PDA

View Full Version : How the current Packers roster was assembled

Jimx29
09-16-2012, 09:56 PM
came across this over at reddit:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?hl=en&hl=en&key=0Arf7vexBQ6EOdFdXNENVcERkdks5cWl3WFpLTWxtLUE&single=true&gid=2&output=html

MadScientist
09-16-2012, 10:31 PM
Drives home how much roster turn over there is. 23 players were not with the team in any capacity when the packers won the Superbowl.

Guiness
09-17-2012, 11:03 AM
Have to love that gap between '99 (Driver) and 2005 (just Rodgers, although Nick Collins was part of that draft). Nobody on the team that was acquired in 2000-2004.

ThunderDan
09-17-2012, 11:14 AM
Have to love that gap between '99 (Driver) and 2005 (just Rodgers, although Nick Collins was part of that draft). Nobody on the team that was acquired in 2000-2004.

There was only 2 or 3 players on the team in 2006 from those drafts. Ugh.

Guiness
09-17-2012, 11:44 AM
There was only 2 or 3 players on the team in 2006 from those drafts. Ugh.

Maybe, but it's obvious things were looking up at that point. We've still got 6 players acquired that year. Of the players we drafted that are no longer on our team, 4 (Colledge, Spitz, Tollefson and Culver) are still in the league, and Jolly probably would be if Goodell would let him.

ThunderDan
09-17-2012, 12:32 PM
Maybe, but it's obvious things were looking up at that point. We've still got 6 players acquired that year. Of the players we drafted that are no longer on our team, 4 (Colledge, Spitz, Tollefson and Culver) are still in the league, and Jolly probably would be if Goodell would let him.

No, I was still talking about the 2000-3 drafts.

I think the players that were left were Barnett and Wells.

Fritz
09-17-2012, 01:00 PM
It is interesting to see how Ted skewers to the young - as each year passes, the older players that were on the team don't stick around. If you didn't know that, you'd think Ted had only one decent draft pick his first year, then a few, then eventually he got good at drafting.

Guiness
09-17-2012, 01:00 PM
No, I was still talking about the 2000-3 drafts.

I think the players that were left were Barnett and Wells.

Some bad ones in there. Clifton was from 2000, can't possibly complain about him. 2001 was particularly bad, of course - Jamal Reynolds, Robert Ferguson and a personal favorite because we all me his 'girlfriend', Torrence Marshall. Bill Ferrario, who was possibly the last Badger we drafted, was also in the class!

There are a couple of other players the Packers drafted in those years hanging around the league. Corey Williams for sure. Na'il Diggs played last year. Vonnie Holliday is still holding on somewhere I believe. Didn't see Hunter Hillenmeyer this week, is he still in the league?

If there are 5 Packers from those years still in the league, I wonder how those numbers would compare to the numbers from other teams?