PDA

View Full Version : Packer Cheerleaders

CaliforniaCheez
08-20-2006, 04:28 PM
I heard the Packers do not have employees as cheerleaders but have used UW cheerleaders. What is the status of the Cheerleaders and who were the one cheering yesterday at the Falcons game?

digitaldean
08-20-2006, 07:52 PM
I heard the Packers do not have employees as cheerleaders but have used UW cheerleaders. What is the status of the Cheerleaders and who were the one cheering yesterday at the Falcons game?

Normally, the Packers use UWGB or St. Norbert College (from nearby DePere) cheerleaders for their games.

They did away with employed cheerleaders in the 80's.

CaliforniaCheez
08-20-2006, 08:17 PM
UWGB maybe or St Norbert's of course.

But UWGB does not have a football team and thus no cheerleaders.

St. Norberts does but I have not located a web page there for the cheerleaders.

Perhaps I'm unique in that the cheerleaders caught my attention.
I can't find no information on them.

digitaldean
08-20-2006, 08:22 PM
UWGB maybe or St Norbert's of course.

But UWGB does not have a football team and thus no cheerleaders.

St. Norberts does but I have not located a web page there for the cheerleaders.

Perhaps I'm unique in that the cheerleaders caught my attention.
I can't find no information on them.

UWGB's cheerleaders (basketball) have been used periodically, but not as often as St. Norbert's.

But I'd rather have them employ cheerleaders anyway.

chewy-bacca
08-20-2006, 08:47 PM
thats one of the things I pick on my friends about. If we go to another teams website (that they are a fan of) its hard to find info. with out triping on a bunch of chearleading crap. Im like "see thats the problem, they dont care about football!" We keep it real. :lol:

FavreChild
08-20-2006, 09:49 PM
We keep it real. :lol:

yep.

And that's not gonna change.

I believe St. Norbert's and UWGB rotate in terms of supplying cheerleaders for the games. You guys should know more than me. (Although I think they do have male cheerleaders at UWGB, but who cares when there is so much EC on the field?)

CaliforniaCheez
08-20-2006, 10:20 PM
I think they do have male cheerleaders at UWGB

So it was the St. Norbert crew at the Falcons game.

They did a good job and were genuinely cheerful.

NewsBruin
08-20-2006, 11:08 PM
It's one thing that I like about the Pack: We don't have a minor-league stripper team on the field. If other teams go for it, fine. We just seem that much classier for skipping it.

packrulz
08-21-2006, 06:42 AM
During the 70's when Bart Starr was coach they did have real hired cheerleaders and they were hot, I was lucky enough to be following them down the concourse. :shock: But, half the season it's just too cold for them to show much skin.

vince
08-21-2006, 09:10 AM
I'm all for attractive, athletic, professional cheerleaders. They just add to the festivity of the football event and get the crowd's energy up that much more...

Bubba "hotdog&quot
08-21-2006, 09:12 AM
It's one thing that I like about the Pack: We don't have a minor-league stripper team on the field. If other teams go for it, fine. We just seem that much classier for skipping it.

I agree, , its about the football! Also, Packer Fans seem to make it more of a family event then other teams, , I dont need my 3 yr olds looking at half naked chicks most of the game. :shock:

CaliforniaCheez
08-21-2006, 09:31 AM
Some are misinterpreting what I intend.

I do not like the fake stripper type cheerleaders that classless franchises like the Raiders employ.

I like young enthusiastic volunteering women with genuine smiles on their faces. They add fun.

I do not like peroxide, silicon, and collagen.
They subtract money.

Bubba "hotdog&quot
08-21-2006, 09:47 AM
no, i gottacha, , I was just commenting on what NewsBruin was sayin.
I think we are all agreeing, cheerleaders are fine but we dont need strippers.
:D

test
08-21-2006, 11:50 AM
We don't have a minor-league stripper team on the field.

Yes and we need some pros out there.

jack's smirking revenge
08-21-2006, 12:48 PM
I'm in full agreement that we need cheerleaders. They can border on strippers. That's fine with me. Good looking cheerleaders generate buzz and additional team interest. Heck, I justed received the latest Maxim (I think...either that or Stuff or FHM) and it had a Pro Football preview of NFL cheerleaders. I've fallen in love with a beautiful Dolphins cheerleader named Lily. Sadly, I can't find out more about her on the Dolphins website so I can apporpriately stalk her, but I'm working on it. :D

GB needs cheerleaders. If the Bills and Pats and Bears can have cheerleaders, there's no reason we can't have a squad. To me, its just sad. A Packer marketing opportunity continuously squandered...

SEX SELLS!

tyler

Scott Campbell
08-21-2006, 01:13 PM
Perfect for pole dancing????

http://www.prokicker.com/catalog/images/Goal%20Post%20for%20web.JPG

woodbuck27
08-21-2006, 02:11 PM

http://www.prokicker.com/catalog/images/Goal%20Post%20for%20web.JPG

Wondering . . if TED cares? :mrgreen:

Packnut
08-21-2006, 02:13 PM
I'm in full agreement that we need cheerleaders. They can border on strippers. That's fine with me. Good looking cheerleaders generate buzz and additional team interest. Heck, I justed received the latest Maxim (I think...either that or Stuff or FHM) and it had a Pro Football preview of NFL cheerleaders. I've fallen in love with a beautiful Dolphins cheerleader named Lily. Sadly, I can't find out more about her on the Dolphins website so I can apporpriately stalk her, but I'm working on it. :D

GB needs cheerleaders. If the Bills and Pats and Bears can have cheerleaders, there's no reason we can't have a squad. To me, its just sad. A Packer marketing opportunity continuously squandered...

SEX SELLS!

tyler

Yep, I totally agree. It's sad that we don't have them.

Tarlam!
08-21-2006, 02:39 PM

BOMNF!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: