PDA

View Full Version : Deal between NFL and NFLRA is at hand!

denverYooper
09-26-2012, 11:07 AM
@AdamSchefter

As @mortreport is reporting, an agreement between NFL and NFLRA is at hand and both sides will work to have officials working this weekend.

Freak Out
09-26-2012, 11:09 AM
Wow.....what could have brought this on?

sharpe1027
09-26-2012, 11:22 AM

The NFL's deep felt concern for the integrity of the game and the quality of the product they provide to the fans.

rbaloha1
09-26-2012, 11:36 AM
Yup.

It could happen this weekend if refs can pass a physical, rules test and fit into Nike uniforms.

mmmdk
09-26-2012, 11:52 AM
Yup.

It could happen this weekend if refs can pass a physical, rules test and fit into Nike uniforms.

They'll never pass the Klingon pain stick test; maybe never!

Badgerinmaine
09-26-2012, 12:20 PM
The story I saw said it would take a week--it's hard to imagine they'd have the regular refs ready for this weekend. http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8427652/locked-nfl-referees-return-early-week-sources (http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8427652/locked-nfl-referees-return-early-week-sources)

Harlan Huckleby
09-26-2012, 01:33 PM

Probably the bad call at the end of the Packer-Seattle game. A lot of people are talking about it.

Harlan Huckleby
09-26-2012, 01:36 PM
I can;t see how the refs can be ready to call tomorrow night's game. They have to use replacement refs for all games or none in a given week, or so I've heard.

I suppose if they can send a man to the moon, they can send 6 officials to Baltimore in a day.

channtheman
09-26-2012, 03:12 PM
I don't see why they can't use regular officials for the Sunday games, even if they use replacements on Thursday.... or at least the Packers get regulars and everyone else, including the Saints get replacements.

Rutnstrut
09-26-2012, 04:04 PM
Would this be happening had the replacements not cost someone a game? I think not, IMO the NFL was going to cheap out with the replacements until something went down that enough people bitched about.

sharpe1027
09-26-2012, 04:07 PM
Probably the bad call at the end of the Packer-Seattle game. A lot of people are talking about it.

It can't be that. The NFL thinks it was the correct call. ;)

Joemailman
09-26-2012, 04:08 PM
Damn. I think they should make the refs from Monday Night do the game at Lambeau Sunday. Instead of announcing the Packers starting lineup to the crowd, introduce the refs instead. Not that I'm bitter or anything.

Harlan Huckleby
09-26-2012, 04:24 PM
Damn. I think they should make the refs from Monday Night do the game at Lambeau Sunday. Instead of announcing the Packers starting lineup to the crowd, introduce the refs instead. Not that I'm bitter or anything.

What is the name of the ref that blew that call in the endzone. Oh that it was "Brown", so people could say, "Heck of a job, Brownie." Or at least his first name could be Tony, so he could be called "Touchdown Tony" the rest of his life.

Harlan Huckleby
09-26-2012, 04:27 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/nfl-replacement-referee-crew-awful-fired-bra-and-panty-lingerie-football-league-article-1.1168310

The guy is a banker. Does anybody know Bretsky's real name?

mraynrand
09-26-2012, 04:28 PM
I suppose if they can send a man to the moon, they can send 6 officials to Baltimore in a day.

Haven't you heard - we can't send a man to the moon anymore. Heckuva job, brownie.

denverYooper
09-26-2012, 04:45 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/nfl-replacement-referee-crew-awful-fired-bra-and-panty-lingerie-football-league-article-1.1168310

I don't know but if you go up to the Bishop's Castle in South Colorado and chat up old Jim, he'll tell you all about bankers.

GrnBay007
09-26-2012, 07:39 PM
I heard on our local radio station today they were close to reaching a deal. Funny thing is the announcer when on and on about how it is so funny they are close to a deal on Wednesday ...when they were so far away from a deal Monday afternoon. He admitted the game was very poorly called Monday......but added it couldn't have happened to a better team (Packers). Said he wondered if the game Monday was called the same but it was the Jags and Rams playing if the negotiations would be where they are today ..... "can't help thinking this happened to the DARLINGS of the NFL is what pushed this on".

LOL He called the Packers the DARLINGS of the NFL!

After about a 5 minutes speech he confessed he is a Viking fan. :)

Little Whiskey
09-26-2012, 08:45 PM
I heard on our local radio station today they were close to reaching a deal. Funny thing is the announcer when on and on about how it is so funny they are close to a deal on Wednesday ...when they were so far away from a deal Monday afternoon. He admitted the game was very poorly called Monday......but added it couldn't have happened to a better team (Packers). Said he wondered if the game Monday was called the same but it was the Jags and Rams playing if the negotiations would be where they are today ..... "can't help thinking this happened to the DARLINGS of the NFL is what pushed this on".

LOL He called the Packers the DARLINGS of the NFL!

After about a 5 minutes speech he confessed he is a Viking fan. :)

I kinda agree with this. If this happened to the Jags would it have put people over the top? The Ravins/Pats game was bad and didnt' push the needle over the edge. THe niners got 10 Timouts and didn't do anything. It happened to the Nation's Team that caused the uproar. similar to the yankees or redsox in Baseball.

MJZiggy
09-26-2012, 08:53 PM
It may also have to do with the fact that it happened on Monday Night instead of a 3:00 game. The whole football world was watching and the whole game was abysmal. The last call was the final pile of shit and the football world saw the product degraded before their eyes. They had no excuse and nowhere to hide from it.

Bretsky
09-26-2012, 08:55 PM

Bretsky is VERY happy with the new deal:mrgreen:

mraynrand
09-26-2012, 08:57 PM
This isn't rocket surgery - Everyone knows that the refs cost the Packers the game. Everyone knows that the Packers WON the game, except that the refs gave it to Seattle, and the piece of shit NFL office backed them up. That's why everyone is up in arms - even most Bears and Vikings fans - because they know if changes aren't made, they will be next.

Joemailman
09-26-2012, 08:58 PM
It may also have to do with the fact that it happened on Monday Night instead of a 3:00 game. The whole football world was watching and the whole game was abysmal. The last call was the final pile of shit and the football world saw the product degraded before their eyes. They had no excuse and nowhere to hide from it.

I think it was a snowball effect. People were already up in arms over what had happened in the other games, and the Packer game just added fuel to the fire. On the last play of the game, they literally took the win from the Packers and handed it to Seattle. That was the last straw.

mraynrand
09-26-2012, 09:00 PM
OK, that's the last straw

http://inspired.tangraminteriors.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/milton-office-space1.jpg