PDA

View Full Version : Alex Green

Harlan Huckleby
09-14-2012, 02:22 PM
When does he show something?

I think he had a nice run on a screen last year, which should be his game.

I wonder if Starks will take away his playing time when he returns.

I don't really have much of an opinion about Green, except I'm getting impatient. I want a little thrill, a tingle up my leg.

Smeefers
09-14-2012, 03:43 PM
It's limbo right now. I'd like to be able to make a decision on the guy. I haven't seen enough of him to decide either way.

3irty1
09-14-2012, 03:48 PM
Its hard to make judgements after the last game when he had absolutely nothing resembling a hole to run through last game.

wist43
09-14-2012, 04:21 PM
Can't blame the RB's when McCarthy's playbook of running plays consists entirely of "left, right, or up the middle - on 3". We have no running game b/c we have no running plays.

sharpe1027
09-14-2012, 06:14 PM
I had high hopes for the kid, but those hopes are long gone.

So many RB's come in and do well right from the start. How many actually "develop" after a few years? Them going to the scrap heap to snag Benson -- and then starting him with almost no practice time -- says plenty about what the Packers think of Green. I doubt that he not going to be much more than a backup at this point.

Teamcheez1
09-14-2012, 06:54 PM
Starks is hurt.
Saine has a hamstring issues and is still inexperienced.
Green is returning from major knee surgery.

I don't think Benson was a knee jerk reaction, I believe they were worried that they would start the season with only Kuhn healthy. What were MM/TT going to do? They had to look for a veteran off the scrap heap and hope he could perform.

I wouldn't write Green off yet.

Brandon494
09-14-2012, 06:59 PM
Give him some time, dude is coming off a ACL tear and has faced two top defenses in the league.

rbaloha1
09-15-2012, 10:32 AM
The Packers are babying Green.

AG just needs confidence with a big play.

mission
09-15-2012, 10:34 AM
Give him some time, dude is coming off a ACL tear and has faced two top defenses in the league.

This. He'll be OK after getting his confidence in his knee back.

Pugger
09-15-2012, 11:08 AM

And he's basically a rookie running behind a line that isn't know for its run blocking prowess.

rbaloha1
09-16-2012, 09:42 PM
And he's basically a rookie running behind a line that isn't know for its run blocking prowess.

Matt Light called the Packer o-line okay. Also stated the line has problems sustaining blocks.