PDA

View Full Version : Browner Cheap Shot Lost In the Noise

sharpe1027
09-25-2012, 01:10 PM
A shot on par with Sapp's hit on Clifton, which put him out for a year. Almost no press on it. Is this because of the phantom touchdown, or am I the only one that thinks he could have been tossed from the game and should get at least a fine?

ThunderDan
09-25-2012, 01:12 PM
I called for 50K and a 1 game suspension in the game day thread.

denverYooper
09-25-2012, 01:14 PM
Browner's known for playing dirty, but that was beyond ridiculous. Shove + bodyslam.

mraynrand
09-25-2012, 01:55 PM
Offsetting penalties! Good Call! It's like there were no officials on the field watching what was happening to the #1 receiver of the Packers DURING the play. That couldn't possibly happen, could it? What were they doing during the play, texting?

sharpe1027
09-25-2012, 02:01 PM
It seemed like on half the replays you could see a Packer WR getting grabbed and sometimes shoved to the ground. The 5 yard contact rule is dead.

Freak Out
09-25-2012, 02:13 PM
Browner is a complete tool...just like his Head Coach. These guys are going to take advantage of EVERYTHING they can.

George Cumby
09-25-2012, 02:32 PM
That shit was unfucking real.

Pete Carroll always was always questionable in my mind, but he is now a DOUCHEBAG PAR EXCELLENCE.

Brandon494
09-25-2012, 03:40 PM
^ Exactly what did Carroll do?

Zool
09-25-2012, 03:57 PM
^ Exactly what did Carroll do?

Paid players at USC then took the money and ran when the sanctions were coming down.

Brandon494
09-25-2012, 04:00 PM
^ I meant towards last nights game. I could care less that players at USC got paid because they made that University millions.

Zool
09-25-2012, 04:03 PM
^ I meant towards last nights game. I could care less that players at USC got paid because they made that University millions.

Gloated like the ass-clown he is after the game. It's almost hard to not hate him.

Brandon494
09-25-2012, 04:06 PM
^ To his credit he did not see the replay and was just reacting to his team winning on a hail marry pass. Now Golden Tate on the other hand is a ass clown for saying "I don't know what you're talking about" when asked the question did he push off.

Freak Out
09-25-2012, 04:56 PM
This morning Carroll was still playing the same sad line. The NFL is not going to reverse the outcome...admit it for what it was and let it go. The same goes for the Packers players still venting about it. But please Pete...the nation knows what it saw.

sheepshead
09-25-2012, 05:11 PM
Browner is a complete tool...just like his Head Coach. These guys are going to take advantage of EVERYTHING they can.

I was thinking the same thing and wondering if any of our receivers would have shoved a defender like Tate did? I can't think of one(maybe Finley)

MadtownPacker
09-25-2012, 08:27 PM
Gloated like the ass-clown he is after the game. It's almost hard to not hate him.
Beat me down. bitch ass carroll had me mistaking him for harbaugh or schwartz with his bullshit behavior. We talk alot of shit about M3 but he has never lacked class.

wootah
09-26-2012, 12:55 AM
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/article/media_slots/photos/000/556/162/JenningsBrowner_original.gif

Noodle
09-26-2012, 01:19 AM
Beat me down. bitch ass carroll had me mistaking him for harbaugh or schwartz with his bullshit behavior. We talk alot of shit about M3 but he has never lacked class.

Madtown speaks truth. M3 has been absolutely awesome in the way he's dealt with this, from getting his guys to go back out and finish the game (the Pack respects the Shield, even if the owners and commish don't), to his press conference, M3 has just been money.

Of course, I'd have liked him to run the friggin rock in the first half a little, but that's another issue.

Kiwon
09-26-2012, 01:23 AM
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/article/media_slots/photos/000/556/162/JenningsBrowner_original.gif

Was it a cheap shot? Yes, but I don't think you can compare this one to Sapp's hit on Clifton. Not even close. Jennings knew Browner was there but he didn't expect to get hit.

On the other hand, Sapp DID blindside Clifton and hit him full force.

Worse for Jennings, after he took off after Browner, he got taken down and mounted in 2 seconds. That's akin to defeat in MMA.

Interesting, Jennings said Browner did apologize to him. Browner knew he got away with one. Dirty, yes, unnecessary, yes, but it's football. But better that than being stuck in a pile and having a guy trying to sever your achilles or rearrange your testicles.

Noodle
09-26-2012, 01:44 AM
Jennings needs to maintain better pad level when he retaliates, no question. WAY too high there.

I would love a press conference of the Commish where some guy has an iPad with GIFs of the Browner shot, the phantom roughing the passer, the phantom PI, the no call OPI, and the crap TD call, and have him comment on whether those calls all show respect for the Shield.

wist43
09-26-2012, 01:54 AM
Well, the Packers play the game like it is flag football.

Unfortunately, we play a wimpy brand of football, and when someone smacks us in the mouth we cry and whine about it. The Packer way.

You'd figure at some point they'd toughen up... but I doubt it. From TT on down, the organization has a finesse mentality. This is going to be the MO moving forward now - the Packers are soft, and everyone knows it.

Freak Out
09-26-2012, 06:42 AM
Lol.

sharpe1027
09-26-2012, 07:24 AM
Was it a cheap shot? Yes, but I don't think you can compare this one to Sapp's hit on Clifton. Not even close. Jennings knew Browner was there but he didn't expect to get hit.

On the other hand, Sapp DID blindside Clifton and hit him full force.

Worse for Jennings, after he took off after Browner, he got taken down and mounted in 2 seconds. That's akin to defeat in MMA.

Interesting, Jennings said Browner did apologize to him. Browner knew he got away with one. Dirty, yes, unnecessary, yes, but it's football. But better that than being stuck in a pile and having a guy trying to sever your achilles or rearrange your testicles.

I fail to see the import of your distinction. Both Jennings and cliffy got decleated when not expecting a hit. either could have been a serious injury. One was. If anything, Sapps was closer to the actual play at the time and more legitimate. The biggest difference was probably the size of the players involved. That being said a WR getting hit like that is like me leveling you while you are strolling down the street minding your own business. Your body is completely unprepared.

sharpe1027
09-26-2012, 07:26 AM

Unfortunately, we play a wimpy brand of football, and when someone smacks us in the mouth we cry and whine about it. The Packer way.

You'd figure at some point they'd toughen up... but I doubt it. From TT on down, the organization has a finesse mentality. This is going to be the MO moving forward now - the Packers are soft, and everyone knows it.

Welcome to the NFL. It is a finese league.

wootah
09-26-2012, 07:33 AM
You'd figure at some point they'd toughen up... but I doubt it. From TT on down, the organization has a finesse mentality.

Hahaha. I really have to laugh with that part. TT was a 10 year NFL LB & ST'er, Wist.

We can't all be mean & tough chemists like you are. I bet you're a rebel out there, sometimes not even wearing your protective goggles and all. Eye of the tiger!

mraynrand
09-26-2012, 08:06 AM
Dirty, yes, unnecessary, yes, but it's football. But better that than being stuck in a pile and having a guy trying to sever your achilles or rearrange your testicles.

Or untie your shoes.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110118003217/packers/images/b/b2/Evan_Dietrich-Smith.jpg

mraynrand
09-26-2012, 08:08 AM

Didn't watch the second half, eh?

Kiwon
09-26-2012, 10:01 AM
I fail to see the import of your distinction. Both Jennings and cliffy got decleated when not expecting a hit. either could have been a serious injury. One was. If anything, Sapps was closer to the actual play at the time and more legitimate. The biggest difference was probably the size of the players involved. That being said a WR getting hit like that is like me leveling you while you are strolling down the street minding your own business. Your body is completely unprepared.

Post the video of Sapp's hit and you'll see that they were very different.

sharpe1027
09-26-2012, 10:12 AM
Post the video of Sapp's hit and you'll see that they were very different.

Cliffy's was a more violent collision because 1) Cliffy was running straight at Sapp, while Jennings was running perpendicular and 2) the mass of the players. That doesn't change the fact that Jennings was further removed from the play and that he was totally unprepared for any hit.

I guess I just don't see why you are even trying to argue that Jennings hit was less egregious. It was a cheap shot that could easily result in an injury. I don't really care which is worse.

mmmdk
09-26-2012, 10:17 AM
Didn't watch the second half, eh?

Of flag football?

mraynrand
09-26-2012, 10:44 AM
Of flag football?

what are you talking about?

mmmdk
09-26-2012, 12:12 PM
what are you talking about?

It's a joke! Here's another joke:

You're really going to go to Heaven.

mraynrand
09-26-2012, 01:27 PM
It's a joke! Here's another joke:

You're really going to go to Heaven.

Matt 7:21

Fritz
09-26-2012, 01:48 PM

Yes, that was one wimp-ass team that won the Super Bowl. And since then, only wimpier. Ted must grade the wimpy ones higher. And how wimpy was that defense on Monday night! Pussies!