PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL PACKERS VS BEARS GAME DAY THREAD

Pages : 1 2 [3]

pbmax
09-13-2012, 11:07 PM
I think McMillan has earned another start.

No Raji news yet.

Bossman641
09-13-2012, 11:08 PM
Surprises:

The run game
The defense

A fake FG on 4th and 26

Bretsky
09-13-2012, 11:08 PM
Listening to 67AM live Internet feed right now;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; PRICELESS......

RashanGary
09-13-2012, 11:09 PM
Listening to 67AM live Internet feed right now;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; PRICELESS......

tee hee

Bossman641
09-13-2012, 11:09 PM

No Raji news yet.

Hit the jugs machine

RashanGary
09-13-2012, 11:10 PM
A fake FG on 4th and 26

If you didn't see that coming, you're not a very knowledgable football fan :)

Jimx29
Listening to 67AM live Internet feed right now;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; PRICELESS......url?

digitaldean
My favorite part of the Packer-Bear series, listening to Doug and OB piss and moan after the game on 670 The Score in Chicago....:smile:

pbmax

Quotes! Get some quotes!

Carolina_Packer

No Raji news yet.

He started? At corner or safety? I don't recall seeing Bush or Perry much tonight.

digitaldean
09-13-2012, 11:11 PM
betaplayer.radio.com/player/670-the-score

Bossman641
09-13-2012, 11:13 PM
Listening to 67AM live Internet feed right now;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; PRICELESS.......

Excited to listen to Waddle tomorrow. He always reps the Packers

RashanGary
09-13-2012, 11:13 PM
Nice to see Hayward work his way in there. Shields may have bought himself some time out there at CB. The longer we can hold House out without having him hit with that shoulder, the closer he gets to a full offseason of R&R.

WTF was going on with Perry? Hardly noticed him. Was he jsut holding the pocket tight so Matthews could go nuts?

Bretsky
09-13-2012, 11:14 PM
"We gotta Trade Cutler, blow this thing up, and build this team like Green Bay built the Packers "

"We came out with absolutely no game plan on offense and we were clueless against Don Capers "

Bretsky
09-13-2012, 11:14 PM
http://betaplayer.radio.com/player/670-the-score/

Jimx29
09-13-2012, 11:16 PM
betaplayer.radio.com/player/670-the-scoreya...I found it googling. Their accents are comically cliche sounding lol....it's like tuning on SNL from the 90's

HarveyWallbangers
09-13-2012, 11:19 PM
Nice to see Hayward work his way in there. Shields may have bought himself some time out there at CB. The longer we can hold House out without having him hit with that shoulder, the closer he gets to a full offseason of R&R.

WTF was going on with Perry? Hardly noticed him. Was he jsut holding the pocket tight so Matthews could go nuts?

Walden actually played a lot early. I thought Perry was bringing some heat late when they had him in there to rush the passer. I know he got close a couple of times and drew a holding call on one of the plays that Cutler almost threw a pick to Smith.

digitaldean
09-13-2012, 11:19 PM
Is it possible for cutler (or any qb) to have a negative qb rating? He's at 11.1 right now
Heard a term that's pretty appropriate for old Jay Jay....he's the modern version of Jeff George!!

HarveyWallbangers
09-13-2012, 11:20 PM
Surprises:

The run game
The defense

It's nice when those are good surprises.

cheesner
09-13-2012, 11:22 PM
A fake FG on 4th and 26

Is "4th and 26" now a good feeling when you hear it?

Smidgeon
09-13-2012, 11:24 PM

I was glad to find out that Shields and McMillian jumped to the top of their positional rankings. And unless I missed my guess, it seemed Hayward was getting more playing time than Bush. Good calls. Should have been done last week.

Also, I've been thinking since the draft that McMillian will be the real deal. I think that boy has talent.

RashanGary
09-13-2012, 11:27 PM
Walden actually played a lot early. I thought Perry was bringing some heat late when they had him in there to rush the passer. I know he got close a couple of times and drew a holding call on one of the plays that Cutler almost threw a pick to Smith.

That's good to hear. Even if Perry has to be a situational pass rusher for us in year 1, he can bring impact for us. In 2010, we were able to play nickle with 8 in the box because NC could cover the back end like he was 2 guys. This year, we can't stack the box. We're going to have to play base if we're to stop the run.

RashanGary
09-13-2012, 11:29 PM
Shields got to play all man tonight. He didn't get to show all of his colors. We bought more time for House though. I think we can get by a couple more weeks without forcing him to hit with that shoulder. He might end up getting a full offseasons worth of rest and recovery before he comes back. By seasons end, we're going to need to play both defenses. I think House is our best shot at that. Shields has shown over and over and over to be inept in zone. We just didn't have to see it tonight.

pbmax
09-13-2012, 11:30 PM
"We gotta Trade Cutler, blow this thing up, and build this team like Green Bay built the Packers "

"We came out with absolutely no game plan on offense and we were clueless against Don Capers "

Sounds like a Game Day thread. :lol:

pbmax
09-13-2012, 11:32 PM
That's good to hear. Even if Perry has to be a situational pass rusher for us in year 1, he can bring impact for us. In 2010, we were able to play nickle with 8 in the box because NC could cover the back end like he was 2 guys. This year, we can't stack the box. We're going to have to play base if we're to stop the run.

I am surprised they removed him for run D. But I was pretty sure he might get pulled in base in case they expected pass.

HarveyWallbangers
09-13-2012, 11:32 PM
I hope Shields continues to start. At best, Bush would be below average but maybe not terrible. Meanwhile, Shields was an above average corner in 2010. Still has a lot of upside. I was surprised he didn't start last week because I thought he turned things around late in the preseason. Maybe the coaches were sending him a message. I'd be surprised if he didn't start from here on out.

You look at the talent on defense, and there is a lot of talent to work with. It's up to The Dom to get everything out of it. Add Benson on offense, and I'm excited about the season. There are some good teams in the NFC though. We'll need to be more well-rounded to get to the Super Bowl.

RashanGary
09-13-2012, 11:34 PM
I am surprised they removed him for run D. But I was pretty sure he might get pulled in base in case they expected pass.

I think he's going to be a situational rusher. Base downs, Walden. Pass rush downs, Perry. Pure run, probably Perry, but there are very, very few pure run downs in the NFL. Run downs are opportunities to gash the defense with a pass. 1st and 10, 2nd and 7 is really the only run downs now-a-days.

I think we'll see more Walden than Perry, but we'll see more big plays from Perry than Walden.

RashanGary
09-13-2012, 11:38 PM
Listened to McCarthy. He had a lot of emotion in his voice. You could hear his voice shaking. He was trying to hold it together there, just getting that interview over, not really being himself, but you could tell he had a lot going on in there. I'll bet he gave one hell of a post game talk with his guys.

RashanGary
09-13-2012, 11:41 PM
Another thing very cool to see. . . It looked like they might have had Clay at ILB with Moses and either Walden or Perry outside. . . .

Iron Mike
09-13-2012, 11:43 PM
http://assets.diylol.com/hfs/cab/18f/0c2/resized/clay-matthews-meme-generator-brian-urlacher-never-heard-of-her-827adb.jpg?1347569929.jpg

mraynrand
09-13-2012, 11:48 PM
Packer fake field goal was on 4th and 26. :lol:

My son was in fourth grade when 4th and 26 happened. He calls me from college tonight and says: "I've been waiting my entire life to see that 4th and 26 turn in our favor."

What a moment!

denverYooper
09-13-2012, 11:52 PM

"There won't be many Bears players getting on the Bus back to Chicago after all of the guys Cutler threw under the bus"

pbmax
09-14-2012, 12:00 AM
I think he's going to be a situational rusher. Base downs, Walden. Pass rush downs, Perry. Pure run, probably Perry, but there are very, very few pure run downs in the NFL. Run downs are opportunities to gash the defense with a pass. 1st and 10, 2nd and 7 is really the only run downs now-a-days.

I think we'll see more Walden than Perry, but we'll see more big plays from Perry than Walden.

That might be the case. I saw Walden get sealed in again on a run early. But he is less of an exposure in pass coverage when its base.

pbmax
09-14-2012, 12:03 AM
Another thing very cool to see. . . It looked like they might have had Clay at ILB with Moses and either Walden or Perry outside. . . .

Yes, it was a version of Psycho with Raji or Worthy as the lone D lineman.

pbmax
09-14-2012, 12:04 AM
My son was in fourth grade when 4th and 26 happened. He calls me from college tonight and says: "I've been waiting my entire life to see that 4th and 26 turn in our favor."

What a moment!

Holy cow do I feel old now. :lol:

pbmax
09-14-2012, 12:07 AM

At least there is a good version of it. Its never fun to have no reply.

RashanGary
09-14-2012, 12:13 AM
Good night all. . . . .

The defense played better tonight than it has since, well 2010. Now they have to grow a little each week. A lot of things went right tonight. They played all man, but will have to play zone some day to win. The front 7 alone gives a lot of hope we'll be better than last year. If the secondary shakes out we could be looking at, possibly, a very good defense. There are a lot of wait and sees, but boy, it was good to win the way we did.

Last year, from week 1 to the playoff loss at Lambeau, this team was the same team. This year, the identity of the defense, and the offense is just starting to evolve. We're looking at a Packer team that will surprise us week to week, good and bad; for some time. Hopefully they find their way soon enough and it lasts long enough to have another special finish in Title Town.

This was only one game, but it had a very different feel to it than we've had in some time. Superbowl XLV if you want to be specific.

Bossman641
09-14-2012, 12:27 AM
Gotta give a shout out to Hawk. He was very active tonight. And Tramon was sensational.

wist43
09-14-2012, 12:50 AM
Missed the game tonight... but going to sit down and watch it now.

Saw the stat line, and listened to some of it on the radio... sounds like progress - but just about anything would have been progress from the ass whoopin the Niners put on us.

Pugger
09-14-2012, 01:04 AM
Because he can get open better than most TE's. Flashes Superstar and then fucks up consistently

It is fun to rag on Finley but that was one hell of a punch of the ball by Tillman there.

Pugger
09-14-2012, 01:14 AM
Packer fake field goal was on 4th and 26. :lol:

OMG!!! :lol:

Pugger
09-14-2012, 01:18 AM
Heard a term that's pretty appropriate for old Jay Jay....he's the modern version of Jeff George!!

He's more like Turnoversaurus Wrex when he gets hit and frustrated. ;-)

George Cumby
09-14-2012, 01:33 AM
OGDP.

Can't watch the game. Social function that I have to attend. Maybe it's for the best.

Bears win, the difference being a flukey ST play. 27-24

LOL!

I so love being wrong! Like REALLY wrong :-P

George Cumby
09-14-2012, 01:35 AM

Thank you Tom Crabtree and Tim Masthay for erasing from my memory that ....... what were we talking about?

wootah
09-14-2012, 03:58 AM
Hey guys, remember when we beat the Bears in the NFCCG 2 years ago? That was fun!

Iron Mike
09-14-2012, 07:18 AM
Tramon was sensational.

He caught more Cutler passes than Marshall and Jeffery combined. :)

Pugger
09-14-2012, 07:26 AM
The best news out of that game is Tramon is back! :bow:

Packers4Glory
09-14-2012, 07:27 AM
still can't cover Tight Ends.

Great game for the defense, but the bears have a lot of problems on their line.

Smidgeon
09-14-2012, 10:45 AM
I hope Shields continues to start. At best, Bush would be below average but maybe not terrible. Meanwhile, Shields was an above average corner in 2010. Still has a lot of upside. I was surprised he didn't start last week because I thought he turned things around late in the preseason. Maybe the coaches were sending him a message. I'd be surprised if he didn't start from here on out.

You look at the talent on defense, and there is a lot of talent to work with. It's up to The Dom to get everything out of it. Add Benson on offense, and I'm excited about the season. There are some good teams in the NFC though. We'll need to be more well-rounded to get to the Super Bowl.

Turns out Bush didn't even play from scrimmage last night. Hayward was playing over him. In a game where they played a lot of man coverage. I liked that. Does it mean that Bush played himself out of the defense or is that just based on the "Bears are a passing team" versus "Niners are a running team"?

mraynrand
09-14-2012, 10:53 AM
it's got to be a little of both Smidge. Plus, the reality is that Bush was less effective on ST against the niners. Probably because of too many snaps. Guy is tough and gives great effort, but he's lost in space on defense.

Zool
09-14-2012, 11:05 AM
I hope Shields continues to start. At best, Bush would be below average but maybe not terrible.

History is not on your side with this Bush assessment. Other than 1/2 of a game in the Superbowl, he's played exactly terrible in his other live action. I rewatched some of the 49ers game. He's always looking in the backfield. His guy runs free most of the time. He's just not good in coverage.

HarveyWallbangers
09-14-2012, 12:12 PM

According to Pro Football Focus, Walden got 36 snaps while Perry got 20 snaps. Perry recorded 3 hurries in those 20 snaps.

mmmdk
09-14-2012, 02:15 PM
Just watched a condensed version of Bears At Packers; not sure I can recommend that...if you're a Bears fan! :lol: Actually, a game cooked down to 30 mins. is weird but it'll have to do [for now].

Guiness
09-14-2012, 03:03 PM
Just watched a condensed version of Bears At Packers; not sure I can recommend that...if you're a Bears fan! :lol: Actually, a game cooked down to 30 mins. is weird but it'll have to do [for now].

Where did you find that? On TV, or were you able to download it somewhere?

RashanGary
09-14-2012, 03:11 PM
According to Pro Football Focus, Walden got 36 snaps while Perry got 20 snaps. Perry recorded 3 hurries in those 20 snaps.

That seems like a really good split. 3rd and long, 2nd and long, long. . . . . I could see him being like a 3rd lineman, with other OLB's being on the field at the same time. and I wouldn't even call it a cause for concern at thsi point in his career. He's not done developing. If he brings pass rush on 3rd down, he helps us a lot this season.

HarveyWallbangers
09-14-2012, 03:53 PM
Walden said he played more because Perry injured his hand, but then Perry was in there at the end of the game. Maybe he was out awhile--while they were checking it out. I don't know. Seems like it will be a pretty even split.

MJZiggy
09-14-2012, 07:47 PM
Did it seem to anyone else that Maycock, whenever a pass was dropped, just about ALWAYS blamed the receiver? I just noticed a lot of "it would be a hard catch, but he should have gotten that" and "catchable" when the ball is bouncing off some guys fingertips. Noticed it on both sides of the ball. And did he really REALLY say "two great quarterbacks" in the first quarter. I know Rodgers was out there, but I kept looking for the other one...

Smidgeon
09-14-2012, 10:27 PM
Did it seem to anyone else that Maycock, whenever a pass was dropped, just about ALWAYS blamed the receiver? I just noticed a lot of "it would be a hard catch, but he should have gotten that" and "catchable" when the ball is bouncing off some guys fingertips. Noticed it on both sides of the ball. And did he really REALLY say "two great quarterbacks" in the first quarter. I know Rodgers was out there, but I kept looking for the other one...

I did notice he often said that, but I also heard him scorch Cutler for bad throws. And one Rodgers through that came out wobbly but into the vicinity of the player he said he wasn't sure if Rodgers hit someone. And he also disparaged Rodgers on his near interceptions.

So unless it was an interception or near interception, he usually blamed the receiver... ;)

Pugger
09-15-2012, 12:01 AM
Rodgers got incredibly lucky that Briggs (at least I think it was Briggs) had hands of stone on the dropped INT in the 3rd. Rodgers still doesn't look very sharp out there. :-|

LP
09-15-2012, 09:08 AM
And did he really REALLY say "two great quarterbacks" in the first quarter. I know Rodgers was out there, but I kept looking for the other one...

I think Bart Starr was in the stadium.

pbmax
09-15-2012, 10:05 AM

So was Zeke Bratkowski.

MJZiggy
09-15-2012, 10:05 AM
That explains it. Thanks.

mission
09-15-2012, 10:11 AM

Most good football coaches will do that too. One of my coaches, a 6-time WI HS coach of the year, always used to blame the WRs and say "if it hits your hands, you must catch it". I never got blamed for those drops! I think that rule is universal in most football circles... at least it makes sense to me! :)

mraynrand
09-15-2012, 10:12 AM
Maycock :lol:

Pugger
09-15-2012, 11:29 AM
If Rodgers stays healthy and continues to play well we'll end up with four HOF QBs.

mmmdk
09-15-2012, 01:05 PM
Where did you find that? On TV, or were you able to download it somewhere?

NFL Game pass; only for us Euro Rats - sorry! You're welcome to drop by though.

pbmax
09-15-2012, 02:19 PM
Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod
MM on Rodgers' INT: We called a post-corner route and 12 anticipated 89 was going to cross space. I regret route selection.

This just kills me. So what was Rodgers expecting Jones to do? A corner route from that field position isn't going to be angled deep toward the end zone. Does a corner route actually break of to the sideline?

Or was Rodgers expecting Jones to cut off the route because of the deep coverage?