PDA

View Full Version : The NFl Responds

Bossman641
09-25-2012, 11:29 AM
Knew they were going to cover their asses

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/75958/nfl-statement-on-monday-night-controversy

In Monday's game between the Green Bay Packers and Seattle Seahawks, Seattle faced a 4th-and-10 from the Green Bay 24 with eight seconds remaining in the game.

Seattle quarterback Russell Wilson threw a pass into the end zone. Several players, including Seattle wide receiver Golden Tate and Green Bay safety M.D. Jennings, jumped into the air in an attempt to catch the ball.

While the ball is in the air, Tate can be seen shoving Green Bay cornerback Sam Shields to the ground. This should have been a penalty for offensive pass interference, which would have ended the game. It was not called and is not reviewable in instant replay.

When the players hit the ground in the end zone, the officials determined that both Tate and Jennings had possession of the ball. Under the rule for simultaneous catch, the ball belongs to Tate, the offensive player. The result of the play was a touchdown.

Replay Official Howard Slavin stopped the game for an instant replay review. The aspects of the play that were reviewable included if the ball hit the ground and who had possession of the ball. In the end zone, a ruling of a simultaneous catch is reviewable. That is not the case in the field of play, only in the end zone.

Referee Wayne Elliott determined that no indisputable visual evidence existed to overturn the call on the field, and as a result, the on-field ruling of touchdown stood. The NFL Officiating Department reviewed the video today and supports the decision not to overturn the on-field ruling following the instant replay review.

The result of the game is final.

mraynrand
09-25-2012, 11:31 AM
The NFL Officiating Department reviewed the video today and supports the decision not to overturn the on-field ruling following the instant replay review.

Good Lord

mraynrand
09-25-2012, 11:32 AM
Got a rope,
Got a tree.
Got a rope,
Got a tree,
Gonna hang a referee.*

*The white ref

ThunderDan
09-25-2012, 11:33 AM
Fucking bullshit. There was indisputable visual evidence that MD Jennings made the interception.

Fritz
09-25-2012, 11:33 AM
Good Lord

This is shocking news.:shock:

mraynrand
09-25-2012, 11:37 AM
This is shocking news.:shock:

It's not surprising at all.*

*It's just a bit stunning when you see it in print, with the full denial of reality on display

mraynrand
09-25-2012, 11:40 AM
I have to find something to destroy.*

*I think me head is going to explode

Guiness
09-25-2012, 11:40 AM
Result of the game is final? As opposed to what, we're going to have a do over? Overturn the play the next day? We all knew that it was 'final'.

MadtownPacker
09-25-2012, 11:41 AM
You MFers expected any different?

mraynrand
09-25-2012, 11:41 AM
Result of the game is final? As opposed to what, we're going to have a do over? Overturn the play the next day? We all knew that it was 'final'.

Fuck the NFL*

*seriously - Fuck them!!!

ThunderDan
09-25-2012, 11:45 AM
My response to the NFL. I am not watching any NFL games but the Packers games. No Thursday, Sunday or Monday night games.

Can someone start a facebook page to skip watching this Thursday's night game in protest?

sharpe1027
09-25-2012, 11:48 AM
You MFers expected any different?

I thought so, given that the entire media, ex-players, coaches, current players, ex-officials, fans were all outraged. I guess the NFL has more balls than I gave them credit for. No brains, but big balls.

VegasPackFan
09-25-2012, 11:51 AM
They have to duck this one and hope it goes away. The replay refs are not replacements, so that would be a whole new problem. And if they DID admit that the replay decision was wrong, then they would have to deal with calls to overturn the final result and award GB the win. Do you think they want to deal with any of this?

ThunderDan
09-25-2012, 11:53 AM
And Las Vegas is paying out the "winning" tickets.

Bossman641
09-25-2012, 11:54 AM
This is such fucking bullshit. They are hiding behind the pass interference. "Oh yea the refs fucked up the PI but everything else after that was fine"

It's one thing to screw up a game. It's another thing to treat the fans and media like morons and expect them to buy this lame excuse.

MadtownPacker
09-25-2012, 11:54 AM
Agreed Sharpe but are they really the stupid ones? We are still going to watch the games, even if it just the Packers ones like Thunderdan said the NFL still wins.

The only way to make a point us by watching nothing NFL.

I don't know if I can do it.

sharpe1027
09-25-2012, 11:55 AM
They have to duck this one and hope it goes away. The replay refs are not replacements, so that would be a whole new problem. And if they DID admit that the replay decision was wrong, then they would have to deal with calls to overturn the final result and award GB the win. Do you think they want to deal with any of this?

I disagree with this. There are plenty of games wrongly decided and they have NEVER been overturned. They could admit there was a wrong call, but leave the result as is. Nobody expected them to overturn the final result; however, they could admit the obvious -- they f**ed up.

mraynrand
09-25-2012, 11:55 AM

I'm sure Goodell got a call from 'Vinny'*

*Something to do with the status of his knees and whether he wanted to keep them, most likely.

Zool
09-25-2012, 11:56 AM
I won't be watching another game until the replacement refs are gone. I won't be going to NFL.com to give them any ad revenue. If they arent gone in a couple weeks, I'll be cancelling the sports tier on my cable sub with the NFL network.

mmmdk
09-25-2012, 12:03 PM
Fuck the NFL*

*seriously - Fuck them!!!

I'm with you!

mmmdk
09-25-2012, 12:04 PM
Agreed Sharpe but are they really the stupid ones? We are still going to watch the games, even if it just the Packers ones like Thunderdan said the NFL still wins.

OMG, you're so spot on!

sharpe1027
09-25-2012, 12:09 PM

Next week, I may miss my first packer game for as long as I can remember. I really do not care to watch this soap opera garbage of a product the NFL is putting out this year. Being very supportive and emotionally invested in a team is a double-edged sword. When I no longer believe in the integrity, I take it personally. The NFL can piss off (for now). This is the first time in my life that I am glad that I do not have season tickets.

ThunderDan
09-25-2012, 12:12 PM

I disagree. My weekly NFL watching time will go from 14 hours to 3.5. If every fan did that the TV rates would plummet.

Guiness
09-25-2012, 12:16 PM
Saw a good response on PFT

Of course not. Can you imagine the mess there would be in Vegas if they switch the outcome after payouts and ripped tickets occurred?

This mess has really got me. As I said in the game day thread, I can't see myself watching more NFL football the state it's in right now. I can take ups and down by players, coaches who make ridiculous decisions (MM staying with the passing game until halftime!). Even things refs miss at high speed - I'm a big defender of messed up calls, pointing out to others how difficult it is to see and instantly interpret what just happened - but this is different - the NFL is knowingly putting an inferior product on the field. They're saying the refs don't matter, and in this sport more than any other, they do.

MadScientist
09-25-2012, 12:26 PM
Pure CYA.

Goodell needs to learn real fast that the worst thing an entertainment industry group can do is to teach the consumer that they can live without your product. putting out a substandard product will do just that.

Harlan Huckleby
09-25-2012, 12:26 PM
While the ball is in the air, Tate can be seen shoving Green Bay cornerback Sam Shields to the ground. This should have been a penalty for offensive pass interference, which would have ended the game.
Good. The NFL acknowledges exactly what happens, including the mistake of the referee.

When the players hit the ground in the end zone, the officials determined that both Tate and Jennings had possession of the ball. Under the rule for simultaneous catch, the ball belongs to Tate, the offensive player. The result of the play was a touchdown.
Unfucking believable. The officials gave conflicting signals on the field. No acknowlegement from NFL. The ref who had a MUCH better view indicated a touchback, the side judge who called it a touchdown was far off and was looking at Jennings back. No acknowlegement from NFL. The head referee did not initiate a conference to resolve the discrepency, he immediately ran to the replay booth. No acknowlegement from NFL. Video replay clearly showed it was NOT a simultaneous catch, Tate never had possession at any point. No acknowlegement from NFL.

Why on the first issue does the NFL make an honest accounting, then in the more controversial issue insult our intelligence?

mmmdk
09-25-2012, 12:29 PM
I disagree. My weekly NFL watching time will go from 14 hours to 3.5. If every fan did that the TV rates would plummet.

I second this.

Freak Out
09-25-2012, 12:30 PM
Laughable but not suprising. Another CYA moment the NFL.

MadtownPacker
09-25-2012, 12:34 PM

Sounds like a crackhead saying he will just take one hit on Sundays. :lol:

MadtownPacker
09-25-2012, 12:34 PM

mmmdk
09-25-2012, 12:35 PM
Laughable but not suprising. Another CYA moment the NFL.

NFL = National Football League...it's a national problem and not just football or some league.

"I'm not a crook".

ThunderDan
09-25-2012, 12:36 PM

Well, my dealer wont be as happy since my consumption went down 75%.

mmmdk
09-25-2012, 12:36 PM

:lol: Hmm!

Freak Out
09-25-2012, 12:39 PM
Sitton just hammered Tate and Pretty Pete on the Rome show.

LEWCWA
09-25-2012, 12:39 PM

Thats just it, I am done with the NFL....that isn't/wasn't entertaining, so why be distraught about something that didn't entertain me.

HowardRoark
09-25-2012, 12:52 PM

Section 2, Article 1

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/rulebook/pdfs/20_Rule17_Emergencies_UnfairActs.pdf

Patler
09-25-2012, 12:52 PM
So, which of us couldn't have written that press release last night? On rare occasions they have acknowledged serious errors the next day, but in view of the lockout, and their decision to go with replacement officials, it was obvious what their response would be.

They appeased GB fans by saying; yes, you should have won because of the pass interference. But we all know penalties are missed regularly, so while it is wrong, we already have and will put up with it. They totally ignored the catch/interception issue by skipping over everything that determines it. They went directly from Tate shoving Shields to the players being on the ground. They never explained what acts constituted possession by Tate, and that is the crux of the issue.

I wonder what their explanation is to the Packers. Unfortunately, we will not be told.

Guiness
09-25-2012, 01:03 PM
Section 2, Article 1

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/rulebook/pdfs/20_Rule17_Emergencies_UnfairActs.pdf

Has the 'extraordinary unfair acts' section EVER been used? I'm not aware of it.

I'm thinking Testaverde's helmet TD...that was even more clear than this.

ThunderDan
09-25-2012, 01:08 PM
So, which of us couldn't have written that press release last night? On rare occasions they have acknowledged serious errors the next day, but in view of the lockout, and their decision to go with replacement officials, it was obvious what their response would be.

They appeased GB fans by saying; yes, you should have won because of the pass interference. But we all know penalties are missed regularly, so while it is wrong, we already have and will put up with it. They totally ignored the catch/interception issue by skipping over everything that determines it. They went directly from Tate shoving Shields to the players being on the ground. They never explained what acts constituted possession by Tate, and that is the crux of the issue.

I wonder what their explanation is to the Packers. Unfortunately, we will not be told.

I knew what was coming from the NFL. I hoped they would be big enough to admit that Jennings had the ball.

MadtownPacker
09-25-2012, 01:09 PM
Well, my dealer wont be as happy since my consumption went down 75%.Or he can raise the price of that one hit (ala carte games someday?). But he knows it is a dirty habit and you will eventually want some more.

ThunderDan
09-25-2012, 01:10 PM
Or he can raise the price of that one hit (ala carte games someday?). But he knows it is a dirty habit and you will eventually want some more.

In a sense they already do that with the ESPN and NFL Network games.

I was mad when they put games on ESPN. I was furious when they put games on a newly created NFL Network to make network providers purchase their product.

Badgerinmaine
09-25-2012, 01:17 PM

I totally agree. I was at least glad to see the acknowledgement that there should have been offensive pass interference. And I'm still royally p****d off. But allow me to play devil's advocate: I can't think of a single case in the NFL where the outcome of the game was reversed by the league office. In fact, the only thing I can think of (other than things like forfeiting games won, as Penn State had to do, for rules violations unrelated to play on the field) that even comes close is the Pine Tar baseball game between the Royals and Yankees, where they ordered a replay from the point of the disputed, reversed call on George Brett's home run. No league wants to be in a position where they've set a precedent that teams can expect to get losses overturned routinely. If they said yes to the Packers in this case--and I wish as a Packers diehard they had--they'd get pressure to overrule in every game ending in a controversial call based on this precedent. The NFL has done a bunch of things wrong here, but I can see why they wouldn't want to open that box.

Badgerinmaine
09-25-2012, 01:24 PM
Okay, I'm ducking now :-)

mmmdk
09-25-2012, 01:27 PM
Thank you, fucking Goodell & NFL, it feels like putting on a plaster dipped in ass water and applied on a severe wound with salt in it. FUCKING THANK YOU!

Furthermore, I may piss in Stubbys ear, but he's my coach, my team and I'm fucking gonna stand by them! FUCK!

Badgerinmaine
09-25-2012, 01:28 PM

I was mad when they put games on ESPN. I was furious when they put games on a newly created NFL Network to make network providers purchase their product.
They just got a big win there, too--Time Warner Cable, which had been a holdout from the start of the NFL Network (NFL demanded they offer it as part of a basic package; TW wanted to put it in a sports tier that only the people who wanted those would pay for) finally cut a deal together last week. I'm glad I'll finally get NFLN but I agree with you...but there is always national radio on those games, anyhow.

Badgerinmaine
09-25-2012, 01:29 PM
Thank you, fucking Goodell & NFL, it feels like putting on a plaster dipped in ass water and applied on a severe wound with salt in it. FUCKING THANK YOU!
Now there's a yummy image to go with my lunch :wink:

Patler
09-25-2012, 01:31 PM
I wouldn't expect them to reverse the result even if the regular officials made the call. They have at times said calls were wrong, rules applied incorrectly, etc. But, what's done is done. Of course, this was a last play, no time left play; but I still wouldn't have expected a changed result, just maybe a weak acknowledgement that after careful, time consuming reviewthe call in the heat of the game was wrong.

Bossman641
09-25-2012, 01:35 PM
If there is any karma in the world, the Packers will win the Super Bowl and then tell Goodell to stick the trophy where the sun don't shine during the presentation.

Cheesehead Craig
09-25-2012, 01:36 PM
I wouldn't expect them to reverse the result even if the regular officials made the call. They have at times said calls were wrong, rules applied incorrectly, etc. But, what's done is done. Of course, this was a last play, no time left play; but I still wouldn't have expected a changed result, just maybe a weak acknowledgement that after careful, time consuming reviewthe call in the heat of the game was wrong.

Exactly. I wasn't expecting a reversal of the end result either. Just a damn apology that they got it wrong but the call is the call and that they are not going to set a precident by overturning the ref's calls. The fact they won't man up is pathetic.

Patler
09-25-2012, 01:48 PM
Exactly. I wasn't expecting a reversal of the end result either. Just a damn apology that they got it wrong but the call is the call and that they are not going to set a precident by overturning the ref's calls. The fact they won't man up is pathetic.

Just to be clear, I might have expected that if the real officials had called the game. I had absolutely no expectation that the league would own up to it when the league itself caused it by playing games with replacement officials.

They intentionally are playing games with high school officials and officials who are primarily basketball or other sport officials. The vast majority are in way, way over their heads, but the league plays on. I certainly didn't expect the league to then emphasize the officials ineptness, while at the same time implying that it should be of no concern who the officials are.

sharpe1027
09-25-2012, 01:56 PM
Just to be clear, I might have expected that if the real officials had called the game. I had absolutely no expectation that the league would own up to it when the league itself caused it by playing games with replacement officials.

They intentionally are playing games with high school officials and officials who are primarily basketball or other sport officials. The vast majority are in way, way over their heads, but the league plays on. I certainly didn't expect the league to then emphasize the officials ineptness, while at the same time implying that it should be of no concern who the officials are.

I understand your point., but I can't see them gaining anything by denying it in this case. Nobody buys their explanation. All they have done is lose even more credibility. The certainly did not change anyone's opinion regarding the official's ineptness with this denial. It was the final straw for me. Piss off NFL.

Patler
09-25-2012, 02:15 PM
I understand your point., but I can't see them gaining anything by denying it in this case. Nobody buys their explanation. All they have done is lose even more credibility. The certainly did not change anyone's opinion regarding the official's ineptness with this denial. It was the final straw for me. Piss off NFL.

They don't have to gain anything, just tread water until it all blows over, which they know it will sooner or later.

sharpe1027
09-25-2012, 02:24 PM
They don't have to gain anything, just tread water until it all blows over, which they know it will sooner or later.

I guess my point is that given the two options, they would come out better by admitting the call was wrong. You can get away with this type of BS in somewhat reasonable situations, but it is not the same as when 98% of the people just flat out disagree.

For example, they could have spun it by explaining the reasoning behind the decision (e.g., a very unique situation that was open to some interpretation of the rules), while stating that going forward the rule is being clarified to align with what 98% of people believe is the right call.

They may be treading water, but their official position is a lead weight tied to their ankle. :)

George Cumby
09-25-2012, 02:36 PM
I respect the eternal optimism of anyone who thought the NFL was going to overturn the results of that game.

The league played EXACTLY to their tendencies. i.e.: Chickenshit and playing to not lose.

I was somewhat neutral on Goodell over the years, no longer. He is a pox upon the league. He is no Tags, he is no Rozelle.

mmmdk
09-25-2012, 02:41 PM
If there is any karma in the world, the Packers will win the Super Bowl and then tell Goodell to stick the trophy where the sun don't shine during the presentation.

My goodness, my 9 year old daughter predicted the last Packers SB win, she said no go last season and not 1 hour ago, she predicted Packers winning the SB this season but only by a hair - those were her words.

NB - these are her only Packer predictions and she's been right!

sharpe1027
09-25-2012, 02:41 PM
I just thought they might admit that if the same play happens in the future, it should be ruled an INT. Right now they are saying it was fine to call it a catch and TD. If that is the case, the new rules just evolve as the refs make them up. Fun.

Cheesehead Craig
09-25-2012, 02:45 PM
I just thought they might admit that if the same play happens in the future, it should be ruled an INT. Right now they are saying it was fine to call it a catch and TD. If that is the case, the new rules just evolve as the refs make them up. Fun.

Like I said in another thread. Apparently a new rule this offseason is that a WR can catch the defender who actually caught the ball for a TD.

ThunderDan
09-25-2012, 02:49 PM

http://gizmodo.com/5946235/a-sports-gambling-website-refunded-everyones-packers-bets-because-the-nfls-replacement-refs-were-so-bad

One sports gambling website issues refunds for Packer game.

Harlan Huckleby
09-25-2012, 02:55 PM
I'm surprised at the NFL response. If they had simply admited the obvious, that the referees erred badly on calling that play a reception, it would have bought them some goodwill. It would not increase pressure on them to deal with the ref union, that horse is already out of the barn.

The insulting response they made is a "fuck you, chump" to the fans and media. Unless they think blowing-up the controversy further is in their business interests, and I don't discount that possibility, then Goodell is both weasely and stupid.

Joemailman
09-25-2012, 03:00 PM
Got my new Roger Goodell jersey:

http://thiswastv.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/hehateme1.jpg

Pugger
09-25-2012, 03:43 PM

I'm guessing Goodell called 1265 and privately apologized but he isn't gonna do so publicly.

Brandon494
09-25-2012, 04:04 PM
Got a rope,
Got a tree.
Got a rope,
Got a tree,
Gonna hang Goodell

fixed

SkinBasket
09-25-2012, 05:58 PM
I've actually considered - not too seriously mind you - demanding a refund on Sunday Ticket as a result. Not getting what I paid for.

MadtownPacker
09-25-2012, 08:21 PM

Exactly and little by little the NFL is treating the fans like we are their bitches that happily bow and give our money.

MadtownPacker
09-25-2012, 08:22 PM
Fucked up but true! I cant lie I'm already eager to see the Saints game just to get the bad taste of goddell's shit out of my mouth.

mraynrand
09-25-2012, 08:27 PM
Exactly and little by little the NFL is treating the fans like we are their bitches that happily bow and give our money.

That's been going on for a long time

MadtownPacker
09-25-2012, 08:29 PM
That's been going on for a long time
Yes and we are the fucking enablers but in the last few years it has gotten crazy with ESPN MNF and these fucked up Thursday NFL Network games.

We all just need to watch the games on some streaming site try to fuck over the NFL without kicking our addiction.

George Cumby
09-25-2012, 09:07 PM
Yes and we are the fucking enablers but in the last few years it has gotten crazy with ESPN MNF and these fucked up Thursday NFL Network games.

We all just need to watch the games on some streaming site try to fuck over the NFL without kicking our addiction.

This is what I do. Fuck cable. Fuck Dish. Fuck Direct TV. Fuck the NFL. Fuck em all and their billions.

Little Whiskey
09-26-2012, 09:14 PM
This is what I do. Fuck cable. Fuck Dish. Fuck Direct TV. Fuck the NFL. Fuck em all and their billions.

+1 and rep'd

Freak Out
09-26-2012, 09:28 PM
I have never had SAT TV and have not had cable in years. I watch it on network TV, EU Streaming sites or go across the street to a friends. I do have SAT radio in the car free for a year now....includes all NFL games. :)

ThunderDan
09-26-2012, 11:15 PM

Sad but true statement.

MadScientist
09-27-2012, 01:17 AM
The NFL did issue a real response this week - they got off their fat arrogant asses and actually negotiated a deal with the refs. Pity it had to cost the Packers a game to get the NFL to the table.

Bossman641
09-27-2012, 01:19 PM
Goodell speaks....

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/46981/roger-goodell-thats-the-beauty-of-sports

During a conference call to discuss the league's labor agreement with its regular officials, Goodell offered measured sympathy for the mistakes that contributed to the Packers' defeat. He classified them in the broader sense of the league's history of officiating blunders -- although he offered no caveat that Monday night's officials were far less qualified than those who contributed to previous mistakes -- and suggested that subsequent outrage over the ending represented "the beauty of sports and the beauty of officiating."

Thursday, Goodell said he hadn't viewed the play with the league's officiating department because he has been in negotiations all week. He said "I'll stand by" the league's statement.

Standing by a decision not to address a primary question isn't good enough for the commissioner of the NFL. Fortunately, he was asked a follow-up: How could you look at that play and not see it as an interception? Goodell's answer is one that might satisfy a board room but certainly won't resonate well in the locker room or a sports bar.

"You obviously have a very strong view about what you think the call was," he told the reporter. "… That's the beauty of sports and the beauty of officiating. There are controversial calls and people see them differently. I understand that. That's the beauty of sports."

It's only beautiful, I suppose, if you're not the Packers. Asked directly about the impact the play could have on the Packers' playoff hopes, Goodell said: "I understand the frustration."

sharpe1027
09-27-2012, 01:38 PM
There are controversial calls, and then there are wrong calls. This was not much of a controversial call, it was just wrong.

Little Whiskey
09-27-2012, 04:15 PM
Goodell has lost all respect around the league. I wouldn't be surprised if he is replaced soon.

Smidgeon
09-27-2012, 05:11 PM
Goodell has lost all respect around the league. I wouldn't be surprised if he is replaced soon.

Not sure. He took the heat the owners should have taken. Would they cast him aside for protecting them so well?

mraynrand
09-27-2012, 05:15 PM
Not sure. He took the heat the owners should have taken. Would they cast him aside for protecting them so well?

exactly. He's approaching Bud Selig territory.

sharpe1027
09-27-2012, 05:49 PM
exactly. He's approaching Bud Selig territory.

David Stern says hello.

Pugger
09-27-2012, 07:24 PM
I totally agree. I was at least glad to see the acknowledgement that there should have been offensive pass interference. And I'm still royally p****d off. But allow me to play devil's advocate: I can't think of a single case in the NFL where the outcome of the game was reversed by the league office. In fact, the only thing I can think of (other than things like forfeiting games won, as Penn State had to do, for rules violations unrelated to play on the field) that even comes close is the Pine Tar baseball game between the Royals and Yankees, where they ordered a replay from the point of the disputed, reversed call on George Brett's home run. No league wants to be in a position where they've set a precedent that teams can expect to get losses overturned routinely. If they said yes to the Packers in this case--and I wish as a Packers diehard they had--they'd get pressure to overrule in every game ending in a controversial call based on this precedent. The NFL has done a bunch of things wrong here, but I can see why they wouldn't want to open that box.

I never expected the league to say "oops, GB wins instead" but they could have said is that last play should have been ruled an INT and not a TD. But to hell with it. Whats done is done. I say we should take out our frustrations on a reeling Saints team with an atrocious defense that could be just what the doctor ordered to get our offense back on track.

George Cumby
09-27-2012, 10:15 PM

I hope so.

Little Whiskey
09-28-2012, 06:51 AM
The owners may want a scape goat and the public may ask for blood. The players already distrust him.

.........or things just turn rosey and everyone goes on like before and turn a blind eye to this whole event.

mmmdk
09-28-2012, 11:49 AM

How? Make it happen!

mraynrand
09-28-2012, 01:02 PM

The time is right for Condi Rice

mmmdk
09-28-2012, 07:06 PM

Would she? I'd be fine with it...and why doesn't she run for president?

Joemailman
09-28-2012, 07:17 PM

She's not a Cowboys or Bears fan, so I'd be okay with it.

http://www.adweek.com/files/imagecache/node-blog/blogs/nfl_condoleezza_rice.jpg

mraynrand
09-28-2012, 08:40 PM
Would she? I'd be fine with it...and why doesn't she run for president?

The time isn't right. But she's always wanted to be the commish. Make it happen, I say.

pbmax
09-29-2012, 10:13 AM
How is she a Browns fan? And how did I not know this?