PDA

View Full Version : So what's up with House?

Guiness
09-30-2012, 04:03 PM
Is House still rehabing the dislocated shoulder, or is there something else wrong?

As I've mentioned in other threads, I'm more than a little worried we're never going to see him on the field. He's supposed to be very physical, I wonder if his body is not going to tolerate the NFL, like Sanders but sooner.

pbmax
09-30-2012, 04:44 PM
Not sure. I think as Justin suggested, as long as the healthy guys can play and not need to be bailed out, he gets to rehab.

But not sure when the timetable is. If they new it would be half the season to be fully healthy, why not IR him designated to return? Must mean he needs more time.

Guiness
09-30-2012, 05:54 PM
That's what you do for a vet, like if Woodson was injured.

We still don't even know if House can play in the NFL.

Brandon494
09-30-2012, 06:42 PM
Pretty sure House can play in the NFL, no need to rush him back when we have plenty of depth at CB right now.

Guiness
09-30-2012, 07:05 PM
Pretty sure House can play in the NFL, no need to rush him back when we have plenty of depth at CB right now.

Ya, I seem to be alone in being concerned about his capability or ability to play. Just getting tired of waiting, want to see him play already!

Lurker64
09-30-2012, 08:20 PM
7 guys have to sit, and for the most part (at least before today) Shields and Hayward played well enough that you didn't need to activate House.

cheesner
09-30-2012, 08:28 PM
Problem with his injury is range of motion, from what i understand. He won't be nearly as effective if he were to play right now.

rbaloha1
10-01-2012, 01:34 PM
House is the eventual starter. Fortunately SS and Heyward are playing well minus the communication breakdowns.

smuggler
10-04-2012, 04:49 PM
Shields is a nice man-cover corner. Heyward is a nice zone corner. Hopefully house can be both.

Pugger
10-04-2012, 06:22 PM
I'm glad we have some guys playing well enough so House can get have more time to heal before we throw him out there.

Teamcheez1
10-06-2012, 08:23 PM
I'm glad we have some guys playing well enough so House can get have more time to heal before we throw him out there.

Another week goes by and no House. 10 weeks of healing and 5 games into the season. Not really sure what the end goal is here.

pbmax
10-06-2012, 08:26 PM
Another week goes by and no House. 10 weeks of healing and 5 games into the season. Not really sure what the end goal is here.

3 more weeks and they could have put him on IR-DTR. Though perhaps he could not practice then.

mraynrand
10-06-2012, 08:30 PM

healing...sexual healing

Lurker64
10-06-2012, 09:57 PM
3 more weeks and they could have put him on IR-DTR. Though perhaps he could not practice then.

It would also preclude them from using that designation on another player who is injured. I think the IR-DTR should be saved for someone who is hurt that is important to get back late, and not used at the earliest opportunity.

pbmax
10-07-2012, 09:19 AM
From Demovsky at the GBPG on whether injury or replacements are keeping House off the field:

“It’s a little bit of both, but that’s more of it,” cornerbacks coach Joe Whitt said. “Sam, up until that play (the 80-yard touchdown by Joseph Morgan in last Sunday’s game against the Saints), hadn’t given up a completion, and Casey each week has gotten better and better. So the level of competition in the room has risen. If you’re going to get on the field, your play has to come with it, and I think Davon is up to the challenge.”

Rob Demovsky ‏@RobDemovsky
New blog post: Packers sticking with Shields, Hayward http://pck.rs/VMhMob #Packers