PDA

View Full Version : Lynch: NFL Duped Fox into going easy on Replacements.

denverYooper
09-26-2012, 09:37 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/26/john-lynch-says-nfl-duped-fox-into-going-easy-on-replacements/

Per Lynch, the NFL called FOX before the season started and said, ‘We’re close to a deal, so take it easy on these guys.”

Lynch also complained about the folks who aren’t getting nearly enough blame for this situation — the people who own the teams. “The other night I went to bed angry,” Lynch said. “It just speaks to the arrogance of the owners.”

The article also indicates that at some point, there might be incentive for the TV networks to exert some pressure on the NFL:

While some will wonder whether the league office will play the Playmakers card on FOX in response to Lynch’s remarks, the truth is that all major network deals extend into the next decade. Besides, at some point the networks have every right and reason to complain about paying billions for a product that is undermined by bargain-basement officiating.

Kiwon
09-26-2012, 09:56 AM
There is no excuse for putting someone on the field like the official who made the TD call with the level of experience and training that he has.

It does boggle the mind.

mmmdk
09-26-2012, 10:19 AM
The innocence of Roger Goodell.

mraynrand
09-26-2012, 10:41 AM
Besides, at some point the networks have every right and reason to complain about paying billions for a product that is undermined by bargain-basement officiating.

I suppose they'll complain, but only if the product is actually undermined. There is no indication of that whatsoever. In fact, the controversy will likely boost ratings. You have the President weighing in on it, for crissakes. Bad attention works too. Let me know when people actually stop watching or advertisers pull the plug. My prediction: It ain't gonna happen. Sound and Fury