PDA

View Full Version : Holmgren fired, retired, something...

Patler
10-16-2012, 02:49 PM
Holmgren done in Cleveland:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8511711/mike-holmgren-retire-cleveland-browns-sale-official

red
10-16-2012, 03:29 PM
but he's done such a great job turning that franchise around

:roll:

swede
10-16-2012, 03:34 PM
Holmgren done in Cleveland:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8511711/mike-holmgren-retire-cleveland-browns-sale-official

If his wife didn't like Green Bay how could she have been talked into moving to...

Thank God this isn't Cleveland (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnlUBZkkhak)

Joemailman
10-16-2012, 04:33 PM
When Clements becomes the new Head Coach in Cleveland, Packers will have an opening for OC.

mraynrand
10-16-2012, 04:34 PM
When Clements becomes the new Head Coach in Cleveland, Packers will have an opening for OC.

http://cheeseheadtv.com/gallery/var/albums/superbowl_xlv/superbowl_media_day/Superbowl_Packers_MediaDay_249.jpg?m=1296598854

pbmax
10-16-2012, 04:42 PM
I wonder how Udonis Haslam and Joe Banner got to know each other? Banner was an Eagle guy who I think essentially lost a power struggle with the Reid-ians. Haslam, a former center for the Gators and the Heat had an ownership history with the Steelers.

Everyone's tenure at the Eagles has been star-crossed since the initial phase of Reid's tenure. They are competent, but have had huge holes on otherwise solid teams. That tradition continues today since, with a well performing Defense and an underperforming Offense, Reid seems to have been forced to fire Juan Castillo because Nmandi Asomugha doesn't like him.

EDIT: Further reading doesn't indicate that he left after a struggle. Was named President of the Eagles in 2001, after Reid had been coach for 2 years. Reid became VP of Football Operations in 2001 and it would seem Reid would have reported to him. I seem to recall a problem with this, but perhaps not as I can't find it.

pbmax
10-16-2012, 04:43 PM
My current attitude toward the entire offensive side of the ball is wait and see.

Patler
10-16-2012, 05:13 PM

Possible, but I don't think it is too likely. Clements will be 60 in January. I know the NFL would never practice age discrimination, :roll: but head coaching has become a young man's game, especially for 1st time HCs. Old, proven HCs get re-cycled, but the new ones tend to be a lot younger.

Teamcheez1
10-16-2012, 06:49 PM
I wonder how Udonis Haslam and Joe Banner got to know each other? Banner was an Eagle guy who I think essentially lost a power struggle with the Reid-ians. Haslam, a former center for the Gators and the Heat had an ownership history with the Steelers.

Everyone's tenure at the Eagles has been star-crossed since the initial phase of Reid's tenure. They are competent, but have had huge holes on otherwise solid teams. That tradition continues today since, with a well performing Defense and an underperforming Offense, Reid seems to have been forced to fire Juan Castillo because Nmandi Asomugha doesn't like him.

EDIT: Further reading doesn't indicate that he left after a struggle. Was named President of the Eagles in 2001, after Reid had been coach for 2 years. Reid became VP of Football Operations in 2001 and it would seem Reid would have reported to him. I seem to recall a problem with this, but perhaps not as I can't find it.

The Philadelphia defense has not had a sack in 3 games.

For those still opining for Cullen Jenkins return, he hasn't had a sack this season.

Kiwon
10-17-2012, 01:11 AM
Every owner wants "his" guy in there.

Not surprising given Cleveland's record. Men like Holmgren don't need a full-time gig anyway. They can work as much as they want serving as consultants anyway.

Brandon494
10-17-2012, 02:02 AM
Has nothing to do with this thread but did you guys know Mike Sherman use to be Joe Philbin's English teacher in H.S. :shock:

Patler
10-17-2012, 06:53 AM

For those still opining for Cullen Jenkins return, he hasn't had a sack this season.

Actually, Cullen Jenkins hasn't had even a partial credit for a sack since the Eagles 10th game last year, and hasn't had a full sack credited to him since the Eagles 5th game of last season. He had 5 sacks in their first five games of 2011, and has had just one-half sack since then.

Pugger
10-17-2012, 08:39 AM
Holmgren should never had pined for a GM's job. He didn't exactly shine in Seattle and Cleveland is still a mess. He should have stuck with coaching.

pbmax
10-17-2012, 09:58 AM

Forget advanced stats as they tell the same story:

Eagles O: 31st in points, 11th in yards
Eagels D: 13th in points, 12th in yards

Catillo's unit wasn't the biggest problem, it was the only thing holding the team together. He took the fall so Reid could have a chance to fix the offense.

mraynrand
10-17-2012, 10:27 AM
Holmgren should never had pined for a GM's job. He didn't exactly shine in Seattle and Cleveland is still a mess. He should have stuck with coaching.

It was his best destiny. It's like when they made James T. Kirk an Admiral: Bad move.

mmmdk
10-17-2012, 01:00 PM
Is this whatcha call a 'brown out'? :wink: