PDA

View Full Version : Player safety

GrnBay007
09-26-2012, 01:24 AM
I tried to read everything that was posted since the atrocities of last night's game but may have missed if this was discussed.

If I'm a family member of an NFL player right now I would be so worried about the safety of the players. Of course it is a rough and tough, "violent" sport, but add to it a lot of anger, resentment and the regular old testosterone and it could be a recipe for disaster.

How many cheap shots are going to be taken now after the refs have been proven (on multiple occasions) to be inept? Scary! I wonder if Mr. Goodell has taken this in to consideration.

Noodle
09-26-2012, 01:48 AM
There is not near enough commentary and outrage on this point.

The owners and Goodell are basically telling the players to risk their bodies so that they can save themselves a few bucks.

When oh when will people stop siding with the owners in these labor disputes? This is not just Goodell, it's all the 31 owners (and our guy) pushing this agenda. And it's an agenda that says player safety is something we talk about to avoid law suits, but we won't do anything that might keep us from making a few more coins.

wist43
09-26-2012, 02:00 AM
The owners don't care about safety or the well being of the players - look how they responded when all of the former players started dying off b/c of brain issues.

The owners would choke a homeless man for nickel - and Goodell is just their front man. Everyone wants to hang Goodell - and well he should be hung, but Goodell is just an extension of the owners. They're filthy rich animals for a reason - the step on people, and then tell them they owe them money for the privalege.

It's who they are; it's how they're wired... they won't change.

mraynrand
09-26-2012, 08:14 AM
Robert Kraft still loves Danny Woodcock

Rutnstrut
09-26-2012, 09:02 AM
I said it in the Seachicken gameday thread, the NFL will push it until a player get's seriously injured. The players are going to naturally push the limits with these part time refs, someone will push to far and hurt someone.

mmmdk
09-26-2012, 09:38 AM
Good thread!

There will be blood.