PDA

View Full Version : M3: the slowest kid in the special ed class

red
10-07-2012, 03:10 PM
get rid of his fat ass

he is completely incapable of adjusting during a game

how many times have we heard him say "we need to run the ball more" while heading into the locker room at halftime? why wait, you're calling the plays. CALL THE FUCKING RUN PLAYS, don't just go talk about it.

if anything changes, he can't counter it. he is out coached almost every week.

his one saving grace is that he has a shitload of talent on the team. unfortunately he has forgotten how to use them. his answer for every tough situation seems to be to drop back and throw the ball deep

and its time to face the facts that maybe philbin was really the brains behind the offense.

he's been here long enough. a team this talented should not look this bad

red
10-07-2012, 04:08 PM
take a good look at the picture. now put a G on the helmet and give him a green windbreaker

look familiar?

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090320235602/uncyclopedia/images/f/f8/Retarded_fat_cartoon_guy.jpg

http://katchop.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/mike-mccarthy-2.jpg

mraynrand
10-07-2012, 04:11 PM
Stubby strikes again! By God, he is going to run it the way it should work, regardless of what is happening on the field. Adjustments came too late. But be fair: he wasn't the only screw up in this debacle of a loss, not by far.

mraynrand
10-07-2012, 04:12 PM
http://i453.photobucket.com/albums/qq254/mraynrand/StubbyRunGame.jpg

Harlan Huckleby
10-07-2012, 04:13 PM
My beef is that he should have been calling timeouts during Indy's final drive. Duh.

mraynrand
10-07-2012, 04:15 PM
"I've got another great, schemy defensive all stirred up and ready to go for the Colts; but I'll be sure to single cover Reggie Wayne as much as possible. Hopefully our rookies will keep intercepting it. By the way, I will be unconcerned with Luck running the ball. He's a pocket QB, after all."

http://i453.photobucket.com/albums/qq254/mraynrand/CapersWOK.jpg

mraynrand
10-07-2012, 04:17 PM
My beef is that he should have been calling timeouts during Indy's final drive. Duh.

but when, exactly? Before they get the first down with Luck? Maybe they burn their TOs, and then Indy gets that first down and kills that whole plan. I was surprised that Indy didn't force the Packers to burn a TO or two by running the ball with first and goal.

Harlan Huckleby
10-07-2012, 04:26 PM
but when, exactly? Before they get the first down with Luck? Maybe they burn their TOs, and then Indy gets that first down and kills that whole plan. I was surprised that Indy didn't force the Packers to burn a TO or two by running the ball with first and goal.

Doesn't matter when. Even the way it played-out, it would have given them another 35 seconds to work with.

mraynrand
10-07-2012, 04:28 PM
Doesn't matter when. Even the way it played-out, it would have given them another 35 seconds to work with.

Not if Indy ran the ball for two downs at the goal line (without scoring).

Harlan Huckleby
10-07-2012, 04:31 PM
Not if Indy ran the ball for two downs at the goal line (without scoring). I think they had two timeouts. Indy had the same insentive to run with or without the timeouts. You can't predict what plays Indy would call, the best use of the timeouts was when indy had the ball.

red
10-07-2012, 04:34 PM
will you guys quit fucking up my thread with logical debate?

this thread is about our head coaches incompetence and his fat fucking ass

mraynrand
10-07-2012, 04:36 PM
I think they had two timeouts. Indy had the same insentive to run with or without the timeouts.

you can't know that. But I suppose it's a reasonable guess. The Packers sure didn't spend their last time out effectively, that's for sure. Should have called it after the Driver catch with 18 seconds left. One more pass for 5-10 yards, then have Crosby miss the shorter FG.

mraynrand
10-07-2012, 04:37 PM

this thread is about our head coaches incompetence and his fat fucking ass

FIRE STUBBY!!!!

red
10-07-2012, 04:39 PM
better

Harlan Huckleby
10-07-2012, 04:41 PM
I think Stubby is a good coach.

But he definitely should be disciplined for calling that replacement ref and consoling him. That ain't right.

Joemailman
10-07-2012, 04:41 PM
Off With His Head!!!

LegandofthePack15
10-08-2012, 09:15 AM
how many times have we heard him say "we need to run the ball more" while heading into the locker room at halftime? why wait, you're calling the plays. CALL THE FUCKING RUN PLAYS, don't just go talk about it.

Take away Green's long run and what's his avg? Seems like Green ran into a wall every time McCarthy fed him the rock. The running game was pretty much ineffective after Benson went out.

LegandofthePack15
10-08-2012, 09:32 AM
you can't know that. But I suppose it's a reasonable guess. The Packers sure didn't spend their last time out effectively, that's for sure. Should have called it after the Driver catch with 18 seconds left. One more pass for 5-10 yards, then have Crosby miss the shorter FG.

Problem is, Pack might not be able to spike the ball on time, or even if they could pull it off, somebody might get flagged.

As for Crosby, he sucks so bad at game-winning kicks, the odds say the Packers would've been better off throwing a hail mary.

pbmax
10-08-2012, 09:34 AM
Take away Green's long run and what's his avg? Seems like Green ran into a wall every time McCarthy fed him the rock. The running game was pretty much ineffective after Benson went out.

The force, I mean perspective, is strong with this Rookie Poster.

Of course we also need to know why all but three of his attempts went wide. Was that Green or the call? One of those could have been cut back to off tackle because Freeney had slid out to Bowling Green, KY with Newhouse pushing him around. Instead of cutting inside that fabulous push, he still attempted to go wide.

One of the up the gut runs was versus a 6 man box Billick noticed, which should be an automatic. My bet is the coaches have some doubts about his inside running.

\threadjack

http://www.espnmilwaukee.com/upload/EmotionalMike.jpg
That question isn't funny Jason.

Pugger
10-08-2012, 10:11 AM
thisthreadisridiculous

mraynrand
10-08-2012, 10:48 AM
http://www.espnmilwaukee.com/upload/EmotionalMike.jpg

I wonder if Associated Bank is getting nervous. Maybe they will be Disassociated Bank if this crap continues.

Freak Out
10-08-2012, 11:59 AM
Who in the hell made that backdrop? They are the ones that need to be fired. Any graphic designers in GB?

mraynrand
10-08-2012, 12:20 PM
Who in the hell made that backdrop? They are the ones that need to be fired. Any graphic designers in GB?

Slim pickins up there for sure

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v631/SephirothIsGod/Go%20Pack/GoPack-ElizaCallahanbyMe1.jpg

denverYooper
10-08-2012, 12:39 PM

Dude. Whenever I go home the UP and watch the local TV ads, they're just brutal. Pretty much everything looks like it was shot in the late 80's and has virtually no production whatsoever. I've done home movies of my kids with some basic editing in Windows Movie Maker that look more professional.

Patler
10-08-2012, 12:45 PM

Green had a 9 yard run on his first carry and a 5 yard run before the 41 yard carry. If you take away his best carry (41 yards) and his worst carry (-4) he was 7/22, slightly better than Benson's game total of 7/20. Of course, to be fair, you should also takeaway Benson's best (9) and his worst (0) leaving him at 5/11.

I'm not convinced there was a huge drop off in performance, what changed was MM's willingness to use it.

Benson's carries were for 4, 0, 2, 9, 1, 1 and 3 yards.
Green's carries were for 9, 1, 3, 1, 1, (-4), (-2), 5 and 41 yards.

mmmdk
10-08-2012, 01:17 PM
Green had a 9 yard run on his first carry and a 5 yard run before the 41 yard carry. If you take away his best carry (41 yards) and his worst carry (-4) he was 7/22, slightly better than Benson's game total of 7/20. Of course, to be fair, you should also takeaway Benson's best (9) and his worst (0) leaving him at 5/11.

I'm not convinced there was a huge drop off in performance, what changed was MM's willingness to use it.

Patler = Indiana Jones with a rhetorical whip - don't let that keep you from posting, LegandofthePack15, as we've all been Patlered. :lol:

wist43
10-08-2012, 01:20 PM
We have no running game inandof itself - it is predicated wholly on the passing game.

If we pass on 1st down and go incomplete, and MM dials up a running play on 2nd down - we're surely going to be looking at 3rd and long more often than not. Teams have the luxury of being able to sit back in coverage, b/c we pose no threat of popping a running play - the running plays, i.e. scrum left, right, middle, take time to develop and it gives DB's and LB's time to flow to the point of attack. We don't pull or trap at all, i.e. so called "power" running plays.

Since MM is married to the zone blocking scheme and that isn't going to change, he needs to shorten up the passing game ala Bill Walsh/Mike Holmgren and use the short passing game and screens as a substitute for the lack of running game - to date, he hasn't done that much.

The Packers are being outcoached on both sides of the ball - I don't expect that to change. MM and Capers need to make adjustments, but that would require them to examine their core philosophies - that's not likely to happen.

mmmdk
10-08-2012, 01:24 PM
We have no running game inandof itself - it is predicated wholly on the passing game.

If we pass on 1st down and go incomplete, and MM dials up a running play on 2nd down - we're surely going to be looking at 3rd and long more often than not. Teams have the luxury of being able to sit back in coverage, b/c we pose no threat of popping a running play - the running plays, i.e. scrum left, right, middle, take time to develop and it gives DB's and LB's time to flow to the point of attack. We don't pull or trap at all, i.e. so called "power" running plays.

Since MM is married to the zone blocking scheme and that isn't going to change, he needs to shorten up the passing game ala Bill Walsh/Mike Holmgren and use the short passing game and screens as a substitute for the lack of running game - to date, he hasn't done that much.

The Packers are being outcoached on both sides of the ball - I don't expect that to change. MM and Capers need to make adjustments, but that would require them to examine their core philosophies - that's not likely to happen.

wist43 = Ogre with a real battle-axe (not rhetorical). :tup:

pbmax
10-08-2012, 03:07 PM

Second half carries: 1, 1, -4, -2, 5 and 41. Not enough attempts given the defensive adjustment, but they were doing something else wrong as well. That 41 yarder came on an option or package play of some sort I think, when Rodgers saw six in the box and he handed off. Designed runs prior to the 41 yarder, in second half were 5 for 1 yard. Might lead me to believe Green was bouncing outside on his own and they saw it wasn't working.

The other thing is plays per half. There were 12 runs (non QB) in the first half on 30 Offensive plays (40%). There were 8 in 23 in the second half (35%). Everyone remembers the first two series in the second half, but the attempts were close to even.

rbaloha1
10-08-2012, 03:57 PM
MM is not a quick thinker. Panics way too much.

swede
10-08-2012, 04:18 PM
MM is not a quick thinker. Panics way too much.

He panics fifteen minutes too late.

Rutnstrut
10-08-2012, 08:30 PM
Quite ironic that a lot of the people on here complaining about the lack of a running game, were the same ones saying we don't need one when others talked about it.

pbmax
10-08-2012, 09:19 PM
Quite ironic that a lot of the people on here complaining about the lack of a running game, were the same ones saying we don't need one when others talked about it.

You don't need one if you can complete passes against Cover 2 man. But the Pacers have developed an inability to do so. The running is just a piece of that, though with Benson it seemed like one of the likeliest sources of help.

wist43
10-08-2012, 09:33 PM
wist43 = Ogre with a real battle-axe (not rhetorical). :tup:

I may be an ogre, but my wife is a babe ;)

LegandofthePack15
10-08-2012, 11:58 PM

Notice that Benson didn't have a negative yardage play. That's b/c he doesn't fall down at first contact, he breaks tackles and he knows how to make something out of nothing; some qualities I don't see in the other backs.

Patler
10-09-2012, 03:21 AM
Notice that Benson didn't have a negative yardage play. That's b/c he doesn't fall down at first contact, he breaks tackles and he knows how to make something out of nothing; some qualities I don't see in the other backs.

I agree, that is one of the benefits from a runner like Benson, but it's a small sample on which to make that comparison. I don't think we really know much about what type of runner Green will be. We haven't seen him carry very much yet behind the regular O-line with the starters on offense.

Ryan Grant was not one to break a lot of tackles, but had very few negative runs. For him it was decisiveness. He didn't dilly-dally much. For a while last year I posted Starks' and Grant's carries after each game. Starks' line usually looked like Green's from the Colt's game, a few longer runs and some negative carries. Grant seldom had a negative carry, but had a lot of 0-2 yard carries. Yet Starks probably got more yards after contact than Grant did. But Starks will tend to delay, and try to go wide at times rather than hitting up into a crowd, which Grant will do. In the end, their averages were similar.

Jimx29
10-09-2012, 03:23 AM

this thread is about our head coaches incompetence and his fat fucking assSeems i've heard that a few times over the years :|

Rutnstrut
10-09-2012, 08:26 AM
He panics fifteen minutes too late.

Spot on and funny.