09-14-2012, 06:14 AM
(Yawn) Where's the story? The headline doesn't fit his comments.....at all.

The guy's a World's Champ, twice! He's a competitor. He's experienced. He's in shape. He's popular. What do you want him to say, "I want to be the bottom on the depth chart!"?

Zool
09-14-2012, 08:42 AM
What do he suppose to say?