PDA

View Full Version : Dear NFL ...

CaptainKickass
09-24-2012, 11:50 PM
Tell the NFL whatever you like here: http://www.nfl.com/contact-us

Clicked "other". Then I selected "Negative Feedback"

My text:

"After the end of the Packers-Seahawks game tonight. You have lost a lifetime NFL fan. Not another dollar from my wallet."

mraynrand
09-24-2012, 11:54 PM
Sent two comments

King Friday
09-24-2012, 11:57 PM
Sent my comment...and I'm wavering on watching the Saints game next week. If replacement refs are still there, I think I'm going to skip it. It has become an unwatchable product...even more unwatchable than Big Ten football.

Little Whiskey
09-24-2012, 11:59 PM
I sent my 2 cents. the picture of the "TD" with a question mark.

HarveyWallbangers
09-25-2012, 12:01 AM
Sent my comment...and I'm wavering on watching the Saints game next week. If replacement refs are still there, I think I'm going to skip it. It has become an unwatchable product...even more unwatchable than Big Ten football.

I will watch the Packers, but I will not watch a game not involving the Packers this weekend. That's the best I can do.
:)

Little Whiskey
09-25-2012, 12:03 AM
I will watch the Packers, but I will not watch a game not involving the Packers this weekend. That's the best I can do.
:)

you are stronger than I am. I'm done.

King Friday
09-25-2012, 12:04 AM
If Green Bay fans committed to not watching for just one week, it would scare the PISS out of the league.

George Cumby
09-25-2012, 12:05 AM
"Mr. Goodell,

Congratulations. You have successfully taken the premier spectator sport in North America, possibly the world, and single-handedly run it into the ground.

Between the labor dispute with the players, your bizarre and byzantine approach to player discipline and your labor dispute with the officials you have displayed a remarkable lack of vision and leadership.

The questionable product that is now being produced due to your inability to get the two sides together and negotiate is now costing you and the league credibility and money.

Strong work."

Made me feel better.

Willard
09-25-2012, 12:08 AM
I just sent a scathing message to Goodell. No more money spent on this product. That is the ONLY thing that will scare them into fixing this travesty. Thanks for the link. I feel better.

CaptainKickass
09-25-2012, 12:15 AM

It takes a moment like this to realize that I pay for the privilege of being a walking NFL advertisement.

I've done so for all of my life without ever stepping back to ask myself "why?". I've spent an incredibly large amount of money over time for something that's supposed to be entertaining. Well, guess what? I'm no longer entertained by this so-called "league". A league who raises the price of tickets, jerseys, hats, jackets, everything - every year. A league that makes incredible ass-loads of PROFIT the likes of which no common man can realistically imagine. And yet still fails at the most fundamental part of a sport. The rules.

I repeat: It takes a moment like this to realize that I pay for the privilege of being a walking NFL advertisement.

mraynrand
09-25-2012, 12:22 AM
nothing is going to happen. Tickets have been sold. People will show up and pay. Except for the Browns, people will continue to watch. Goodell has nothing to worry about. Sound and Fury, Sound and Fury

CaptainKickass
09-25-2012, 12:50 AM
nothing is going to happen. Tickets have been sold. People will show up and pay. Except for the Browns, people will continue to watch. Goodell has nothing to worry about. Sound and Fury, Sound and Fury

Perhaps.

But then again, maybe I'll spend more time with my friends and family. Maybe I'll take up a sport or activity instead of spectating. Maybe I'll start a sport or league of my own.

I wonder how much I spend every year on the NFL directly or indirectly? What else could I spend that portion of time and money on?

mraynrand
09-25-2012, 12:52 AM
I wonder how much I spend every year on the NFL directly or indirectly? What else could I spend that portion of time and money on?

Women. I recommend spending it on women. Or cars. Maybe a new electric can opener.

CaptainKickass
09-25-2012, 12:57 AM
Turns out I didn't have to look too far.

How's $90,000 sound?

From here:

http://929nin.com/the-average-nfl-fan-spends-90000-on-their-team/

"I know that as an NFL fan I am spending some money, but I never want to see the dollar amount.I know that if you have season tickets at the new Cowboys stadium you are going to spend this money easily, but according to the survey it factors in all the money you spend at the stadium too.

–$380 on gas, transportation, and parking.

–$400 on food and drink at the games.

–$70 on clothing and team gear.

–$210 on food and drinks at bars watching away games.

–$113 for one ticket each year to an away game, plus another $500 on transportation and a hotel.

–$250 for subscriptions to stuff like DirecTV’s NFL package, other sports channels, magazines, and websites.

That adds up to $2,036 per year. If you’re a hardcore fan from age 21 through 65, over those 44 years you’ll spend approximately $89,584 on your team.

Hopefully my blog post doesn’t get any husbands in trouble with their wives. If you do get in trouble I am sorry."

CaptainKickass
09-25-2012, 01:03 AM
Women. I recommend spending it on women. Or cars. Maybe a new electric can opener.

I could really do a lot of hookers and blow for $90k. I could record a few really nicely produced albums with my band. I could get a pretty sweet RV. Maybe some awesome vacation property.