Jimx29
09-19-2012, 09:51 PM
http://i.imgur.com/33gUE.jpg

George Cumby
09-19-2012, 10:26 PM
lol!

Pugger
09-20-2012, 07:22 AM
How many fumbles does Finley have in his career?

mraynrand
09-20-2012, 07:56 AM
How many fumbles does Finley have in his career?

Don't ask stuff like that, you'll ruin the whole hate-fest! Finley bad! Me no likey!

smuggler
09-20-2012, 10:32 AM
I think he's fumbled twice. Anyone would have fumbled that, though. It was a perfect punch-out by that filthy pickpocket, Tillman. lol

denverYooper
09-20-2012, 11:19 AM
I think he's fumbled twice. Anyone would have fumbled that, though. It was a perfect punch-out by that filthy pickpocket, Tillman. lol

James Jones!

rbaloha1
09-20-2012, 11:21 AM
Sounds like a Dos Equis beer ad.

MadtownPacker
09-20-2012, 11:30 AM
Sorry but that is some bears propaganda shit and I can't endorse it. Someone kill the messenger please!

Tony Oday
09-20-2012, 11:53 AM
Kill the TE please.

Pugger
09-20-2012, 12:45 PM

Not according to Patler and others. They say Finley's elbow was too far away from his body and made it easy for Tillman to knock it out of there.

swede
09-20-2012, 02:09 PM
Heard on the interweb...

From Twitter: Finley's Elbow's Agent says securing the rock not his client's job@haterz

Brandon494
09-20-2012, 02:35 PM
Not according to Patler and others. They say Finley's elbow was too far away from his body and made it easy for Tillman to knock it out of there.

Patler criticizing Finley? Get out of town! 8-)

Brandon494
09-20-2012, 02:37 PM
BTW its funny how even though Finley didn't say anything everyone is saying what Finley's agent tweeted about Rodgers even though he is Bishop's agent as well. I guess saying its Finley's agent just makes for a better story huh?

hoosier
09-20-2012, 03:01 PM
BTW its funny how even though Finley didn't say anything everyone is saying what Finley's agent tweeted about Rodgers even though he is Bishop's agent as well. I guess saying its Finley's agent just makes for a better story huh?

I think what it's saying is that the agent's twitter behavior is, well, Finley-esque.

pbmax
09-20-2012, 03:16 PM

Criticism of the fumble is pretty fair game. His arm was away from his body and its SOP for the Bears to target the ball. He should have known what was going to happen, or at least carry the ball like he knew. Not catastrophic, but it wasn't worth 3 extra yards. It had to be mentioned that week in meetings.

What hurts Finley here about his agent is the way no commenting the thing, while safe, pales to the endorsement Jones gave his QB. He missed an opportunity to pick up his guy. Bishop doesn't have that relationship with Rodgers. To be fair to Finley, he did Tweet his support of Rodgers and distance from the agent later that day.

Travbrew
09-20-2012, 03:18 PM

Strawman argument, B.

Not a better story, but more relevant.

I'm sure you're just being cute, but doesn't Bishop play defense and ergo, not have the relationship with the team's QB that the #1 TE would/should have? I'm pretty sure there are players on opposing sides of the ball that don't really know each other very well. In fact I remember last week's post game interview with CMIII and he completely forgot one of the defensive rookies names and said his number instead.

The rub is that if Finley's agent thinks that, what does Finley think? Who knows?

All I know is, some of us are growing weary, waiting on "potential".

Personally, if my agent said that crap about someone I'm supposed to have a brother like relationship with, I would kick him straight in the nuts and send him packing. Your agent is your represenatative, and as such can be perceived as a spokesperson, right or wrong.
The guy's an idiot.

pbmax
09-20-2012, 03:25 PM
Apparently Finley was more forthcoming today to tamp the matter down. Same distancing from agent comments and support of Rodgers as in his Tweets.

Now onto that war with Eurasia.

Joemailman
09-20-2012, 04:31 PM
Number of Fumbles by Packer Receivers since 2008:

Nelson 6
Cobb 4
Jones 4
Jennings 3
Driver 3
Finley 2

Brandon494
09-20-2012, 04:55 PM
Number of Fumbles by Packer Receivers since 2008:

Nelson 6
Cobb 4
Jones 4
Jennings 3
Driver 3
Finley 2

But its alright CAUSE its all white!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_haUxZZoiOtI/TG-jjDK6sqI/AAAAAAAABkM/MsaO34uPcws/s400/chris+rock.bmp

Brandon494
09-20-2012, 04:59 PM
All I know is, some of us are growing weary, waiting on "potential".

So you you want to go back to Donald Lee?

mraynrand
09-20-2012, 05:16 PM
Ahman Green fumbled the ball "all the time."

You would think Finley was TBuck, the way people excoriate him for pointless, uninteresting minutia.

Smeefers
09-20-2012, 05:40 PM
Yeah, you'd think Finely was AJ Hawk or something.

mraynrand
09-20-2012, 05:53 PM
Yeah, you'd think Finely was AJ Hawk or something.

Hawk never fumbles

Brandon494
09-20-2012, 06:20 PM
Hawk never fumbles

Or creates them :satan:

pbmax
09-20-2012, 06:33 PM

:lol:

I enjoyed that one.

Fritz
09-20-2012, 07:51 PM
Sometimes our hyper-media age is a bad thing. It just is. Though without it I wouldn't know so much about my beloved Packers! I used to cut the Packers' list of draftees out of the Detroit papers after the draft, then keep the list to see who panned out. I saw Packer games only occasionally, and read the tiny little two-paragraph game summaries like a starving man, trying to piece together some sense of what happened and what the team's prospects might be.

Then Patler or KYPack invented fire.

Pugger
09-20-2012, 08:41 PM
But its alright CAUSE its all white!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_haUxZZoiOtI/TG-jjDK6sqI/AAAAAAAABkM/MsaO34uPcws/s400/chris+rock.bmp

Jordy is our token white guy on the receiving corps. ;-)

George Cumby
09-20-2012, 10:06 PM
Sometimes our hyper-media age is a bad thing. It just is. Though without it I wouldn't know so much about my beloved Packers! I used to cut the Packers' list of draftees out of the Detroit papers after the draft, then keep the list to see who panned out. I saw Packer games only occasionally, and read the tiny little two-paragraph game summaries like a starving man, trying to piece together some sense of what happened and what the team's prospects might be.

Then Patler or KYPack invented fire.

That sounds familiar! It wasn't that long ago, either, late 90's or so?

smuggler
09-20-2012, 10:49 PM
Jennings had two in the Atlanta game we lost in the regular season in 2010. One was a clear blown call by the refs, but it was picked up by another Packer receiver who advanced it a few yards and so we didn't challenge. The other was a lateral that went out of bounds on the last play of the game. So, therefore, Jennings is the best at securing the ball.

mission
09-20-2012, 10:59 PM
Remember the interception Rodgers "threw" when Jennings basically tossed the ball back towards the Lion DB?

Yeah, that was awesome.

smuggler
09-20-2012, 11:04 PM
Yeah, that was actually a pick, but it sucked. Should have been a TD.

ThunderDan
09-21-2012, 09:46 AM
Let's look at fumbles verses touches.

Driver 738 rec 8 fum 1.08%
Jennings 394 5 1.27%
Jones 193 7 3.63%
Nelson 179 6 3.35%
Finley 148 2 1.35%
Cobb 35 4 11.43%

Jordy and Cobbs numbers are skewed because at one point in their careers they were the primary return guys and had some of their fumbles that way.

Finley, Driver and Jennings don't have fumbling issues.

Fritz
09-21-2012, 10:46 AM
Let's look at fumbles verses touches.

Driver 738 rec 8 fum 1.08%
Jennings 394 5 1.27%
Jones 193 7 3.63%
Nelson 179 6 3.35%
Finley 148 2 1.35%
Cobb 35 4 11.43%

Jordy and Cobbs numbers are skewed because at one point in their careers they were the primary return guys and had some of their fumbles that way.

Finley, Driver and Jennings don't have fumbling issues.

What I find interesting is how often it appears that modern receivers make amazing catches compared to their counterparts of yesteryear, yet they drop what look like easier ones - when they're open and the ball comes directly to them. I really don't remember, for example, back in the day there being this "back shoulder" throw too much. The idea was to beat your guy, get open, then get a pass. But now, with the back shoulder, a guy can be really well-covered but make a catch on a planned throw that depends on the covering guy's actually being right on his guy and not behind him.

So is this increase in guys who get the ball thrown to them even if they're covered making us more demanding, or are these guys really making the circus catches but not the easy ones?

mraynrand
09-21-2012, 11:31 AM
If Finley can't get his fumble % below 1 by the end of the year, we gotta let him go.

rbaloha1
09-21-2012, 12:21 PM

Great come back.

What happened to the Hawk apologists? Sure disappeared quick?

smuggler
09-21-2012, 12:56 PM
He had a nice tackle-for-loss against the Bears. He's probably gone next year, however, assuming Bishop is at full strength.

Pugger
09-21-2012, 02:58 PM
If Finley can't get his fumble % below 1 by the end of the year, we gotta let him go.

If that's the case then we should get rid of the whole lot of 'em for fumbling so much. :roll:

Fritz
09-21-2012, 06:14 PM
I think Hawk is playing pretty well. So far the d-line is doing a better job keeping him clean.

Brandon494
09-21-2012, 06:26 PM
I think Hawk is playing pretty well. So far the d-line is doing a better job keeping him clean.

Is he really playing better or is the improved D-line just making him look better? I would have love to see what Bishop could have done this season with the improved help upfront.

mission
09-21-2012, 07:32 PM
Is he really playing better or is the improved D-line just making him look better? I would have love to see what Bishop could have done this season with the improved help upfront.

We'll probably never know. Except, I guess, that DJ Smith hasn't exactly looked great.

Brandon494
09-21-2012, 09:11 PM
We'll probably never know. Except, I guess, that DJ Smith hasn't exactly looked great.

In pass coverage though, that really has nothing to do with the D-line.

Cheesehead Craig
09-21-2012, 10:20 PM
It's good to know that so far our biggest complaint about our LB corps is that they couldn't cover Michael Crabtree or Vernon Davis.

I got no issues with Finley. Rather have him than not.

Pugger
09-22-2012, 09:55 AM

I think it is a little bit of both.

pbmax
09-22-2012, 10:17 AM

Could be both, or possibly a slightly different role. Smith doesn't pay the same way as Bishop.

But he has been going forward faster than last year. If its him trusting his instincts more, less weight or if its cleaner lanes, I don't care. Just knock someone backward. Or at least sideways.

RashanGary
09-23-2012, 11:02 AM
Finley has been the most overrated Packer of the last 4 years. Flashes (both amazing and horribly bad.) The strange thing, the horribly bad have not gotten better, not even a little. I like to see some sort of upward trend in a player. I don't see any in him. He looks to regress more than progress. Everytime the ball goes his way, I just have a feeling it's going to be an epic fail. Even if he does well, he gets up and makes himself look like an idiot by doing a big dance for an 11 yard catch on 3rd and 22.

RashanGary
09-23-2012, 11:07 AM
And his blocking is starting to look lazy. I saw a couple where he looked completely disinterested. Then the comments by his agent. You don't think Finley and his agent talk? You think Finley's agent just comes up with this shit on his own? I remember Finley talking about how Mcadoo's detail works for some, but not others, about how he's going to just go out there and be himself, etc. . . . How about go out there and be coachable?

The guy isn't getting better, and it's always someone else's fault. He always has the answer, it's not what the coaches ask, and it never works, or we've seen no sign of it working. Get on the same page as the rest of the team or get out.