PDA

View Full Version : Grossman

Packnut
08-20-2006, 10:17 AM
http://www.suntimes.com/output/sports/cst-spt-bear20.html

Lovie is an idiot and I'm glad. Griese is a much better QB.

]{ilr]3
08-20-2006, 10:21 AM
Probably wont be long then before Mushin turns on Grossman yelling at the coach to put Griese in like he did last year to Kyle Orton to put Grossman in.

I guess thats what you get when you hire a guy named Lovie! :lol:

MadtownPacker
08-20-2006, 10:28 AM
As soon as I saw the title of this thread I knew I was gonna post something dissing that chump groossman.

Let's not disappoint.

grossman is nothing but a useless fib that needs to stay on the field for more then 4 weeks before he is compared to most NFL QBs much less Favre. Sick of hearing that crap on espn.

BallHawk
08-20-2006, 10:30 AM
Griese is the better choice, but I can't blame Lovie for using Grossman. They keep on waiting for this kid to develop, and if it doesn't happen this season than look for them to change their plan. It's either injury or just lack of talent that stops Grossman from turning into a competent NFL QB. In his 9 career games, he has never had a positive TD to INT ratio. It doesn't help that his receiving core isn't that good. I wouldn't be surprised to see Griese in there by week 4. Especially after the Green Bay defense destroys Grossman's offense in week 1. :twisted:

FavreChild
08-20-2006, 10:32 AM
Doesn't matter, anyway. Grossman will get injured soon.

Good job keeping up with the sig, KilrB. :mrgreen:

]{ilr]3
08-20-2006, 10:36 AM
Doesn't matter, anyway. Grossman will get injured soon.

Good job keeping up with the sig, KilrB. :mrgreen:

LOL, it makes for a quick chuckle for the week! :lol:

MadtownPacker
08-20-2006, 10:47 AM
The sigs are nice but is that Tony the Tiger?

Guess theyyyyreee grrreeaaatt!

BallHawk
08-20-2006, 10:59 AM
The sigs are nice but is that Tony the Tiger?

Lools like it. I was wondering why Tony was spending so much time around sweaty, young children.

J-Rok
08-20-2006, 12:45 PM
grossman is nothing but a useless fib

I'm sorry; I still get a chuckle out of fib. Bears fans here are all arguing amongst themselves about Grossman/Griese. It'd be funnier if this was the first time there was a quarterback controversy down here. Nevermind, it's still hilarious.

MadtownPacker
08-20-2006, 12:52 PM
Funny thing about their QB controversy isn’t which one is better but which one sucks less.

Tarlam!
08-20-2006, 12:54 PM
Did any of you read the last part of the article? About divisional dominance?

Seems Shtcargo are a shoe in to with the group, cause, we lost to the team they beat in the pre-season.

I want you all to go to wherever it is that you pray and light a friggin candle for your deity of choice. Please join me in the following prayer:

"Oh (enter deity name here), please protect my family members and friends from life's dangers and support them in their endeavours to shape a better world. Please help me disover a cure for famine, pestilence and A.I.D.S.

Please let Da Bears rot in the cellar of the NFC North for eternity; especially, (enter deity name here), grant that your football team shall go forth victorious on the season opener, so that we Packer-fans need not fear that FIB garbology....."

mraynrand
08-20-2006, 01:02 PM
Funny thing about their QB controversy isn’t which one is better but which one sucks less.

Like choosing between a Gremlin and a Pinto.

MadtownPacker
08-20-2006, 01:17 PM
Like choosing between a Gremlin and a Pinto.
Well Rexie has to be the Pinto cuz something on him is always blowing up!

FritzDontBlitz
08-20-2006, 01:28 PM
brian griese is a much better game manager than rex grossman: think kyle orton with a decent arm. griese would probably be the best qb chicago has had since jim mcmahon left them when ditka was still runing the show. yeah i know that mcmahon wasn't pretty but he was a winner. griese may not be a showstopper but he will produce just enough to make the bears a formidable scoring threat when they're OFFENSE is on the field. rex grossman? well....he's just gross, man.

best case scenario: lovie continues to deny the obvious and let's gross, man start the season opener against the packers.

worst case scenario: gross, man blows a gasket during preseason and lovie HAS to start griese against the packers.

Tarlam!
08-20-2006, 01:51 PM
Sorry, guys, but you'll have to eat some crow. Rex is the real deal. The guy is a leader. The only question is how brittle he is - not if he can play. He can play.

I just hope he is injured for our games against Da Bears. Rex will haunt us from the south, and that FRIGGIN RB will haunt us from the East.

I think we'll be able to win, but, these two guys make it a competition....

red
08-20-2006, 02:00 PM
Sorry, guys, but you'll have to eat some crow. Rex is the real deal. The guy is a leader. The only question is how brittle he is - not if he can play. He can play.

I just hope he is injured for our games against Da Bears. Rex will haunt us from the south, and that FRIGGIN RB will haunt us from the East.

i agree

the guys good when he's on the field, and i'm most scared of the bears when he's under center.

last year when he came back that looked like a whole new team

his only problem is, well other then he's a bear, is that he gets hurt way too much

he's got a bright future ahead of him if he can stay healthy

MadtownPacker
08-20-2006, 02:05 PM

I think we'll be able to win, but, these two guys make it a competition....Wait a minute.. arent you the guy that said he cant even WATCH games where he lives???

Sorry Aussie but part of playing in the NFL is being able to take getting destroyed by some 350lb monster with bad intentions. Worse part for rexie is that some of his boo-boos havent even came from contact.

Yes he has shown SOME of the qualities but what good are they when the most important one (staying on the field) is so hard for him?

BTW - Dont wish injury on anyone. If it happens it happens and we will all laugh but we shouldnt wish it on him.

Tarlam!
08-20-2006, 02:09 PM
I read an aweful lot. :cry:

And I was wishing him an in-grown toenail....twice....

FritzDontBlitz
08-20-2006, 03:34 PM

i agree

the guys good when he's on the field, and i'm most scared of the bears when he's under center.

last year when he came back that looked like a whole new team

his only problem is, well other then he's a bear, is that he gets hurt way too much

he's got a bright future ahead of him if he can stay healthy

apparently neither of you guys saw him stink up the joint in the playoff loss to carolina last year....

TPF
08-20-2006, 03:49 PM
Grossman will actually, IMO, have a solid season this year. If he can stay healthy he can be a top 15 QB.

Iron Mike
08-20-2006, 05:29 PM
Grossman will actually, IMO, have a solid season this year. If he can stay healthy he can be a top 15 QB.

That's a pretty big "if"......isn't it?? :mrgreen:

FavreChild
08-20-2006, 06:16 PM
There's no way he makes it through the whole season - either by injury or benching. QB roulette in Chi-town isn't over by a long shot.

pack4to84
08-20-2006, 06:24 PM
Grossman will actually, IMO, have a solid season this year. If he can stay healthy he can be a top 15 QB.With the bears OL there is no way he would make it the hole season. Maye the top 15 QB in the NFC. QB ranking is 80% scored from completion percentage. Rex cant even complete 60% in preseason.

PASSING --
CAR: J.Delhomme 24-33-1-319 72.7%
CHI: R.Grossman 17-41-1-192 41.5%

And Bears fans say Rex had a good Playoff game. Guess they dont have high hopes for QB's.

so far preseason games Rex 10-25-1int 0TD 130yds 40% so he is only 1.5 percent different from playoff game. So if any bears fan said he was good in playoffs should say he is playing up to his ability now.

TheCheese
08-21-2006, 02:48 AM
I hope they start Griese, I want the pack to beat Chicago at their best, screw hollow victories.

Tarlam!
08-21-2006, 05:55 AM
..apparently neither of you guys saw him stink up the joint in the playoff loss to carolina last year....

Don't make me defend a friggin' Bear! Wasn't that game his first coming off an injury?

MadtownPacker
08-21-2006, 06:43 AM
..apparently neither of you guys saw him stink up the joint in the playoff loss to carolina last year....

Don't make me defend a friggin' Bear! Wasn't that game his first coming off an injury?Why not? YOU already said you think he is good.

He played against the Packers on Xmas and we know they didnt make the playoffs. Quite making excuses for groosman.

pack4to84
08-21-2006, 07:44 AM
Rex stats from Packer game last year
R.Grossman 11-23-1INT-166 1TD 47.8%

the_idle_threat
08-21-2006, 07:58 AM
Bears fans (and perhaps some Packer fans) tend to overrate Grossman since he is 2-0 vs. the Pack in his short career, with both victories coming at Lambeau field.

But when you consider his overall stats, durability, and win-loss pct, he doesn't come off any better than Kyle Orton.

Stats

Grossman's career stats:

G--GS--Att--Comp--Pct--Yards--YPA--TD--Int--RAT

8---7---195--105---51.5--1303--6.68--4----6---68.8

Orton's career stats:

G---GS--Att--Comp--Pct---Yards--YPA--TD--Int--RAT

15--15--368--190----51.6--1869--5.08--9---13---59.7

Grossman comes out slightly ahead in yards and YPA, which lead to a higher QB rating, but comp % and TD-to-Int ratio are just about the same. Of course, Grossman looked pretty bad in the playoffs last season, but I won't be too hard on him for that given that I've seen very good QBs look pretty bad at times in the playoffs. (Favre, anyone?)

Durability

Since being named starter in the third-to last game of 2003, Grossman has started 7 out of a possible 35 regular season games, missing most of the past two seasons because of injury. I don't think it gets much worse than that.

Win-Loss

Grossman went 2-1 at the end of 2003. He's played in 5 more regular season games since then, starting 4, and has gone 3-2, for a total regular season win-loss pct of 5-3. He's 0-1 in the playoffs.

Orton went 10-5 in 15 starts last year.

Bottom Line

People think Grossman is a winner because he has won a couple of big games against the rival Packers, but the record really shows that 1) he's a crappy quarterback, 2) he's undependable, and 3) if the QB gets credit for wins, then he's less of a winner than the other guy they currently have at third string.

Of course, everyone seems to know that Orton is a crappy QB and all of those wins he's credited with are more accurately attributed to defense and special teams ... I just wonder why people don't see that with Grossman.

HarveyWallbangers
08-21-2006, 08:29 AM
Could Grossman be solid? Sure. However, I've made it known I didn't like him coming out of college. Nothing I've seen in the pros has made me change my opinion of him.

red
08-21-2006, 08:52 AM
if you look just at the stats you'll miss some of the picture.

even if his numbers weren't that great, the bears o got a lot better when he got healthy. with orton last year the bears couldn't move the ball at all, when grossman came bake they starting to move. it wasn't a great offence, but it worked a lot better then it did without grossman

to me, when grossman is in, they had an average offence last season, without him, they were one of the worst

as for the playoff game, it was one game, and i think his first playoff game. our own legend has had some pretty horrible playoff games too

i'm not saying he's a pro bowler, but i'm also not saying he's going to be a bust and out of the nfl in a couple of year

GoPack06
08-21-2006, 11:09 AM
I hope they leave in Grossman. He's gonna throw a ton of INT's this year.

Tarlam!
08-21-2006, 01:44 PM
...Why not? YOU already said you think he is good.

He played against the Packers on Xmas and we know they didnt make the playoffs. Quite making excuses for groosman.

Arh, go piss on a Bear's helmut and quit trying to bait me. We've already established I'm an idiot, so stop sticking your finger in the wound!! :mrgreen:

FritzDontBlitz
08-21-2006, 01:51 PM
if you look just at the stats you'll miss some of the picture.

even if his numbers weren't that great, the bears o got a lot better when he got healthy. with orton last year the bears couldn't move the ball at all, when grossman came bake they starting to move. it wasn't a great offence, but it worked a lot better then it did without grossman

to me, when grossman is in, they had an average offence last season, without him, they were one of the worst

as for the playoff game, it was one game, and i think his first playoff game. our own legend has had some pretty horrible playoff games too

i'm not saying he's a pro bowler, but i'm also not saying he's going to be a bust and out of the nfl in a couple of year

yeah, the legend has had some godawful games, BUT he's had plenty more opportunities to have bad playoff games than the gross one. AND, its hilariously ironic to compare the alltime ironman to an injury prone "maybe-he'll-be-as-good-as-they-say-if-he-ever-stays-healthy" qb