PDA

View Full Version : Colts

hoosier
10-02-2012, 11:03 AM
They are coming off their bye week and their new head coach, Chuck Pagano, just got diagnosed with leukemia. While the Colts have a severe talent deficit, it will be interesting to see how they come out against the Packers. Although the Packers are 7.5 pt favorites, it would not surprise me to see Indy play over their heads and threaten an upset against GB.

mmmdk
10-02-2012, 11:09 AM
Is Luck on our side?

Fritz
10-02-2012, 12:03 PM
How has Luck played?

how's their defense so far? Anybody seen them play yet?

mmmdk
10-02-2012, 12:16 PM
How has Luck played?

how's their defense so far? Anybody seen them play yet?

Luck has played Packers a few tricks this season. Lucks defense is just being fortunate. I think they look like this:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/0b/Leprechaun_ill_artlibre_jnl.png/338px-Leprechaun_ill_artlibre_jnl.png

mraynrand
10-02-2012, 12:47 PM
I saw Luck play Chicago and MN. he looked pretty efficient and reasonably accurate. I don't know that his arm is really strong, and I don't think they have much in the way of play action; Brown seems pretty pedestrian. Freeney twisted an ankle against Chicago - "High ankle sprain", I believe and hasn't played since.

Brandon494
10-02-2012, 12:56 PM
We crush them IMO.

hoosier
10-02-2012, 01:10 PM
Luck looks like he will be good but so far he has played like a typical rookie, throwing interceptions and not moving the ball very efficiently (completes barely over 50% of passes). Aside from Wayne the skill position players are awful. And without Freeney, Angerer and Vontae Davis, the defense is a mess. But if the Packers let up, we might see a repeat of 1997 when they lost to a previously winless Colts team.

Bossman641
10-02-2012, 01:33 PM
Really hoping for a blowout to get the team confident and rolling. And my heart and blood pressure could use a break as well.

Joemailman
10-02-2012, 03:54 PM
Colts have Luck. Packers haven't had much luck so far. Packers will prove it's better to be good than Lucky.

mmmdk
10-02-2012, 04:59 PM
Colts have Luck. Packers haven't had much luck so far. Packers will prove it's better to be good than Lucky.

We have a winner! :tup:

pittstang5
10-02-2012, 07:27 PM
Really hoping for a blowout to get the team confident and rolling. And my heart and blood pressure could use a break as well.

Here, here!

Bretsky
10-02-2012, 07:52 PM
I've watched a lot of Colt games and am a big fan of the Lucky Dog
They are dangerous; their offense plays very well and could dice our secondary
I think GB will win but it would not entirely surprise me if we lost with the way we are playing lately

Lurker64
10-02-2012, 08:40 PM
If the Green Bay offense shows up, the game is no contest. That Colts defense is held together with chewing gum and old string.

The Colts offense is above average, however, though they struggle to pass protect.

Bretsky
10-02-2012, 09:23 PM
If the Green Bay offense shows up, the game is no contest. That Colts defense is held together with chewing gum and old string.

The Colts offense is above average, however, though they struggle to pass protect.

If the Green Bay Offense shows up, they'd be undefeated right now

red
10-02-2012, 09:26 PM
Is Luck on our side?

luck might be, but the refs won't be

MadtownPacker
10-03-2012, 04:45 PM
Dome = return of high-powered offense.

Sad but true.

George Cumby
10-03-2012, 07:17 PM
Pack rolls.

37-16

rbaloha1
10-03-2012, 08:57 PM
Classic trap game.

Just hope "Win One for the Gipper" speech fails.

KYPack
10-03-2012, 09:33 PM
Dome = return of high-powered offense.

Sad but true.

I'm with ya, Fearless Leader.

But, I do have fear of the "cornered rat" factor.

A team like Indy is the kind of pro team that can nail ya with a big upset.

pbmax
10-03-2012, 09:48 PM

The Ghost of Paul Justin looms.

swede
10-03-2012, 11:02 PM

Lindy Infante and Tony Mandarich!

KYPack
10-04-2012, 07:25 AM
The Ghost of Paul Justin looms.

I attended that game. '98, I think the Colts were winless going into that ballgame.

Pugger
10-04-2012, 08:55 AM
KY, I thought the game we played in Indy when they were winless up until then was the year we won SB 31? :?:

KYPack
10-04-2012, 09:46 AM
KY, I thought the game we played in Indy when they were winless up until then was the year we won SB 31? :?:

It was '97. Ya made me look.

But it was the run up to SB32.

We should have known there was something wrong with that year.

I had the best seats at that game I've ever had for a football game. 15 rows up, right ON the freakin' 50. I was on one side of the 50, my partner was on the other.

On the way in, the people were very nice. All "go Pack, you'll win the SB again", etc etc.

On the way out they were yelling "We kicked your ass, Packers suck!" and shit like that.

We yelled "Ya weren't saying that shit before the game" & got out of that burg.

Fritz
10-04-2012, 01:00 PM
My stronger memory was when Peyton Manning came into Lambeau a few years back and sliced, diced, and made Julienne fries out of the Packers' defense. It was horrifying to watch. Manning was just having his way with that defense, like a gorilla with a fifteen year old virgin.

packers11
10-04-2012, 01:18 PM
My stronger memory was when Peyton Manning came into Lambeau a few years back and sliced, diced, and made Julienne fries out of the Packers' defense. It was horrifying to watch. Manning was just having his way with that defense, like a gorilla with a fifteen year old virgin.

I'm to lazy to look up some stats at the moment, but last time Manning came to Lambeau he had a bad day couple of INTS, one by Aaron Rouse to the house...

I think you are thinking of 2 games ago when it was in Indy... The shootout with Favre where the one turnover was a fumble by a receiver (I forget who it was) which ended up costing the packers the game.

K-town
10-04-2012, 01:24 PM
I'm to lazy to look up some stats at the moment, but last time Manning came to Lambeau he had a bad day couple of INTS, one by Aaron Rouse to the house...

I think you are thinking of 2 games ago when it was in Indy... The shootout with Favre where the one turnover was a fumble by a receiver (I forget who it was) which ended up costing the packers the game.

I think that was in 2004, the Indianapolis Shootout: 45 - 35 Colts, I believe . It was Javon Walker who fumbled as the Packers and Brett Farr were driving late in the 4th quarter. Indy scores a TD for the 10 point bulge, and Doug Pedersen (!) played the last series because No. 4 was gimpy. We drank a shot or beer for each TD scored. Needless to say, cab rides home for everyone that day.

hoosier
10-04-2012, 01:28 PM

Manning didn't do so great last time he played in Lambeau. Remember this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHpnnJK51t0

I think you mean that debacle in Indy back in 2004 when the Packers were experimenting with Slowick's bring-the-kitchen-sink defense and, after one good result against Carolina, teams started regularly putting up 500 yards and 40 points against them. Moral of that story: don't rely on the blitz when your coverage scheme includes Michael Hawthorne, Ahmad Carroll and Mark Roman!

mraynrand
10-04-2012, 01:33 PM
Manning didn't do so great last time he played in Lambeau. Remember this? ....

Hey, I was at that game. That was fun, and ended up being the high point of the year. Packers started in the Nickel and dared Indy to run.

That game in 2004 was a total track meet. Packers pretty much lost when Javon Walker fumbled late.

KYPack
10-04-2012, 03:17 PM
Hey, I was at that game. That was fun, and ended up being the high point of the year. Packers started in the Nickel and dared Indy to run.

That game in 2004 was a total track meet. Packers pretty much lost when Javon Walker fumbled late.

As per usual, I was there.

That 2004 game was a classic but a bummer.

The Gunslinger vs the Sherriff.

Peyton had 5 TD's in the first half.

Javon Walker looked like a baby superstar with 3 TD's. He had the best game of his career, but acted like a little girl after he was stripped, which cost us the game.

A "funny" moment was when I put the binocs on Slowik junking his whole scheme in mid game to try and keep up with those Colts. it was a little late for that shit, Bob.

I had some cool seat for that one. First row in the end zone, but second deck. I could see all the covers, routes, etc.

Post game, the Colt fans were real nice, showed some class. I told my pals I liked it better when the cussed us and acted like douche bags in '97 after that loss.

it was a tough loss, but one of the best Pro games I've ever seen.

Two HOF QB's going at it hammer and tongs.

A classic.

Zool
10-04-2012, 03:28 PM
I had some cool seat for that one. First row in the end zone, but second deck. I could see all the covers, routes, etc.

My favorite seat at any game. Love watching the plays develop from that angle.

Joemailman
10-04-2012, 04:06 PM
Jennings ruled out for Sunday. This is the right move.

mraynrand
10-04-2012, 05:08 PM
Post game, the Colt fans were real nice, showed some class. I told my pals I liked it better when the cussed us and acted like douche bags in '97 after that loss.

I was at that '97 game. I got punked. Showed up with a sign:

Count
On
Losing
This
Sunday

Some fat guy gave me the business at the end of the game, jawing how great the Colts were, tossing in Tony Mandarich crap too (remember 'ol "Appetite for Destruction" started for the Colts that day). I told him not to get too cold outside waiting in line for his playoff tickets. He made some unprintable remark and I started going up to his row. He STFU, but my wife and brother in law are trying to get me out of the stadium without incident. I've never gotten teed up like that, not even at Philly in '04. Idiots - I mean him AND me - just got under my skin. That was a lot of fun.

MadtownPacker
10-04-2012, 06:31 PM
I was on one side of the 50, my partner was on the other.Crazy how just 15 years ago you and him had to pretend you where just friends in public.

George Cumby
10-04-2012, 10:23 PM

Jesus. How did you get into my "Favorites"?

Fritz
10-05-2012, 10:39 AM
Jesus. How did you get into my "Favorites"?

Uh oh. You've been watching King Kong again, haven't you?

And by the way, I see the Pack is only a seven point favorite. That seems wrong, Packers' troubles this year notwithstanding.

smuggler
10-05-2012, 11:09 AM
It would be a good game to bet on, if betting on it didn't cost us the game. If I put money on it, we'd definitely lose.

Joemailman
10-07-2012, 11:10 AM
Pretty sure Mad will ban me if I start another Game Day Thread. Somebody's gotta do it.

pbmax
10-07-2012, 11:13 AM
Who started the Saints thread? Packers won, need to keep the streak?

Joemailman
10-07-2012, 11:15 AM
Who started the Saints thread? Packers won, need to keep the streak?

packer4life, but he/she is not online.

pbmax
10-07-2012, 11:16 AM
OK, we give them til 11:30 to get on up and running and then we bail on tradition. Did someone IM them?

Bretsky
10-07-2012, 05:59 PM
I've watched a lot of Colt games and am a big fan of the Lucky Dog
They are dangerous; their offense plays very well and could dice our secondary
I think GB will win but it would not entirely surprise me if we lost with the way we are playing lately

ouch..........I am not happy that the above occured

MadtownPacker
10-07-2012, 06:06 PM
There's a bounty on Packer4life.

mmmdk
10-07-2012, 07:54 PM
Let's talk mediocre kickers that CHOKES!

rbaloha1
10-07-2012, 08:07 PM
Quack Quack