PDA

View Full Version : Calling the upset

MadtownPacker
10-12-2012, 09:41 PM
No I'm not just talking that crazy shit, I even have money riding on it with a texans fan. Fuck him and fuck them, this weekend the G&G will find a way. Unless someone objects I think I will even make the game thread since I did have the longest streak second to Bretsky (the SOB won us a SB) and this losing shit needs to end Sunday Night.

Freak Out
10-12-2012, 09:42 PM
I second the motion.

MadtownPacker
10-12-2012, 09:44 PM
Vote on the poll puto and if you want to know who voted NO just click on the number.

wist43
10-12-2012, 10:08 PM
Sorry Mad... this weekend is a lost cause.

Maybe the season isn't lost, but don't see how we can hang with a tough team like the Texans. If MM doesn't shorten the passing game up, Rodgers might not make it out of the game alive.

Bretsky
10-12-2012, 10:09 PM
History has shown when I start drinking the kool aide reality pissed in it
The season is not hosed.......but Mad......sorry man.....you're losing some ching cause we're not winning this week

mraynrand
10-13-2012, 12:12 AM
I second the motion.

I second that emotion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI_0tQdEA5k

George Cumby
10-13-2012, 12:23 AM
Fuggit.

I voted "yes".

Take us home, you Cholo MFer.

Guiness
10-13-2012, 01:09 AM
I think this is now the toughest game on our schedule, but there's no reason we can't hang with this team.

channtheman
10-13-2012, 03:30 AM
This is the game the Packer definitely win. No one will give them a chance, so logically, we'll win.

AtlPackFan
10-13-2012, 07:52 AM
Uhhhh, sorry. No.

I don't think the season is hosed...yet, but we don't win this week. IMHO, next week is the do-or-die game.

Fosco33
10-13-2012, 08:42 AM
I've called this before - Crosby with the make-up play. Last min FG to win and make up for the Colts. Sitting at 3-3; finish 10-6

Brando19
10-13-2012, 08:59 AM
We win this game. Stop Foster and you stop their offense. I don't think Schaub is that good. With a defense learning to adjust without Cushing, we take advantage and score 35.

pittstang5
10-13-2012, 09:06 AM
I'm sorry, but people are delusional if they think the Packers have a chance in this game. There's just too much going against them: They're on the road, they can't run the ball (well, maybe I should say "Won't" run the ball), receivers keep dropping balls, Rogers hasn't been himself, the Defense still has "miscommunication" issues, the o-line plays with their heads up their assess, they can't sustain constant pressure on defense. They're just bad.

Texans are considered by most, the best team in the NFL right now. They are balanced on offense and defense - their only slight weakness, I here, is their special teams play. Good teams beat the teams they are supposed to. Packers proved last week that they are not a good team. No upset here.

MadtownPacker
10-13-2012, 09:17 AM
I've called this before - Crosby with the make-up play. Last min FG to win and make up for the Colts. Sitting at 3-3; finish 10-6
You might have you herbivore and I like your post but I prefer the Pack just stomps on them.

MadtownPacker
10-13-2012, 09:25 AM
We win this game. Stop Foster and you stop their offense. I don't think Schaub is that good. With a defense learning to adjust without Cushing, we take advantage and score 35.That nugget there is the detail that sticks out more than your front teeth. Can this be the week Hermichael lives up to his billing? Like this NWA songs says....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9OUvWKVYpU

MadtownPacker
10-13-2012, 09:39 AM
I'm sorry, but people are delusional if they think the Packers have a chance in this game. There's just too much going against them: They're on the road, they can't run the ball (well, maybe I should say "Won't" run the ball), receivers keep dropping balls, Rogers hasn't been himself, the Defense still has "miscommunication" issues, the o-line plays with their heads up their assess, they can't sustain constant pressure on defense. They're just bad.

Texans are considered by most, the best team in the NFL right now. They are balanced on offense and defense - their only slight weakness, I here, is their special teams play. Good teams beat the teams they are supposed to. Packers proved last week that they are not a good team. No upset here.Damn that's all good legit logic except for the fact the Packers have talent too. Season has been rough. Getting beatdown at home by a juiced SF team, then playing what somehow became a must win in week 2 only 4 days later (fuck Thursday games) vs the hated bears. Then go to Seatown to get robbed and have to come back and play desperate, winless Saints. So in hindsight I'm not so surprised they blew it versus the colts. So 2-3 which would easily be 4-1 if not for a idiot ref and a choke job in Indy. That would have made this game the NFL's premier matchup of this season so far.

LegandofthePack15
10-13-2012, 10:02 AM
Agreed with Madtown that the Packers are talented. Sucks that they have been underachieving. If there's a week they need to stop being Bart Simpson (underachiever) and start being, well, Lisa Simpson (overachiever), this week is it.

King Friday
10-13-2012, 10:07 AM
The Packers certainly have a chance to win the game. The fucking Jets should've beat the Texans last week. The Packers have the potential on offense to make things difficult on the Texans, who really haven't faced a potent offense this year. (Denver is the best they've faced, and they are probably not a top 10 offense even with Manning) Hell, they didn't really even face many good offenses last season...they lost to NO and won tight games against Cinci and Atlanta. That was about it for top 10-15 offenses that they faced. Personally, I don't think this Texans defense has really been tested consistently against elite offensive talent. The loss of a key LB and a short week of prep gives the Packers even more advantage over them.

The Texans are a good team...there is no doubt about it. However, they are NOT unbeatable. The Packers certainly can win this game, but they obviously need to play better than they have been. In recent years, they've seemed to play best in primetime...and they are coming off a stinging loss that puts their playoff chances in peril if they don't right the ship immediately. This is the kind of game that can right the ship in a hurry, and everyone on the team knows it. I'm expecting a close game that will come down to the 4th quarter. That doesn't mean GB will win...but to claim they have little chance is just stupid. Sure, Houston probably has a 60% chance of winning...but a 40% chance for GB is not little as a road team against an undefeated opponent.

pbmax
10-13-2012, 10:13 AM
Guess Mad wil be starting the Game Day thread then. And we have to be sure to get it up earlier so Cap'n Kickass can do his obligatory thing.

Pugger
10-13-2012, 10:32 AM
History has shown when I start drinking the kool aide reality pissed in it
The season is not hosed.......but Mad......sorry man.....you're losing some ching cause we're not winning this week

Agreed. Unless this team gets their collective heads out of their fannies and plays up to their potential for 60 minutes we are not going to go into the crib of an undefeated team on national television and win with a half-assed effort like we've seen all to often this season. This season will not be finished if we lose but the hole we've dug will be almost like an abyss.

pittstang5
10-13-2012, 12:59 PM
I like the positive attitude some people are showing, I really do. But I'm a realist. What makes everyone think they can turn it around? What are they going to do differently? Run the ball more? Actually cover a receiver or at least be somewhere near them? Actually harass a QB on 3rd down? I'm just not buying it. Too many "IFs." I think everyone agrees that "IF" the Packers play up to their potential, they have a shot at beating Houston. And "IF" my aunt had nuts, she'd be my uncle.

wist43
10-13-2012, 02:17 PM
Damn that's all good legit logic except for the fact the Packers have talent too. Season has been rough. Getting beatdown at home by a juiced SF team, then playing what somehow became a must win in week 2 only 4 days later (fuck Thursday games) vs the hated bears. Then go to Seatown to get robbed and have to come back and play desperate, winless Saints. So in hindsight I'm not so surprised they blew it versus the colts. So 2-3 which would easily be 4-1 if not for a idiot ref and a choke job in Indy. That would have made this game the NFL's premier matchup of this season so far.

If if's and but's were candy and nuts we'd all have a wonderful Christmas!!!

Bad teams find ways to lose. We're not necessarily a "bad team", but we have major issues - starting with the coaching staff.

- Raji isn't likely to play, and Capers is a lost cause. Take Raji out of the equation and there's no telling how big a mess of things Capers can make of a game plan.
- the OL is a complete disaster; and McCarthy won't adjust

That about sums it up - the debacle will take about 3 hours to play out tomorrow night. I expect we will keep it within 14 pts after falling behind... but just like the Niner game, the end will never be in doubt.

mraynrand
10-13-2012, 02:43 PM
- the OL is a complete disaster; and McCarthy won't adjust

I LOLed at that one

wist43
10-13-2012, 03:17 PM
I LOLed at that one

I don't think Rodgers thinks it's LOL worthy... and our lack of running game is nothing to chuckle about.

MM refuses to tailor game plans to protect the OL and get the running game going. Defenses don't have to respect our running game, and they don't have to cover anything short - the can simply sit back in coverage, and pin their ears back on the rush - every game has been like that. You'd think McCarthy would catch on at some point.

Capers on the other hand, is equally obtuse about his gimmick fronts, busted coverages, sloppy zones, and passive pass rush in long down/distance situations.

Some are saying we could be 4-1... we could just as easily be 0-5.

Guiness
10-13-2012, 05:38 PM
Guess Mad wil be starting the Game Day thread then. And we have to be sure to get it up earlier so Cap'n Kickass can do his obligatory thing.

MTP starting the gameday thread? My word! My heart's all a-flutter! I don't know if I can stand the excitement :)
h

King Friday
10-13-2012, 06:18 PM
You'd think McCarthy would catch on at some point.

I'm pretty sure he caught on during the loss to the Colts. Losing to the 49ers wasn't alarming...and losing to Seattle should have been a win, making it easier to chalk up as nothing major. McCarthy really didn't have something jarring to wake him up yet. Falling flat against a team like the Colts is a definite shot across the bow. I'm not in Wisconsin, but I'm sure the general tone up there is one of great concern. He's going to feel that heavily in a community where it is far more difficult for him to become "anonymous" as compared to some huge urban metropolis.

These guys get where they are because of supreme confidence in their abilities. McCarthy didn't get where he is by being a pessimist as the time...in fact, few successful people do. Pessimism is easy, especially on Monday morning. They aren't going to scrap their entire "plan" over a couple bumps in the road. However, the Colts loss was more than a bump IMO. It will certainly cause McCarthy to make some changes IMO. Hopefully they are the right ones, but who knows at this point.

mission
10-14-2012, 10:39 AM
LETS FUCKING GET IT, ESE!!

mission
10-14-2012, 10:40 AM
I'm pretty sure he caught on during the loss to the Colts. Losing to the 49ers wasn't alarming...and losing to Seattle should have been a win, making it easier to chalk up as nothing major. McCarthy really didn't have something jarring to wake him up yet. Falling flat against a team like the Colts is a definite shot across the bow. I'm not in Wisconsin, but I'm sure the general tone up there is one of great concern. He's going to feel that heavily in a community where it is far more difficult for him to become "anonymous" as compared to some huge urban metropolis.

These guys get where they are because of supreme confidence in their abilities. McCarthy didn't get where he is by being a pessimist as the time...in fact, few successful people do. Pessimism is easy, especially on Monday morning. They aren't going to scrap their entire "plan" over a couple bumps in the road. However, the Colts loss was more than a bump IMO. It will certainly cause McCarthy to make some changes IMO. Hopefully they are the right ones, but who knows at this point.

GREAT POST

KYPack
10-14-2012, 05:08 PM
Move over Mexi!

I'm jumping on the burro with ya.

I think the back being against a wall is a big boost to any pro team.

MadtownPacker
10-14-2012, 06:37 PM
Anyone want to see who are the doubters?

http://packerrats.com/poll.php?pollid=1037&do=showresults

String em up! :lol:

George Cumby
10-14-2012, 07:15 PM
Anyone want to see who are the doubters?

http://packerrats.com/poll.php?pollid=1037&do=showresults

String em up! :lol:

Puggs?! Puggs?! Puggs voted against the Pack?:grin:

rbaloha1
10-14-2012, 07:19 PM
Rodney Harrison just took the Packers.

pbmax
10-14-2012, 07:24 PM
Let's light them up boys.

King Friday
10-14-2012, 10:41 PM
That about sums it up - the debacle will take about 3 hours to play out tomorrow night. I expect we will keep it within 14 pts after falling behind... but just like the Niner game, the end will never be in doubt.

The end WAS never in doubt...Wist's constant pessimism usually winds up being wrong.

MadtownPacker
10-14-2012, 10:47 PM
I expect we will keep it within 14 pts after falling behind... but just like the Niner game, the end will never be in doubt.You were right Pack kept it around 14 pts but never in doubt.:lol:

HarveyWallbangers
10-14-2012, 10:58 PM
Well done, Merry Mex.

pbmax
10-14-2012, 11:27 PM
Someone earned the start of the GameDay thread next week. That's a good feeling.

esoxx
10-14-2012, 11:30 PM
we could just as easily be 0-5.

You are dumb

AtlPackFan
10-15-2012, 09:22 AM
I'm not too proud to say I was wrong. I didn't see us containing Arian Foster, I didn't see us containing (relatively) Andre Johnson - especially after Wayne's showing against us last week - and I didn't see MM running enough to keep the Texans D honest. I was wrong on all counts.

I love it when I'm wrong!

AtlPackFan
10-15-2012, 09:34 AM

No...its not. :-)

AtlPackFan
10-15-2012, 09:35 AM
You are dumb

Really? Someone has a different opinion than you and they are dumb? Nice.

Joemailman
10-15-2012, 09:40 AM
I just voted yes. Mad, you might want to close the poll. :lol: