PDA

View Full Version : Predict the Fines / Suspensions

packers11
09-25-2012, 01:52 PM
Everyone knows power trip Goodell is sitting back and watching every single quote by any packer player... Mine as well have some predictions!

Rodgers : 50k - His post game comments.

Lang : 100k 1 game suspension - Telling his Boss to F himself (NFL).

Sitton: 100k - Going on Jim Rome and blasting the officials and asking for an apology.

MM : 20k - Not keeping his players out on the field? Not sure. They will get him somehow.

Out of organization:

Brees : 50k . Telling Goodell he is detrimental to the game.

I know i'm missing a few more. Add on and predict!

Next week's game should be the Goodell Bowl...

Guiness
09-25-2012, 01:58 PM
Lang's tweets were pretty bad - 100K though? Has anyone ever been fined that much?

ThunderDan
09-25-2012, 01:58 PM
I am guessing $500,000 + total for all fines and penalties relating to this game. If someone wants the under we can come up with a wager.:satan:

ThunderDan
09-25-2012, 02:00 PM
I am guessing $500,000 + total for all fines and penalties relating to this game. If someone wants the under we can come up with a wager.:satan:

That way they are 1/6th of the way to the comp needed to meet the refs demands.

Patler
09-25-2012, 02:07 PM
Everyone knows power trip Goodell is sitting back and watching every single quote by any packer player... Mine as well have some predictions!

Sitton: 100k - Going on Jim Rome and blasting the officials and asking for an apology.

MM : 20k - Not keeping his players out on the field? Not sure. They will get him somehow.

Out of organization:

If Goodell does that, he is risking an NFLPA walk out over unsafe working conditions or some other excuse they will conger up.

I don't see any suspensions coming from what has been said so far.

Freak Out
09-25-2012, 02:17 PM
I'm not sure there will be fines/suspensions for any comments but there might be for some of the on field activities like Browner's blindside shot and such. Can the NFL even keep track of all the trash being thrown out there by players, coaches, etc?

mmmdk
09-25-2012, 02:19 PM
Lang's tweets were pretty bad - 100K though? Has anyone ever been fined that much?

Goodell's gotta go through me to get to TJ; tweet away!

mraynrand
09-25-2012, 02:19 PM
Can Golden Tate and Pete Carroll be fined, just for being tools?

mmmdk
09-25-2012, 02:23 PM

They're LIARS.

Smidgeon
09-25-2012, 02:24 PM
What did Rodgers say? I haven't found anything written besides saying the officiating was "awful".

denverYooper
09-25-2012, 02:29 PM
What did Rodgers say? I haven't found anything written besides saying the officiating was "awful".

You should be able to go to ESPNMilwaukee soon and get the archived version of his "Tuesdays with Aaron" show. He spent the first 10-15 minutes ranting about it. Calling it BS, etc.

George Cumby
09-25-2012, 02:37 PM

Karma, my friend, Karma.

Smidgeon
09-25-2012, 02:51 PM

Found it:
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/171216511.html

Tony Oday
09-25-2012, 02:52 PM
I will send a c note to help pay those fines...hell already paid for stock twice :)

Joemailman
09-25-2012, 05:26 PM
NFL has put themselves in a tough situation here. On one hand, if guys like T.J. Lang can say the things he said without a fine, players will feel emboldened to continue to berate the league publicly. On the other hand, fining the players just creates more publicity for a subject the NFL wishes would just go away.

denverYooper
09-25-2012, 05:34 PM
NFL has put themselves in a tough situation here. On one hand, if guys like T.J. Lang can say the things he said without a fine, players will feel emboldened to continue to berate the league publicly. On the other hand, fining the players just creates more publicity for a subject the NFL wishes would just go away.

It'll be interesting to see how they handle it but I'd be surprised if they actually do much. If they start coming down on players for being honest while at the same time letting the sham refs go on it would border on Kremlinesque. If that were to happen they risk the players developing a separate faction of discontent and taking fans with them. It's not like only Packers players were commenting on the play. I have not seen this kind of unanimity of response ever in the NFL. They might hand out some token fines but that's about it.

Guiness
09-25-2012, 05:57 PM
It'll be interesting to see how they handle it but I'd be surprised if they actually do much. If they start coming down on players for being honest while at the same time letting the sham refs go on it would border on Kremlinesque. If that were to happen they risk the players developing a separate faction of discontent and taking fans with them. It's not like only Packers players were commenting on the play. I have not seen this kind of unanimity of response ever in the NFL. They might hand out some token fines but that's about it.

Have you seen the response from NBA players? They've been very vocal about it, I had no idea so many of them were NFL fans. And if anyone knows about bad officiating, it would be them!

mraynrand
09-25-2012, 08:25 PM
"I would have ruled it an interception. Then filed a restraining order."

http://www.fantasysmacktalk.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/FST_Post_Ed_Hochuli.jpg

denverYooper
09-25-2012, 09:23 PM
"I would have ruled it an interception. Then filed a restraining order."

http://www.fantasysmacktalk.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/FST_Post_Ed_Hochuli.jpg

Eddie Guns woudn't be afraid of those latte-drinking, converse-wearing, green-haired posers at CenturyLink field.

Kiwon
09-25-2012, 11:22 PM

Out of organization:

I don't know about the amounts but Lang probably will be fined because he invited the NFL to fine to him. They will likely oblige.

However, the NFL has to very, very careful with their reaction. Twitter and other IM/SMS incarnations are here to stay and whatever precedent they set will be far-reaching. Yes, players are employees but they also have free speech rights too. It will be extraordinarily difficult to craft a policy that is adequate and fair and can be consistently applied.

With the concussion lawsuit progressing, reversals in the "Bounty-gate" saga, and now the labor probems with the refs, NFL, inc. is under more scrutiny than ever before. They can't afford many more missteps before the brand is seriously damaged.

Rutnstrut
09-26-2012, 08:58 AM
Per NFL.com none of the Packers to be fined for their Twitter comments. I would also be surprised to see any fines for interview comments. That tells me that Goodell is in a way admitting the Packers got hosed.

denverYooper
09-26-2012, 09:19 AM
Per NFL.com none of the Packers to be fined for their Twitter comments. I would also be surprised to see any fines for interview comments. That tells me that Goodell is in a way admitting the Packers got hosed.

Pretty much my take. Maybe a token fine and a blanket statement but that's it.

denverYooper
09-26-2012, 09:44 AM
https://twitter.com/RobDemovsky/status/250967179577671682

"NFL spokesman Greg Aiello says #Packers players won't be fined for comments re: Monday night's game. Aiello: "We are not looking at that.""

Kiwon
09-26-2012, 09:50 AM
Smart call by the league because most fans agree with the players. The NFL is too busy putting out other fires at this point to sweat players' justifiable criticism.

But, if it keeps up, the NFL will have no other choice but to come down hard on somebody just to make a statement. It's probably unfair to do, but they'll do it until something of a firm policy is in place.

mmmdk
09-26-2012, 09:51 AM
https://twitter.com/RobDemovsky/status/250967179577671682

"NFL spokesman Greg Aiello says #Packers players won't be fined for comments re: Monday night's game. Aiello: "We are not looking at that.""

The very definition of a "reach-around".