PDA

View Full Version : Observations:

Dune
08-20-2006, 07:45 PM
Last year greenbay needed to upgrade their defense and since they could not do it by personnel they did it by hiring by hiring Jim Bates.
With 10 of same players that started the year before they improved considerably. They then had a great deal of injuries at the reciever position
tight end and in the backfield. It was also very evident that the Klemm and Whitaker were not starting or even backup guards.

This year Jim Bates left and TT shored up the defense in free agents and AJ Hawk knowing their would be a drop off.

He knew the offensive line was a mess and then hired a new offensive line coach hoping that lightning can stike twice like it did with bates. If you can't improve the talent improve the coaching.

During the off season I heard that Coston would be the right guard wells at center and left guard was up in the air.

We then drafted Colledge (tackle) - move to start at left guard Spitz (guard) backup center then guard Moll -(tackle)

Where are the guards ?

Our best position was tackle we wre 4 deep Clifton Tausher and Barry.

What happened next ?
Barry gets hurt
3rd tackle Klemm was to be a left tackle can't play guard
Klemm gets hurt
4thWhitaker to play right tackle can't play guard
5th tackle Coston moved to tackle not going to start at right guard.
6th tackle College moved to tackle not going to start at left guard.
7th tackle Moll who i am afraid when the dust clears he cannot play guard either.
8th would be Barry

We have wells who is a decent center and Sptitz(Thank god) suprising some people or a least by default is considerably better than any other guard on the team.

Also I continue to hear that many of the Green Bay lineman are athletic but need to get stronger this seems to be a trend. If they are not strong enough the rest does not matter

Coston 2 years now
White 2 years now
College
Moll
Klemm

I have been a big fan for a lot of years and still will be and I realise that some other circumstances moved people from back up guard to tackle.
The problem I see is 1 rookie guard on the team and the backups are even worse. At some point people like college ,coston and Moll may be able to play guard but right now they are out of position.

The problem is if college can't start it was a mistake because we need someone right now not 2 years from now. He was a tackle

draft a guard in the 2nd

i hope they prove me worng Go Packers

Scott Campbell
08-20-2006, 08:20 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see us sign a guard that gets cut by somebody else before the season starts.