PDA

View Full Version : PackerRats Official Winners and Losers of GB VS ATL

Deputy Nutz
08-20-2006, 03:12 AM
Well folks the Packers seemed to turn some things around this week. I ripped some of you for giving up on this team after one preseason game, and now I will warn others not to get to confident in this team after the victory in week 2 of the preseason. Several breaks went the Packers way tonight, which was a good thing to see. The Packers are still a bit rough around the edges, and still didn't dominate the running game, and all though the offensive line improved from last week, they still have a long way to go to become a cohesive unit. They allowed Favre to get hit way to often, and also in their own enzone. This team is a work in progress, and it was great to see a drastic improvement from last week.

Winners and Losers can now begin.

Winners

1. Brett Favre, surgically dismantled the much improved Atlanta secondary. Favre had help from Driver, but Favre made throws that no other QB in the league can make, he threw the ball with confidence, and was jamming the ball into spots that knats couldn't fly through. Favre was also up to his old tricks avoiding oncoming rushers and then underhanding the ball to recievers in the flat. He is 36 years old and still moving around and making tacklers miss. His line had its ups and downs, but again Favre played through it and remained confident through out his 2 quarters and his one series in the third quarter. It was nice to see that he refused to let his line play effect the way he threw the football. Favre was even game enough to run down field and give the old college try on Drivers reverse. If it was any other player I would have worried about injury in the preseason.

2. Donald Driver, simply, no one could cover him on Saturday night. He had his way with the Atlanta secondary. No matter the route Driver was there to catch Favre's bullet passes. I am really beginning to believe that Donald Driver is one of the ten best recievers in the NFL. He did all this with hardly breaking a sweat. If this was a regular season game, he would have racked up 12 catches for 200 yards. Driver's only weakness is scoring touchdowns. He isn't an automatic threat while in the red zone, but if he keeps moving the chains, his touchdowns will come, but even so, if he contributes the way he did tonight, the Packers can find someone else to score points. His 7 catches for 91 yards, and 1 rush for 20 yards is going to open some eyes around the league, if they haven't noticed Donald Driver yet, they will soon enough.

3. Greg Jennings, he got hammered going across the middle on a slant pattern, the ball hit his hands and he came down with it, but the hit jarred the ball loose. Other than that drop he had a superb night, with an 85 yard touchdown grab which was amazing that he even caught the ball off the deflection. Jennings will battle Ferguson for the #2 job, but Ferguson had an alright night catching two passes. Ferguson may hold on to the number 2 job. Ferguson most likely is the better blocker and that may win him the job. In reality it doesn't really matter, plays will be called to get Jennings the ball.

4. Najeh Davenport, I thought Davenport ran extremely hard, and more than half his yards came after contact. His goal is to get 4 yards a carry. He didn't accomplush that tonight with only gaining 29 yards on a 11 carries. His yards were tough yards that he was able to create with being physical, which is the type of back the Packers are going to have to rely on until the offensive line gets it together. Davenport also showed his route running ability gettting into the endzone unnoticed to catch Favre's second TD pass. If Ahman comes back healthy, Najeh will still have competition to make this ball club with Arliss Beach having a nice game, and Noah Herron contributing in the running game. Gado also needs to prove that he can fit in the zone system, or he might be traded for a second day draft pick, or a back up safety.

5. Chad Clifton, He is struggling in the running game like the rest of the offensive line, but he has never been a dominating tackle when it comes to run blocking. Clifton is simply a 8 foot wall when it comes to pass blocking. The best defensive ends in the league simply can't get by him. John Abrahams was shut out against the large tackle tonight. Hopefully his knees get better and he is able to practice on a consistent basis.

6. Arliss Beach, he usually picked the right hole and then exploded through it. Beach's 9 carries for 50 yards led the team against the Falcons. Beach did a nice job working with both the ones and the twos tonight, hopefully he will get another look early in the next few preseason games. The jury is still out on his ability to pick up blocking assignments and also catching passes out of the backfield, but he did show a knack for finding open running space.

7. Play calling, was excellent and creative tonight. McCarthy looked out of his league last week, but called a great game tonight. He didn't give up on the run and mixed in a nice variety of short and intermediate passes. It was the first time I saw a legit West Coast offense in a long time. Favre is looking like he might flurish in McCarthy's scheme, and it seems to match what Favre ran under Holmgren. It might be a secret to Favre's success in the preseason so far.

8. Charles Woodson, Late in the second half he got beat on a slant, but up until that point it was the first time a QB completed a pass to his side, or for that matter attempted a pass to his side. He is about as good in man coverage as any corner the Packers have ever had. Hopefully he can stay healthy, trust me I have my fingers crossed everyday for this to happen, hell I might even start praying if it is going to help.

9. AJ Hawk, his hit on Shockely was as violent of a hit that I have seen a Packer defender make in a long time, granted he got a personal foul for it, but it was fantastic to see. He simply showed tonight why he was the #5 selection in this years draft, he can flat out dominate games with his aggressive play. He didn't totally dominate the game tonight, but with each preseason game you see the lights go on his head and his natural instincts take over. His pursuit is better than any other linebacker's the Packers have, I expect Hawk will rack up 40 or 50 tackles persuing runners opposite of his playside. His coverage down field was excellent, running stride for stride with the Falcons tight end and then breaking up the pass. He also did a nice job breaking up a pass to a running back, where he seemed to be beat but came out of now where to smack the running back and break up the pass. He is going to be really fun to watch.

10. Ryan Pickett, He knows how to stunt the run up the middle. If teams aim to run the ball against the Packers they better do it by running at KGB and Ben Taylor, because Pickett seems to be stuffing everything up the middle.

11. Tyrone Culver, he gave up the early touchdown by being totally out of position, and almost ended up on the other end of this column. Then Culver demonstrated what good coverage skills can do for a defensive back by keeping to his zone, and then breaking on a late pass down the middle by Vick. Culver made the interception and thwarted the Falcons drive. Culver also seemed to conistently be around the ball whether in coverage or in run support. I give this kid a ton of credit, and if Manuel doesn't play next week, I fully support the Packers starting Culver on opening day.

12. Johnny Jolly, the big guy show a bit of his athletic ability by grabbing the tipped ball at its highest point for the interception and then rumbling over a few Falcons for a couple of extra yards. Jolly is going to have to battle to make the final roster, but at the same time I find it hard to keep him off the team, he was the ability and the size, it is just tough to let a rookie like him go due to the depth of the position, but isn't this a good thing?

Losers

1. Al Harris, hopefully Al is just dogging it in the preseason but if a qb wants to complete a pass against the Packers secondary, he might as well decide to pick on Al Harris. I don't think Al's age has caught up to him, but I do think that his greed is catching up to his performance on the field.

2. Ben Taylor, the second play of the Falcon's first series Taylor broke hard on Vick's play fake was totally out of position as Vick ran by him and Aaron Kampman for a 12 yard gain. Taylor's appears to be either slow footed or just slow in reaction to the play. In all honestly I think he is going to have problems making this team if his play doesn't improve. The Packers do have Poppinga coming off the knee injury, and Tracy White had another decent game.

3. KGB, He is the weak point in defending the run. He might be part of the problem with Ben Taylor. I have said it before, I pitty the outside linebacker that lines up behind KGB. KGB got hammered on the first series. He simply can't hold up against a double team even if it is just a combo or a scrape block. It was nice to see Montgomery play well with the other reserves. Hopefully he can sub for KGB on run downs and allow KGB to use his one pass rushing move only 40 times a game rather than 75. KGB did show good use of his hands dispelling Wyane Gandy and then getting the holding call in his favor.

4. Moll-Tauscher, it was inexcusable for both of them to get beat on their one goalline while double teaming the defensive end on third down. Favre had exactly 1 second to to get rid of the ball, instead he had to avoid the pass rusher, and then dance around to buy enough time to chuck the ball to safety. Tauscher seems to be struggling all around with the switch to the new scheme, and it also seems to be effecting his pass protection. Thats not good when Tony Moll is lined up next to you.

5. Aaron Rodger, the guy is like a trained robot. He goes through his first progression of reads and if no one has gotten open, he either dumps the ball off into the flat, or he takes off running for his life and fumbles the ball off his own leg. To his credit the offensive line did a piss poor job protecting him the minute he stepped onto the field. This game is meant to be played with some instincts, and Rodgers has yet to consistently prove that he has any, other than a brain that has been programed by Jeff Tedford.

6. Junius Coston, I beg any of you that taped the game or used Tevo on the game tonight to go back and watch Jennings 85 yard touchdown catch. Train your eyes on the right tackle, that would be Junius Coston. He misses a pathetic attempt at a cut block, and spikes his head straight into the turf, and then rolls around like a doodle bug. It was the funniest thing I had seen all night. We must have watched that play a half a dozen times. This guy is just plan bad, or maybe it is straight up karma due to his wife's big mouth.

7. Green Bay's Special Teams, they are god awful. Rodgers can't catch a punt, our punters can't catch the snap in their own enzone, and our return teams as a whole are pathetic. Some serious gains are going to be needed by the time Chicago rolls in.

Well here they all are, remember folks keep a level head throughout the preseason, it will save you on the Miller, Jack Daniels, and the Tums. Feel free to add any of your winners and losers.

RashanGary
08-20-2006, 03:30 AM
Nice Nutz....

The back up D-line looked pretty great. They dominated the 4th quarter.

RashanGary
08-20-2006, 03:53 AM
Hawk looked great. I don't mean to knock Barnett around, but we havn't seen this type of LB play in a long, long time. Barnett is a solid player, but Hawk looks like a true playmaker. I get the feeling he's going to make the highlight reel often this year.

Well....The Packers have a long way to go. The line needs to keep growing and learning. I don't think they are as bad as they looked last week adn I don't think they are as good as they looked this week. The Falcons just ddin't play their A game and they depend on Vick quite a bit. They just need to keep taking steps. Next week, I want a little of the same and just another solid step with the line.

JENNINGS BABY!!!

Collins hasn't shined at all. Hopefully he steps up some in the season. Hopefully Manuel has a positive effect on his mental game.

Tarlam!
08-20-2006, 04:21 AM
1. Brett Favre, surgically dismantled the much improved Atlanta secondary.

2. I am really beginning to believe that Donald Driver is one of the ten best receivers in the NFL.

3. Greg Jennings, (). In reality it doesn't really matter, plays will be called to get Jennings the ball.

4. Najeh Davenport,()His yards were tough yards that he was able to create with being physical, which is the type of back the Packers are going to have to rely on until the offensive line gets it together.() Gado also needs to prove that he can fit in the zone system, or he might be traded for a second day draft pick, or a back up safety.

5. Chad Clifton,()Clifton is simply a 8 foot wall when it comes to pass blocking.

()

7. Play calling, ()It was the first time I saw a legit West Coast offense in a long time

8. Charles Woodson, ().... hell I might even start praying if it is going to help.

9. AJ Hawk, his hit on Shockely was as violent of a hit that I have seen...()...you see the lights go on his head()

10. Ryan Pickett, He knows how to stunt the run up the middle. If teams aim to run the ball against the Packers they better do it by running at KGB and Ben Taylor, because Pickett seems to be stuffing everything up the middle.

11. Tyrone Culver, ()I give this kid a ton of credit, and if Manuel doesn't play next week, I fully support the Packers starting Culver on opening day.

12. Johnny Jolly, the big guy show a bit of his athletic ability()

Losers

1. Al Harris, ()...but if a qb wants to complete a pass against the Packers secondary, he might as well decide to pick on Al Harris.() his greed is catching up to him, on the field.

()

3. KGB, ()...I pity the outside linebacker that lines up behind KGB.

4. Moll-Tauscher, ()...1 second to to get rid of the ball,

5. Aaron Rodger, ()...This game is meant to be played with some instincts, ()

6. Junius Coston, I beg any of you that taped the game or used Tevo on the game tonight()... Train your eyes...()...and then rolls around like a doodle bug.()

Nutz, I loved your W&L. The selected lines are incredibly brilliant. Any one of these observations would make a writer's career - a line by which they would be measured for years, decades to come. You just wrote 20* something in an inkling. NFB!!!!

the_idle_threat
08-20-2006, 04:47 AM
One difference between Favre and A-Rod that is very noticable is pocket awareness and ability to avoid the sack.

You see Favre feeling the pass rush and avoiding it ... and then you see Rodgers getting smacked around. I noticed this even last year, and it's still the same. I hope this is something A-Rod can improve with experience.

Guiness
08-20-2006, 06:24 AM
Najeh a winner, eh? Wouldn't have picked that one. Beach was certainly a winner, and should unseat Najeh after last night.

I also thought Carrol played well. Good coverage on a couple of plays, some solid tackles, run support, especially on this play:

(14:53) J.Norwood up the middle to ATL 29 for 4 yards (R.Pickett, A.Carroll).
And, of course, the sack! If Harris isn't feeling some heat, he should be.

The loser you missed was Leach. He had one nice block that I saw, but those two dropped passes will likely earn him the scissors. They were awful.

I also think Clifton belongs in both the winners and losers list. He has got to stay healthy! I wonder just how bad those knees are?

Terry
08-20-2006, 06:35 AM
I certainly am wondering about our special teams. The Packers were very happy with Rayner's, which consistantly went into the endzone and which apparently had good hang time. Yet Atlanta was still able to maintain a 25 yd return average on kickoffs.

Since, as you point out Deputy, our own return game is faring so badly, I have to begin to have questions about the special teams' coach.

Patler
08-20-2006, 08:27 AM
7. Green Bay's Special Teams, they are god awful. Rodgers can't catch a punt, our punters can't catch the snap in their own enzone, and our return teams as a whole are pathetic. Some serious gains are going to be needed by the time Chicago rolls in.

I wouldn't yet include the entire Special Teams, and our Punters didn't drop the ball, just one punter.

Its always hard to evaluate coverage teams in the preseason, as each usually has a few players that will not make the final roster. That being said I thought the blocking looked bad on all three punts, kick off coverage was not solid, if Cory Rodgers can't catch a punt he has little value to this team, and Jon Ryan didn't enhance his chances by dropping a good snap.

I can't imagine the Packers going into the season with Rodgers as the punt returner.

If the team now has to be concerned with Ryan catching the snap in addition to the previous concerns over his too frequent line drive kicks and his slowness in getting kicks away, I will not be surprised if he is released. I also won't be surprised if the punter in the first game is someone picked up as a FA. I also won't be surprised if Ryan is signed to the practice squad.

]{ilr]3
08-20-2006, 08:30 AM
I agree on the Special Teams. They must improve if we are going to have success this year. No more 35-45 yard punt and kick off returns. I would love to see more of that 61 yard punt last night, but not the 32 yarder that came after it.

GBRulz
08-20-2006, 09:05 AM
I agree with most of your list, except I expected to see Leach when I saw the losers list. Granted he opened up some good holes for Beach, he also dropped two passes, one of which was a sure 6 pts.

Al Harris was a mixed bag, he did have some great coverage on a few plays, including preventing a TD once, but he got beat when it really counted. I'm not worried about him, I think once the regular season rolls around, he'll do just fine. A player usually doesn't deteriorate that much over the course of one season. And if he's wanting to rework his contract, a Pro Bowl season might just earn him that.

My biggest concern at this point is our special teams. Not so much kicking and punting, but coverage. While it certainly helps that we have a kicker that can kick deep, that still doesn't solve all the problems.

Nutz hit the nail on the head about not getting too excited about the team after last night. We saw tremenous improvement, but now we need consistency. Now THAT might be too much to ask, we'll have to see. Great job on the report, Deputy :wink:

MuttnJeff
08-20-2006, 09:10 AM
I agree with most of your list, except I expected to see Leach when I saw the losers list.

Leach = Ben Steele II. Not just yesterday, he has pattern of fumble-fingers. Pack may need to turn one of the halfbacks into fullbacks, or pickup a FB on waivers.

pbmax
08-20-2006, 09:11 AM
5. Aaron Rodger, the guy is like a trained robot. He goes through his first progression of reads and if no one has gotten open, he either dumps the ball off into the flat, or he takes off running for his life and fumbles the ball off his own leg. To his credit the offensive line did a piss poor job protecting him the minute he stepped onto the field. This game is meant to be played with some instincts, and Rodgers has yet to consistently prove that he has any, other than a brain that has been programed by Jeff Tedford.
Like them all, only disagree with two.

Favre beat these guys last year and their pass D was suspect then. "Much improved" might make them mediocre. Then one of the starting corners went out early (Hall I think?), with Favre still in the game. Not a world beating pass D.

And most of the second quarter (and third) perfromance came with the Falcons backup playing.

The O was miles better, but has miles to go.

Second, your review of Rodgers reads like praise except for fumbling off his leg and the shot at Tedford. Factor in poor pass pro and he might have made it into the winners list.

He had two good drives and should be rightly excoriated for the fumble.

It took Favre two years to learn what to do with the time he bought with his feet and in his third season the crowd cheered when he actually gave up on a play and threw the ball out of bounds.

Rodgers moves well and unlike last week, had worse protection than Favre in the game. With time and exposure, he will learn how to move just enough to buy that extra second. His caution compared to Favre's gambling doesn't bother me,

MuttnJeff
08-20-2006, 09:15 AM
2. Ben Taylor, the second play of the Falcon's first series Taylor broke hard on Vick's play fake was totally out of position as Vick ran by him and Aaron Kampman for a 12 yard gain. Taylor's appears to be either slow footed or just slow in reaction to the play. In all honestly I think he is going to have problems making this team if his play doesn't improve. The Packers do have Poppinga coming off the knee injury, and Tracy White had another decent game.

Coach needs to show some gonads. Move Barnett outside and start Hodge. Needs to be done this week or forget it.

Bretsky
08-20-2006, 09:59 AM
I didn't think Al Harris played that bad; he'll be just fine. He had blanketed coverage in a couple of those completions and they went at him often.

Maybe I was sleeping, but I didn't notice Pickett at all. He was invisible to me. I want to see him blowing up plays like Grady Jackson did. Getting in the backfield on a doubleteam and forcing the RB to veer one way. I haven't seen that yet.

Cory Rodgers is looking more and more like Joey Jamison.

I'm concerned about the special teams too.

MadtownPacker
08-20-2006, 10:17 AM
The DTV is down so I aint getting to see nada damn thing around here but Nutty's list made me feel like I just had a whole lotta CCs of industrial strength KoolAid injected straight into my neck!!!

Sounds like Harris needs to step down so Carroll can do what he is gonna do anyways. If Woodson can make sure to drink alot of milk he will stay on the field and the CBs will be lights out.

Beat the bears and the playoffs are possible. :idea:

Patler
08-20-2006, 10:25 AM
Maybe I was sleeping, but I didn't notice Pickett at all. He was invisible to me. I want to see him blowing up plays like Grady Jackson did. Getting in the backfield on a doubleteam and forcing the RB to veer one way. I haven't seen that yet.

You probably won't see that either. That is not the way Bates wanted his tackles to play, and I assume Sanders is the same. He really did not want his tackles to penetrate as much as Jackson often did on running plays. That can open up lanes. Bates even said last year not to expect to see 2 or 3 yard losses on running plays, but expect instead to see a lot more that go for 0 or 1 yard gains, and fewer that break for long gains.

I think Pickett plays it more the way it is designed to be played.

ahaha
08-20-2006, 10:49 AM
How about Nick Collins as a semi-winner. He played solid, almost had an interception on a tough play, made a nice tackle, and that controlled blitz that forced Vick to throw a bad pass which Culver intercepted. If that were Roman coming free at Vick, he would have made Roman look foolish.

TOP HAT
08-20-2006, 12:04 PM
I am hearing mixed reviews about Moll and offensive line. On the
positive, one scout said they played ok...not spectacular.

Also, I would like to hear about chances of getting anther starting
stud de to go along with KGB by opening day.

How did Mike Montgomery look to you all?? Will the pass rush have
to depend on blitzes?

__________________________________________________ _________________

Today's poll: Which aspect of the Packers' team showed the most improvement in the second preseason game?

Pass Offense 72%

Run Offense 9%

Pass Defense 11%

Run Defense 4%

Kicking Game 1%

__________________________________________________ ____________________

I will be listening to espn with its GB vis CB national nfl monday night game live.

top hat :wink: :wink:

Cobra Kai
08-20-2006, 12:37 PM
Najeh a winner, eh? Wouldn't have picked that one. Beach was certainly a winner, and should unseat Najeh after last night.

I also thought Carrol played well. Good coverage on a couple of plays, some solid tackles, run support, especially on this play:

(14:53) J.Norwood up the middle to ATL 29 for 4 yards (R.Pickett, A.Carroll).
And, of course, the sack! If Harris isn't feeling some heat, he should be.

The loser you missed was Leach. He had one nice block that I saw, but those two dropped passes will likely earn him the scissors. They were awful.

I also think Clifton belongs in both the winners and losers list. He has got to stay healthy! I wonder just how bad those knees are?

Agreed... Davenport looked like his nickname here... POOP!!!

He looked slow, tenative, and clumsy. Out side of Buba, I've never seen football get tripped up so easliy from shoestring tackles. Out in the open field he goes down everytime someone brushes past him. The guy must have the worst center of gravity or vertigo It seems like the only times he runs with a purpose is when he has 4 guys on his back...

Trade him to the Jets for something, G, WR, S, draft pick, anything...

Tarlam!
08-20-2006, 12:41 PM
Oi! Cobra, your post smacks of a person that knows what the frag they're talking about!

Why the heck don't you post more often. I just learned a boatload from you!

wist43
08-20-2006, 12:53 PM
The OL didn't run block well at all in the 1st half. They averaged 2.7 yds/carry.

The DL didn't generate any pressure. By my count 3 pressures in the 1st half. The turnovers were the result of poor throws by Atl QB's.

The defense gave up plays of: 27, 24, 22, 19, 14, 13, and 13 yards.

Beyond that, everything was 10,000% better.

Jennings looked great, and Hawk looked more comfortable. Replacing Colledge needed to be done. Moll and Spitz both held up fairly well in pass protection. Big improvement over Colledge.

RashanGary
08-20-2006, 01:27 PM
Moll looked better but they were playing a 4-3 front and maybe Colledge was caught off gaurd. I was surprised at how well Moll did though. There was a play where he was running in space, and he looked really agile. He's got room to grow.

I think College will come around. There is an adjustment from T to G. T's are always tenative and wait to react. The G's just go strait forward and are less afraid of a guy winning on the outside. I think once Colledge adjusts to OG and gains some strength, he'll be jjust fine. I've far from given up on Colledge. It's not out of question that Moll is the better palyer though. Physically, TT called him one of those late guys who have a ton of ability but were a little raw. Moll is every bit the athlete of any other lineman we have. He seems to be a quick learner too.

mraynrand
08-20-2006, 01:43 PM
David Martin was terrible. The Packers really don't have a decent tight end. Bubba can block an has decent hands, but he was easily blanketed in coverage by some pretty average LBs (no speed, no moves). I can't believe that an offense that needs a decent TE couldn't improve over the groups they have over the past several years. Does anyone recall what Wiggins cost the Vikings? The Wiggins pickup was probably the smartest move the Vikings have made in the past four years. Couldn't the Packers have upgraded the position at least that much?

rbaloha1
08-20-2006, 03:08 PM
I pretty much agree with your winners and losers except for Al Harris.

Al had some impressive bump coverage in which h totally destroyed wrs getting into routes. He has impressive upper body strength and can out muscle may receivers despite an
apparent slight build.

Al and Woodson are going to force throws to the middle where more interceptions will likely happen.

TPF
08-20-2006, 03:50 PM
David Martin was terrible. The Packers really don't have a decent tight end. Bubba can block an has decent hands, but he was easily blanketed in coverage by some pretty average LBs (no speed, no moves). I can't believe that an offense that needs a decent TE couldn't improve over the groups they have over the past several years. Does anyone recall what Wiggins cost the Vikings? The Wiggins pickup was probably the smartest move the Vikings have made in the past four years. Couldn't the Packers have upgraded the position at least that much?

Bubba's a good red zone threat, but he's not gonna strech the field like a Heap or a Gates.

TOP HAT
08-20-2006, 05:23 PM
packer rats

Great additional analysis about individual performances in the ol and the dl.

Next week, we can measure for progress based upon it against a solid team on espn monday night game.

top hat :mrgreen: :cool:

The Leaper
08-20-2006, 07:25 PM
I wouldn't put KGB on the losers list. The guy was double teamed all night...and he's not the kind of guy who can bust through double teams. He still got some pressures here and there. If KGB is getting double teamed, then the other guys up front should be getting some pressures.

I'm pretty scared at the thought of KGB and Taylor being on the same side of the defense though. Teams are going to run at that 24-7.

SD GB fan
08-20-2006, 07:37 PM
i thought hawk was aligned behind KGB?

BananaMan
08-20-2006, 07:46 PM
I would imagine that Taylor would be lined up behind Kampman. Don't they usually put Kamp on the strong side? Though that may have just been at certain times. Taylor is the strong side backer, so he lines up on the side with the most guys, to put it simply.

So it's not JUST KGB he lines up behind. It depends.

OKC PackerFan
08-20-2006, 09:03 PM
I wouldn't put KGB on the losers list. The guy was double teamed all night...and he's not the kind of guy who can bust through double teams. He still got some pressures here and there. If KGB is getting double teamed, then the other guys up front should be getting some pressures.

I'm pretty scared at the thought of KGB and Taylor being on the same side of the defense though. Teams are going to run at that 24-7.

Leaper your so right, here's hoping Brady Poppinga gets back in playing form quickly takes over that SLB spot from Taylor.

chewy-bacca
08-20-2006, 09:19 PM
It was the first time I saw a legit West Coast offense in a long time. half way through the 2nd, I thought that to myself too. made me happy

AJ HAWK

His coverage down field was excellent, running stride for stride with the Falcons tight end and then breaking up the pass. that was a nice play

Al Harris, hopefully Al is just dogging it in the preseason but if a qb wants to complete a pass against the Packers secondary, he might as well decide to pick on Al Harris. I don't think Al's age has caught up to him, but I do think that his greed is catching up to his performance on the field.
I wonder if he is cool being on the otherside. last year he was on top more often than not. seems like they are fliped a lot so far, I wonder if thats an issue?

KGB, He is the weak point in defending the run.
good point about the LB on that side. when is Pop gonna get some time?