PDA

View Full Version : San Fran = cryptonite to Packers

Harlan Huckleby
09-14-2012, 11:12 AM
The 49ers are just too physically tough on defense. The Packers are a finesse team that don't match up with them. They can't stop the 49er running game. 49ers are like Giants from last year, only better (other than at QB.)

Even if Packers go 15-1, they won't get past 49ers in playoffs. Discuss among yourselves.

mraynrand
09-14-2012, 11:16 AM
Damn straight they will. But it's galling to have a tough-nosed 49er team for those pansy-assed Bay Area fans.

HarveyWallbangers
09-14-2012, 11:53 AM
The 49ers are good, but they have their faults. My prediction: the Niners get beat by the Giants or Falcons in the playoffs before we'd have to play them.
:)

mraynrand
09-14-2012, 01:49 PM
The 49ers are good, but they have their faults. My prediction: the Niners get beat by the Giants or Falcons in the playoffs before we'd have to play them.
:)

NFL rules ban the Falcons from winning playoff games.

Harlan Huckleby
09-14-2012, 02:27 PM
One way or another, I expect San Fran will be in NFC championship game. I see Packers & San Fran as two top teams.

The Packer defensive line looked better last night. I think the Packer offense can solve San Fran's D well enough, or at least they should be able to score 18 points or more. But they have to be able to stop the 49er running game, that's my concern.

denverYooper
09-14-2012, 03:28 PM
NFL rules ban the Falcons from winning playoff games.

Was that part of the Mike Vick punishment?

denverYooper
09-14-2012, 03:29 PM
One way or another, I expect San Fran will be in NFC championship game. I see Packers & San Fran as two top teams.

The Packer defensive line looked better last night. I think the Packer offense can solve San Fran's D well enough, or at least they should be able to score 18 points or more. But they have to be able to stop the 49er running game, that's my concern.

It remains to be seen whether or not Gore makes it through the year. I know that's not the only running back they have, but he was significantly better than the other horses in their stable.

3irty1
09-14-2012, 03:37 PM
Like I already said in my first reactions thread the 49ers are going to both upset teams and be upset because of their team philosophy. They shorten the game so much on both offense and defense that it is essentially anyone's game come playoff time. I don't want to play them because they are seemingly designed to bring you down to their level. That said on a good day nobody can beat Rodgers.

Smeefers
09-14-2012, 03:38 PM
Didn't we beat the Giants earlier in the year last year when they kicked our butts in the playoffs? Early season success is no indicator of a game outcome in the post season.

denverYooper
09-14-2012, 04:42 PM
Didn't we beat the Giants earlier in the year last year when they kicked our butts in the playoffs? Early season success is no indicator of a game outcome in the post season.

Yes.

And the Falcons/Packers in '10.

wist43
09-14-2012, 05:14 PM
We can't match up to tough, physical teams - that much should be obvious. The 49'ers stomped our asses, and we were powerless to do anything about it. The game wasn't close, and it was never in doubt.

TT, MM, and especially Capers believe the league is a weekly 7 on 7 passing drill; and they scout, draft, and game plan for that type of game. A tough team comes along and smacks 'em in the mouth - they simply don't have the players or schemes to deal with that.

King Friday
09-14-2012, 07:21 PM
How did the pussy Saints almost beat SF in the playoffs last year?

The 49ers do not have the capacity to play well from behind. The key is getting a lead and taking away their run game. You also have to abandon the run game. You just lose a down trying to run. Spread them out, go no huddle, and wear their pass rush out. If Rodgers is on top of his game (he's clearly not right now) and the offense is on a roll, the 49ers are certainly beatable.

LEWCWA
09-14-2012, 07:33 PM
No way, GB got handled the other day by SF and it was a one score game. GB is a better team, but they have to play well to beat a good team like SF.

pbmax
09-15-2012, 09:49 AM
I think the last team that was physically too imposing for the Packers to contend with was Atlanta. How has that been going?

Pugger
09-15-2012, 11:32 AM
The Niners are playing great right now. Its September. Let's see how they are doing come December. We peaked too early last year too. ;-)

Fritz
09-15-2012, 02:17 PM
That meme - that the Packers don't play tough enough to win big games against rough and tumble teams - I thought we put that one to bed two years ago, when the Packers played some team from some former steel-mill city that was supposed to feature rough, tough players with a hard-as-nails coach.

Or has Ted Thompson, since then, drafted a bushelfull of pussified players, and has Dom Capers gone soft as a defensive coordinator? Did MM's success turn him into a prissy wussy? Is that what happened?

Harlan?

wist43
09-15-2012, 02:21 PM
That meme - that the Packers don't play tough enough to win big games against rough and tumble teams - I thought we put that one to bed two years ago, when the Packers played some team from some former steel-mill city that was supposed to feature rough, tough players with a hard-as-nails coach.

Or has Ted Thompson, since then, drafted a bushelfull of pussified players, and has Dom Capers gone soft as a defensive coordinator? Did MM's success turn him into a prissy wussy? Is that what happened?

Harlan?

Yes, Harlan is a pussy ;)

Harlan Huckleby
09-15-2012, 05:19 PM
Ahh, memories......

"I kind of like that Pittsburgh macho stuff. I like the fact that he's a tough guy." — Green Bay general manager Ted Thompson, on new coach Mike McCarthy.

http://208.106.218.92/machomen.jpg

mission
09-16-2012, 02:34 PM
Packers beat the Niners without Bush and Jennings on the field. Feel good about a playoff rematch.

Joemailman
09-16-2012, 05:12 PM

Yes.

And the Falcons/Packers in '10.

And the Packers/Giants in 2007. :(

Should we cheer for the Packers to lose to the Giants later this year? ;)

Bretsky
09-16-2012, 05:32 PM

Don't forget they were banged up that game and missing a key player or two on defense

Bretsky
09-16-2012, 05:32 PM
The Giants are cryptonite to us in the playoffs

denverYooper
09-16-2012, 05:56 PM
The Giants are going to allow us to export encrypted files to our Dropboxes?

San Fran too?

Amazing that theses dudes sling code on the side.