PDA

View Full Version : Speed Kills

HarveyWallbangers
10-17-2012, 02:03 PM
Kind of interesting. Shields is undoubtedly the fastest player on the team. He cited Jordy Nelson as the fastest receiver. The article mentions Cobb's football speed--although I'd say he's more quick than fast. Davon House is also noted for his speed, and he cited Greg Jennings as the fastest receiver.

Fast Players Boost Packers

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/fast-players-boost-packers-7b78f23-174509621.html

LegandofthePack15
10-17-2012, 04:13 PM
Would be nice if Thompson acquires a RB with world class speed. First thing I did when I heard that the Packers have signed Johnny White was look up White's speed rating on Madden. I saw "86" and I was like "fuck!" White's slower than Charles Woodson and he only as fast as Nick Perry.

sharpe1027
10-17-2012, 04:22 PM
I would guess that Jennings is faster in the first 20, Jordy is faster in the second 20.

red
10-17-2012, 07:23 PM
i don't think cobbs really all that fast. he really doesn't seem to have the break away speed

however. dude goes from 0-60 in like 0.38 seconds. he seriously looks like it takes him just 2 steps to get up to full speed

Bossman641
10-17-2012, 08:07 PM
i don't think cobbs really all that fast. he really doesn't seem to have the break away speed

however. dude goes from 0-60 in like 0.38 seconds. he seriously looks like it takes him just 2 steps to get up to full speed

Agreed. Cobb is more quick than fast.

I wonder where Collins would fall on the team if he were still playing. He used to run guys down all the time.

mraynrand
10-17-2012, 08:43 PM
Would be nice if Thompson acquires a RB with world class speed. First thing I did when I heard that the Packers have signed Johnny White was look up White's speed rating on Madden. I saw "86" and I was like "fuck!" White's slower than Charles Woodson and he only as fast as Nick Perry.

We tried Travis Jervey back in the day. He was very fast.

George Cumby
10-17-2012, 09:24 PM

Would be nice if I acquired a pony for Christmas :smile:

Brandon494
10-17-2012, 11:08 PM
Ahmad Carroll would out run all them fools. :jig:

Brandon494
10-17-2012, 11:09 PM

LMAO damn that sucks about White's speed. Saine had great speed and hands on Madden, always subbed him in for screen plays.

red
10-17-2012, 11:17 PM
Agreed. Cobb is more quick than fast.

I wonder where Collins would fall on the team if he were still playing. He used to run guys down all the time.

collins was a 4.2 guy, he might still be the fastest if he was still playing

edit. i guess collins was only a 4.37

Freak Out
10-17-2012, 11:23 PM
There is no speed like Madden speed.

Patler
10-18-2012, 05:42 AM
Ahmad Carroll would out run all them fools. :jig:

Also Chris Johnson, the CB who ended up starting in Oakland for a few seasons.

Fritz
10-18-2012, 06:34 AM
I think Capers has made some comments this year about how "athletic" his defense is, which means, in part, that they're fast.

But I find that his defense is, for all its faults this year, back to stopping the run effectively. Perhaps that will become the basis for an improving, rock-solid defense as the year goes on.

Patler
10-18-2012, 07:13 AM
I think Capers has made some comments this year about how "athletic" his defense is, which means, in part, that they're fast.

But I find that his defense is, for all its faults this year, back to stopping the run effectively. Perhaps that will become the basis for an improving, rock-solid defense as the year goes on.

For the most part, this years rookie class is quite intriguing. They seem to be making an impact on the defense already.

mraynrand
10-18-2012, 09:51 AM
For the most part, this years rookie class is quite intriguing. They seem to be making an impact on the defense already.

'81 Niners, I tells ya; but where we're going, we don't need Rhodes.

denverYooper
10-18-2012, 10:08 AM

Pure awesomeness. Repped.

smuggler
10-18-2012, 10:13 AM
When you get back to 1885, those busts won't even be there!

Fritz
10-18-2012, 12:00 PM
Are the Packers now built to play on fast surfaces? Is this a consideration when drafting players?

smuggler
10-18-2012, 12:07 PM
Most of the skill players are not specifically fast. Jones, Nelson, Benson, Kuhn are not speedsters.

Smidgeon
10-18-2012, 01:36 PM
Most of the skill players are not specifically fast. Jones, Nelson, Benson, Kuhn are not speedsters.

Nelson is. When you get him down field. It just takes him a little longer to accelerate.

Zool
10-18-2012, 01:38 PM

Jordy is definitely fast

denverYooper
10-18-2012, 04:09 PM
Jordy is definitely fast

And he's white, which apparently lets him get behind DBs quite often.

LegandofthePack15
10-18-2012, 05:55 PM
LMAO damn that sucks about White's speed. Saine had great speed and hands on Madden, always subbed him in for screen plays.

Yea, Saine's pretty good on screens; not much of a runner, though.

I only play online and use Pack about 99% of the time. Its hard to run up the middle with the new Infinity Engine, even if bums rush just 1. You just run into your own linemen. That's why I would prefer to have a fast rb to run the ball outside. Benson and Green are too slow; use Starks (90 speed) most of the time to keep bums honest so they would stop rushing 1 all the time. You can actually sack the qb rushing just 1 in this game. Lol.

Brandon494
10-18-2012, 06:14 PM
Yea, Saine's pretty good on screens; not much of a runner, though.

I only play online and use Pack about 99% of the time. Its hard to run up the middle with the new Infinity Engine, even if bums rush just 1. You just run into your own linemen. That's why I would prefer to have a fast rb to run the ball outside. Benson and Green are too slow; use Starks (90 speed) most of the time to keep bums honest so they would stop rushing 1 all the time. You can actually sack the qb rushing just 1 in this game. Lol.

Yea Starks is my starter as well and I only use Benson for short yard situations. I'm in a online franchise league with the Packers against 31 other user controlled teams. Just beat the Vikings in week 17 to win the division over the Bears. Also I've been putting Cobb in as my 3rd down back and hes been dirty coming out of the backfield. :-) I just wish Finley could catch the ball in real life like he does on Madden.

Pugger
10-18-2012, 06:22 PM

:lol:

th87
10-19-2012, 02:40 AM

Well played, sir.

hoosier
10-19-2012, 08:13 AM

In that respect the 1997 Packers were three times as good as the 2012 team. Their three fastest guys: Don Beebe, Travis Jervey and Bill Schroeder.

rbaloha1
10-19-2012, 10:54 AM
White dudes are fast but less explosive. The 10 yard burst is more critical.

sharpe1027
10-19-2012, 11:47 AM
White dudes are fast but less explosive. The 10 yard burst is more critical.

You need those explosive guys, but top end speed can be deadly too. Randy Moss was a good example. I don't think of him as an explosive guy that could consistently beat DBs with his burst on short routes, but his ability to get down the field and out jump the opposition was critical. Jordy is not Moss, but don't discount that defenses need to be aware of him because of his combination of speed and size.

HowardRoark
10-19-2012, 01:25 PM

I'd like to get behind Stacey Dash.

Brandon494
10-19-2012, 01:59 PM
I'd like to get behind Stacey Dash.

http://www.fotosofcelebrities.com/en/S/Stacey_Dash/8.jpg

Fine as hell, too bad shes clueless.

Freak Out
10-19-2012, 02:27 PM
Who cares about her politics? I'm having that for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Guiness
10-19-2012, 02:41 PM
You need those explosive guys, but top end speed can be deadly too. Randy Moss was a good example. I don't think of him as an explosive guy that could consistently beat DBs with his burst on short routes, but his ability to get down the field and out jump the opposition was critical. Jordy is not Moss, but don't discount that defenses need to be aware of him because of his combination of speed and size.

I smirked at Shield's comment that Jordy's faster than you think he is. Why wouldn't you think so? 'cause he white? Methinks he had a chuckle himself saying that.

Zool
10-19-2012, 03:51 PM

These jokes don't Faison me a bit.

denverYooper
10-19-2012, 03:53 PM

Did she lose a contact lens or something there? I hate it when that happens.

rbaloha1
10-20-2012, 02:12 PM
Jordy also learned that smoother running glide from Jennings. Originally a long strider, Nelson has improved route running without losing speed.

rbaloha1
10-20-2012, 02:15 PM

Valid point.

Brandon494
10-20-2012, 02:57 PM
These jokes don't Faison me a bit.

Stop being a Scrub :lol: