PDA

View Full Version : Injury Updates??

Bossman641
10-15-2012, 08:34 AM
Anyone heard anything?

Heard MM saying Smith and Saine were significant and could miss the rest of the year.

Haven't we had our share of injuries already?

pbmax
10-15-2012, 08:47 AM
Smith and Saine were both on crutches and had their knees heavily wrapped. Shields was his shin (though it looked like he got kicked in the back of his calf) and Perry a knee.

EDIT: Smith has an achilles.

pbmax
10-15-2012, 09:38 AM
A report in GBPG has Smith with a knee injury.

run pMc
10-15-2012, 10:11 AM
Yeah, saw report this am that Perry has knee injury that is not season-ending.
Brandon Saine and D.J. Smith have "significant" knee injuries.
Read somewhere that Shields got kicked in the shin and it's not serious.
Also read that Rodgers was a little stiff-legged but otherwise ok.

So...who does GB trot out vs. the Rams? Assuming Perry and Smith are out I'm assuming it's Walden/Moses at OLB and Brad Jones/Rob Francois at ILB? If Saine is done are we going to have a Marc Tyler sighting? Wonder how this impacts special teams.

George Cumby
10-15-2012, 10:55 AM
Perry was moving around without help. He'll be back soon.

Smith's season is done. Achilles = bad news.

Little Whiskey
10-15-2012, 01:12 PM
EDIT: Smith has an achilles.

Don't we all?

sharpe1027
10-15-2012, 01:32 PM
Don't we all?

Not Oscar Pistorius.

Guiness
10-15-2012, 02:35 PM
Saine get hurt on ST?

Fosco33
10-15-2012, 05:51 PM
Was it smith that got blown up after the play?? That deserves a fine.

Shoal
10-15-2012, 05:55 PM
"Packers have put LB DJ Smith and RB Brandon Saine on injured reserve and claimed RB Johnny White on waivers from the Bills."

Freak Out
10-15-2012, 06:24 PM
Was it smith that got blown up after the play?? That deserves a fine.

That was a cheap shot and should have drawn a flag.

http://gif.mocksession.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/DJ-SMITH-CHEAP-SHOT.gif

Little Whiskey
10-15-2012, 06:34 PM
"Packers have put LB DJ Smith and RB Brandon Saine on injured reserve and claimed RB Johnny White on waivers from the Bills."

heard a rummor today on 670 out of chicago that they expected the Packers to pickup Bell after the Bears cut him today.

Shoal
10-15-2012, 07:18 PM
heard a rummor today on 670 out of chicago that they expected the Packers to pickup Bell after the Bears cut him today.

The Chicago Tribune said "RB Kahlil Bell is expected to be claimed off waivers, possibly by Green Bay. His salary now stands at $615,000, making him more attractive on the waiver wire."

George Cumby
10-15-2012, 08:14 PM

20 posts in six years?

repped.

Little Whiskey
10-15-2012, 08:19 PM
20 posts in six years?

repped.

And with a Rat Title.......double Rep!

RashanGary
10-15-2012, 09:10 PM
I haven't read or listened to much of anything this year. What's going on with Davon House?

pbmax
10-15-2012, 09:25 PM
I haven't read or listened to much of anything this year. What's going on with Davon House?

He has been full participant in practice for at least a week if not more (likely more but can only positively remember last week's report). He just doesn't seem to be able to leap Shields or Hayward.

He is not replacing Bush due to special teams. So unless they add a body on defense, he's going to need to pass someone else to get to the active roster.

rbaloha1
10-15-2012, 11:10 PM

Its Manning time.

Joemailman
10-15-2012, 11:52 PM
Its Manning time.

Not the way MM talked today. Sounds like Manning's reps will be mostly on ST. Expect some combination of Jones, Francois and Lattimore to replace Smith. Also, Hawk may play more in sub-packages.

Guiness
10-16-2012, 12:49 AM
Not the way MM talked today. Sounds like Manning's reps will be mostly on ST. Expect some combination of Jones, Francois and Lattimore to replace Smith. Also, Hawk may play more in sub-packages.

Will he be in space?

Patler
10-16-2012, 07:10 AM
Its Manning time.

Initially, but he likely will get more practice opportunities to show that he can also contribute in other ways.

Wasn't he considered to be a strong blitzer in pre-draft reports?

pbmax
10-16-2012, 07:57 AM
Yes Manning was considered a young pass rushing demon.

I hope to see some Francois in dime. Not sure if he is sound enough elsewhere, but he made quite an impression last year in limited reps for his pass D. Like an octopus back there.

Packers4Glory
10-16-2012, 08:06 AM
Francois and Lattimore are intriguing guys to me.

Did Grant get picked up yet? he knows the system and we know him. He's got something left to give.

Joemailman
10-16-2012, 08:07 AM
Grant is a Redskin.

mraynrand
10-16-2012, 08:10 AM

I hope to see some Francois in dime. Not sure if he is sound enough elsewhere, but he made quite an impression last year in limited reps for his pass D. Like an octopus back there.

Good point. Good in coverage, weak in run support. We can call him Octopussy.

Packers4Glory
10-16-2012, 08:13 AM
Grant is a Redskin.

yeah I just read we signed some dude from Buf.

rbaloha1
10-16-2012, 11:48 AM
Watch the physical play Manning brings to the position -- a faster Bishop.

Oftentimes, Capers goes with experience over rookie talent initially. After the pain of playing the wrong players, Capers inserts the talented rookies and whalla -- improvement.

Patler
10-16-2012, 12:48 PM
Did Grant get picked up yet? he knows the system and we know him. He's got something left to give.

I doubt they would have signed Grant, even if he had been available. They seemed more interested in signing a guy to replace Saine on STs. They said they wanted to get him in ASAP and start working with him on ST responsibilities. I don't think Grant would have been that guy.

Bossman641
10-16-2012, 04:12 PM

Hasn't the knock on Francois been that he plays good zone pass D but isn't quick enough to match up 1 on 1? I could have sworn a coach made that comment sometime but I might be imagining it.

smuggler
10-16-2012, 04:26 PM
He replaced Bishop for a few plays last year in coverage in the game against SD when Gates was going apeshit 1-on-1. He did noticably better than Bish in that game in that respect. (Hard to blame Bishop for getting roasted by Gates for 77 8-yard passes to Antonio Gates - he made tackles after the catch)

Shoal
10-16-2012, 05:34 PM
20 posts in six years?

repped.

I saw your comment. That made a little bit of Blatz come back through my nose.

Ok....why would I only comment 20 times in 6 years?

1. I am a slow typer and reader.
2. I am still trying to find Waldo's posts; Sheepshead players; and my Jerry Tagge signed ball cap I lost in my last move.
3. I don't have any thoughts/opinions most days.
4. I'm still ticked off about that 4th and 26 play, Tony Mandarich, Tate's TD, and losing my '65 Ron Kostelnik bottle cap.
5. I watched Starr/Taylor/Horning on a tiny, grainy black and white and now I can't "see" most forum topics even with glasses.
6. Everything I would have said youse guys have already said earlier.....so no need to pile on. Besides I have come to the conclusion that TT is smarter than me when it comes to Packer personnel.
7. The net at work blocks access to www.Packerrats.com.
8. With Fantasy Football, a 100# dog, and ice cream (wish it was Kopps though and YES I know, I know Kopps is 'custard')....who has the time?
9. I also have to read Jersey Al, Rodney, Wilde, Cheesehead, etc. (but no 'Bleacher Report' junk). Well maybe Bleacher Report between the day after Super Bowl and Draft Day.
10. You can play softball almost year-round in Virginia.

Ok...the real answer is 6.

Fosco33
10-16-2012, 07:07 PM

2. I am still trying to find Waldo's posts; Sheepshead players; and my Jerry Tagge signed ball cap I lost in my last move.
4. I'm still ticked off about that 4th and 26 play, Tony Mandarich, Tate's TD, and losing my '65 Ron Kostelnik bottle cap.
5. I watched Starr/Taylor/Horning on a tiny, grainy black and white and now I can't "see" most forum topics even with glasses.
6. Everything I would have said youse guys have already said earlier.....so no need to pile on. Besides I have come to the conclusion that TT is smarter than me when it comes to Packer personnel.
8. With Fantasy Football, a 100# dog, and ice cream (wish it was Kopps though and YES I know, I know Kopps is 'custard')....who has the time?
9. I also have to read Jersey Al, Rodney, Wilde, Cheesehead, etc. (but no 'Bleacher Report' junk). Well maybe Bleacher Report between the day after Super Bowl and Draft Day.

Nice - I loved Virginia. I was in Arlington for a year (actually will be there next week). Beautiful part of the country and plenty to do.

MadtownPacker
10-16-2012, 09:02 PM
Damn, we that bad? Still fucking un-American!! :lol:

George Cumby
10-16-2012, 10:29 PM

That hasn't stopped anyone else on this board..........

pbmax
10-16-2012, 10:39 PM
That hasn't stopped anyone else on this board..........

Ditto.

Trade James Jones now while he has value!

mraynrand
10-16-2012, 11:42 PM

Funny as hell: repped.

I would love to find someone who plays sheepshead (not online, but in an outdated, wood-paneled, 'finished' basement with stogies, schnapps, and beer). Do you play with Diamonds or clubs as trump?? I bet you mauer like a bastard!!! :lol:

mraynrand
10-16-2012, 11:44 PM
scheisskopf!

HarveyWallbangers
10-17-2012, 01:07 AM
I like the way Hawk is playing, but I don't like him in coverage. I expect Francois will ultimately take over Smith's role in subpackages. I was impressed by his coverage last year. He's tall, so maybe he'll do a better job on those passes behind him over the middle than Hawk (lacks the top speed) and Smith (short). Manning and Lattimore have intriguing pass rush ability/athleticism. Losing Bishop and then Smith is a blow, but they are replaceable.

Fosco33
10-17-2012, 08:24 AM
I like the way Hawk is playing, but I don't like him in coverage. I expect Francois will ultimately take over Smith's role in subpackages. I was impressed by his coverage last year. He's tall, so maybe he'll do a better job on those passes behind him over the middle than Hawk (lacks the top speed) and Smith (short). Manning and Lattimore have intriguing pass rush ability/athleticism. Losing Bishop and then Smith is a blow, but they are replaceable.

How does Zombo play into the mix if/when he comes off pup?

pbmax
10-17-2012, 08:31 AM
I am not sure Zombo has a spot right now though Perry's injury could change that. Moses isn't going anywhere and Walden will start this week plus Matthews. I think they will hold onto him for the entire three weeks and unless Perry or someone gets hurt, he will be on the street. With Barclay on the roster along with the Buffalo RB, they are at 53 now but they have yet to officially move DJ Smith to IR according to Packers.com. And I would expect that spot to go to Quarless first.

Smidgeon
10-17-2012, 10:19 AM

I find it interesting that Brad Jones was the first man in when Smith went down. More versatile than Francois?

mraynrand
10-17-2012, 10:23 AM
I find it interesting that Brad Jones was the first man in when Smith went down. More versatile than Francois?

I think they were still keying on Houston's run game, and Jones>Francois against the run. Remember, Francois has the octopus arms for pass coverage and is a wimp in run defense: Octopussy

pittstang5
10-17-2012, 04:13 PM
I read that Perry and Shields will be "hard pressed" to play Sunday against the Rams. I haven't watched the entire Houston game yet, but I heard Shields got kicked in the shin. He's going to be "hard Pressed" to play this Sunday? Am I missing somethng? Was the injury worse than led to believe?

pbmax
10-17-2012, 05:34 PM

Lattimore worked more at Hawk's position I think and is more a run stopper than Francois as well. Francois is the weakest of the three against the run from what we can gather. Manning isn't considered ready yet.

sharpe1027
10-17-2012, 06:04 PM
I read that Perry and Shields will be "hard pressed" to play Sunday against the Rams. I haven't watched the entire Houston game yet, but I heard Shields got kicked in the shin. He's going to be "hard Pressed" to play this Sunday? Am I missing somethng? Was the injury worse than led to believe?

He got leg whipped pretty good.

George Cumby
10-17-2012, 09:27 PM

Good work everyone. Shoal has now stopped posting at 21.........

ThunderDan
10-17-2012, 09:52 PM
scheisskopf!

We played growing up at my grandparents' house. Huge game in the Point/Wausau area. Had to clarify what was trump because there seemed to be a break around Mosinee on Diamonds/Clubs.

Iron Mike
10-17-2012, 10:46 PM
Funny as hell: repped.

I would love to find someone who plays sheepshead (not online, but in an outdated, wood-paneled, 'finished' basement with stogies, schnapps, and beer). Do you play with Diamonds or clubs as trump?? I bet you mauer like a bastard!!! :lol:

The old cats in the 'hood back in De Pere would forgo Schafskopf to play 5-point Smear.

Freak Out
10-19-2012, 02:25 PM
Raji, Jennings, Shields still out this week?

QBME
10-19-2012, 02:30 PM

This is from CBS Sports - sorry about the formatting.....

10/19/12 WR Greg Jennings Groin Out for Week 7 at St. Louis
10/18/12 TE Jermichael Finley Shoulder Limited practice. Probable for Week 7 at St. Louis
10/18/12 RB Alex Green Shoulder Limited practice. Probable for Week 7 at St. Louis
10/18/12 CB Davon House Shoulder Full practice. Probable for Week 7 at St. Louis
10/18/12 LB Nick Perry Knee Did not practice. Questionable for Week 7 at St. Louis
10/18/12 DT B.J. Raji Ankle Limited practice. Questionable for Week 7 at St. Louis
10/18/12 S Sean Richardson Hamstring Limited practice. Questionable for Week 7 at St. Louis
10/18/12 QB Aaron Rodgers Calf Full practice. Probable for Week 7 at St. Louis
10/18/12 CB Sam Shields Shin, ankle Did not practice. Questionable for Week 7 at St. Louis
10/18/12 TE D.J. Williams Hamstring Full practice. Probable for Week 7 at St. Louis

Guiness
10-19-2012, 02:48 PM
GJ still out, eh? Uh oh.

Last I heard, House is still wearing a brace, but could probably go. Will depend on Shields' availability.

I wonder how seriously they're taking St-L, and if they might keep guys out an extra week because of the opponent? I'm mostly thinking about Raji, we stopped Houston's run game without him.

Smidgeon
10-19-2012, 03:48 PM

I read that Raji, Jennings, Shields, and Perry are all out for Sunday's game.

QBME
10-19-2012, 04:02 PM
I read that Raji, Jennings, Shields, and Perry are all out for Sunday's game.

This from NFL.com

Green Bay Packers at St. Louis Rams
Name Position Injury Practice Status Game Status
GB
Jermichael Finley TE Shoulder Limited Participation in Practice Probable
Alex Green RB Shoulder Limited Participation in Practice Probable
Davon House CB Shoulder Full Participation in Practice Probable
Greg Jennings WR Groin Did Not Participate In Practice Out
Nick Perry LB Knee Did Not Participate In Practice Out
B.J. Raji DT Ankle Limited Participation in Practice Out
Sean Richardson S Hamstring Limited Participation in Practice Probable
Aaron Rodgers QB Calf Full Participation in Practice Probable
Sam Shields CB Shin Did Not Participate In Practice Out
D.J. Smith LB -- Out (Definitely Will Not Play) --
D.J. Williams TE Hamstring Full Participation in Practice Probable
STL

Freak Out
10-19-2012, 05:19 PM
Forgot about Perry....damn.

Time for the O to light it up. :)

Has Neal been playing OLB or DE more?

rbaloha1
10-20-2012, 02:08 PM
Thank goodness for quality depth. Zombo types are going to find it tougher to make the Packer roster.

Guiness
10-20-2012, 03:59 PM
Raji, Perry and Shields out. Yuck.

Does Woodson start at CB? Other choices are Bush and Hayward, House is likely the dime back.

Woodson is listed on the Packers depth chart as the starting SS.

Saw this on the Injury Report

Johnny Jolly Suspension Suspended indefinitely

Did the league even respond to his reinstatement request? Wow has he ever been treated shitty.

Teamcheez1
10-24-2012, 08:46 AM
It is now being reported that Jennings is seeing a specialist about his groin injury. It sounds like the injury is not healing, or is healing very slowly. I wonder if we will even see him before the bye week? This doesn't bode well for his season or new contract.

pbmax
10-24-2012, 09:16 AM
Pretty sure Johnny's request is in the circular file. But he basically hit his three strike count all while the NFL was making its initial decision. If he could have spread them out more, it might have gone more favorably.

It's obvious he won't be reinstated until next year, I just hope they don't sit on it all offseason and cost him another year. I think he deserves a chance to set it right.

Woodson is SS in the base and slot CB in nickel and dime. McMillan is a better SS, Jennings is better deep at FS. In base, the question becomes where do they want to play Burnett? If they want Burnett deep or play Cover-2, Jennings is the guy. Otherwise McMillan might get the snaps closer to the LOS.

In nickel, its a question of McMillan or Hayward as the slot CB. Much depends here on Shields. If Shields plays, he will be outside, freeing Hayward up for slot duty. If Shields can't play, they have to decide whether they want House outside.

Dime, they will all be out there with Shields/House arguing over RCB.

Joemailman
10-24-2012, 09:23 AM
It is now being reported that Jennings is seeing a specialist about his groin injury. It sounds like the injury is not healing, or is healing very slowly. I wonder if we will even see him before the bye week? This doesn't bode well for his season or new contract.

The best thing for Jennings is to make sure he's healthy for the end of the season. If he were to injure the groin again, and be injured when he enters free agency, that would hurt him more than missing games now. Everyone in the NFL knows how good a receiver he is when healthy.

Fritz
10-24-2012, 01:39 PM

And here's his groin specialist:

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR9WXNYouQkBwEJu3W1eWRINsdOW0Lb4-DU9RLBlrQUSDzJ6895

Joemailman
10-24-2012, 01:46 PM
I think he injured his groin filming a commercial.

http://www.adrants.com/images/CapturFiles-Sep-24-2012_11.46.49.jpg

Cheesehead Craig
10-24-2012, 04:22 PM

She certainly is worth injuring your groin over.

Joemailman
10-24-2012, 04:54 PM
MM said Raji will go through the "rehab portion" of practice tomorrow, and then they will make a decision on whether he practices Friday. Doesn't sound like he's expecting Shields or Perry to play.

Freak Out
10-24-2012, 07:28 PM

So is this the "Groin Specialist" he saw about the injury?

Joemailman
10-25-2012, 06:50 PM
Jordy Nelson missed practice today and won't practice tomorrow because his hamstring tightened up on him yesterday.

pbmax
10-25-2012, 07:08 PM
Other than Raji being limited today (an step forward), this list is getting depressing.

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod
#Packers Injuries: DNP- G. Jennings, Shields, Kuhn, Nelson, Perry, Starks; Limited- Raji, Lang, Saturday, Finley; Full-Driver, Rodgers

Fritz
10-26-2012, 05:35 AM
Agreed. Now it looks like Nelson may sit.

This widespread injury stuff has to fudge up MM's practice plans.

Pugger
10-26-2012, 08:19 AM
Good lord, no Jordy? How good/bad is Jacksonville at stopping the run? We might have to depend upon Driver and Boykin picking up the slack.

Patler
10-26-2012, 10:10 AM
Good lord, no Jordy? How good/bad is Jacksonville at stopping the run? We might have to depend upon Driver and Boykin picking up the slack.

I'm looking forward to seeing both on the field a lot this weekend. It will be good to know if Driver can be counted on, and if Boykin has potential to be more than a 5th/6th receiver.

Cheesehead Craig
10-26-2012, 11:41 AM
If Jordy can't play, that line for the Jax game is going to get a bit smaller. I think it's the Pack -16.5 right now.